People still believe in god in 2017

>people still believe in god in 2017

How can you be so unironically stupid? Concepts like ambition, self-improvement and passion driven lives collide with believing in god, because you start to see it as something that prevents you from reaching your goals. I am not saying that there are no forces greater than us, but being a part of earth religions makes you look like a retard with half of the brain.

because horde mentality and scare tactics

When will you all just recognise Odin as the one true all father.

Engineering and Theology major.

Unless you tell me that you have read Aristotle, Plato, Aquinas, Beothius, and Augustine. I don't want to hear your musings on the divine. All value systems are baseless without God, and religion is a natural extension and reflection of God's authority on Earth. A good introductory book to why you are absurdly incorrect is Edward Fesser's The Last Superstition.

There's no such thing as omnipotence,as everything must evolve,highly evolved consciousness YES.

Aristotle would claim that God is all actuality and that because he is all actuality there is nothing that you would say he could not witness. There is a small books worth of reasoning behind that sentence therefore:

Read the Summa and come back to me with something better than that pitiful excuse for a proof.

You're concept of a god suggests someone who lives in fear,Mr sheep.

>normies dont listen to anything except convos about sex and sport ball
who the fuck cares

HAIL WOTAN

Is hell a thing?

I would imagine that would be convenient. That the philosophic opposite of yourself lives in fear. I live in hope, I have no confidence that my life will not end in damnation. One proposed theory that's Aquinas articulated was "mass damnata", that all men would be damned to Hell. To give you a correct perspective, I would not doubt that isn't a possibility but if I ended up in Hell I would have faith I justly deserved it, the only downside is that I would likely have to share it with you.

In answer to your question a solid yes. Probably not at all how it is classically described though.

Try and you'll find God too. If not, you are damned

Iam a bishnoi Hindi,so will avoid your fate,but good luck,it sounds like your going to need it.

Cool story. No matter how much you suck the dick of dead philosophers, their writing has absolutely no bearing on reality. What if I told you that value systems are human constructs and therefore they have just as much meaning as we impart to them?

I would answer you obviously have not read any philosophers of any worth or note.

I suppose we could start with the implications of such a theory. Nothing is right or wrong, in fact if nothing is of any value the first question you should be asking yourself is:

>Why haven't I killed myself yet?

After you come to what I hope is the healthy conclusion that killing your self isn't a viable option I would hope you pace enough faith in your senses that you can manage to operate in the world. Feel free to check in on me when you come to the conclusion that you can trust your senses, then we can have a real conversation. I'm not in the mood for talking to a mad man that's what Ethics 1000 is about.

You're obviously mentally ill,with delusion of grandeur,you must seek help.

>atheist calling others stupid

Go back

I'm well aware of my own mediocrity. I only ask people understand the what the hell they are criticizing, which would be 2000+ years of philosophic tradition which people think can be disproven with something as moronic as displayed in OP's post.

You are an interesting creature though. I am not claiming any special knowledge, nor philosophic innovation, I merely defend what has been said in the past relying on the truthfulness and logic of those far superior to my own intellect. While you appear to think you have a good enough sample of my mental health to make this diagnosis. I would argue that might be a greater example of a person with delusion of grandeur.

Because most people are so egocentric that they actually believe that the god their parents told them about just so happens to be the one true god, and the remaining 99% of the planet is going to hell.

Religion should be punishable by death and we should start with Christianity.

>Concepts like ambition, self-improvement and passion driven lives collide with believing in god

These concepts make no sense without morality that exists outside of us.

Self improvement means there's a standard you shoud aim for.

Passion makes no sense in a universe that has no meaning.

Ambition means nothing if in the end there is no pay-off. What are you working for? Nothing in particular.

You are using arguments that do not make sense from your worldview.

Poor poolish soul--your words don't even make sense. I can't imagine what it must be like to be born polish it must me so unbearable.

sad

Aren`t Aristotle,Plato and Augstine not mandatory reading in High school?

define God

Stupid arabs, stupid Americans, also poles christcucks too

My god
I guess you can call me an individual
Religion and god they're good for keeping you in check and retarded
Race ill fuck what i want when want race mixing intended hottie with a body, baby in the oven
Government keeps you in check
(Right wing left wing) im a motherfuckin chameleon i hide in plain site
Allways on the winning side the only reason i would lose is because of your collective stupidity
I understand myself and gods point of view.
Oh im talking about my god , not your fuck face christian or catholic god or whatever the fuck you believe in
My god is everything in existence he is ingrained in everything and allows for everything that could happen to happen

He brings out the worst and best in you and when you die you return becoming whole once again
How could you argue with me, and if you do you just lost

• At what point will we realise that through the entirety of everything (we were made, be it ancient deity or through the science of existence) it created us that in the beginning it was everything (as in all things) or was nothing that made us

>Concepts like ambition, self-improvement and passion driven lives collide with believing in god
No they don't.