Is life any better in Canada?

Self hating American here. I want to move away from this god forsaken shithole and never come back. I was thinking of Canada since I don't live too far away from it. I am
>well educated
>have a degree in civil engineering
>not fat or retarded or any resemblance of the American stereotype
>hate cuckmerica with all my heart and soul
>can think for myself unlike 9 out of 10 Americans
>hard working
>have anglo heritage
>not a believer of a dead kike on a stick

It's pretty much indistinguishable (t. Canadian) except you don't have the option of living somewhere without Winter.

we are kinda heading down an immigration ponzi scheme to support our bloated entitlements...

Run, Escape!

Yeah, I find people are more chill and generally laid back here. We don't have flag burning or riots here everyday and there are some pretty decent jobs to be had.

Not to mention that in several major cities, high quality wilderness areas are as close as an hour away. The only thing that may majorly work against you if you live in liberal Toronto, or are sensitive to the cold

T. leaf citizen but have worked in America for a number of years

We're full up cunt. Fuck off.

If coming to Canada west of Lake superior is a good rule of thumb. Some of the extreme east coast is based but also bretty boor.

Moved from canada to the us a couple years ago, too many niggers, too hot here, but I feel the freedom under my feet

NO NO NO.

Canada is exposed to 24/7 liberal propaganda. U of T is majority Chinese. Housing is not affordable and there are few jobs. Those that exist go to "new canadians" (read syrians and other 3rd worlders). It is literally the worst country to be in now (sweden is a close second). There is no reason to come here. Stay in the US. Get a 100,000 home and live free and easy.

Your quality of life is likely to go down if you move here

Your cost of living will be higher and your earnings lower

This place is garbage

If you're a flaming dick-sucking pinko commie who loves muslim sperm then you'll love it up there.

25M whites, 12M non-whites
whites decreasing at 90K/year, non-whites increasing at 950K/year

3rd world currency. salaries are literally half or less if you're educated. if you're an unskilled shitskin who doesn't speak english its great, you live a lifestyle better than an engineer. but taxes are 50-60% at the highest brackets, and hit around 50% at 100K CAD/80K USD

Currency is notorious for from going from 1.25 to 1.5+ completely fucking your purchasing power

15% sales tax on everything

M103 passed, anything Islamophobic gets you arrested

Sharia courts aka Human Rights Tribunal. If you are accused of offending a Muslim/shitskin you are fined tens of thousands of dollars

I can go on. Oh also, if you're white you have a 0% chance of ever getting in. Shitskins only.

1/3

2/3

If you really hate America, and lean to the left -- I might say Canada is OK for you.

But if you actually like your country and don't want to denigrate it, you should stay there.

I would go for a week or two and visit whatever area you were thinking about.

Again... you will need to lean left of the Typical American and be willing to be vocal about your distaste at the direction America is going.. (IE constant rage at Trump)

Personally, I'd just move to an out of the way part of the US. America is big, and you can usually find a community that suits your personal tastes/outlook. In some ways Canada is more limited -- ideologic, climate, shopping, choice of city, etc. etc.

Vist and do due diligence -- I'm not sure how much paperwork is required either. Probably a hassle, not sure it's with the trouble.

american working in Canada here. not really worth it in most cases.

big cities are not particularly anglo, and outside of them, the good well paying jobs are hard to find. there are rare exceptions (jobs like mine which are very niche and companies are willing to spend $3,000 CAD/day on [note that this is not common at all and I don't make nearly that much - I make about $115K/CAD a year plus benefits, but at a US tax rate]).

canada is beyond liberal and the taxes suck, winter weather is harsh, and the cost of living is fucking insane. i'm glad I get reimbursed for staying in a hotel there and eating at restaurants there rather than having to buy shit myself. most items at grocery stores cost 50-100% more than they would in the US, goods and services similarly except pretty much everything is subject to 13% HST.

ask me anything if you have questions, I've worked in the Montreal and Toronto areas (because that's where demand for my occupation is).

oh, and pay for similar positions in Canada, especially in IT (may not apply to you) are shit compared to the US. Jobs that pay $100K USD in the US will pay $60K USD equivalent in Canada, except in Canada taxes are higher on everything, including income.

3/3

Also Canada has the world's largest housing bubble. But you'd never be able to afford a house

Highest salaries in Canada are about 100K CAD, of which you take home about 60K CAD / 47K usd.

Food is double or triple what it is in the states. 1 lbs cheese is $10. 4L/1 gallon milk $6.

pizza is $30 for 2 mediums, plus tax, tip and jizya, 100% chance the Muslim that made your pizza spit in it as well

I'm sorry, we're only accepting qt3.14 asians at the moment. (for breeding purposes of course)

Coding pays $60K CAD or $47K USD on average. coding is a shit job in Canada these days.

High end is $100K cad / 80K USD but that's the absolute max. the startups pay half that but you get (((equity))). Keep in mind all canadian companies fail

And $3000/day? Even FORTRAN guys from the 80s don't make that much contracting for US financial firms, pretty much the highest payers for niche skills, and that's in the US. Morgan Stanley has it's BO in Montreal for a reason - it can pay programmers 1/3 the salary without having to pay healthcare.

ie. an experienced coder from a top school can pull $250K-300K USD on Wall St ($150K base as a VP, plus 100-150K bonus), $300-500K+ (salary, RSU, equity etc) in SV if they're good.

In Canada Morgan pays $100K CAD and that's for guys with 20 years experience.

IT is nothing but a cost center.

I get paid because I'm not a code monkey. Computer Systems Analyst job definition under NAFTA has responsibilities that go beyond coding, pure coding isn't eligible (although I wouldn't put it past US firms to stretch the definition of responsibilities in the application). Also, travel costs are included in the $3,000+ CAD a day, which isn't typical for consultants. A typical consultant in my area + skill level will be billed at (by the major company they work for) at $500 USD/hr.

I commute from the US to Canada when I need to work at customers and then go back home later in the week (via air from YYZ or YUL).

Canada is a great place for Haitians.
I'm just visiting family in the US, but I love Canada!

Every Canadian in SF came in under TN CSA, you just get a immigration lawyer to word it properly according to TN legalese. There are 350,000 Canadian coders in SV

Maybe that's what accenture charges, but a joe blow is not going to command $3000 per diem. Perhaps for a one day job with flight and lodging, but it's unheard of to make more than $1000/day for IT consulting even in the US.

>Every Canadian in SF came in under TN CSA, you just get a immigration lawyer to word it properly according to TN legalese. There are 350,000 Canadian coders in SV
The difference between pure development and software engineering is not that hard to make apparent. I'm not terribly surprised. And the brain drain goes south because the wages are way better in the US (generally). And TN visas are uncapped, unlike H1-B, and without the prior years at the international parent like L1.

>Maybe that's what accenture charges, but a joe blow is not going to command $3000 per diem. Perhaps for a one day job with flight and lodging, but it's unheard of to make more than $1000/day for IT consulting even in the US.
Oh yeah, independent consulting is different then big corp consulting, big corps have muscle to throw money at the projects that people fuck up on and bail the customers out, they're paying for a guarantee of sorts. I'd never make $3,000/day working independently.

making a mill a year?

I'm the opposite, from Canada now in CA, making the golden 150k/yr, only paying US taxes. I'll go back to Canada when I get older for healthcare. It sucks in the US for that.

As I said in I don't make $3,000+/day, that's what my employer charges for my time. They have to pay my salary (approx $115K/yr CAD before stock options and benefits), my travel costs, and the entirety of my Canadian income tax liability. At 180 billable days per year (or $540,000CAD), they probably make around $250K CAD/yr on me or so after those costs.

Depends on the employer. My employer continues to pay into healthcare under retirement for years after you retire. Plus, the situation in Canada might not be the same in 30 or so years as far as quality of care. Will have to wait and see.

Agreed, same for trusting your employer.

Oh yeah, totally agreed, but I have Canada as a backup plan too.

hope you'll get it before the Haitians

Hey man, have some respect, I did it legally.

That means mine will come after all of the Haitians.

Come on up, save yourself from that shitstain you're living in

haha sad truth

the salaries are less and the goods are more expensive. We're also generally more liberal overall.

I still do prefer Canada to the USA because we're not so fallen a nation that oppresses others as much.

You have to meet the quota of 3 anti-trump posts on Facebook a day and sound like an angry entitled child to get in.