Good material on ancient Greece? (also fuck /lit/)

Anything on it's history, wars, what life was like, history of philosophers such as Socrates, Plato, Xenophon ect and their works.

Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

livius.org/
livius.org/articles/person/herodotus/herodotus-histories/
youtube.com/watch?v=ebKRoIO_2hU
plato.stanford.edu/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL023BCE5134243987
youtube.com/watch?v=ePL14H1r1e8&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i think it had something to do with banning pokies

HERODOTUS

>i think
No you don't think. You would've never made this post otherwise.

Catch ya later alligator.

i didnt want to seem like a know it all but i do know it all and it was about banning pokies

>i didnt
That's all I needed to read. Just that first bit :^)

Catch ya later alligator.

Thank you for your one worded contribution, looking into HERODOTUS right now (seems promising).

he doesnt say anything about how pokies are fucking over low soc-economical people

>he doesnt
WHAAAT? CAN'T HEAR U LALALALALALA

You're ruining what was once a beautiful thread.

mate, pubs were beautiful 20 years ago before they put pokies in them

Start with Theogonia so you can understand all the mythological references in the works of Pre-Socratics.
With presocratics, there isn't that much to go with sinc we have found only fragments for most of the works.
I would then move on to the three classic tragedy writers, Sophocles, Euripides and Aeschylus. And then you can start with Plato's work. Good luck.

/his/ not Sup Forums, faggot.

none of these writers talk about pokies
you're full of shit

I have beaten up 2 fat australian tourists already, don't provoke me.

>mate, pubs were beautiful 20 years ago before they put pokies in them

What a depressing opinion to have. It's like saying a cats asshole is beautiful. How gross.

fucking wogs mate, always want to have a go
i was on subject and you started talking about some cunts who lived thousands of years ago
you're a wanker

yeah and we could also smoke durrys at the bar
you have shit opinions, you shouldnt express them

You are a pussy and a failed troll.

he made a thread about xenophon
fuck you, you dont know what you're talking about

Ahh advice from an actual Greek.

>With presocratics, there isn't that much to go with sinc we have found only fragments for most of the works.
Yeah found that out only 20 minutes ago.

>I would then move on to the three classic tragedy writers, Sophocles, Euripides and Aeschylus. And then you can start with Plato's work. Good luck.

Aight, thanks nigga, Zeus be true and shiet.

>pleobophon
I am laughing like a maniac.

>plebophon
I am laughing like a maniac.

livius.org/

>Ahh advice from an actual Greek.
Don't take a Greek's opinion on the subject for granted, most of us don't know shit about ancient Greece.

livius.org/articles/person/herodotus/herodotus-histories/

Lol.. before your time young one there was no /his and we had glorious historical talks all the time. This is an 18+ board Faggot.

Plato was Nordic

The ancient Greeks were a bunch of faggots. Why would you want to listen to anything they have to say?

you sound like a "pass us ya lighter cunt" type of faggot.

Why don't you try and suck up a scooner with your ass? I guarantee you it's more fun than this petty shit m8. Maybe you might get some rep with the local drunks, feel better about yourself ect.

I fucking love australians

i'm a tax ya lighter cunt, it's a fun game
i feel ok about myself

Are you a Nordic Greek or medshit greek?

Thucydidies
Homer

Greeks are nordic, fucking get over it

Medshit, of course, 100% true mycenean blood m8.

Some are, some aren't. Nordics are in every European Nation and medshits are too. Nordics are the true whites and founders of civillisation.

NORDICS ARE SUBHUMANS YOU SNEAKY SHITSKIN

Sad fucking truth. UNIRONICALLY, THE JEWS DID THIS TO US.

Hey brudda got a smoke? Aye got a lightah? Spare a kidney?

youtube.com/watch?v=ebKRoIO_2hU

Enjoy.

NORDICS ARE SUBHUMANS

NORDICS ARE SHIT
NORDICS ARE SUBHUMANS

NORDICS ARE SUBHUMANS

SNEAKY SHITSKIN

You again did you enjoy spamming my threads?

Hercules was described as μελαψός, which means "with a dark skin", so there were niggers in Greece along with Blonds aka whites.
>GAS
Fuck of nigger we cyclopean walls and shit.

YOU ARE A SNEAKY SHITSKIN

We did it to ourselves. We have become a very hedonistic nation.

get your fucking own shitcunt
learn to roll

GREEKS ARE WHITE YOU SUBHUMAN MONGREL

plato.stanford.edu/

this is a good site for anything philosophy pretty much.

flying snakes kek.

Do you ever tire of being a massive cunt? Do you even speak Ελληνιkά;

Let me just end this thread already:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL023BCE5134243987

/thread

Watch 3 a day and git gud

Greeks are literally niggers. We even act the part.

I think the terms Mediterranean and Nordic is best to describe the people of Europe. Other groups like Bretons or Alpines are just mixes of the two or other races.

yeah!
big lez show kicks fucing ass

YOU ARE A NIGGER YOU SUBHUMAN ALBANIAN SHITSKIN

>I think the terms Mediterranean and Nordic
Then what was Hungarians and Fins?

It did in 2014

Read Plato's "Phaedrus" heres a nice extract:
>And the beloved when he has received him into communion and intimacy, is quite amazed at the good-will of the lover; he recognises that the inspired friend is worth all other friends or kinsmen; they have nothing of friendship in them worthy to be compared with his. And when this feeling continues and he is nearer to him and embraces him, in gymnastic exercises and at other times of meeting, then the fountain of that stream, which Zeus when he was in love with Ganymede named Desire, overflows upon the lover, and some enters into his soul, and some when he is filled flows out again; and as a breeze or an echo rebounds from the smooth rocks and returns whence it came, so does the stream of beauty, passing through the eyes which are the windows of the soul, come back to the beautiful one; there arriving and quickening the passages of the wings, watering them and inclining them to grow, and filling the soul of the beloved also with love. And thus he loves, but he knows not what; he does not understand and cannot explain his own state; he appears to have caught the infection of blindness from another; the lover is his mirror in whom he is beholding himself, but he is not aware of this. When he is with the lover, both cease from their pain, but when he is away then he longs as he is longed for, and has love’s image, love for love (Anteros) lodging in his breast, which he calls and believes to be not love but friendship only, and his desire is as the desire of the other, but weaker; he wants to see him, touch him, kiss him, embrace him, and probably not long afterwards his desire is accomplished.

SUBHUMANS

Black and proud. Now fork over those monies.

youtube.com/watch?v=ePL14H1r1e8&feature=youtu.be

>Iki's explosive hungarians are subhuman spam was a thing you witnessed
We are truly blessed people.

This is worth buying/reading, A lot of post-socratic thought is fully integrated into even the most basic philosophy that we all take for granted but a lot of the thought before that is pretty enlightening when you start reading it.

The first time I read Heraclitus' fragments was life changing to me and I still think of some of the quotes all the time a decade later.

Nordics, Mediterranean or mixtures, Asian blood and even Arabic blood is in there.

pic related is a pretty good start, the first few chapters are on the ancient greeks.

I personally have always like Antisthenes, seemed always to be the right cure for Plato's faggotry of forms.

ALBANIANS ARE SUBHUMANS

ALBANIANS ARE SUBHUMANS

i like faggots too

Cyprus has lots of Levantine and Arab blood. Some Cretans from Herakleion too.

> it means with dark skin
it means bronzed you Mongoloid Greek God's were always well tanned except for the obvious few so making Heraclus with dark skin signified godhood

Go live in a barrel already you faggot

THERE IS NO ARAB BLOOD
ARABS ARE SUBHUMAN SMOGNRELS

ALBANIANS ARE SUBHUMANS

Don't try to lecture me on Greek faggot.
I know what the word means and you are wrong, it comes from μέλαν which literally means dark skinned.
Hercules was a nigger and so are all true Greeks, get over it whitey.

the nolan show spin off thing wasnt bad

There is still some Nordic blood in Greece though.

Yes, ots of it too, many blonds and red heads, but it's kinda hard for them to live here in the summer since the sun is too strong.

I watch the new episodes occasionally now just for nolstagia.

ALBANIANS ARE SUBHUMANS

NO THERE IS NOT YOU ASIAN SHITSKIN

NORDICS ARE SUBHUMANS

THIS IS WRONG YOU ALBANIAN SUBHUMAN

ALBANIANS ARE SUBHUMANS

i decided to just wait til the season is finished to watch them all
the movie was shit

stop fucking spamming iky larper

Hey, I remember seeing you in that Nordic race thread. Nice to see you again, Based Kraut! kek

Apparently there was quite a few migrations out of Greece to the colder climates in the North as the Nordics often found it unpleasent in Greece.

He ruined my two damned threads.

ALBANIANS ARE SUBHUMANS

STUPID POST BY SNEAKY ASIAN SHITSKIN

NORDICS ARE SUBHUMANS YOU ASIAN SHITSKIN

There is not any basis for that theory though, these things are hard to prove anyway.

Go on /his/.

Also read Ammianus Marcellinus if you want to avoid degeneracy.

Herodotus is a fun and easy read but he will not provoke you like the others. My favorite is some of the later ancient Greeks like Epictetus or Epicurus - that is if you are into metaphysics and philosophy.

>Nordics are the true whites and founders of civillisation.

Nordics aren't the 'true' anything, including whites (due to their mongoloid admixture). Nordics also didn't create civilisation. Meds are superior to Nordics. Nordics are just snowniggers. eds invented Western Civilisation back when Nords were still shitting in caves, you faggot. Here are SOME (though definitely NOWHERE NEAR ALL) of the achievements of Ancient Greece (and ONLY Ancient Greece):

* Science has its origins in Ancient Greece via Thales of Miletus, who was the first person in known human history to claim natural causes for phenomena (as opposed to supernatural causes, for example because of 'gods').

* Major mathematical principles originated from Ancient Greece via Pythagoras, Diophantus of Alexandria (the father of algebra) and Euclid (the father of geometry).

* The Latin script is the most widely used script in the world today and the mother of the Latin script is the Greek script.

* History was born in Ancient Greece via Herodotus.

* Democracy comes from Ancient Greece and, back then, democracy was not the shit-tier, so-called 'representative' bullshit we have today. The Ancient Greeks practiced direct democracy because their cities usually only had a few thousand people and only adult males were considered 'citizens', so everyone important had a say.

* Western philosophy, Western literature, the field of medicine, trial by jury and equality under the law all have their origin in Ancient Greece.

* Anaximander came up with a rudimentary theory of evolution millennia before Darwin was even born.

* Greco-Roman culture was exported to literally every piece of land on Earth during the era of European colonialism.

* Hero of Alexandria was responsible for the world's first steam-powered engine almost two millennia before the Industrial Revolution.

* Many words in European languages (like English, for example) are derived from the Greek language.

Stay mad, faggot.

Not enough love for based Heracletus anywhere...

You're right but it would make sense if some of them did.

Jesus Christ when you take a shit you don't expect to come back to.... shit. Fucking troll motherfuckers we really need a leash on you.

Repeating numbers confirm! Nordics can't even maintain their present-day countries without being the most kike-cucked countries in Europe (especially Sweden). Other Germanic people like English people and Germans are okay, though. But snowniggers are historically irrelevant, merely a nuisance for the Greeks and Romans.

* Meds invented Western Civilisation back when Nords were still shitting in caves, you faggot.

>Meds invented Western Civilisation
True but we heavily borrowed from Semites, never forget that.

DO NOT LIE YOU SNEAKY ALBANIAN SUBHUMAN

Prove me wrong.

>reading the Greeks instead of the Romans

It's like you want to be lame

Greeks are not Nordcucks
Greeks are not Niggers
Greeks are not Egyptian

Greeks = White people with dark hair/eyes

You = the white version of a wewuzing nigger

YOU POSTED THIS SHITY PICTURE BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN INFERIORITY COMPLEX AND ARE JEALOUS OF GREEKS

All those things you just described were founded and created by the ruiling and uper classes of Greece who were Nordic. The only Nordics that have any considerable amount of mongoloid blood are the finnish and north Scandinavian. Meds are some of the most mixed people in the world with Negro and Arabic and even Mongoloid.