The tide turns in our favor!!!

Ivy League professors band together in letter encouraging students to reject 'groupthink' and embrace ideological diversity.

Source:
jmp.princeton.edu/announcements/some-thoughts-and-advice-our-students-and-all-students

washingtonexaminer.com/ivy-league-professors-band-together-in-letter-encouraging-students-to-reject-groupthink-and-embrace-ideological-diversity/article/2632849

Kek

Other urls found in this thread:

psychology.yale.edu/people/paul-bloom
hls.harvard.edu/faculty/directory/10919/Vermeule
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Letter:

August 29, 2017

We are scholars and teachers at Princeton, Harvard, and Yale who have some thoughts to share and advice to offer students who are headed off to colleges around the country. Our advice can be distilled to three words:

Think for yourself.

Now, that might sound easy. But you will find—as you may have discovered already in high school—that thinking for yourself can be a challenge. It always demands self-discipline and these days can require courage.

In today’s climate, it’s all-too-easy to allow your views and outlook to be shaped by dominant opinion on your campus or in the broader academic culture. The danger any student—or faculty member—faces today is falling into the vice of conformism, yielding to groupthink.
At many colleges and universities what John Stuart Mill called “the tyranny of public opinion” does more than merely discourage students from dissenting from prevailing views on moral, political, and other types of questions. It leads them to suppose that dominant views are so obviously correct that only a bigot or a crank could question them. (cont.)

...Since no one wants to be, or be thought of as, a bigot or a crank, the easy, lazy way to proceed is simply by falling into line with campus orthodoxies.
Don’t do that. Think for yourself.

Thinking for yourself means questioning dominant ideas even when others insist on their being treated as unquestionable. It means deciding what one believes not by conforming to fashionable opinions, but by taking the trouble to learn and honestly consider the strongest arguments to be advanced on both or all sides of questions—including arguments for positions that others revile and want to stigmatize and against positions others seek to immunize from critical scrutiny.
The love of truth and the desire to attain it should motivate you to think for yourself. The central point of a college education is to seek truth and to learn the skills and acquire the virtues necessary to be a lifelong truth-seeker. Open-mindedness, critical thinking, and debate are essential to discovering the truth. Moreover, they are our best antidotes to bigotry.

Merriam-Webster’s first definition of the word “bigot” is a person “who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.” The only people who need fear open-minded inquiry and robust debate are the actual bigots, including those on campuses or in the broader society who seek to protect the hegemony of their opinions by claiming that to question those opinions is itself bigotry.

So don’t betyrannized by public opinion. Don’t get trapped in an echo chamber. Whether you in the end reject or embrace a view, make sure you decide where you stand by critically assessing the arguments for the competing positions.

Think for yourself.

>Ivy League Professors

Groupthink btfo

>Intellectual tyrants realized they have pushed to hard, will be the first to get their asses skewered on pitchforks and throw on the emergency brakes.
WEW. Good luck Schlomo.

If they're trying to fix the situation I think they deserve a second chance.

One of the authors

psychology.yale.edu/people/paul-bloom

>t. Ivy league professor who started this bullshit

We have all needed one.

Heh...we could meme the shit outta that. Hey Antifa...we'll give you a second chance. Or else.

They knew what they were doing when they set this ball into motion.

>using one of the largest cases of groupthink in world history

Dope image though.

All those teachers are neo-nazis.

t. lefty

Another author

hls.harvard.edu/faculty/directory/10919/Vermeule

Fuck them. This is too little, too late. It's fucking DECADES too late.

When the student loan bubble collapses, it's going to kick academia square in the fucking balls as hundreds of schools go bankrupt.

It couldn't happen to a nicer group of fucking assholes. The New Left have destroyed America with their Marxist/Postmodern bullshit. I'll play my fiddle and piss on the fucking ashes when it finally implodes.

>Fought against the largest case of groupthink in world history

U mad

SICK BURN DUDE. Drumpf nazis will never recover.

Too late. Not enough. I want the blood of Boomer cowards who sold us out

How is it "too late"?

Way too late. They willingly sold out roughly 8 generations for a fever dream. Created debt that will enslave generations to come, willingly destroyed the western culture by flooding it with tribal Niggers believing in an Eurocentrist ideal that should be applied to EVERY race from the human species and expect a golden end of life. I want them death, and are willing to burn them alive. Only hope is to kill them, their paradigms of equality and their pets. If you are a left leaning Boomer do the world a favour and kill yourself. No method amount of Shekel and promises will convince me to change that opinion.

Curious cause you fly that flag. A you legit jihadist? If so, what are your views of "right boomers"?

This is good evidence that Al Gore is a Jew.

Cowards. But I understand the situation they went through. They have been denied to take part in the political discourse. Still, they were cowards for not understanding that terrorism is the only political strategy that will work against acolytes of virtual security like the left (cultural) Marxist for the sake of freedom, which made the West what is was. So yes I'm in some way a jihadist, but one that values freedom and life (except those who oppose freedom)

I see what you're saying

7s for Kek

>embrace diversity
fuck that

Well. Really only since the election of Trump has the real mask come off for the mainstream. And the info is growing with the dots being connected. or Redpilling the nation / world.

The world is a much different place than even one year ago.

I will take the truth from a simple slavish boor over the euridite eloqunce of a liar.

God bless these simple minded professors.

Where are there names?

Make NatSoc Great Again

>Really only since the election of Trump has the real mask come off for the mainstream
Are you trying to trigger me? I read the """mainstream""" literature of social science and economy as partly psychology from the late 50's till today, are aware of the "struggels" that generstion went through. it was fucking obvious what went on. The lazy well fed fat asses of cowards were just too fat and lazy to realize it. The last chance for a peacefull solution was in the mid '70s, but for the promise of Shekel, golden pensions and the fever dream of security you fucked your children grand children great grand children great great grand children etc. No mercy for that generation of traitors and cowards

what's most important:

Ideological homogeneity
or
Genetical homogeneity ?

This is a rally and re-group at the center tactic.
They will never budge from the center.
The paradigm shift has so much momentum now, and they're really terrified how unprepared for debate and civility they are.
Don't mistake this for capitulation, it's just a tactical shift so you douse your arrows.

The extreme left of tomorow will be the cuckservatives of today.

They're just trying to trick students into revealing their power levels.

This isn't good though, (((they))) have finally realised they were pushing too hard and too quickly, that's why you're finally starting to see some resistance.
If they just eased up they could carry on doing as they had done for the last 70 years with no substantial opposition.

This is what "easing up" looks like. They're not done pushing, they're done celebrating and gloating prematurely.

A sly push against the coming "group think" that colleges are full of commies that need to be purged. Just hedging with words that sound good, typical leftist shit.

Well...if you get "triggered"...it sounds like you're quite susceptible to cues and therefore probably a cuckifornian. Hence the flag.

bottom of linked page for original letter. See top.

In part. Just like Pelosi demonizing Antifa.

>Think for yourself.
FUCK YOU! I don't want to be expelled!

Dumbshits!

You are thinking for yourself right now.

>Adhom
Centrists are disguised lefties who fear their retirment will be a noose. Many will die and your faustian minds are not able to understand why. Sad. That letter will at best be ignored by those who it desperatly tries to target, at worst for those who wrote it, it will accelerate the decline. Well done. The rifles are loaded, the bombs are made, the armies internalized the message - war is coming, academian ideals of the last 70 year will be one of the first who get bombed out of existence, literally and figuratively. The heritage of the boomers will be unmarked graves, their ideas merely rumors.