The limits of the 2nd amendment

I think it's a reasonable discussion to have when it relates to the Second amendment.

What is the second amendment? Well, in short, most of us know it as the right to bare arms. The ability to assemble in a milita type fashion and conduct military style training. The ability to own a weapon to defend yourself, your property, or the ones you love. But, there are limits...

For instance, you cannot own an RPG, or fully automatic assault style weapon. There are rules related to weaponry, that clearly effect people's second amendment rights. So who decides what's legal and illegal? Just because some schmuck thinks that an RPG can do more damage than an AR-15, with several 30r. Mags, does that make the RPG illegal? No. Common sense does.

There is no reason an American require an RPG to defend themself or their property. It's complete overkill. Well, shouldn't the same be said for a combat style assault rifle that has an ammo capacity to allow the shooter to keep firing long after the normal time it would require to defend your home?

If you want to own an assault rifle, fine. That's something that you rightwingers are not going to let go of. But, it's a common sense idea to place restrictions on things related to an assault rifle. For example, 30 round magazines. That's overkill.

None of you fucking Mongols can give a rational exploration as to why you would need 30 round magazines, and armor piercing rounds. The only people that benefit from that are psychopaths who want to do harm to innocent people.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j6Ex2rVOUWs&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reddit spacing. lurk moar pls.

Stale pasta, but it always amazes me how people whom struggle to read feel they can make a point against advancements in technology.

And let us not forget that the rise in technology also leads to a rise in lethal weaponry.

This is a picture of a mounted laser cannon on a US destroyer. An actual laser weapon. Something straight out of a science fiction book. But what's going to happen when this powerful technology is allowed to be compressed into the size of a small handgun? For it was not long ago that the original 'Gun' was a giant mounted cannon. Over time, technology allowed the cannon to be transformed into a mini size weapon. A lethal gun that could be shot by a single man, anywhere at any time.

And history has shown us just how much of a negative impact that gunpowder had on our planet...

So when humans are capable of firing lasers, and God knows what in the future. Who is going to say what's a necessary right provided by the constitution, and what is overkill?

Will civilians have the right to any futuristic weapon made, regardless of the consequences? Or will rational thought and reason take over, and people decide that there should be a limit to what the 2nd amendment constitutes.

>assault rifle
Define "assault rifle".

>long after the normal time it would require to defend your home?
How many invaders are we talking about here?

>common sense idea
Opinionated statement based on "common sense". Define common sense.

>None of you fucking Mongols
Woman detected. See pic related.

>The only people that benefit from that are psychopaths who want to do harm to innocent people.
No scientific evidence to support your claim. Discarded.

> How many mass shootings would happen if people had to reload after one shot?

It's also important to note that no one uses a musket as an example to defend our 2nd amendment rights.

In modern times, the 2nd amendment Senate is centered around the modern AR15 assault style rifle. Well this modern rifle would be futuristic to the people of 1776, intact, in sure they would view it as a tool of mass destruction. Especially with the ability to pump out 30 rounds without reloading. Compared to the musket which was reloaded after every shot.
No way could the founding fathers predict the ingenuity of man. No way could they have seen this weapon coming. But we are lucky. We have the ability to see what's coming and we know it will be a tool of mass destruction.

It's up to us to use common sense and prevent people from turning those weapons in to murdering machines.

>proper spacing of thoughts is somehow confined to one website

Go fuck yourself.

A stale pasta that I just created? Or are you referring to the idea of common sense gun laws?

It always amazes me that fags who scream for 2nd amendment rights, never complain about current laws on weapon restrictions. How is that any different than banning 30 round magazines?

Bump

Bump

Yes we can.

i will. thanks.

If someone has an illegal weapon, then I would like more ammunition so i can keep fire on target while not having to reload constantly. Also, you never know if its one guy who wants to take your money or a pack of Jamals who decide your wife and TV look nice

>you cannot own an RPG, or fully automatic assault style weapon.

Wrong.

> Need need need need need

Needs based requirements have no relevance in a free society.

shall not be infringed faggot.

Rump

Allowing teachers to carry is the only way to reliably stop school massacres.

>limits
There shouldn't be any fuckin limits at all, gun control/legislation is unconstitutional

> wrong

No you're fucking wrong you fucking idiot.

> muh free society

You sound like some fuckhead anarchist who is basing his logic off illegal activity because you think you're fucking edgy.

Take your frog meme and shove it up your loose asshole, you cocksuckin malewhore.

The right to own a gun is to provide citizens an equal footing with corrupt governments or to effectively fight an invading army. That's the end of the issue.

You obviously know fuck all about firearms laws in the U.S
I can 100% own a full auto weapons
I can 100% own destructive devices.

>You sound like some fuckhead anarchist who is basing his logic off illegal activity because you think you're fucking edgy. Take your frog meme and shove it up your loose asshole, you cocksuckin malewhore.

Not an argument.

1st clause of amendment 2 states that a well regulated militia is necessary, no law at any level can contradict this. The 2nd clause (separated by a comma) states that the right of the citizen to keep (this implies keeping arms that are not owned by that citizen) and bear (meaning hold the weapon [loaded firearm] out in public) arms shall remain uninfringed. You will notice that this part of the constitution (please don't think of it as 'just an amendment' it is as much a part of the constitution as any other part) grants this right directly to the citizen, bypassing all intermediate levels of government and preventing them from infringing on this right.

I am in full support of this.

But I'm also in support of preventing mass shooters the ability to carry out these attacks.

Making 30 round magazines illegal is a good area to start since there is no logical reason anyone needs them.

>Making 30 round magazines illegal is a good area to start since there is no logical reason anyone needs them.
Wrong, people need them for self defense.

>ad hominem
You resort to insults because you know he's right. In a nation that champions liberty (personal freedoms in particular), what validity does an arbitrary determination of "need" hold in regards to said liberty? The Constitution doesn't proscribe any rules about "protecting public safety" or whatever nonsense you claim is above the supreme law of the country, but on the other hand it directly states that the government is REQUIRED to uphold the personal freedoms/rights of citizens. Therefore, the argument that public safety somehow trumps personal freedom holds no validity.

Columbine happened during the middle of a nation wide assault weapons ban. The shooters used very cheap weapons and most deaths were caused with cheap sawed off hunting shotguns. Magazine capacity doesn't mean jack shit, only response time does.

>columbine
go back to tumblr

Checked

Both 30 round magazines and fully automatic weapons were banned during Columbine. Try doing some research before you start mouthing off, tard.

Notice, this is what the Columbine shooters had months before the shooting.

As you can see, none of the items they are holding are ACTUAL GUNS. It was through a third party, that they had someone acquire the guns.

So, how do we prevent this same kind of thing from happening? Because it's happened multiple times since then aswell.

>The limits of the 2nd amendment

SHALL
H
A
L
L

Then 3 months later, here's Eric with two shotguns, an assault rifle, a pistol, and several homemade explosives. Just a few months earlier he was using plastic pipes and firing bottlerockets out of the front.

This was allowed to happen because our laws made it so.

Look how close he was to arrest...

This leads me to my next point.

Have any of you seen the movie, Minority Report? Where they have the technology to see crime before it happens? How much money and energy should be invested into a similar type of technology?

>inb4 fucking retard

Chaos theory is a real mathematical practice in which they plan for those exact kind of events. I think more should be invested into the ideal of chaos theory.

The "ban" actually had not gone into full effect across the nation.

But that also is besides the point since neither Eric nor Dylan used an AR15 in the Columbine shooting. In fact, they killed most of their victims with shotguns.

The only way is to arm teachers. No other solution will work.
The massacre could have been easily prevented had the police actually filed the warrants to search Eric Harris's house. There was a billion warning signs with him.

NOT
O
T

AN
N

ARGUMENT
R
G
U
M
E
N
T

I still think mossad who did the actual killing. You never really see the faces in the camera. plus the whole taking a plane and crashing it into NYC plan

It's interesting how obsessed foreigners are with American gun laws. You don't get to have a discussion about our country and laws, when you are hiding your foreign flag, faggot.

SHALL NOT BE

They literally let some people go, plus people who survived recognized them. We have their journal entries, their home videos, school assignments, and their clothes on 4/20 match all of those. Plus, there's the suicide photos.

>For instance, you cannot own an RPG, or fully automatic assault style weapon

Actually you can own both. The fully automatic assault rifle with a simple $200 tax stamp and 8-25k in spare change, and you can own an rpg with a simple explosives license.

The only thing that really limits your ability to own these things are finances.

They broke every law designed to prevent shootings.

Short barrel shotguns are illegal to own without an nfa stamp, the high point in 9mm had 10 round mags and was awb compliant and the kel tech was banned. Straw purchases were illegal then as they are now. And by 1999 the awb was in fully enforced.

Your laws do nothing but restrict innocent people from defending themselves against thugs.

>starts off with "we need common sense gun laws to restrict magazine sizes"
>uses 30 as a wild "overkill" number when normal everyday citizens have drum magazines that hold 100 rounds
>this leads me to my next point
>oh this should be good
>Should we have thought crime technology to detect crimes before they happen
wew, you came to the right place for sure

It's incredible how people forgets events that happened today.

I know you're shit posting, but
Bill of rights came in 1791
Girandoni air rifles existed before 1791. They held 20 rounds of ammo that essentially are the equivalent of modern .45acp in terms of diameter, weight and velocity.
Additionally Kalthoff styled rifles existed well before 1700. Arguments that the founding fathers were ignorant to advances of weaponry is bunk.

>why you would need
It's a right, there doesnt have to be a need.

Bump

S H A L L
H
A
L
L

tl:dr.
Die in a fire, faggot

I am american.

It's almost as if normal citizens are affected by laws...

>all of them dot jay peg

N O T
O
T

Way to cry about nothing, faggot.

>What is the second amendment?
McNukes, communist faggot, McNukes.

>5 armed nogs come to your house and break in
>thinking a gun fight is only going to involve 5 rounds

How many of these threads are you going to make OP? And why do you bother if you don't ever learn from them?

Listen faggot that thing is a missile defence weapon. You use lead for people. Get back in your closet and hang yourself in there.

Isn't it amazing that people that know literally nothing about firearms and the 2A have so much to say about them?

i think people should be allowed to own what they want but if i saw a faggot with an rpg in public i would get the fuck out of there

Im glad you chose right flag for your post

>NO YOU CAN'T OWN THAT-tier arbitrary restrictions
>common sense
>also falling for the salt weapon meme
>is a faggot
I'm not even american, but SHALL

"None of you fucking Mongols can give a rational exploration as to why you would need 30 round magazines, and armor piercing rounds"

You posted the answer to your question in your 4th sentence; "The ability to assemble in a milita type fashion and conduct military style training." The military standard issue rifle, is the M-4 ( variant of the M-16) assault rifle- FULLY AUTOMATIC is an assault rifle by definition. Therefore it is only VERY reasonably confirmed by the supreme court that a "Peoples Militia", would at a bare minimum include at least a SEMI-automatic variant of the M-16.

The 2nd amendment is about dipshits deciding for everyone what is "reasonable" or "unreasonable" for self defense. It is about protection from everyone for any purpose a citizen thinks necessary, which means invaders that are foreign or domestic, INCLUDING THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT.

An RPG is overkill? How about the fact you can rent a moving truck that can plow through a crowd of people and kill MORE people than an RPG? How about the fact that with simple chemicals you can poison a water supply that could potentially kill far more than an RPG? And so on.

Murder is murder, no matter how it's done. What we need is a stable society that reduces murder and catches and exacts punishment on those who murder. So while liberal progressive fucktards obsess about what is "reasonable" for firearms we have serious problems that go unresolved- the true problems that lead to violence and murder. ie single motherhood, welfare dependency and low IQ.

Liberals don't understand that there are a lot of people who own fully automatic weapons, explosives, and armored vehicles. None of which have been involved in a crime anywhere.

>fully automatic assault rifle
hold on, so it fires full auto twice as much?

While I agree that there need to be limits and we should have stricter background checks, the founding fathers never actually intended for there to be limits. Just read letter that they have sent. A civilian wanted to own a cannon, and they though it was crazy he even asked. Merchant ships were not only allowed, but expected to be armed with cannons and grenades. The founding fathers primary concern was not self defense, it was having a check against a tyrannical government, and they wouldn't have had any limits today. Anyone who says otherwise, or uses that stupid argument that it's not needed for self defense, does not know what they are talking about and hasn't actually read anything about the founding fathers.

Liberals dont even comprehend how to safely use a fucking gun. youtube.com/watch?v=j6Ex2rVOUWs&t=1s Notice how she almost sweeps the instructor with a loaded shotgun.

SHALL

Dump

Listen. I never did any research on this. I'm not even a real detective.

NOT

Bump

2nd amendment prooves the Wild West never got civilized, nor do Americans have the intention to do so.

>bumping a retatded slide thread that provides no arguments whatsoever
much better to only let criminals have guns, am I right fellow European?

Why shouldn't I have armor piercing ammo? As in actual armor piercing ammo with tungsten carbide cores?
Fuck the ATF and fuck that ap ammo ban. It was only ever meant for handgun ammo but is now used for all rifle ammo.

Btw armor piercing ammo is irrelevant in mass shootings or really any shooting that doesn't involve the army. In fact ap ammo would be less deadly than regular ammo. So why are you against it?

overused

Dumb bullshit

moar dakka iz gud ya git. dakka iz da orkiest ting about da orks 'cept fer stompin.

>b-but muh statistically irrelevant circumstances
follow your tranny friends and hang yourself

spacing after every 1-2 sentence makes you look like a retard

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

"shall not be infringed"

/thread

>None of you fucking Mongols can give a rational exploration as to why you would need 30 round magazines, and armor piercing rounds. The only people that benefit from that are psychopaths who want to do harm to innocent people.
>The only people that benefit from that are psychopaths who want to do harm to innocent people.
So why do we give this weaponry to our government?

It's the Constitution, dumbass, your opinion means shit next to it. Don't like it? Leave

Without the 2nd, there's nothing to defend the Constitution. Fuck, I am more American than you

Fucking roasted

pretty much anyone is more American than a Democrat (or a neocon, for that matter)

you're canadian and your opinions don't matter.

check his ID, that's a burger IP