Yellowstone - US if fucked

In 2014 Animals started fleeing Yellowstone in increasing numbers, in present day less than 10% of animals remain and that number is dropping constantly.

Increased seismic activity has begun to occur and has been occurring on a constantly increasing basis to the extent where 5 occurred in one hour in July 2017

NASA has recently revealed they are trying to get funding for a $3.5 billion project to prevent an eruption at Yellowstone. Remarks have been made hinting towards an eruption occurring in the next three years.

Over half the US would be basically wiped out instantly or in the ensuing fallout, but what would the remaining political climate be like? How badly would nukes increase the damage?

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/03/yellowstone-park-supervolcano_n_5083708.html
unvis.it/huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/03/yellowstone-park-supervolcano_n_5083708.html
youtu.be/Jq-e8DWtzvE
newscientist.com/article/2141794-yellowstone-national-park-hit-by-1400-earthquakes-in-six-weeks/
snopes.com/critters/gnus/yellowstone.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=sutWAoG7_tI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

best NYE ever

not only the US would be wiped out, but THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD would be wiped out.

Imagine what the social order would be like after eruption in this day and age, with all the sheltered college kids, entitled niggers and man-woman hybrids. Complete lunacy.

We need a source regarding the fleeing animals user.

Neither thing would be wiped out. Millions, hundreds of millions would die due to starvation. Honestly, i bet the world would be a better place after anyway.

Sounds like a cleansing to me.

>Explosion in the US "whole world"
Are you an idiot? the only way that shit harms us is the dust cloud

the last time a vulcanoe that size erupted was mount toba a couple thousand years ago. only 10.000 people remained. so yes. quite alot would be wiped out.

the ash cloud you mean. and thats what im refering at. most of the world would be wiped out due to hunger.

Not my favorite source, but:

huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/03/yellowstone-park-supervolcano_n_5083708.html

Archived it for you unvis.it/huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/03/yellowstone-park-supervolcano_n_5083708.html

>NASA has recently revealed they are trying to get funding for a $3.5 billion project to prevent an eruption at Yellowstone.

I don't care if this whole post is bullshit. Speculate how we stop a super volcano with today's technology.

Revelation 6

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Yes sorry that is what i meant and you are correct.

russia has big storage of corps and food
i hope ill surive

IIrc the article suggested a drill and a water pump that would power up a continous geyser to relief the heat.

It sounds gayer written than thought.

It's a bit of an exaggeration, but something like this could reach the billions across the globe. US produces a ton of food, and then if we go down who becomes the West? The EU? Lol. Knowing our luck we'd run into added trouble like antibiotic resistance or some random flu. Both of those combined could be devastating and it wouldn't be unexpected for one to lead to the other.

it's essentially an issue of pressure. we need to bleed off that pressure by drilling deep boreholes through the earth's crust into the mantle and allowing the magma to flow out under controlled circumstances.

As far as i know the EU doesn't import food from the US because you guys have different food standards than we do and if i remember about roughly 70 chemicals that is allowed for food in the US is illegal in the EU because it causes cancer and to the other yeah possibly

I remember watching some mediocre documentary about it and the idea was to build a pressure release valve for the magma chamber.
Biggest concern being - is poking a hole in a high pressure chamber like that going to be like poking a pin in a balloon?

Lava melts snowflakes pretty quickly

QUESTION: What are the chances of this volcano erupting during our lifetime?

Yellowstone is /our/ volcano. It will cleanse America.

>it's essentially an issue of pressure. we need to bleed off that pressure by drilling deep boreholes through the earth's crust into the mantle and allowing the magma to flow out under controlled circumstances.
So the magma can erupt to the surface using the path of least resistance we just drilled. Good plan user

That seems like it wouldn't do much considering we already tap the hell out of yellowstone for geothermal power, but I am no geologist.

GOOD LUCK YELLOWSTONE-CHAN!

I LOVE YOU YELLOWSTONE-CHAN!

Relatively high, everyone needs to check University of Utahs earthquake tracker, as they're shit at updating it, but its because they tamper with data. I. E. Earthquakes that had already happened by 0800 aren't on the chart when I check at 0900, but then appear when I check later. With all current technology, there should be no reason for this.

GOOD LUCK YELLOWSTONE - CHAN!

yeah exactly. then we funnel it into arrowhead-shaped molds and make bank selling "genuine indian arrowhead jewlery" to fat girls with dreadlocks

There is a much less than 1% chance Yellowstone will erupt at any point in the next 50,000 years

One must conclude this to be either a conspiritard or slide shill thread.

It's true. We are social engineering projects

I LOVE YOU YELLOWSTONE-CHAN

Obviously that's what would happen. It's a supervolcano. The entire atmosphere would be covered in ash for years, wiping out many species, most land would become arid, and only small groups of people would be able to survive.

It's pretty much an all-out apocalypse only comparable to Fallout 3

Another Jellystone shit thread. Also sage this garbage if you insist on commenting

kek

>less than 10% of animals remain

What's it like to blatantly tell such unbelievable lies on the Internet?

The Rapture is coming. Prepare yourselves and repent.

I just watched an interview where white hair japanese scientist man said there's a 10% chance a smaller eruption will happen per 100 years. One that's big enough to decimate a state but not the whole country.

>There is a much less than 1% chance Yellowstone will erupt at any point in the next 50,000 years
There is a 100% chance you're a faggot Leaf talking out of your ass.

Can confirm the fish have left the water.

Oh fuck, those digits!

That's right, traps are officially gay and all of you are going to hell if you fapped to one.

All cover to force the volcano to erupt.
The end begins. September 23.
REPENT AND ACCEPT JESUS INTO YOUR HEART
THE
END
IS
NIGH

Are you implying that only good people will be taken to god's good graces by yellowstone-chan? I'd better get started on that degeneracy!

GOOD LUCK YELLOWSTONE -CHAN!
I LOVE YOU YELLOWSTONE -CHAN!

Contact the locals, or those in authority positions at Yellowstone and enquire then. Go ahead. I will wait.

no leave it the fuck alone... if you wanna help remove any water near it!
remember water can turn to steam and make an eruption ever worse!

literally bullshit, we'll all be dead for 100s of years before yellowstone blows

>Over half the US would be basically wiped out instantly or in the ensuing fallout

So this is a good thing

youtu.be/Jq-e8DWtzvE

>a literally nigger told me something on Sup Forums so it must be true

nah im good bro

100%.
A supervolcanic eruption is just about the only thing cataclysmic enough to cause the Biblical Rapture. Yellowstone is the most likely culprit of said supervolcano eruption, and the Rapture is bound to happen. therefore, Yellowstone is erupting.
Repent and prepare.

>make outrageous statement
>the burden of proof is on YOU not ME

kys

yeah, too bad its not gonna happen in our lifetime

Since June 12, there has been over 1,400 tremors in the region, and experts stated they believe this will increase and continue to the end of September.

newscientist.com/article/2141794-yellowstone-national-park-hit-by-1400-earthquakes-in-six-weeks/

All it takes is one to split the surface and the pressure that has been building would cause an eruption capable of wiping out a state (at minimum)

I was explaining how i got the sources and telling you to get them if you disagree.

Yellowstone is nothing.

Look up Lake Taupo in New Zealand. Last time It went up about 1800 years ago, the Romans and Chinese knew about it because the sky had a red tinge during sun rise and sunset. Also the planet cooled and crops didn't grow so well.

however, we're a lot more technologically advanced, and do have the capability to weather the storm
it'll fucking suck, but survivalists with hydroponics and LED greenhouses could pull it off

You don't want to be here during the Tribulation.

Not really OP. Snopes says this is false

snopes.com/critters/gnus/yellowstone.asp

B-but

I never got to fall in love

>supervolcano
if it goes boom, the amount of water will not matter very fucking much

(((snopes)))

Nice try jewcano. We all know you want to harvest the diamonds hidden in yellowstone

50/50
either it does, or it doesn't

>captcha: at anytime mexico
t-that's not concerning at all

dump millions of tons of ice into the geysers/vents mah nigga
Thank me later

That is an unremarkable looking volcano

would still be better
magma sprays into the land, but generally stays contained to the yellowstone region
or we let it continue gaining pressure and it explodes with a mighty boom and fucks the entire planet
I'd rather take the cramps and indigestion instead of the taco shits from hell

Best option would be turning Yellowstone into a massive open crater - the larger the hole, the more pressure can escape.

If the hole is large enough the pressure would not be large enough to create a massive eruption.

That's not the volcano. This is is the volcano, specifically the caldera.

>continue to the end of September
>all those prophecies saying that the 23rd of September is the end

"not the largest swarm we’ve recorded in Yellowstone"

so literally nothing. the timelines were dealing with are so retarded its not even worth worrying about,

"Yellowstone has had at least three such eruptions: The three eruptions, 2.1 million years ago, 1.2 million years ago and 640,000 years ago"

protip homie, you'll be dead, your kids will be dead, their kids will be dead..etc before it blows again

stop this fraud you faggot

You idiots have been saying the same thing everytime something happens for the last two thousand years.

>but... but... but... THIS time it's for real. Seriously! Cheezus will be here any day now!

>fraud
It's happening, user.

Sage

hey only HALF A MILLION YEARS to go get your popcorn ready faggots

Will I die slowly in the middle of Saskatchewan?

youtube.com/watch?v=sutWAoG7_tI

by this digits it won't

Pizzagate
E
D
O

You won't be laughing when it happens

This will fuck over the entire world, ash in atmosphere will cause temperature to drop hard enough to have small ice age. Although considering JewSA will be destroyed in the event, this will still be a huge improvement for planet Earth.

>Over half the US would be basically wiped out instantly or in the ensuing fallout

Yeah flyover country. Nothing of value will be lost

Nukes under WTC worked, why not yellow stone

Jews can't swim

you dont want to user
they dont feel the same back

>Over half the US would be basically wiped out instantly
Nice meme faggot not even 100 people will die

Better hurry the fuck up, I don't want to go to work tomorrow

Hard to say. I think it still has a couple hundred years

You faggots think Yellowstone is the only supervolcano? There's even a more active one in Italy that has more chances of blowing up.

Also, if humans could survive the Toba catastrophe 75,000 years ago I'm sure we could survive another and still have the infrastructure to shitpost about it. I can't wait to be on this site Sep 23 when nothing happens, as usual.

you should stop buying into that fear mongering.

What states would get rekt the most? Which would survive?