Name a more redpilled childrens literature series than redwall. Pro tip, you cant

Name a more redpilled childrens literature series than redwall. Pro tip, you cant

>Entire breeds/species are inherently good/evil
>Monestary/Christian imagery
>Traditional

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bKE4fV4ZKKY&list=FLmgNmhB-SVq3nyTCA2dAqbA&index=21
m.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Qw5xVn7c0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how long is the series? did it have a satisfying conclusion? that little mouse in the robe seems comfy

Harry Potter

Truth. I went straight to Tolkien when I was 10 have reading all of the Redwalls. Recently bought them to read to my kids.

My favorite books growing up.

Picture related

fuck that just took me back. Taggerung was my favorite. Marlfox was pretty good too. Same with the badger one, forgot what it was called.

Shit I might go pick those up.

Splendid

Redwall was max comfy

I loved the redwall, but I couldn't finish the sequels/prequels

You have the original book, Redwall, and then you have the sequels, I think they were called Mattimeo and Matthias. Jacques whatever his name is had a few other books in the same universe, the books all had very tangible atmosphere and strong conclusions in my opinion.

wow, just wow

True. Just check out the cartoon:

youtube.com/watch?v=bKE4fV4ZKKY&list=FLmgNmhB-SVq3nyTCA2dAqbA&index=21

Did they ever include doggos int he books?

kek good b8 pretty good

While a fun series, it's super duper repetitive.

Fuck you Brian Jacques

That's the best thing I've ever read. Got anything for Terry Goodkind?

He passed away when I was in college. No one got why I was so upset, but he certainly felt like family to me.

The Badger Lords were pretty gnarly. Pearls of Lutra was great. Remember finding it odd that Martin the Warrior who inspired all these mouse fighters had a incredibly unhappy life.

this is the best thing ever.

I AM THAT IS
MATTHIAS!

wooaaah!

>badger one
Salamandastron. fuckin dope my dude

Marlfox was fucking great!

I read some book as a kid called The Dark Portal and it was about rats who worshipped cat and skinned mice and ate them. Shit got pretty metal for a children's novel.

The badgers were dope as hell. Wasn't Brocktree's son the fighter dude who crafted Mathias' sword?

Don't forget The Long Patrol, wot wot!

Outcast of Redwall literally has the plot "why vermin can't into society"

This mousemaid Byrony tries to raise this ferret named Veil inside the abbey. He starts out as just a bratty kid, but becomes worse and worse as he gets older. He a to stealing things and framing other people.
When confronted, Veil denies everything (veil dindu nuffin!!), and if that fails he blames everyone else for hating him and blames the abbey leaders.
Byrony sticks up for him and is dissapointed each time and begs for him to have more chances.
Eventually he fucking murders the cook with poison for some reason I don't remember (He knew too much about theivery Veil was doing?) and he gets banished on pain of death.
There was this other cool plot about Sunflash the badass badger that I don't remember much about.
Byrony runs away from redwall with a few friends, tracks him for a long time, and eventually finds and confronts Veil and Veils evil vermin warlord father shows up and Veil sacrifices his life to save Byrony. Also Sunflash showed up after that.
Byrony concluded that though Veil actually was trying to be good, and was capable of doing good, he never belonged in Redwall, and could not overcome his nature and be part of their socitety.
Newly redpilled on vermin (probably the only character that wasn't), Byrony becomes Abbess one day.

There actually are searat vermin in one book that are portrayed as good, but the searats conclude that, though they enjoy redwall society, they are outsiders and don't belong, so they travel far away to start their own society for other rats who want to lead decent lives with other like them. This was in "High Rulain" maybe. Don't remember.

I remember there being a warlord family that skinned people alive in one redwall book. I don't think it happened to a main character but the treat felt very real to me the entire book.

I remember being eight years old and pretending to be the long patrol. My mom was confused.

Teaches kids to respect their elders, defend their home, and to always remember the rats and weasels will always pretend to be hurt and helpless until their are enough of them to overwhelm you.

I bought the entire series off amazon when my son was first born. He's only two so got a little while longer but yeah Redwall is based.

100% based

Holy shit, I read a ton of these books as a kid. Is there a connection between them and right wing autism?

Possibly. The themes are aesthetic militarism, defending your home and civilization from degenerate hordes.

My God, this series was incredible when I was a kid.

I forgot how often a hurt vermin turned out to be a total trap in those books.
...and how the elders were right most of the time instead of the evil force telling people not to follow their dreams, as is common in modern media. Sometimes a good outcome would happen from disobeying elders in a redwall book, but never directly. It was usually about an immature questing party not journeying somewhere dangerous. These types of characters are the most likely to get scammed by vermin before going very far. They usually almost get eaten a few times, they watch people die, or one of them actually dies.
...but most of the time in a Redwall book the elders are helpful and no one goes against them.

The only other person I know who loved redwall as much as me is the most fashy person I know.
Hmm.
I read all of them but the one that came out in 2011. They got repetitive a little, but repetitiveness can be comforting to a kid with a borderline autistic mind.

You forgot that the badgermum named him Veil because she was unsure if he was vile or evil. Play on words. And kinda meta. Cuz niggers.

Sunflash the Mace was my favourite character in the whole series. Spent years fighting a guerilla war with his blood-oathed hawk. Just the two of them, against Veil's father's entire horde.

Dope.

Martin's life was endless suffering. It never stopped sucking.

"Rose......"

The nostalgia holy piss thanks op
>OP IS NOT A FAG

fuck, i used to read these over and over again when i was little.

there's like 22 books in total. there was never an actual conclusion, because all the books tend to be self contained anyway. Sometimes they are direct generational sequels, (the sequel to Op's book features that mouse's young son, and the book after that features his grandson, stuff like that) othertimes they are prequels.

it's really good medieval fantasy.

there's no way this is real

>The Badger Lords were pretty gnarly.
the badger lords were fucking awesome. Metal even. Every male heir makes the eventual pilgrimage to their birthright, a giant mountain fortress with a fucking giant forge right at it's heart, which gives it the outward appearance of a fucking volcano.

He mentions that it used to be a volcano, not a true mountain. He writes from the perspective of medieval peoples. There are a few people who argue over some of the things he describes and it seems he was hinting the volcano was dormant not dead.

I AM THAT IS

MY SWORD SHALL WIELD FOR ME!

EULALIIIAAAAAAA

Between the ages of roughly 7 and 12, I read Redwall books nonstop- 2-3 books per week. They are sizable books and gave me an understanding of the english language at an early age. I have always been a good writer, which i attribute to reading thousands of pages at a young age. Redwall also piqued my interest in cooking, fortifications, and building weapons. Top tier children's literature

To be honest, it doesn't really matter because it's cool as fuck either way.

Salamandastron is also just the coolest name.

>so named because people think a Dragon lives there, or something like that.

fucking cool.

that whole poem is actually really nice

"Who says that I am dead
Knows nought at all.
I-am that is,
Two mice within Redwall.
The Warrior sleeps
'Twixt Hall and Cavern Hole.
I-am that is,
Take on my mighty role.
Look for the sword
In moonlight streaming forth,
At night, when day's first hour
Reflects the North.
From o'er the threshold
Seek and you will see;
I-am that is,
My sword will wield for me."

The cartoon was pretty good too, and id nothing else, what i liked about it was how at the start and stop of each episode, the credits and "to be continued" screens were tapestries. At the end of each episode, it would be a tapestry that recaps all the events of the episode, and that was a really nice detail.

These books were fantastic. Read them when I was younger, but haven't picked them back up since I got older. Are they worth re-reading as an adult?

and over and over and over
I read it almost exclusively from ages 8-11. I folded in various kids mystery series, great illustrated classics, Narnia books, and various kids fantasy books that belonged to my parents. Redwall was my staple though.
When I was 8 I tried reading LOTR but I always have up. Wasn't until I was about 11 that I started to like it.
Still occasionally read redwall books until the age of 14. Around that time my mom said I could read Harry Potter if I wanted too. I was super exited about that, because I was under the impression that it was the best juvenile fiction ever written.
Harry was the most boring passive character I had ever read. I get he could be argued as some sort of reader self insert but IMO, that made it feel even worse. Didn't even like much about the other characters and the world was very overhyped. Tried explaining my Harry Potter feelings to this girl I was dating and she told me I had no soul and didn't want to talk to me anymore.
I guess I was too old for HP when I read them.

Even better as an adult. You'll make more connections and you'll suddenly realize these books made you who you are. Scared me a little at first.

I could never understand what the hell the badgers were saying

(You)
fuck outta here

>The cartoon was pretty good too
I hated the cartoon as a kid and felt like they ruined everything.

Cautionary Tales for Children - Hilaire Belloc

Damn major throwback. My mom actually bought the first book of the series for me and I was hooked. It's essentially European history but with little animals so it's not as "violent". None of my friends have had the luxury of reading this series but then again they love gay shit like Harry Potter.

When I have children I'll make them read Grimm and Charles Perrault stories, maybe some medieval tales also and I'll make them listen to Peter and the Wolf.
Maybe I'll buy them some comics too, not american cancer mind you but shit like Asterix, Tintin, Blake and Mortimer, Thorgal...

sounds exactly like me, but i did find HP fairly enjoyable. My other big book phase came after redwall though- I started reading WWII books by Stephen Ambrose by the dozen

Not a series but commander Rockwells "The Fable of the Ducks and the Hens" is pretty good
m.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Qw5xVn7c0

Where dogs ever mentioned in these books? It's been a very long time since I've read any