Can you live a moral life without being religious?

Can you live a moral life without being religious?

Why? Why not?

only if youre redpilled to the point you can see corruption of society

Nice left titty but what is the name of dis bitch?

Reverse search failed me

The blue hair ruins it.

boobs

Religion supplies you with a moral code with regards to living your life

While you can have your own morals and be a good individual, the purpose of a religion is to have your society adhere to these outlined morals as to keep a tightly-knit community and to keep it from being subverted from the outside.

So yes, you can live a moral life without strictly adhering to a specific religion's morals, you just slightly fracture society that small bit more when you choose to do so. Considering that religious morals usually hit all the most important stuff (murder, rape, thievery, etc) there is no real point to not subscribe to a religion because of that.

Yes, religion is a moral crutch for people with no self control. It's perfectly possible to think it's wrong to murder someone without having the fear of being ass rape by pure fire for all eternity touted over your head.

No, because your morals are subject to change. Morality without authority is meaningless.

`>religion == morality

are you a retard?
of course

repost

No, how would you know what you're doing is right or wrong.

I can't. Asian women.

worth

Read some Kant bro

Yes.

True morality is knowing what right and wrong is without needing to be told or threatened(dur ur gonna go to hell).

Sure you can.
I'd even go as far as to say that living a moral and righteous life without the fear of post-mortem consequences is even more moral than normal religious lives.
Religion is a good tool to help weak willed people, though, and that's a good thing.
It's bad just when it's used as a weapon to judge others and feel superior.

>Can you live a moral life without being religious?
>Why?
Because I want to.

The same reason people go to church, and adhere to its precepts. Because they want to. Or they feel that doing so makes them feel like they belong.

I don't need to feel like I belong. But I do want to live in a community that values ethical conduct. So I live by the same ethical/moral conduct that I would want others to follow.

It's not complicated.

b o o o b s

replying so my mother doesnt die
did anyone else see the text on the right boob?

It's obvious they are not related. Law > religion. Always was and always will be

I wish I could be as pretty as her.

sure, if you admit that the only reason to be moral is societal

Why shouldn't you commit a crime if it is the perfect crime and you're the only one who knows about it and don't feel guilty about it?

I swear you people are retarded. Religion is derived from morality, not the other way around.

>what is fear of the consequences

if its something that isn't illegal than it can't be all that bad. fuck unnecessary restrictions

give the name of the girl you shitskin

>Why
Becase people are capable of good things and its not hard to find some one whom is true to his values even if they are not religious.

Though a 100% atheist/agnostic society would be a mess

>Why not
Because most people are literally braindead and cant even life a respectful life without the thread of going to hell on every turn. Even so they fail to keep on the word of their own phrophet and become massive degenerates even if they are religious folk

Pic semi related.

Being religious is like buying a PC while having your own moral code is like building one. The prebuilt one has set specifications (which could be good or bad) while a custom build could end up being the same, inferior or greater than a prebuild, it depends on who builds it and how knowledgeable they are on the subject.

live*

> pic

loser.

mods mods mods
ban, sage, report

Don't tell me what to do.

cunt

The vast, vast majority can't. Good example: Sup Forums, and all the Raskolnikov-wannabes in this thread. It isn't categorically true, but it is effectually.

you know that it's possible to follow the moral teachings of the Bible without believing in God
The only part you can't do is to believe in God which he tells you to do, but you can do everything else just fine

You don't need to believe in magical sky daddy to have a sense of right/wrong. Society has laws based on our morals, religion is not needed anymore.

That's not morality though. Without some external force your morality is just convenience. Its possible to behave like a moral person without a religion, but as soon as its convenient for you to go back on your 'morals' you'll do it and make up excuses as to why murder is morally right.

This

nice tits.

I like the religion, went to a good church, became a confirmed member, turns out I don't have faith. The rest of it makes for good morals.

>Without some external force your morality is just convenience.
But being moral/a good person is the exact opposite of convenience since you are missing out on opportunities for self-advancement in every area of your life.

Is that Harriet Sugarcookie?

No because not believing in God is going against his plan, which is by definition immoral.
Checkmate atheist cum.

>not believing is God is immoral because he said so
not an argument

boobs

Morality is subjective. What some find good others see as evil. Science holds the key to stability.

The universe seeks equilibrium. Everything good from your perspective will be balanced by an equal amount of evil. If you want stability you will try to be neither good nor evil. Being good is evil. Be neutral. If you do a good deed, do it for selfish reasons. Balance.

Any sane and rational person simply cannot accept objective morality without some kind of adjunct faith in inescapable consequences.

It's simply too easy to control people with evil. An 8 year old knows as much.

you can be religious without believing in god
how can you be moral without knowing whats right or wrong?
some people say "common sense" but my common sense tells me that i should destroy those who oppose a threat to my genes.

pose*

Fuck

I think doing what is good for yourself, your family and your people without harming others is moral

>That's not morality though. Without some external force your morality is just convenience. Its possible to behave like a moral person without a religion, but as soon as its convenient for you to go back on your 'morals' you'll do it and make up excuses as to why murder is morally right.

Because people that follow religions never violate religious codes of morality.

Fuck your retarded speach. Of course good exist, and evil.

Moral is not subjective, a nation without official morality is degenerate.

if though that by this moment its already obvious that the great majority of "religious" people follow their religion out of divine fear, they dont understand the greater purpose of a holy book

no, without God, all is permissible

Suck my Danish dick

>he needs someone to tell him what's righteous and what's degeneracy
What a fucking loser.

Fuknig cunt!

Why not?

yes. in all things destroy ego

People misunderstand why religious morality is needed.
People as a whole just want what's better for themselves, which translates to behaviours that are detrimental to society as a whole.

But with religion you keep all classes in check. In a society without morality, the lower you go in classes, the more trouble you found. But with religion the influence gets stronger the lower you go, and and weaker the higher you go. So you have a high class with low crime unaffected by religion, and a low class with high crime that's heavily affected by religion.

It's en equalizer.
Having religion around puts up limits and makes it easier to control the population. Which I'm sure looks like an evil thing to you AnCaps on your first class of Philosophy I, but it's actually the best system for humanity to exist in, on average.

So yes, religion is a good thing to have.
And I'm saying this as an atheist.

>no, without God, all is permissible
Only if you are inherently an immoral person.

No, because works without faith are both imperfect and unjustified.

devious, but you got me

how dare you use tits as bait

Isn't that the point? Call me a cynic but I don't think Christianity would have taken off as a world religion is divine fear wasn't build into it. Forgiveness of sin and inclusivity for all are two other big factors that contributed to its raising position but not as much as divine fear I think.

yes

because you define the morality, morality does not define you. There is no objective reality.

Yes.

Humans possess the ability to behave morally without believing in fairy tales.

Yes

Yeah, because our societies are veering on such a righteous, non-degenerate course since the abandonment of God.

With no god there is no free will.
Without free will, morality is a meaningless concept.

pretty much, but for certain type of people, those with an iq high enough to see the disaster that a society without a moral code to keep the animal at bay, for them god is irrelevant.

Of course

>fairy tales
The foundations of our civilization aren't fairy tales you nog.

Post more

This. Churches are a good source of community and Christianity is a good moral base regardless of whether you actually literally believe in it or not. It needs spread and supported.

Yes but damned if I know how if you don't have a strong family to instil those values.
I'm an atheist but my parents gave me the values without the religion.

only feminist id fuck

She's cute but that pig nose really bugs me.

Nigeria national

SAGE

Yes they are you turbo nigger. Are you saying you believe every explanation humans came up with 2000+ years ago?

How is rubbing literal shit into your wounds in order to dissuade the presence of the ghosts that lead to infection going for you?

If you prove there is no God, There will be lots of dead antifa faggots.

Let me reroll that one for kek.

Yes, however most people are degenerate enough that they need the threat of hell to keep them from degenerating into savages. If an atheist/agnostic person can recognize and appreciate that our values are derived from religion then they can live a moral life.

Unfortunately the sexual revolution has caused more and more people believe that they get to go heaven just because they "have faith" in God's existence. Even worse, many atheists believe that in abandoning the idea of God we must abandon his teachings, they think that secularization means anarchy. These two trends combined create a world where people simply don't care to lead moral lives, either because they don't think they need to or because they think it casts off the yoke of religion.

No - morality isn't tangible.

True, I think Christianity as a whole has a positive impact if not taken to extreme ends. I have been to remote villages and see how a community congregates and communes and rejoices during mass and church events. My problem doesn't lie with the religion but with the church because it, like any other institution that grows in power and wealth, always inevitably turns against the core moral values they preach.

With full knowledge I can only speak for the Orthodox church of Greece (but from what I am seeing Catholics aren't better) but it is a corrupt and money hungry organization filled with literal fags with no sense of right or wrong, the exception being the hermits over at Holy Mountain (Mount Athos in English).

lol

Yes, but you still need faith.

From Nietzsche, The Gay Science
>How we, too, are still pious .— In science convictions have no rights of citizenship, as one says with good reason. Only when they decide to descend to the modesty of hypotheses, of a provisional experimental point of view, of a regulative fiction, they may be granted admission and even a certain value in the realm of knowledge—though always with the restriction that they remain under police supervision, under the police of mistrust. —But does this not mean, if you consider it more precisely, that a conviction may obtain admission to science only when it ceases to be a conviction? Would it not be the first step in the discipline of the scientific spirit that one would not permit oneself any more convictions? Probably this is so; only we still have to ask: To make it possible for this discipline to begin , must there not be some prior conviction—even one that is so commanding and unconditional that it sacrifices all other convictions to itself? We see that science also rests on a faith; there simply is no science “without presuppositions.” The question whether truth is needed must not only have been affirmed in advance, but affirmed to such a degree that the principle, the faith, the conviction finds expression: “Nothing is needed more than truth, and in relation to it everything else has only second-rate value.”

Once you realize that science and other "objective" philosophies are nonetheless predicated upon some set of basic convictions -- upon faith -- the following becomes apparent: Rather than you find morality by submitting to religion, you impose morality by your own basic convictions. My morality is in my disgust for decadence and resentment, and my love for strength and active will.

Yes, but it requires a high IQ to see the importance in morality to keep society together. Religion is for the low IQ masses that can't see this and needs someone to tell them that something is wrong

Sort of

Being religion doesn't guarantee a "moral life", y'know.

People sin. It's just part of human nature.

I agree with Machiavelli. It's an active hindrance to the efficacy of the state apparatus but it's necessary for a cohesive and happy populace. The lemmings need their opium.

what have i done

>Without some external force your morality is just convenience
what happened to concepts of honor?

also nice tits

n o.

>existence of islam
>"religion supplies moral code"

All morals come from religious texts and thinkers. So if you are an atheist following moral codes based on religious morality you are cucking yourself. Atheists are degenerates who are not compatible with righteous morality.