Why do millennials spend so much time on social media?

Why do millennials spend so much time on social media?

Daddy issues.

Also, people want validation because they're still trying to get laid.

Jewish agenda

This. There are chemicals released on your brain everytime you check on social media. Or everytime you press F5 on Sup Forums to see if you got new (you)s .

Depression.

Who's that in the pic?

Because it's cheap.

I have daddy issues but I dont spend all my time on social media. What gives?

NARCISSISM

I stream on Twitch for 7 hours a day outside of work. Hopefully I can make a friend or two along the way as I don't have any, due to being in my 30s and a fucking racist.

(OP)

Is that Turps?

It's because they are mostly brainwashed, narcissistic jew controlled idiots.
You are all right man

racist here. best friends with a female who's even more racist. Facebook is actually pretty handy to find other racists, because they join racist/nationalistic groups.

who;s the cutie?

I've avoided kikebook as much as possible after Charlottesville. These degenerate lunatic commies want to call me a nazi for advocating free market principles? No thanks.

Is Facebook even still popular? It's been close to a decade since I nuked mine, so fuck if I know. It seems many people under thirty have also migrated to Twotter and Instagram anyways

Many other social media platforms have gained traction since then but yeah Facebook is still the big one. It's not what it was 10 years ago though, wish it was

Whaddyahmean? I didn't have one until 2009 as I was a holdout on MySpace for the longest time.

I could never use twitter and I'm not one to post pics on IG since I work overnight and I have low social capital. If anything I'm on Gab to keep up with the folks who have had it with other platform's shit.

OP who da fuck are these people goddamit

It's turps, Ricky Gervais' younger brother.

I hate nu-males, their girly voices, and their stupid beards. Wouldn't be surprised if many of them are trans.

Facebook and other forms of social media have grown to replace real life interactions. Simple as that. It's easier to check updates from your 500 "friends" than make an actual connection with a human being. Compound this with our generation's growing self-esteem issues and it's a recipe for disaster. The worst part is that 9 times out of 10 you can't break from it. You might have friends from foreign countries (today's pen pals) who you can't contact otherwise, or perhaps your friends in general are just like you in the way that they're intoxicated by social media and can't break from it. It's like drug abusers finding their company with other drug abusers.

here ya go buddy hows it know a 350 lb ugly fat fuck helped some chemicals go off in your head.

I'm on the older end of the millennial cohort, but I have no smartphone and no social media. I used Facebook starting when you needed a .edu e-mail to get on up until about 2009. I used Twitter for about a year, it has its uses but ultimately I left that behind as well. If I want to catch up with a friend I text, call, or see them in person, same as always. I guess the world has moved on a bit.

>tfw I manage 5 niche instagram accounts and making a living off of it while still spending less time per day on social media than most
>tfw they spend hours a day doing it for free
>tfw they obsess over likes and comments purely for the ego boost

Feels good