Babies aren't sentient so it shouldn't be illegal to humanely kill them

babies aren't sentient so it shouldn't be illegal to humanely kill them.

Prove me wrong without using feelings.

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0022022110381114
www2.psych.ubc.ca/~henrich/pdfs/Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology-2010-Broesch- Cultural Variations in Children's Mirror Self-Recognition.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=cKs_iW0QVNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Define sentient

Got to love Canadian debating technique
>I'm going to use this word without defining it or setting starting grounds for the debate and will widdle around with post-structuralism and redefine words on the fly to pretend I'm right
I see through you.

But they are sentient

The only person who I can know is sentient is me, so it should be legal for me to humanely kill anyone.

You aren't sentient so it shouldn't be illegal to humanely kill you.

Same logic counters your argument. Prove me wrong without using feelings.

>babies aren't sentient
And women are?

>prove me wrong

How about we just shoot you instead?

maybe people should be responsible for their own actions instead of having the state get involved.

Your baby-killing degeneracy is a big part of what's thrown your country into a backwards ass fuckfest of having to rely on shipping in chinese and somalis to do work for you. Have fun being destroyed by your own creation.

Kenyan babies don't pass the mirror test until around age 6.

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0022022110381114

www2.psych.ubc.ca/~henrich/pdfs/Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology-2010-Broesch- Cultural Variations in Children's Mirror Self-Recognition.pdf

4 minutes:

>Which Animals Recognize Themselves In Mirrors?
youtube.com/watch?v=cKs_iW0QVNY

I'm not a fan of abortion, but if everyone decides killing babies is an okay thing to do I don't understand birth being the cut-off point. You should be able to try the baby out for a year or two and if you don't like it you can drop it off at a disposal site.

You all know babies aren't the same as adults or even children.
They haven't even lived yet. If the parent wants to get rid of them it shouldn't matter because babies are blank slates with nothing in them yet.

That's not true, a significant amount of learning is done in the womb, including some very basic language skills.

How about you look up the definition of sentient. It's a word and it has a meaning, why does he have to define it?
having the power of perception by the senses; conscious.

No but we all have feelings see. Because we're not psychopaths / sociopaths with a non developed or damaged frontal lobe.
This keeps us from killing innocent harmless babies. " Humanely ".

Bullshit.

There is no scientific method of measuring consciousness. Your entire argument is garbage.

Once you have a way of measuring consciousness in a being, you can argue for or against abortion based on sentience.

For all you know, a fucking microbe is sentient. A goddamned rock might be sentient. Or the entire universe might be one massive conscious being.

So please stop being such a fucking arrogant retard by assuming you know how consciousness works. Thank you.

>"being a blank slate is a good excuse for death sentence"
>is voluntarily a communist who supports abortion
Some would argue the opposite is a better excuse for death sentence.

Exactly, they are unlimited potential, if anything killing a grown adult is less bad
This is not true

>They haven't even lived yet
You're either trolling or your definition of "living" only starts when a baby passes through the vaginal wall. Either way you're a complete idiot.

SENTIENT != SAPIENT YOU STUPID FUCKING FAGGOT
ANY LIVING THING WITH AN ABILITY TO PERCEIVE THINGS BEYOND IT IN A CENTRALIZED MANNER IS FUCKING SENTIENT
YOUR DOG IS SENTIENT
BUGS ARE SENTIENT
MOTHER FUCKING LAMPREYS ARE SENTIENT
SAPIENCE I WHAT'S DEFINED BY INTELLIGENCE, WE'RE FUCKING HOMO SAPIENS NOT HOMO SENTIENTS YOU ENORMOUS FUCKING RETARD. A BABY SURE AS SHIT IS FUCKING SENTIENT, IT'S A QUESTION AS TO WHETHER OR NOT IT'S SAPIENT.
YOU MAROON. YOU FUCKING MORON. I WISH THERE WERE A STRONGER WORD THAN RETARD TO DESCRIBE HOW FUCKING MONUMENTALLY STUPID PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE.

> use feelings to state my position
> Woah hold on now, you cant use feelings to refute it

gas yourself.

This thread is a bunch of Cheeto-finger neck-beards who shitpost on Sup Forums and jack off all day feeling mighty telling me what degeneracy is.

>Prove me wrong without using feelings.
>uses feelings to make a statement

A PORRA DE UMA FOLHA

We know a rock is not sentient because it has no brain/neural network. What did you think sentience comes from your soul? Same way an ant isn't sentient. Do you know the definition of sentience?

sleeping people aren't sentient so it shouldn't be illegal to kill them humanely.

>I WISH THERE WERE A STRONGER WORD THAN RETARD TO DESCRIBE HOW FUCKING MONUMENTALLY STUPID PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE
nigger is the word you are looking for

I haven't decided what the correct answer for this yet, but you do have a point. Human babies only have the potential for sentience. In most cases where babies are abandoned by humans and raised by animals, they end up becoming mentally deficient and feral/animalistic in nature. This suggests that sentience in humans depends completely on the sentience of those raising it in order for it to develop or not.

Democrats aren't sentient, so it shouldn't be illegal to humanely kill them.

Prove me wrong without using feelings.

>babies & ants aren't sentient

sentient (comparative more sentient, superlative most sentient)

1) Experiencing sensation, thought, or feeling.
2) Able to consciously perceive through the use of sense faculties.

Bunch of retards in this thread who don't know the difference between sentience and sapience.

Is it legal to kill a fully adult retard too?

Should be. They're essentially just animals in a human body. Dolphins are more intelligent than them and people kill still them.