This is an American church.
Say something nice about it!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oklAi3rpb_U
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ek_jkwGg3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Better than this thread

Ugly as shit.
How does the communion work in a church as large as this?

Everyone seems well fed

beehive state? Mormons?

if there's a huge storm think of all the people that could shelter there!!

kill yourself dataming bot

(((church)))

Communion is a loaf of bread dunked in butter.

We pass around a basket of cheddar bay biscuits, nigga.

just got some new merch
and its selling like a god church

Not really a church, more of a Protestant Jesus Christ Inc. office. The railings are painted a nice color of black.

It's hardly church. I've watched these shows, and it's more of a pep talk. The true church of Pepe, "Feels good man".

n-nice architecture looks very traditional, pleasant, and not obnoxious in the least.

They actuaily use these. I kid you not. P*otestants are absolutely not saved.

Cool church in Canada.

>The true church of Pepe, "Feels good man"

I would go to that church.

It sells hope. Literally. It fills spiritual void. Not my cup of tea, but the ultimate blue pill.

I wonder how many people in that photo died.

>church
>no tabernacle
>no Eucharist
yeah okay "christian church" sure

yeah, where Im from we have the oldest Greek orthodox and oldest catholic church in north america. So what?

>ywn be a nationally beloved multi millionaire pastor of a football stadium church and own a private jet and 10 million dollar mansion

Why even live?

Will you satanic kikes explain this shit for once?

do protestants even do communion?

And their hair looks freshly shampooed

Is life really lived if you're soul dies in hell?

You can't tell me this doesn't scream brainwashing, you're telling me 16,000 people either show up in person, or tune on television/radio to watch/listen to Joel Olsteen talk about Jesus and Christianity? I think people just want a place to belong, doubt all of them are even that religious. They just want to be apart of something, classic cult mentality. And they'll shell out all their money because it makes them feel good, like they're doing something altruistic.

They do, but they don't believe it's the body and blood of Christ and some p*otestants only do it on occasion.

Somebody redpill me on communion. I was raised a Baptist, never did that weird business, and a little confused about it's earliest origins.

You're both in hell, right now.

The origin is the last supper when Jesus passed out bread and wine, and said "do this in memory of me"

Why can't you talk directly to the person you want to speak to? Why do you speak through proxies?

not sure on the symbolisme or its importance but its stored in whats called a tabernacle its the little box that the church is supposed to be focused on its the whole point of going to church really is to receive communion that and going to church and worshiping as a community is how you can get the holy spirit

>wanting a community makes one a cultist
>with an audience that large, none of them are bound to have petty cash to give
>Osteen's message is never positive enough to warrant community or charity

I don't even watch Joel, but I rate your retardation: "fedora".

Joel Osteen is a literal chad, stop being a jealous beta envy is a sin.

They're all so thin.

2 small 4 me, m80

He fills a niche. Baby Christians abound.

yes, and we believe it is the body and blood of christ wtf are you nigs on about? first sunday of every month.

that's a guy

>Defending religion

Where do you think we are?

>not going to mormon services and getting a community-based worship filled with survivalists, gigantic families and gun nuts

Hahahahaha...eating wafers = going to heaven.

No can do. Sorry.

It's disgusting, vapid, soulless and ridiculously oversized. Coincidentally, this also describes both America as a nation and the people who live there.

what the fuck, it looks like a wrestling arena

its the caricature of false prophet in the bible
he talks about positive thinking and wealth and success and quotes maybe 1 verse of scripture the whole time and doesnt talk about jesus just says god

and then tells some stories about the power of positive thinking and getting through difficulties in your life

its a surface value deception that only the most retarded retards fall for

all created by satan to take them to hell

the worst part is i have to explain this because people here dont immediately understand that context

Religion is the force that binds people together.

Christianity is the religion of the white man. Embrace it. Accept Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour.

It is only with God's guidance that we shall save the fortunes of the white man.

Sup Forums is a Christian board you heathen.

That's not what I was talking about. I mean in the OT, where Melchizedek, priest of the Most High, gives out a bread and wine ceremoniously.

It's Gen 14:18

I'm definitely on board with the community aspect, but reading the Bible it seems a Tabernacle was the portable holy house for worship.

Do the other branches not read the OT or something?

On a Christian board. Where do *you* think we are?

Joseph Smith is the true savior of the white race

I'm thinking about becoming catholic how soon should I start making goat sacrifices to the saints and building a mary alter to worship?

Catholics believe in transubstantiation, where the bread and wine turn into the literal body and blood of Christ.

As such, the consecrated host, as a form of Jesus, is kept in the tabernacle out of respect.

It's the same reason they wipe the crumbs and consume them, even though there are never any crumbs.

Quads confirm it, although Protestantism is miles better than your spic Catholicism, Paco.

Right! It's weird as fuck. Sola Cookie, through bread alone

I'm sure at least one person in there is not a total moron.

It looks like the inside of a spaceship. How very forward-thinking of them.

You're not from around here. You're not one of us.

>be mexico
>overtake the U.S as fattest major nation in the world

>Joseph Smith is the true savior of the white race
magic underwarez
youtube.com/watch?v=oklAi3rpb_U

((Orstein))

No goat sacrifice necessary.

As far as Mary goes, it's something that has created a lot of friction in the church.

Technically speaking, catholics don't pray to mary or the saints. Instead they call on mary and the saints to pray for them, which sounds similar to outsiders, but is entirely different when you consider it.

But within the church, there are those who want to elevate Mary to a level of a co-redeemer, which is causing a shit load of angry debate, for several different reasons.

Lol from what I've seen the majority of you are pretty degenerative, couldn't imagine you people actually being religious and going to church.

we wuz space alienz

That still doesn't explain why it shows up 800 years earlier in Gen14:18, where Melchizedek performs the ceremony too

Look at that poor bench, it's bending under the weight of their love.

im not sure im not really religious myself but im starting to get more interested in it
from what I understand the old testament was really by jews for jews and the new testament super cedes it or something along those lines something about how the new testament has to do with Christ himself a lot more and so it should really be the focus of Christianity more than the old but not like the old is bad or anything

>weight of their love.
just more to fug

This is libertarian shit.

"Herrr derrr the Church is able to thrive in the free market! These people are choosing to donate to a mega scam by people who use god to become filthy rich"

WE NEED FACISM YESTERDAY

Checked, next person to get
dubs=blessed
trisp=canonized
quads=modern day prophet or Pope

God smite the greedy somodites

youtube.com/watch?v=6Ek_jkwGg3I
>can't argue with this

probly something to do with how the lord's prayer has elements of earlier jewish prayes in it as well

>I should be able to tell people how to spend their money!
neck urself m8

It does when you consider the links between christianity and the old covenant.

I'm not expert enough to explain it all, but it's there if you study it.

For example, there are things Jesus did for the sole purpose of fulfilling old prophecies about the messiah. He (according to the bible) actually came out and said it a few times , as in... I have to do this to fulfill the prophecies.

Exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you for proving my point.

And no morals or ethics were taken into consideration that day.

>degenerative

We found an outsider, boys. Time to make a sacrifice to Kek.

Looks like the guy from the "virgin walk" meme

>from what I understand the old testament was really by jews for jews and the new testament super cedes

That context makes sense, irrefutable really

>People are too charitable, it's creating inequality.
>"We need fascism to stop religion,charity, and inequality"

Crypto-commie confirmed

It never fails to amaze me how jewy, dishonest, and sell-out-ish life is in the United States. It seems like their entire life is one gigantic, non-ending reality TV show/infomercial. It's incredibly sad and disgusting to see, and I mean that with true sincerity. I honestly hope things can improve one day.

(((((((Charitable)))))))

When priests live in mansions, there is a problem.

this isn't a Mormon church lul

His dad passed the Religion money maker business on to the son. Osteen has turned the bible motivation sermons into millions. All he has to do is give motivation quotes and say the jew is gods chosen people. The jew media, CNN and Oprah and other will sell books and CDs for Joel.

When a million people are on the streets Osteen says pray, no offer of sanctuary, just pray suckers and mail in the 10%

I hear that. Fuck all signs point to me needing to evacuate burgerland ASAP. All people here see is dollar signs.

WAAAA that much lamb could feed my carnivorous-ass for a long time, gif ight two mhee

>Instead they call on mary and the saints to pray for them, which sounds similar to outsiders, but is entirely different when you consider it.
yes it's typical of cult beliefs to seem perfectly normal to people "inside"

There literally isn't. Not all religious clergy are required to live as mendicants. The fact you look at people who have things and say that's ridiculous is leftist envy.

You should be looking at everyone else, and figuring out how we can all live in mansions. Change your flag.

that problem is called tithing and its when a snake oil salesman tells you to give 10% of you income to a church without thinking about it

Wrestling matches are a standard in churches these days.

Glorious and beautiful. Prefer the gothic ones tho.

>How we can all live in mansions.

Found the commie.

Where is the church supposed to get money if it doesn't get donations from parishioners? They're tax free. It doesn't mean they get income for nothing.

In the early years of christianity, there was a lot of debate about that too. here are the cliff notes...

1. Abraham makes a covenant with God. If the Jews do this and that, God is on their side.

2. The entire jewish religion is based on that covenant, and humans fulfilling the requirements of it.

3. Jesus comes along and announces a new covenant.

4. Since all of Jesus' original followers were Jewish, the question became... do we still need to remain jews to be christians, or is it separate?

5. It also raised the question... can anyone be a christian, or must they first convert to judeasm and then become a christian?

The debate is covered in detail in (I think) Hebrews and Romans.

America is a WEIRD place, like REALLY WEIRD

capital letters used for emphasis, I hope you enjoyed reading them and had a great time readign this post too

>pretending standards aren't supposed to improve
>anti-religion
>anti-charity
>anti-inequality

Yeah, I'm the commie here lmao

I feel bad for christcucks

>if I say it enough times it becomes true

no jews present

At least it's not full of niggers. I hate Mega-Churches though. Completely defeats the purpose.