Sup Forums What is your countries greatest victory and its worst defeat?

Sup Forums What is your countries greatest victory and its worst defeat?

>greatest victory
Our victory over the leftists.

Greatest victory was either Yorktown or Gettysburg.
Worst defeat was The battle of Mogadishu or Kasserine pass.

>Greatest victory: Italian unification
A age full of legit Italian badasses, and completed despite all the power who tried to stop us (Hausburg kratus, Pope, even France in the last years)

>Greatest defeat: Greek campaign in ww2
Not the most umiliating defeat (we managed to lost to fucking Ethiopia 60 years before that) but that campaign doomed us and the Axis invasion of Russia to failure.

>1953 korean war
almost lost by USA, no victor

>vietnam war
lost by USA

>afghan war
lost by USA

>iraq war
lost by USA

>georgian war
USA pussied out and remained passive when their ally was brutally annexed by russia

>ukrainian war
USA pussied out and remained passive when their ally was brutally annexed by russia

>upcomming korean war
they have 10 million soliders and 100 nukes, but we will totally crush them AMERIKKKA FUCK YEAR

am I the only one who is a little concerned that america will actually lose?

Greatest victory was Yorktown

Greatest defeat was Gettysburg.

>Korea
was hardly a loss china blindsided us when they entered the war but where losing ground steadily after the battle of Chosin
>Vietnam
Was a loss but not due tothe USlosing battles the US won nearly every enngagement it fought and broke the NVA's back after Tet
>Afghan war
Ongoing.
>Iraq war
US dismantaled a country in about a month hardly a loss. Also IS has been all but defeated.
>Georgian war
They aren't NATO who gives a fuck?
>Ukrainian war.
Quickly becoming the new Afghanistan for Russia.
>New Korean War.
Ain't gonna happen they are gonna all starve come winter.

>glorifying empty space

you know it's people, and not land, that matters, right? fucking moron. we have a lot of work to do and your self-congratulatory bullshit is getting in the way. die

1945:Japan
1973:Vietnam

>Defeat:
Losing our country.
>Victory:
Getting 87.5% of it back.

Actually it was british-candians who burnt down the white house, not you leaf thats like saying the austrians beat russia in ww1

Greatest victory: Apartheid

Greatest defeat: End of Apartheid

>worst defeat
none, our spirit was never broken

>greatest victory
DEUS VULT (2054-2057)

Surely your greatest defeat was potato my Irish friendo

You're delusional if you think America fights wars to win. Every foreign war was started over a lie.
>WW1 US lied about Lusitania not having ammunition on board
>WW2 US provoked Japan by not selling steel and were well aware of the plans to attack pearl harbor
>Vietnam US lied about North Vietnam attacking their ships
>Iraq US lied about staying out of arab affairs until Kuwaiti ambassador's daughter lied about Iraqis killing babies
>Afghanistan Osama was in Pakistan the whole time and he and the hijackers were Saudi Arabian
>Iraq again US lied about WMDs and had nothing to do with 9/11

Stop sucking the US military's cock. They were never defending America, they're no better than mercenaries defending foreign assets.

>greatest victory
>worst defeat

>greatest victory
WW2

>worst defeat
WW2

You think I give a shit? Welcome to the real world bro what do you think keeps the US going strong? It's all about strategic interests. The only battle that should not have been fought was Vietnam and maybe Iraq. For the US to succeed on the world stage they have to have foreign interests a failure to defend those would ultimately make us weaker.

>Greatest victory
Probably the liberation of Serbia from the Central Powers back in 1918

>Greatest defeat
Battle of Maritsa probably

The US regularly fails to defend by packing up and leaving, and blaming the American citizens for being tired of war yet the military will be happy to go to war in another few years.
>abandoned South Vietnam
>abandoned Iraq
>will probably abandon South Korea
Who gives a fuck about the world stage? You think soldiers fighting overseas improves the lives of the American people? Life is shit, roads are shit, crime is shit.

Greatest victory : Victory of democracy over communism (with the help of russia our first PM killed leader that opposed him which included communism supporters )

Worst defeat : Jews controlling our politics (brahmins)

>greatest victory
Controlling a third of the world

>greatest defeat
>The third world controlling us

>going strong
u wot m8?

come home

We have hardly abandoned Iraq where do you think all the equipment and training they are using is coming from? Also at a certain point they need to step up and fight a real fight for themselves. I will not sugar coat it the US made a lot of mistakes in Iraq which led to the rise of the insurgencey but they have also done well to combat it. Vietnam was a mess and we should not have even gotten involved in the first place. Also crime is fine depending where you are life is fine we have a very low unemployment rate considering we just suffered a very nasty recession as for roads pay your taxes or bitch to your town hall.

Your problem is you made them citizens.

>Greatest Victory
Liberation of western Karelia and part of eastern Karelia

>Greatest defeat
1944 defensive battles

>Greatest Victory
Largest Empire ever.

>Greatest Defeat
Losing it and being taken over by our past subjects slowly.

>Greatest victory
All of them

>worst defeat
Non existent

So basically, you're a neocon faggot.

More like a realist.

>worst defeat
6 million.

FTFY

No, draining blood and treasure while destroying the nation's standard of living isn't realist, faggot.

>victory
234 AC Battle of Rome
>defeat
2017 AC, battle for refugees

Actually, by creating the Israeli state and made the sons and daughters of the original Nazis bend the knee and ask for forgiveness, we already won :^)

wtf how did you loose?

Greatest victory? The Battle of Lake Erie, where the bongs were basically driven out of the Americas as a significant power, and had to turn to Asia to practice their pastime, where they were eventually slaughtered and taken into captivity in Singapore. But one small naval engagement was the root of their downfall. Der krieg was veloren, they just didn't know it.

Greatest defeat? These past 25 years post-Cold War have been the greatest defeat for the US.

it's 600 septillion you anti-semite!

Victory: Convincing the Americans that we are worth protecting
Defeat: Bill C-16

Better us than them the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

>but one small naval engagement was the root of their downfall
Please read up on the British Empire, your ignorance is embarrassing

You neocon faggots have made us weaker, faggot.

Says the historically illiterate bong, and I've likely read a whole lot more of that history than you, faggot.

We didn't get any. Poland can not into enrichment...

The fallout would end up wiping most everyone out anyway.

How so? When was the last time there was a foreign based attack on US soil? When was the last time the US mainland has been physically threatened. You can still walk down the street and stuff your face with as much food as you want. You have clean water and plumbing and a fire and police service who will answer your calls. You can goto bed at night knowing you won't wake up to an artillery shell going off next to you.

Remind me when the British Empire was at it's most powerful then burger.

I'd like to nominate the Battle of Franklin as being more significant than Gettysburg, although Yorktown was probably the most important in U.S. history.
You probably have it right with Kasserine Pass, though being a Montanafag, I'd like to peep out "Remember Little Big Horn!" just to make myself feel better.

I think little big horn was more of a skirmish though wasn't it. We got humiliated but ultimately it did little in the long run. Also I thought about saying Peleliu or the Ardennes Counteroffensive.

What about the Falklands?

The falklands was one sided as fuck hardly a victory anyone can beat a bunch of fucking Argies.

Greatest victory: TRUDEAMANIA 2016

Worst defeat: A decade of Hit- I mean Harper

And you can still be a neocon faggot, sending our blood and treasure into foreign wars that make us weaker as a country.

Faggot.

Greatest victory was the revolution. Biggest defeat was the civil war. It all went downhill after that.

If you have to be reminded of British history, perhaps you shouldn't be attempting to discuss it, bong.

The fact that slaughter is a horrifying spectacle must make us take war more serisouly, but not provide an excuse for gradually blunting out swords in the name of humanity. Sooner or later someone will come along with a sharp sword and hack off our arms.

Afraid because it'll contradict what you said about the "decline" of the British Empire? Understandable.

>Mogadishu is one of our greatest defeats

You guys rampaged over 1000+ for a loss of 16?

Pearl harbour was your greatest defeat.

Fuck off, neocon faggot.

Do you have anything to say, or are you just a whining bong?

You and that neocon faggot need to get a room, bong.

Mogadishu was a loss becasue by pulling out we showed the Middle East we could be beaten by a small loss. The US pulling out empowered the entire region to stand up the US should have come down twice as hard on them.

I like yah man I disagree with your views but I support your right to express them.

>greatest victory
Helping to mistakenly liberate Europe
>its worst defeat?
Not sticking to our no jew immigration policy after WW2 then 3d worlders in ~1965

Defeat - The Great Emu War :(

Victory - Kakoda

damn, i got to get one of those pistols!

V - AH WOO AH WOO AH WOO and all the times we held asian invasions in the past

L - Constantinople i guess

1911 is a pretty gud gun desu.

Narva is our greatest victory

Poltava is our greatest defeat

What about the Vasa?

America--The Civil War~~The fact that we actually healed after that is pretty amazing when you think about it.

The pacific/saltpeter war
no defeats.

Winning war of 1812
Electing Trudeau

After they sunk the Spanish Armada. That was the British peak, you have been in decline ever since. To think otherwise is fucking deluded, m8

You didn't exist lol how bout vimey ridge?

Kasserine pass was a learning opportunity, and not that bad. Chosin Reservoir was bad though

The North and china got chewed up real good though it was Pyrrhic victory at best for them.

>Greatest victory
Battle of Cartagena de Indias. Someday we'll get our shit together and there'll be a movie of this one.
>Worst defeat
You faggots are probably expecting the Armada Invencible, but that's nothing compared to the Battle of Santiago de Cuba in 1898. This was the battle that finally killed an Empire that lasted almost 500 years. We came back from the Armada Invencible, there was no coming back from that one. We lost Cuba, we lost the New World. The despair in Spain was such that it spawned riots and destroyed the image of the monarchy for decades to come.

Greatest defeat is pic related. The only slim consolation is that it isn't nearly as famous as a lot of WW2 campaigns.

I still think General Percival should have been court marshalled and shot at the end of the war. He surrendered 80,000 British and Commonwealth soldiers in the full knowledge that most of them wouldn't survive Japanese captivity, and gave up a city filled with civilians who would suffer terribly at the hands of the Japanese. Not to mention the fact that it was the linchpin for all of the British Empire's defences in East Asia, and its loss fatally undermined the Empire's credibility with its Asian subjects. And the worst part is that he had overestimated the strength of the Japanese forces, which were severely overstretched, and had he counterattacked instead of surrendered he probably could have driven them back.

And he did it after expressly being ordered not to by Churchill. Couldn't be a clearer case for a court martial, but instead he sits out the war in comfy General-tier captivity, then was allowed a quiet retirement.

Greatest victory - well, there are actually a lot to choose from, but Crecy is a good one.

Nah man there was at least a defense the pacific got fucked by the Japanese. You had Singapore but the phillipines and wake both got fucked just as hard.

For the Brits I would say Trafalgor.

The Civil War

>defeat
>win

In some respects the defeat in Malaysia wasn't Percival's fault, given that much of the materiel needed to defend the peninsular had been stripped for the war in Europe.

However, it's precisely because the Japanese were concentrating on their campaigns against America's pacific outposts that Percival had a chance to stop them at Singapore, which was heavily fortified. The Japanese were better equipped that the British forces, but their supply lines were badly overstretched. Given what we know from Japanese records collected after the war, had Percival defended more vigorously and counterattacked instead of surrendering, the Japanese army was so low on ammunition by that point that they probably would have been forced back.

That would have been my second choice

>Greatest Victory
Too many to name

>Greatest defeat
Battle of Isandlwana probably

I think you are forgetting how bad the pacific was though the fact that Percival was able to do anything at all was impressive. By that time you where heavily invested in the European theatre. The Japs jumped everyone and got a fee good hits in till midway.

The British nation didn't even exist at the time of the Spanish Armada.

>US lost to _____

umm sweetie try again honey bun

I would say the Somme was the worst. Just for numbers lost in a single day.

>US lost to _____
Vietnamese farmers

>Greatest victory
6 day war. Kicked the shit out of 5 countries in 6 days without any help
>Worst defeat
None :D If we had a defeat we wouldnt be here.

No lost to leftists caterwauling and a president who fought a war by polling data and under cut our generals. Yeah and Vietnamese farmers had all those AK47s just laying around the rice patties, it's not like they weren't given support by China and the Soviets or anything.

yeah, but he outnumbered the Japanese 2:1 and had a highly defensible position, and his enemy was running low on critical supplies. I don't blame him for being forced out of Malaysia, but he really should have been able to hold Singapore.

yet americans take credit for things that happened 60 years before that
i can literally trace my lineage to fighting in the war of 1812, i don't care if canada was called a different name those people were still canadians, and canadians are still british.

pacific war

this. a million times over.

>USA lost wars because I said so.
You wish, libtard.