Political Theory

Lets see if we can have actual political theory discussion on this board

I shall propose a simple question

Why does the state exist? Why did people choose to form it? Going further is it a just or unjust entity?

I shall post my opinion on the matter if this thread actually gets responses as I wont waste my time typing a large explanation if noone wants to post about anything other than postironic cuckold memes and peepee the frog

slide thread

>Going further is it a just or unjust entity?

As /tg/ would say: Depends on setting.

s
l
i
d
e

>Lets see if we can have actual political theory discussion on this board
>actual discussion on nu/pol/

Sharia blue shill!
Praise KEK fello MAGApedes!!1!

SLIDE THREAD!!

The state exists because after the rise of agriculture there became a need for laws to protect ones property from theft.

Pretty much this

>Before agriculture humans didn't own any property.

nice try you leftist faggot

>Why does the state exist? Why did people choose to form it? Going further is it a just or unjust entity?
State exists because a state is the only entity capable of competing with other states. So states have filled the world as nature abhors a vacuum.

Effective industrial warfare and industrial society both require certain economies of scale and the stability that only the state provides.

(((Ancaps))) will say "muh corporations" not understanding a corporation is a state creation.

>production and property didn't exist before agriculture
brainlet detected

ok I'll put my opinion out there

>Individuals being biological entities are born with "The Will to Power"
>This meaning they wish to express their will upon the world to its fullest and accomplish whatever goals and ideals they have set
>In the state of nature as described by Hobbes an individual is limited in how he may express his will solely based upon his physical prowess
>even then no mortal is so powerful that he may express all of his will without backlash
>thus likeminded individuals will rationally come together to make a collective entity that is more effective at expressing their will
>perhaps the early goals of collective organizations was to better odds of survival in basic hunter gatherer tribes, but as culture expands and changes so do the reasons people associate for
>the state acts as an extension of the individual so that they may express their will to the fullest potential humanly possible
>if humans were omnipotent there would be no need for that state as if you wanted anything in the world you could generate it for yourself, wealth, health, companionship, ect.. could all be spontaneously generated therefor one could freely express their will without any limitations
>limited as we are in our ability to express our wills individually we collectivize to achieve commonly held goals that we may not individually achieve
>thus the state should be based upon consent of the ruled in the pursuit of common goals justifying the existence of a one party state with cultural and ideological uniformity as elsewise if you do not agree with the goals of the state and this the collective will of the state you are a mere slave to another individuals will and are morally obligated to leave that state
>therefore the idealized state is a justified entity to further the wills of those it represents

negate this

I disagree, family based tribes in the mapuche ethnic only banded together as an army and for military reasons, besides that they had no form of government and they managed to defeat both the Incan empire and the spanish empire.

That's pretty much where I was going. If you have a community of 100 or so people working their crops and livestock, you need to set up a code of laws to protect that from the 100 or so people that live a few hours away who are going to just try to steal your shit.

I'm talking on a large scale. Not just a fucking neanderthal who found a rock and tied it to a stick. Just look at the Native American tribes. They created communities to protect them selves from rivals.

Drop the namefagging nigger
The rest I agree with, a state is the last organic step of a virile civilization on the rise, intelligent enough to organize itself, civil enough for hierarchy and homogeneous enough wing the axe in unison in the same direction.

>drop the name

I'll have you know I'm very popular on /fit/

Individuals change their minds, but changing ones state is much more complicated and a slower process. Even if you have an ideological uniformity and 100% support over time it will naturally have to change or it will lose the individuals that make the whole thing possible.

no youre not

>over time it will naturally have to change or it will lose the individuals that make the whole thing possible

then at that point the state has lost its purpose, if it may no longer serve as a vessel to further the interests of those it represents and this is commonly known among the populace why associate with that collective entity anymore

such a state has no justification in existing at that point and should be dissolved by whatever means be necessary be they diplomatic or revolutionary

I am THE best trip

>posting this antifa bullshit
Here's the original you leftypol faggot

>implying Sup Forums doesn't support MAGA
kys namefag
>in all fields

OP is a faggot. You made me literally puke go to /r/politics and masturbate there

btw, OP is also a coward

I didn't save it specifically for the ancomm part you terminally autistic child

this version is preferable cause I think ancomms are not only infantile and unrealistic in their views but their ideology itself is an oxymoron

>I am such a DummBoi that I can't rationalize political theory therefore OP is faget xdddd am I right Sup Forumsros

kys my man

>hides behind a meme flag
>Takes Hobbes literally
>Seems to unironically mixing it with Bauer
>Has the answer
>Asks like an arrigant Popperist to be falsified
Have fun in your bubble masturbating

shit OP is also a tripper
Please leave and never come back

R U SALTY BRO

HAHA

HAVE I T R I G G E R E D YOU?????

LAMBO OWNED

>Why does the state exist?
Natural selection applied to human civilizations. State societies historically have virtually always outbred and conquered militarily non-state peoples such as hunter-gatherers, and thus spread their cultures, technology, and styles of government.

thats not answering the question of why the state originated

all thats saying is why the state continues to exist