What goes on here? I live in Seattle and I have no idea

What goes on here? I live in Seattle and I have no idea.

Other urls found in this thread:

demographics.virginia.edu/DotMap/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=HlUQFDxJedg
youtube.com/watch?v=Aak914x7RcA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lake Bonneville flooded and drained into that area in one of the biggest floods in geological history I think. So it's pretty cool.

Lots of wine.

Not much. It's basically just Idaho.

Stfu nigger. That's like saying Spokane is Coeur d'alene.

>Walla Walla

I once got a Kellogg's Corn Flake camera from there..

Had to send in proofs of purchase..

Inland ports. There's also a college.

>GARFIELD WHERE IS MY PIPE

Tri cities
(pasco kennewick and richland)
lots of wine and farms
almost desert esk type climate(can get up to 90 in the summer)
they tested nukes here back in ww2
also good weed

Nuclear stuff.

Idk there's some Christian school there but everyone seemed normal and down to smoke weed

I grew up in the northern part of that circle. Some farmland, some scabland. Lots of basalt and clumpgrass, but you'll get lush terrain somewhat comparable to what you find on the western side of the state on north-facing slopes. Found a few arrowheads and pieces of stone and chert that aren't native to the area growing up.

Ritzville is a hub for drug trafficking. Colfax is a hub for farmers. People drown in Rock Lake almost every year due to some of it's characteristics. Steptoe killed some salmon jabbers that stole one of his cannons up around the northern part some time ago, named a butte after himself. Tri-cities are a mexican labor hub, I guess where a lot of them end up when missing the fruit/berry picking jobs to the west.

fun fact: "walla" in the native language of the area means "water", and saying something twice in their language denotes smallness, so "walla walla" means "little water".

t b h it is pretty much just like southern idaho outside the mountains. Spokane isn't like Coeur d'alene because Spokane is situated in a very unique spot as far as it's environment goes. You've got wooded hills and mountains, sagebrush and clumpgrass, scabs, swamps, and birch groves all clustered together. But anything east and north of Spokane is basically the panhandle.

You just circled WSU...

Also, 25mph speed limit all through Colfax, they will pull your ass over if you drive 26.

Is it worth living there?

Lots of potato farming goes on. There's a ton of wind turbines located all over that area as long as a pretty massive solar farm or something between Moses lake and ritzville. Other than that it's dumb idiots and all the bordering areas might as well be Mexico.

If you ever make it up to vantage area you'll see what I mean by Mexico.

rural retards with insanely high unemployment are high on meth

Born and raised in the puget sound area. Pretty sure that place is WSU? Or something? Perhaps apples?

You better like lots and lots of snow for 3-4 months out of the year paired with summers that push above 110 degrees at times. Dunno what you expect for work, either. It's there, it pays better than most of the country paired with low costs of living, but it's either service or labor.

Walla Walla has a prison.

Tons of apples, tons of rich Amish families who own the farming industry out there and the construction industry. You'll be outbid by an Amish family most likely.

I thought it was mostly hutterites, not mennanites.

Snow? Really? I like the hot. I do data analytics for a fortune 200. Would like to live in an area with sun and less traffic and cheaper living. Any cozy office jobs in walla walla or tri cities?

Alright. What about Greenacres?

Sorry you're correct I'm wrong it's the hitterites.

Endless wheat fields, football, and underage drinking. Everything is also dry as hell. I came here from Bellingham to do my PhD and I'm missing the rain. If it could be 50 degrees with light rain instead of 90 degrees and sunny, that would be just dandy... but I don't think I'm ever going to see that kind of weather here.

Lewiston/Clarkston is pretty comfy the only non whites are natives and a handful of mexicans

You can see every star in the sky

Its a place people leave their doors unlocked

Only jobs seem to be logging, hunting/fishing guides and putting out forest fires

They have the cum inn

Holy shit I never realized that Pullman is in the middle of fucking nowhere. I don't know if I can look at Wazzou the same again.

Tri-Cities was the fastest-growing metro area in the country a couple years ago, by Census estimates. It's basically the capital of southeastern Washington now, having defeated Yakima (which is a gang-ridden impoverished shithole).

Tri-Cities has a lot of Mormons, Mexicans, and older white transplants from Seattle cashing out and looking for cheaper housing. It's all very spread-out. "Downtown" Kennewick (in theory, the core of the whole region) looks like it belongs to a town of 15,000 or so. You can also get there by river from the ocean. They want to become a significant port in the future.

Biggest party college in WA

aayyyy
Greenacres is like grasslands, relaxed place desu.

What do you know of the Port of Lewiston?

horrible things. stay away.

Government projects you aren't supposed to know about faggot.

Trigger cities is literally Mexicans who steal shit and sell it back on Craigslist.

that's queensgate and gala way lmao

only el pasco

richland and kennewick are mostly full of mormons

Lots of snow, a county around there holds the 24 hour snowfall record for the lower 48. I can't stand the shit, grew up with tons of it and I'm never living where there is snow again.

Definitely some in the tri-cities, though I don't know about how plentiful they would be. No idea about Walla Walla, probably not, it's small as fuck. I know for a fact there are in Spokane, Spokane is pretty much the big city of the area. If I had to move back to eastern WA I'd probably move to the south hill in Spokane, a very nice and extensive part of the city. If not rural. Traffic isn't anything compared to a proper metro in any of these cities, I wouldn't even worry about it.

I'm biased against the valley but it's nice and cozy out there. There are places I'd rather live, like along little spokane river to the north or hangman creek to the south.

We swapped places, I'm in Bellingham right now. Fuck this cramped and poorly-planned city, it's awful. I cannot wait to leave.

All of the Spokane river is a toxic cesspit. Settle down by cda

If you look on Google Earth the Southern part of Columbia, Garfield, and Asotin counties seem really green, mountainous, heavily wooded.

There's also no one there. The biggest town in Columbia county, Dayton, has 2,427 people.

You're looking at an area with an extremely low population, with farming the sole industry.

I wonder what it's even like living there. It could either have that good classic American small town vibe, or it could be completely suffocating with the grocers laughing at you every time you buy stuff that's too healthy for their sensibilities.

Inland PNW natives are so cozy compared to these coastal fish pokers. They're basically niggers over here, but on the east side and in montana most natives I run into are more like lazy rural whites.

It's neat that you can sail so far inland from the Pacific, but it's a fairly small port, and it's not in a great location for transferring to road/rail, since it isn't located on an interstate or on a freight trunk line. It'll probably continue to be a niche destination for cargo ships. Tri-Cities or Umatilla in Oregon have more potential for port expansions.

This is based on the 2010 census, but it is a must for planning vacations and moving.

demographics.virginia.edu/DotMap/index.html

Bundy, Bigfoot, etc.

Little Spokane river, not the Spokane. Though the Spokane runs from CDA lake and both are disgusting and filled with heavy metals, not sure why you're pretending it's better.

>can get up to 90s in the summer
you dumb nigger it gets 95 west of the mountains, it probably reaches the 100s

HEY IN WALLA, I SEE YOU IN A WALLA WALLA
FOLSOM PRISON THATS THE DESTINATION
HEY IN WALLA I SEE YOU IN A WALLA WALLA
SLAP ON THE WRIST? WELL NOT THIS TIME!!!

Dayton is filled with a bunch of low IQ morons and young adults with nothing better to do than get drunk and do drugs. They all end up transitioning to spokame at some point in their lives.

Thanks. I've been trying to track down information about it recently. Do you know what gets exported besides grain?

it'll get over 110 about once a year usually.

Fuck off degenerate we're full

Like I said, Pasco is a containment city.

Just bought a house in Richland for 180k, I could have bought the same house in Pasco for 120k.

Fuck that shit, I like my car being in one piece.

It depends on the town. Some places are basically Mexico Norte. It's more common in central Washington, but there are also pockets of this stuff in the southeast.

Seems like there is a lot of development around northern Spokane, creeping up the highway toward Chewelah. Lots of the older/inner-ring areas of Spokane look kind of grim and methed-up. I knew someone who lived a block off of Division St. and had to put up chain-link fencing to keep out the bums and thieves.

No go experience the CDA river from inside the panhandle national Forest before it runs into lake CDA. It's like a 15 minute drive from downtown CDA.

>Cramped
Lolwut. Are you living downtown or something? The city has plenty of cozy neighborhoods. The city is not at all some oversized, overcrowded metropolis or anything. It's just that it has a real city outside of the university... unlike Pullman. One Wal-Mart and one Safeway, both right next to each other? What is this madness?

>I cannot wait to leave.
I have some bad news for you. The city is cursed. Once you live in Bellingham, if you try to leave, circumstances will bring you back. Personally, I'd love for that curse to bring me back too once I get my PhD, but unfortunately, as I plan on becoming a professor, this is unlikely (it would be silly for a university to hire someone who did their BS and MS there as an assistant professor).

Yeah I used to live in Spokane a bit as a teenager over a decade ago. Me and my friends had no money and nothing to do so we'd go around being hooligans, common passtime. Spokane's got some severe property crime statistics. I'd stick to the south hill if I chose to live there again. All that northern development just kindof feels like hollow sprawl.

That lead infested river from all of the galena mining? That's why the lake and spokane river is full of metals. Sure it's pretty but it's the same exact water.

It's mostly agricultural products. There was an effort to handle more cargo inbound for the oil/gas industry in Montana and the Dakotas, but it's limited by the region's highways. Driving from Lewiston to any freeway is often very difficult in winter due to ice and mountains, and oversized loads on those highways created some problems a few years ago.

Thanks

>under 100k people
>real city
Bellingham also has one walmart and one safeway. It's big compared to Pullman but at least Pullman has sensible infrastructure where you don't have to worry about getting hit by a car every time you cross the street at a crosswalk.

>the city is cursed
Everyone says that about their home cities. This place is the worst city I've ever lived in and I'm putting a mortgage down on a house in southwestern washington next year.

Serious question
Is the prison in walla walla the inspiration for the offspring's song "walla walla"?

Anyone from Post Falls here? Living in Alberta atm, dual citizen.

>saying something twice in their language denotes smallness, so "walla walla" means "little water".
That's rather cute

I'd love to live in Spokane just for the environment but I'm hearing a lot of people want to be moving there for the same reason and I don't want to contribute to killing what makes it good.

>What goes on here?
More than just the (single but humongous) Bonneville flood. The Lake Missoula floods were nearly as big, and happened 30 to 100 times, when a huge ice damn would break and then re-form over and over every 50 or so years for about 2000 years, scouring almost all of eastern Washington every time. This is what is now called the Channeled Scablands. Like the Bonneville flood, this was just during the most recent Ice Age less than 20k years ago (aka "yesterday" in geologic terms).
If you have any interest at all in geology or natural history, seeing the evidence of the floods is a cool way to structure road trips to that part of the state.

Skinwalkers

You can actually see the old shorelines on some of the mountains in Missoula.

I suggest you watch the Ice T movie "Surving The Game" it basically explains it all. kek
youtube.com/watch?v=HlUQFDxJedg

I'd just move there, it's a nice city if you like the outdoors, want a decent job and know how to pick a good neighborhood. What's making it bad are non-whites/asians and hard drugs, like most cities.

>Rutger Hauer
>Ice-T
>dubs

Well, that's what I'm going to watch before I go to bed. Thanks for making that decision easy for me user.

bahaha, it's really good I promise. And it was filmed up there in Wenatchee National Forest. lol. Enjoy.

It's been a while since I watched that.

>Wenatchee National Forest
same here, prolly gonna watch that now too cos it's a good movie to watch slightly after midnight. :)

Well, I don't think you'd like me just because of who/what I am but I guess I wouldn't be the worst thing there.
I'm a tranny, a spic, and bike mostly everywhere, I just want to move to a nice place where I can be left alone and still be able to live a comfy life. I don't drink, I don't touch drugs (aside from my meds) but yeah, I don't know the city well enough to just pick up and move.

I did laugh a bit reading the thread though since I was thinking of moving to Bellingham too but that's no longer on my list.

Fun fact spic comes from when US soldier in Panama would ask locals questions and get the reply "no speaka de English". It was originally spiggoty.

>>under 100k people
>>real city
It's real relative to fucking Pullman. This place is full of nothing and hills.

>Bellingham also has one walmart and one safeway
My complaint is that this is ALL Pullman has in the ways of stores. Bellingham has 1 Wal-Mart, 1 Safeway, 2 Fred Meyers, 1 Winco, 1 CostCo, 4 Haggens, 1 Trader Joes, 1 Whole Foods, and 1 Grocery Outlet. 13 places to get groceries, oh wait I forgot Target in the fucking mall, so it's 14. And they're all spread out across the city, many of which located within walking distance of residential areas. It takes me 45 minutes to walk to Safeway, and 45 minutes to walk back, and it's uphill both ways here in Pullman. And the buses run every 45 minutes, not every 15, so if I miss one, I have to wait until my frozen broccoli has defrosted. All of the business is along one big street here, and it's too distant from where people live.

>at least Pullman has sensible infrastructure where you don't have to worry about getting hit by a car every time you cross the street at a crosswalk
Protip: Don't use the crosswalks on Alabama or Woburn. Cross at the fucking light. We have some busy main streets. Crosswalks are there out of necessity, but like... don't make fast moving cars have to stop out of nowhere.

>Everyone says that about their home cities.
Nah, it's a local legend actually. The Chinese coal miner's legend. A while back, we had a big coal mining business. Then one of the mineshafts collapsed, trapping a bunch of Chinese workers inside of it. Nobody did anything to help them, and in their last breaths, they cursed the city to grow ever larger, and suck in all those who try to escape.

Well you're a geneological dead-end so you can't exactly harm the city's delicate demographics. Spokane doesn't have as good of support for bikers as a city like Seattle but it's alright. The centennial trail is really nice for biking.

>Nah, it's a local legend actually. The Chinese coal miner's legend. A while back, we had a big coal mining business. Then one of the mineshafts collapsed, trapping a bunch of Chinese workers inside of it. Nobody did anything to help them, and in their last breaths, they cursed the city to grow ever larger, and suck in all those who try to escape.

And all fourteen of those stores are crammed into this tiny-ass valley with absolutely no planning so streets stretch out from the freeway like veins. It's hell if you drive, it's hell if you walk, it's hell if you bike.

Walla Walla Washington was mentioned in that one Looney Tunes skit where that cat is selling vacuum cleaners door to door.

It is where ACME make all of Wild E Coyotes gadgets.

youtube.com/watch?v=Aak914x7RcA

What goes on here? I live in Houston and have no idea.

I think you have more pressing matters at the moment.

>And all fourteen of those stores are crammed into this tiny-ass valley
They're spread throughout the city. Did you somehow manage to find a place very far from all of them?

>It's hell if you drive, it's hell if you walk, it's hell if you bike.
Maybe you should consider our godlike bus system.

I didn't like riding a bike in Seattle when I visited and it's too expensive for me unless I want to live with other people, I like my privacy, and I don't really like big cities.
I definitely don't want to have children so yeah lol, I'm just trying to find a place to settle down since my parents are finally retiring and moving to New Mexico but I sure as fuck don't want to live there so I think it's time to make my own life.

Meth and Onions, you uninformed Seattle cuck. Get out more.

>I'm just trying to find a place to settle down
How does a place that literally calls itself "The City of Subdued Excitement" sound?

Prisons, and other weird government shit.

Spread throughout a city I can walk across in a couple of hours. That's why I use the word "crammed". The city is long and narrow, the streets are narrow, there are too many people living here for what the infrastructure supports, there's no open spaces or breathing room. Shit, the Seattle metropolitan area is significantly less cramped than this city. That's how bad it is here.

>godlike bus system
>many lines run only hourly
>buses don't run at night
>stop at 6-8pm on sundays
low standards.

Sounds great, I did look into living in Bellingham as well. I read some stuff, watched some videos, looked into where I could get my HRT filled and it all sounded good. I just need to visit some of these places before I just decide to move. I've been visiting different places in the PNW and definitely want to live in Washington since there are more options available to me there compared to Oregon.

That's where Idaho courageously holds off the hippie hordes to protect Montana and Wyoming.

Missoula is left wing as hell, man. I love Wyoming, though. I'm inheriting a ranch there eventually, probably use it as a summer home.

Bozeman is catching up.

That's where they keep the POW's :^)

>The city is long and narrow
Not really.

>the streets are narrow
Side streets, yes. Main streets... it's fine. Not too much traffic.

>there are too many people living here for what the infrastructure supports
You're kidding.

>there's no open spaces or breathing room
Go to Cornwall Park or Whatcom Falls Park. Goddamn. Try not to light any fireworks if the latter.

>many lines run only hourly
The more remote a place is, the less frequently buses go there. Those places are mostly filled with richer people that have cars, so it balances out.

>buses don't run at night
Some run until 10. Past then, what the fuck are you doing out?

>stop at 6-8pm on sundays
At least they run on sundays. None of the buses in Pullman run on sundays. Here I have a day off and I can't use it for a grocery run unless I'm willing to spend an hour and a half just walking.

The arguments you make might make sense if you are comparing it to a larger city like Seattle, but Bellingham's mid-size. Only 85K people. It's got functional infrastructure, but we're not so rich we can afford to let the buses run until midnight. Pullman, sadly, is much smaller in population, but too spread out for its resources.

You can smell it all the way across town