Are trades a meme?

Are trades a meme? Ive heard people say that if you go into trade "you're settling" is that accurate?

Trades can make better money than most office monkey jobs. It's just snobby credentialism telling you that.

I mean, you are settling for a pay of 50-60k depending on your trade and if you're gud

then again, 50-60k aint that bad

Do what suits you.

>inb4 senior software dev
Gonna start my own consulting company soon so I'm not making my boss seven figures.

No, it means you're a normal low-middle class man.

I've been thinking about electrician or HVAC because I can't inna math
well, you make 50-60k a year and no student debt, that seems pretty good. plus your skill is marketable in any US state or country for that matter

Electrician is a noble job, and the entirety of what I do wouldn't be achievable without it.
Go to a trade school and try some courses out, and apply for internships. You don't know what you love until you try it.

Are we talking paper trading?

Don't die bro.

is trade school a requirement? how much does it cost?

Not a requirement, but it's an excellent way to get educated on a job, and get setup with a career once you get out. It's infinitely better than college, believe me. Trade schools actually have value, because they often have programs that let you shadow professionals, set you up with internships, and more. I think the avg. is a two-year program.
Don't know about the cost, though, it depends on region. You'll have to look around where you live/want to be.

Depends on where you live. Check out cost of living calculators to and expected salary.

so by going to trade school you could in theory become a journeyman in two years instead of four via apprenticeship, or is that wrong?

so I'm not making my boss seven figures.

>mfw I make my boss $300k this quarter alone.

Typical plumber makes 10x pay of typical Salon writer.

I would look into a trade that revolves around sustainable energies.

what would that be?

Without doing any research, off the top of my head, wind turbines. Work in a trade that maintains/troubleshootes them.

It honestly depends on your aptitude and if you can be honest with yourself with respect to your actual potential in life.

im a college fag who just started, have an undeclared major, and don't have any idea of where I'm going in life.
I don't want to rack up 100k, Im at a loss

It is settling, but its realistic settling and you will be a in a better position then the average retard nutty millenial who thinks they are going to strike it rich with liberal arts degress. You'll always be painfully middle class though, and your body may end up fucked. Physical labour gets very old very quickly. Basically it goes like this

STEM>Trades>Liberal Arts>Homelessness

I just finished a STEM degree but since I have no experience and can't find a job to save my life I am currently working somewhat of a trade installing kitches, building rooms in peoples businesses/ houses shit like that. It has potential to pay well after you have been on the job a few years and can private contract once you have the know how but is demanding as fuck on your body and can be dangerous. You also look like a scrub when working and people and females will look down on you even though you make more than most nu males sitting in a cubicle that wear a dress shirt and tie to the office.

This.
Trades can be a meme. College can be a meme too.