What should be done about this heroin epidemic?

My ex gf died of a heroin overdose two years ago but I just found out about it. I'm not on social media so I had to hear it from a highschool buddy. I used to think that drug addicts were digging their own grave and only had themselves to blame. It just dawned on me that anyone could have made the mistake of trying that shit and gotten hooked. Can we all at least agree that we should be able to get proper treatment for these people?

I feel like a hypocrite dick and can't sleep. Imagine if it was someone you loved, your attitude would change too.

Other urls found in this thread:

davidduke.com/profit-from-pain-whos-behind-americas-opiate-epidemic/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2704134/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Legalize, regulate ALL drugs. End the drug war NOW!

Anything akin to escapism is a symptom of a failing society. Symptoms shouldn't be tackled individually, the root cause should. Interview the afflicted and find a common denominator, then try to fix that and the symptoms will go away. Easy in theory, but likely to be impossible in practice because of the human condition.

The answer is nothing.

Agreed, almost a never ending problem.

I don't have such sympathy. I watched my sister destroy herself and anyone who came near her. She isn't dead but practically has the mind of an insect. Heroin addicts are the most selfish remorseless people on the planet and they will take you down without a second thought to feed themselves. Supporting them and attempts to help are only means of enablement. Forced detoxification should be a mandatory treatment.

It will sort itself out without any outside help.

The cause of the current opioid addiction epidemic in the US is the excessive prescription of oxycodone, a painkiller that was deemed as extremely low risk regarding the possibility of addiction but it wasn't so, and hundreds of thousands probably got hooked to opioids this way.

The idea was that it should only be used for cancer patients and other kinds of very severely ill people, but medics began prescribing it as if it was goddamn candies and all these people got addicted to it. Eventually the FDA banned or restricted it and many of these people had to recur to the black market and its heroin, and other similar drugs to get their dose.

Basically what happened is BigPharma increased the number of customers for their black market counterparts, which whom they probably have many ties anyways. Remember when in 2016 there was a fuckton of deaths of famous people? Musicians, actors, etc? Most of these deaths were related to that.

Yes, you can probably blame the jooze for that if you want.

Duterte's solution

End the drug war, problem will sort itself out.

legalize it to have higher quality heroin and tax the shit out of it to finance treatments

>I used to think that drug addicts were digging their own grave and only had themselves to blame.
you are right in thinking this

Doesn't the US have methadone programs?
Also, I don't know about the US but in here everybody knows how addictive and dangerous heroin can be. You don't just accidentally try that stuff.

I never denied that junkies are pieces of shit. Many of them were initially good people but the junk made them slaves to addiction.

End the war on users.

Target the importers with some duerte treatment.

Wrap up Afghanistan, let the taliban ban opium production like they did in 1999.

Stop the chinese distributing meth to everywhere.

nothing. The problem is already taking care of itself. Heroin is like the wolf, removing the weakest humans from the herd/genepool.

Get back at me when American junkies stark cooking krokodil.

this god please

I don't even like to take Ibuprofen.

you've gotta have some serious issues if you even consider injecting heroin.

Some people start out sniffing it.

STOP hitting your children

Methadone is even worse.

Takes months to come off it. Had to see someone I love go through this while living with them. 3 months before she looked well again.

Heroin withdrawals are over in a few days.

Are oxys still popular among highschool kids or was that just a wave? Most people i knew who fucked with pills eventually went to heroin because their tolerance built up they couldn't afford to get high on pills any more. That was like 10 years ago.

Now they got that fentanyl shit to deal with. I can't understand what mindset a person has to risk their life each and every high. Never know which one is going to be the one that finally kills you

The thing is, that pharmaceutical companies and the doctors with whom they lay in bed just handed out opiate-based painkillers like candy in the States. Most people don't start with heroin like people in Switzerland, but because their doctors get them hooked on opiates and then leave them to search for cheaper alternatives once their patients can't afford their treatment anymore or leave them addicted after treatment has ended.

It's a rich kid thing.

I don't need to imagine desu my ex also died from OD and my cousin and nephew

>It just dawned on me that anyone could have made the mistake of trying that shit and gotten hooked.
No.

put them in forced labor work camps like china. publicly execute anyone caught smuggling drugs into the work camp.

Drug use shouldn't be illegal. It is a medical issue not a criminal. Drug dealing and trafficking should be illegal though.

Not send 4k soldiers to defend the poppy fields in afghanistan

INVADE AFGHANISTAN AND BLOW UP THE RESERVOIRS AND HYDRO ELECTRIC DAMS

oxycottin non addictive
Another example of why people with college degrees are fucking stupid automatons with no real intellegence at all, they get a piece of paper and think they know every fucking thing, fuck this

Nothing, natural selection.

#1 lace all heroin with carfentanyl
#2 let them die
i am an ex user and they are fucking scum

Open the markets and sell people better drugs.

Bretty gud population control, you can be a "functional" opiate junkie, some people there's just no saving

Legalize all drugs. Tax them, and use the tax money to educate kids at school about the harmful effects.

Then let people pick for themselves if they want to do it, leave the people who OD alone, don't give them any help unless they ask for it, the ones destined to ruin their own lives will do so in short order and will serve as warning to everyone else.

It's basically a self-solving problem

Hedonistic liberal hippie culture is to blame for putting these kids on the wrong path in the first place. I think back to my druggie years and wonder what exactly convinced so many young people my age to simply throw their futures away. No planning for the future, no college, no families, just drugs and sex and music festivals until the end of time.

Stop reviving them, it'll burn itself out in a week

If you're that weak minded you don't deserve better.

I have little doubt that were we all born 30-40 years earlier, most of my friends from high school and college years would still be alive.

>tfw 27 and been to more funerals than weddings for young people
>tfw i realized it was a feature, not a bug
>tfw white genocide is real

1. put cyanide in heroin
2. ???
3. end the opioid crisis

Decriminalize if not legalize.
Allow addicts a safe source of junk.

It was oxycontin (the time release form of oxycodone.

At one point they were making 160mg oxycodone oxycontins; that is 32 pills worth of the original percocet (5mg)

Absolutely nothing. Once all the degenerate AIDS-riddled faggots die out from their own dumbass pursuit of instant gratification or end up in prison, they'll be out of the way so we can create a brighter future.

>anyone could have made the mistake of trying and getting hooked

Woops i accidentally shot a needle into my arm
whoops i accidentally bought a second needle
Whoops i accidentally shot myself for the 3 time
whoopees i accidentally od'ed

kys op, your girlfriend was a dumb bitch junkie
it takes half a brain cell, and 5 min of google to see that heroin is probably the dumbest shit you can do

legalize soft drugs, rehabilitation for hard drug addicts. Proper education on school level also seems to work over here,

What if some future doctors and engineers grabbed her off the streets and shot her up to relax her for the free surprise train ride they gave her?

Start selling krokodil to addicts instead of heroin. It will kill them off faster.

You're being intentionally hyperbolic. Opiate junkies usually start on pills, then crush and snort, then smoke, then shoot up once they're hopelessly addicted. I have seen it plenty and have mostly avoided opiates for 26 years of drug taking.

FPBP

>Proper education on school level also seems to work

Except that it doesn't.

t. randstedeling

What SHOULD be done is the state start killing these fuckers. It's a "drug war" and last I checked in a war you give your enemies bullets not lawyers.

Or fentanyl.

Daily reminder that Jews are behind the American opiate epidemic

davidduke.com/profit-from-pain-whos-behind-americas-opiate-epidemic/

This. I know it's an unpalatable solution to many, but it's the only sort of thing that is actually going to work.

my cousin was using heroin. his mother quit her job and was with him 24/7 for 2 years. he is clean now. family support is the only thing that can help.

Legalize it and tax it 80%.

It will just drive the drug market further underground, making more money for dealers as they hike the prices, and more illegal actions from druggies stealing more money to try and keep up with the inflated prices.

heroin epidemic? is the 80s again?

I see cocaine everywhere here. Even at my office.
Stay strong brothers, dont use that shit.

Make Narcan illegal
Let the junkie fucks die.

white people deserve it. enjoy your drugs small dick white boys :)

my blonde gf is blowing me while i shit post on pol. u mad?

Not to be edgy or offensive, but fuck her and fuck 'em. Self culling and Darwinian law at it's utmost perfection.

Spaniards are white now here on Sup Forums?
yay

That is correct .as a former user i can say that without family support and therapy i would have never gotten clean.

Treat opium withdrawal with Kratom
Make America great again

>what is ibogaine

When you get to that point you just don't care anymore. Part of you actually hopes it does kill you.

Gas the kikes at Perdue pharma and any Oxycontin manufacturer. Blow up the CIA. Let the junkies die.

>someone wants to quit opiates
>they put them on methadone for months
What the fuck is the logic here
Opiate tolerance BUILDS over time, giving them LESS methadone is just going to put them in withdrawals and make them go back to heroin

This.
Shit saved my life.

>they put them on methadone for months

More like years if not decades.

I seen some shit vice docu about the small town america's heroin epidemic.

Sounded like big pharma is largely to blame for this recent massive rise in addicts. Pushing their pills saying it ain't addicting...

A mixture of trauma based intervention, utilizing CBT

I love drug addicted whores, always have. They are the easiest dates to manipulate and to get them to do the most perverted, twisted acts.

Lick my sweaty asshole, crawl around on the floor and bark like a dog (even as she is crying while doing it) open you mouth and let me jerk off into it.

good good. take those pills white boy.

THIS. FINAL SOLUTION.

26yrs you say? Ever consider you may be part of the reason she killed herself? Wouldn't you be happier together?

We should do what the dutch did to combat it. We should do exactly that.

Im from Vancouver and i say KILL EM ALL

FUCK OFF. If I wanted treatment I'd ask for it. You've no right to infringe upon my existence. It's my life, not yours. Stop virtue signalling. Just because your life is empty doesn't give you just cause to be some sort "moral hero" to fill that vacuum. Neck yourself if you have so little to live for.

Junkies are subhuman and id have them all OD.
Zero funding should go into "safe shooting" buildings.
Anyone who really wants to get cleaned up should have the resources to do so. But i say let anyone ODing just die. Fucking degenerates need to stop

>What should be done about this heroin epidemic?
What SHOULD be done? End the drug war, get people to switch over to stims.
What WILL be done? Double down on the drug war, because lots of powerful people get rich from it.

Welcome to hell!

No one gives a shit if you kill yourself you fucking autist. The problem is, the majority of heroin users resort to crime to facilitate their habit. When it starts effecting others, that's when it becomes a problem. It's hard to hold down a job when you're a useless junkie leech.

>t. heroin junkie
You're literally the lowest form of life and you deserve to die, and you will eventually kill yourself so who cares?

Just letting you know that you don't matter, never did, and the world will be a better place once you OD.

That's all, user.

>It's hard to hold down a job when you're a useless junkie leech.
Only because drug testing is mandated in most jobs.

Think about it, if you have to test someone to find out if he uses drugs, his drug use isn't actually hurting you. After all, it stands to reason that if someone's drug use is a problem, it will make itself obvious in behaviors, no need for testing.

Being so low you have to bully junkies on pol
Wew lad

And it's just bait

Drug testing should be mandatory for jobs. There are MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of clean people who can do the same exact job with less liability. I wouldn't want my surgeon to be a coke head, or my local constable to be a pill popper, when I could have someone who isn't one of those. Besides, I've never been drug tested outside of an initial hire screen, and they couldn't have any possible way to tell your degenerate behavior from a 15 minute interview unless you were actually at Rock bottom.

Nothing, it's a good thing that whites kill themselves with heroin. Fucking weak shits.

Kill them all

So you complain about junkies not having jobs, then at the same time, you want to make is so junkies can't hold jobs.

You're what we call, a fucktard.
Glad I'm self-employed. I don't have to deal with any of it.

put little corks on all the needles.

>Can we all at least agree that we should be able to get proper treatment for these people?

Only if the afflicted / their families shoulder the entire burden. There is zero reason for me to to have to pay for your rehab / other shitty decisions. You make the choice, you own the consequences.

I regularly deal with junkies at work. It's a chicken and egg riddle; are their brains broken because they're a junkie, or are they a junkie because their brain's broken? The current lit says that it's the latter. Meaning even if you get them clean from heroin, they'll resume or replace it with something else at the earliest opportunity.

Oh and PS: Your surgeon is likely popping vicodin and your constable is likely an alcoholic.

My complaint isn't that they don't have jobs, it's that they allow themselves to be so dependent on a substance, they can't hold jobs.

Pay attention stupid, you're so far behind the class you're tripping behind the short bus.

>likely
Gee those are some solid anecdotal statistics you provided to jump to the conclusion of "likely".

>effecting
>effecting
>effecting

I have worked with addicts. They ALL take heroin even when they get free methadone "as a treat". Even if they get clean, they will take heroin if offered. Chinese have the only answer, no-one goes back on heroin afterwards. Before you call me a cunt, I've lost an ex-gf to heroin as well, last time I seen her alive she was so out of her tits she didn't even know who I was, and tried to bum cigarettes off me.
You can't really cure them, user. Sad. Many such cases!

>Gee those are some solid anecdotal statistics you provided to jump to the conclusion of "likely
I don't know, one of my best friends growing up is a doctor and he's full of great stories about doctors who are shooting up at work and stealing all kinds of pills. It shouldn't come as a surprise, as a profession they have high rates of drug/alcohol abuse and addiction.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2704134/

This is the CIA under Obama.
50 Tons of Arms went to Central America cartels, then cocaine derivatives went down.
Fast and Furious ops, that was phase one, phase two, push drugs on poor Conservative neighborhoods.
This was done in the 60s to the Black communities and Obama did it to poor whites.
Learn about history and you will see how it repeat itself.