NASA plans to prevent Yellowstone Supervolcano from destroying the US

foxnews.com/science/2017/08/28/nasa-wants-to-prevent-yellowstone-super-volcano-from-destroying-us.html

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hy0cjVobjOs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I say let it

what are the chances that interfering with it doesn't set if off early?

'Tis the fate of empires

Won't work

Welcome to the really life Trolley dilemma.

Where everyone is going to die if you don't do anything, and if you do anything to lessen the death count, you still become responsible for the people that die.

fuck off nigger

You become responsible for saving lives.

>prevent

yea right, they are gonna set off

NASA working up a scare so they can get your tax dollars

hoo-boy

>he thinks the sheeple will make any attempt to see the good and not just seek a scapegoat to blame for the loss of life

I can only imagine that conversation.
"Hey, you remember that supervolcano that is super overdue for an eruption that could wipe out millions but we said definitely wouldn't be a threat for a long time?"
"...Yeah?"
"Well, you're gonna just hate me for this, but we may have been a tiny bit wrong on that one."

This

They are gonna attempt to set it off if their plan with the Cassini probe fails for Saturn (which most likely will because it's so retarded,they are actually thinking it could work if all of this is true)

They'll probably just fuck up and it will end up erupting. You can't just blow off a little steam from it

I think you can though, some volcanos have natural vents that let pressure escape. If they can mimic that.

Oh look, I wonder if they are gonna use consensus to try and justify spending money on that too...

fuck, my gut says this.

damn. But if it fails for yellowstone, then what?

they revealed this just yesterday,so we probably don't know the next backup plan if this all is true of course.

it's a scam they just want more funding

What I always wondered about this is why can't they have a huge reinforced box of some type of material built around it that activates when detecting an increase in pressure equal to a explosion? Or have people on duty 24/7 to watch the area and if shit happens press the button that activates it. This box will confine the explosion and particles from escaping and preventing the nuclear winter we all fear, I figure it also has to be strong enough to take some hits from molten lava as well but theres materials on Earth that can contain such a thing I figure. And then when everything settles and the ash is all across the ground within the containment area clean it up somehow, this just seems like a logical thing to me, because besides the earthquakes and lava the thing that'll be most destructive would be the particles. Or maybe I'm too scifi for this thread.

Tbh that shit scares me so let the scientists do what they can desu

Dude... are you actually that fucking stupid?

If you untie a balloon you can let the air out without popping it.

Article is ful of shit. The earth itself is not over 500 billion cubic miles in size so the magma pool under Yellowstone can't be either.

Or you just turned a volcano into a frag grenade

no one has that much iridium

Because you're asking to overengineer the solution. We install a pressure tap, slowly open when needed to vent, slowly close when we're in the clear.

That's a funny looking butthole

theres not going to just be an explosion user

a supervolcano is an insanely large mass of magma under thin earth, whats going to happen is all the heat from the magma combined with the earth above it, is going to pump a metric fuck ton of ash into atmosphere

your box would melt

that pic looks pretty cool

NASA thought computer models can predict weather patterns and sea level rise 50 years out.

Computer models

Predicting nature

NASA

Yeah but I'm saying cover the state, losing one lonely populated state isn't as bad as half or 3/4 the country, like this user said it's engineerable is it not? Or maybe I'm over thinking the situation I'm just saying I don't see why that couldn't be a thing instead of risking blowing it up while trying to save it. There has to be a way to let it happen you know let nature run its course and contain it. I mean where is Yellowstone Montana right? Nobody will miss Montana.

NASA don't
Let it happen

this can be countered, but it would probably require collusion between the media and the government to make sure there was a consistent message.

This

They just don't know what else to come up with to get more dough.

They know they can't ask Trump/Congress for more money just for sending their toys in space.

Gotta instill some fear, that always works.

Set it off
youtube.com/watch?v=Hy0cjVobjOs

This is what every government agency does when they want more money. Whenever the Coast Guard wants more money (which, to be honest, they actually need) they whine about how spics are bringing in too much coke. When schools want more money, they point out how retarded all of their kids are and somehow think more money will solve it (instead of simply being better educators, or kicking out violent niggers).

And of course, when NASA wants more money, they fearmonger. Global warming, giant asteroids that will wipe all life out, and now this bullshit. Threats with legitimacy to them, but the chances of actually doing anything about it are virtually zero. It's all just a scam to get more money.

Nigger... there is nothing theoretical about a fucking supervolcano. Yellowstone is real, it is not in dispute like global warming, and the asteroid thing is legit to as it has happened many times and will happen again.

Wait so fib user said this stuff was going off this summer. I mean he also said wjc would be dead before last January but ya gotta cut him slack for not knowing what medical abilities elites have.

Also the shadow of the eclipse hit pretty close to that caldera.

Did you even read what I wrote? I clearly stated that they are legitimate threats, there's just nothing you can do about them and the chance of either happening in the next several hundred thousand years is virtually zero. NASA is just doing this shit for more money, like always.

Maybe if NASA didn't waste all of their time and money with their retarded publicity campaigns to get more niggers and women into science and showing off how diverse they are they would actually get real science done.

NASA is not going to do shit. For fucks sake, they can't even get their own astronauts to the fucking space station without hitching a ride with the Russians, but somehow they got this Yellowstone situation under control. Call me when they can actually launch our people into space with a rocket they actually built.

Volcanos exist for a reason right? Whatever that may be, I'm not sure fucking with the largest one on Earth will end well, cant stupid humies just accept that every so often we all get wiped off the map?

All I know is if the government is taking about trying to solve a problem and going public with it. It means it is too late to fix it and has been a fuck huge secret disaster waiting to happen for decades.

FRACK YELLOWSTONE TO SAVE THE WORLD!

FRACK
FRACK
FRACK
FRACK