Why are malls in the USA and Canada dying?

Why are malls in the USA and Canada dying?

They are literally on life support...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_hZ-yheEZAs
youtube.com/watch?v=jUb2MQKsKk0
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>niggers
>online shopping

Niggers

Wow.
Very concise.

Amazon

How much do they cost? They would make a better Sup Forumsony than Chile.

SHART

how many threads are you going to make on this

also the jews

>Has discussion with peers online
>Instead of in the mall

Silly boy

online shopping

>be me
>grew up in small Midwestern town
>go to the mall all the time whenever mom or dad needed new shit
>once they were done shopping for what they wanted, we went to the toy store
>sometimes we would go to the movies
>after that mom would let me go to the arcade
>go on some of the rides
>get some tasty pizza or tendies
>every Christmas time we would go and see santa at the mall
>there was even a Christmas cho cho train
>hang out there with my friends or gf every Friday after school
>we would go to the movies, arcade or bought some new shit we wanted
>got my first job there at the movie theater at the concessions stand

>go back 12 years later
>90% of the stores are gone, the rest are faggot hipster stores
>niggers everywhere
>literally almost empty
>arcade, restaurants and movies were gone
just fuck my shit up senpai

Stop making this thread
>again
and again
>and again
and again

The ones that are still alive are basically shitskin daycare centers.

Although I overlooked niggers. Malls still work in the rest of the world if the retail offering is right so may e it's 50/50 nigs/net.

> malls are dead
> hasn't been to mall, ever

Malls are thriving at this point in time.

ok

Malls belong to an era that is fading quickly, they won't come back. I wouldn't even say they were a good thing, but amazon monopoly sure as fuck isn't better.

Last time I went to a mall a group of nogs were pushing clothes racks over in a JCPenney. Probably because of that and Amazon.

where the fuvck do you live with a thriving mall desu
my malls suck i live in Sioux falls

t. nigger

washingtonpost told me amazon wasn't the big thing killing malls though.

that goes without saying

I don't know about anywhere else but a large company of sorts owns our local mall as well as a ton of other ones and they don't give half a shit if they fail or not

>overcharge for space like crazy
>especially when the utter lack of maintenance is taken into account (roofs leak all over the building)
>give special treatment to 2 or 3 stores without ever offering deals to the rest

our mall could have survived under the right ownership but it's been a solid 20 years of this shit now

4 of the 5 malls in my area have been converted to strip malls or retirement homes...the only one still open is surviving because it's right off the highway

nigs

people harass you for commission

poor selection

people are assholes

>online shopping
>big box stores (this is a big one)
>architectural obsolescence
I think part of it is that americans have literally become so obese and lazy that walking around the mall has become too tiresome. You have to remember that malls themselves are a big departure from the ideal of an actual urban city where people walk downtown to shop. But even this isn't convenient enough. People want to order from their couch or at the very least just park their car right near the walmart door.

>you will never see santa at the mall ever again

They are not literally on life support

If they were literally on life support they would literally be on a life support system in a hospital bed.

They are figuratively on life support

malls sucked and I'm glad they're dying. I also hate Amazon and big box stores, but Malls are a big symbol of the kind of suburban sprawl that killed our cities and handed them over to niggers. I wish I could go back in time and fucking beat the shit out of those pussies who decided to abandon our architectural heritage for some ugly ass plywood boxes in the suburbs.

>Man I wish I could buy a size of 12.5 shoes without having to leave my house
>www.amazon.com
>Oh look at that, a better selection than my local mall without any of the hassal of having to find both
>A. The store I want
>B. The product I want

literally == figuratively now user. read Webster's sometime retard.

Go rid pidgin BBC

>tfw also midwesterner
>tfw great mall is not great anymore
>tfw they put the dmv in the mall and it's the only populated place in the entire building

i hate malls because of too many faggot 18yos with dumb ass hair cuts and no respect for anyone or anything

not wading through that shit to spend my money

Malls are shit

Malls aren't dead, the one near me is always busy.

Also, dead malls are fucking A E S T H E T I C and awesome to tool around in.

youtube.com/watch?v=_hZ-yheEZAs

This same exact thread yesterday..
Did you not get your answer???
>niggers

But seriously, it's mostly because the prevalence of Amazon and other online shopping options.
Who would want to go out to a shitty mall when you can buy shit without leaving the house?

>Why are malls dying?
Amazon

The shopping mall is a relic of a bygone era. I grew up in that era, so do I feel some sadness to see them dying out. However, online shopping is simply a far superior experience.

its just a leftist meme, dont believe it

this dude perfectly hit many niches all in one video

Don't we still need brick and mortar stores for clothes shopping?

because why would i drive halfway across town to buy an outdated videocard when i can order something better online and have it delivered to my door for less

Canada doesn't have a nigger problem in malls but they are still dying out.

The other thing to consider is that Malls were essentially a shift of public space into the private domain. People used to walk about the streets like they did in a mall going from shop to shop in very close quarters. Cars played a big role in the evolution of the street from something that was pedestrian focused to vehicle focused. Distances of travel became longer, and so more people needed cars, which then allowed greater distances to be traveled. A vicious cycle that has decimated the public spaces.

The death of the mall may mean that public spaces, whether publicly or privately owned, are no longer necessary. Most stores seem to be following the big box model, and position themselves near major highways. They don't aggregate in a single spot anymore.

Is new market still white?

It used to be all white, mostly good-looking dutch people (from old Farm families)

No it's not go to your local mall and tell me how well it's doing.

It's still fairly white. If you hang around the dog patch there's lots of browns, but the richer areas are like 99% white with a smattering of asians.

What is being slid, pray tell.

Bergen county nj

Watch the DEAD MALLS series on Dan Bells youtube channel. Very very comfy

My man!
I've watched the Pittsburgh mall episode a few hours ago tonight, gonna watch some more now.

Probably just a nigger who are responsible for the destruction of the mall

Niggers fucking destroy everything they touch

see

women

Because niggers, you fucking idiot.
Hang Wasserman Shultz for treason.

I don't know where this meme comes from. The malls here in Windsor are always busy.

Weirdest thing, Baybrook mall just got a Think Geek store before the hurricane. A gamestop online thing into a real store.

Per NBR, brick-and-mortar retail is has been in decline because of less options than online retailers and less of an "experience" factor than more upscale retailers.

>better product selection, lower price, and supreme conveniences.
Gee, couldn't have shit to do with poor marketing on the mall's end.

Soon as there's too many niggers, white people close their shops and leave. When the shops start closing the niggers have nothing to steal so they leave too.

Don't forget those faggot goth hot topic stores.

fpbp

They went from social outcast goths/emos to "we are social outcasts" while getting all popculture shit everyone else is shit.

Stagnating wages, skyrocketing healthcare costs, skyrocketing housing costs, skyrocketing food costs, depletion of currency value.

where i grew up back in like 2000 they enacted an ordinance where more than 3 people in a group was considered a "gang" and had to disperse or be arrested then they made smoking on the property including the parking lot prohibited then they removed the outdoor seating and then hired extra paul blarts to chase off anyone standing outside for any reason then forcefully chased off low to middle tier shops and arcades (it wasnt lack of popularity) and replaced them with super high end shops for 40 year old rich bitches and teen girls. Shockingly it crippled them to the point where it wasnt worth going there and they had to try to make up for lost money by leasing space in the parking lot for RV/car and boat sales for old cancer ridden jewish retirees.

Basically it was millennials fault or something.

>Why are malls in the USA and Canada dying?
Because all malls sell are;
Women's clothes.
Women's shoes.
Cellphones.

I'm still wearing the same shoes I bought when I joined the military in 2006 for PT today. So I can't see a lot of turn over for shoes. The last clothes I bough was 4 years ago when I got some new jeans and a bunch of t-shirts.
My cell phone is from 2011.

Maybe if malls sold stuff that I bought more than once a decade they might have a business model.

They can't compete with online stores

Went to the source the other just to see and saw some DVI-D adaptor for 50$ and some HDMI cables for 75$ while i could get both of those for less than 5$ online.

bc fat americans prefer food courts instead of malls

Why go to the mall when I can shop in the comfort of my home and don't have to deal with the mall niggers

Niggers killed 2 of my favorite childhood malls. They're like the fucking plague.

I don't know if I was too young to remember, but holy CRAP there are so many minorities. Oh my FUCK.
I was so amazed. I went to the food court and EVERYONE was black or a muslim. What the hell? I don't remember this as a kid. The only time I saw white people were the cops and white single moms with their mulatto children. I'm not making this up.

Fuck it was Sup Forums's nightmare basically. All the stores are just shitty "print a funny meme on your shirt" stores or indians selling iphone cases. They don't even do Santa there anymore.

I only go to the upscale malls for christmas stuff. Why would I go to a quadroon, white trash, and nigger infested mall? When I can order shit online and wait for it to come in a couple of days?

Dude, I thought I was the only one who noticed that everyone in the malls are niggers or a white trash bitch with nigger kids.

Turn malls into live action shooting galleries. Use prison niggers as targets. I'd pay $50 to shoot a couple niggers in climate controlled comfort. Then head over to Chilis for some chips & queso

No it is not, if you travel to the upper canada mall a solid 50% of the people there are of asian origin. The mall is still busy on weekends but weekdays it's typically empty. Since sears has gone broke i feel that the mall will begin to decline, the bay might be leaving soon as well.

It's insane what I saw. I always try to tell myself that everything I see on the internet is just an exaggeration and that it's not really like that in the real world. Next thing you know I take a trip to Walmart and I see transgender mexicans who are obese and on a scooter (I actually saw this).

>Canada doesn't have a nigger problem in malls but they are still dying out.
Speak for yourself cuck. Edmonton malls are full of Lebanese and Somali trash.

jewish businesses are now unsustainable and are being forced to downsize or close.

We have lots of changz but i have began to notice a growing number of niggers and arabs.

went in one today for some food.

I've never felt so alienated in my life

They're only dead in poor and lower middle class neighborhoods. Understandable, given the state of the economy. People no longer have as much disposable income. Then there's online shopping to factor in.

Oh, but it's Sup Forums so the answer of choice is niggers.

People dont want to be around theifs and short fused animals.

youtube.com/watch?v=jUb2MQKsKk0

They wanted to get away from drumpf

Edmonton has too many chuggs to worry about lebanese and somalis

Please build a Northern wall and charge us for it. It will save us money in the long run from Somalishit """refugees""" from fucking MINNESOTA.

Natives are outnumbered by Arabs and Africans at least 10 to 1. Fight me. I'd be glad to see passed out chugs outside the bus station or the mall rather gutter trash from third world holes INSIDE the mall.

huge levels of mismanagement and greed.

>nuh-uh, surely MALLS will always be in demand!
>Malls are the best place to sell things, let's make mall space rent a gorillion dollars going up each year!
>Online shopping will never take over stores
>oh, vey, numbers are falling, get more buses and bus in people!
>literally bus in niggercrime
>it's not working!!!

Customer: "Gee, online shopping is so great! I can buy a wider range of products than even what the mall offers, and I don't get mugged by minorities while they shoot each other over drug turf."
Shopkeep: "Gee, online shopping is so great! My products reach a wider range of customers than what the mall offered, and I don't get robbed and extorted by minorities while they shoot each other over turf."

better questions: why are kikes constantly making shitty slide threads like this?

This gets asked and answered all the time.
But once again, people realized just how much they get fucked whenevery they buy something from a store.
The markup (((retailers))) have on everything is insane.

Don't bully mall threads, i like them

After the mall closed, sometimes me and my friends would walk around walmart to fill the void.

>arcade.. were gone
Gee its almost like people grew tired of playing the same games they literally owned on the n64 and got bored of playing almost 2 decades ago.
Arcades bought these retarded non upgradable machines and then expect people in 2017 to still want to PAY to play half a round of cruisin usa.

You have a better scene in front of you, go to emuparadise and get whatever the fuck you wanted to play. If you insist on paying for every round you play send me an email and we can work something out.

>keep raising unit rent
>smaller businesses leave, can't afford it
>anchor stores stay
>small ones left so less money coming in
>raise rent more because of so

but muh ddr and time crisis

Because im dead inside. I have money and i dont even want to spend it.

t. native high on gas fumes

Consumerism can't go on indefinitely.