/wcg/ Western Culture General

Let's do it, share some great works of Western Culture: Architecture, Art, Music, whatever you got

Thread theme: Palestrina: youtube.com/watch?v=3MAyliZHJ2w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KAExa9P7hME
youtube.com/watch?v=VQZAhBo1BPw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZK6-x9sdEYo
youtube.com/watch?v=B5Kn0tXYsmI
youtube.com/watch?v=2Yy9szBIKCw
youtube.com/watch?v=w51xQW6I90k
youtube.com/watch?v=Nnuq9PXbywA
youtube.com/watch?v=cTtAo-iFscY
youtube.com/watch?v=dJelOS-fjrY
youtube.com/watch?v=DxtAHpYIXdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sentimental music plays in background

Why is she naked? What kind of degeneracy is this? Praise be to Allah, we shall burn this!

check out the YLYL threads in Sup Forums. Newest craze is to spam it with classical paintings

good.

those yellow teeth though ..

I think this is a illustration of the peeping ton
m story

Western culture is long dead and the only thing remaining is the things we find fun or entertaining. Their is no point to try to go back

Agreed. Our civilization is coming to end, as we embark into the winters of its life.

youtu.be/KAExa9P7hME

Give me a better painting and piece of music that this. (You can't) youtube.com/watch?v=VQZAhBo1BPw

How bout this series by the same painter?

Very nice. I always liked brandenburg concerto No. 5

youtube.com/watch?v=ZK6-x9sdEYo

I always like when this one gets posted

is russian art considered 'western'?

They always make her out to be some victim but the exhibitionist whore was basically looking for an excuse to ride around town buck ass naked and her peotest was largely ineffective because nobody but the perverts wanted to watch and who is going to stop a dumb bitch from taking her clothes off in public?

If western is another word for white/european, then I think so

Yeh it was painted by someone called Adolphe, what did you expect

Fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=B5Kn0tXYsmI

Anyone got some architecture?

I got this.

THICC Virgins

Saw this in the museum, with a little sculpture (by the same artist depicting the gladiator), was amazed at the work that must have gone into it and how somebody mastered such a thing.

There are many artists with talent in our current society I believe, but the art produced reflects the society we are in and usually ends up quite grotesque like our society itself. If we want good art again we must reform our society, for the deformed art did not usher in a crippled society, that is an anachronistic understanding of history.

Oh my god Rabbi Goldstein came in! Quick hide the children and throw gold coins for distraction

Schubert's Death and the Maiden
youtube.com/watch?v=2Yy9szBIKCw

Thank you for all the beautiful paintings you kindly gave us, when I go to el Prado in Madrid I really enjoy seeing all these paintings by Rubens, Rembrandt & co. specially pic related. Thank you once again m8

Russia covers such a huge area, both physically and genetically speaking.
There are certainly plenty of Russians in history I would consider white/western, but the Bolsheviks really fucked things up resulting in the death or expulsion of many of them.

this reminds me to "The idiot" from Dostoievski

Beautiful, and great creativity in adding that to the discussion!

London Symphony (3rd movement) by Vaughan Williams
youtube.com/watch?v=w51xQW6I90k
He did a lot to preserve tradition and English folk music.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nnuq9PXbywA

>tfw you will never be buried in armor

DELET

Get fucking over it you retarded burger. Thats how human fucking teeth look like, you plastic minded ape

Barber's Adagio for Strings
youtube.com/watch?v=cTtAo-iFscY

Art should be beautiful, even if what it's depicting is not...

youtube.com/watch?v=dJelOS-fjrY

the mona lisa

Dvorak's American Quartet, written while in the USA
youtube.com/watch?v=DxtAHpYIXdU

art movements or surrealistic styles are no excuse for low talent threshold. Dali painted from a fever dream, but did so with the skill of a old world master.

Oh Spain, not you too.
Why do so many European countries seem to have poor dental hygiene? This just won't do, you're better than this!

I have a poster of that on the wall right next to me

Art should, above everything else, raise the atmosphere of certain flavor. It should make u react emotionally to it.
Spectrum of those emotions is as big as existence it self.

Also OP is not a fagot this is great thread

Do not spank the statuary.

It's the fine, polished patina on so many great, beautiful statue bottoms that really says that, no matter what age or ideology, we are still human.

Who painted this? Reverse search is only giving me threads in 4chinz this was posted in

t. whiten my teeth because they said it was healthy

There you have it. You should feel. Joy, sadness, anger, whatever, but you should feel. You shouldn't need a guidebook to explain, and tell you what and how to feel. There should be a echo in your heart that additional knowledge will only help define.

and I agree, I wish both this was a daily thread, and I had a deeper backing in classical music...

Who said anything about whitening? They get pretty white just from standard hygiene like brushing and flossing every day.

The relatively recent "Vienna School of Fantastic Realism" is another fine example of this.

Unfortunately, modernity has had a terrible effect on art. Once art operated on many levels. You could be completely ignorant of what a particular piece is about and its history and its context but you could still appreciate it on a base level as a thing of beauty, meaning it catered for most anyone who would view it.

Today the majority of art has "ascended" to a supposedly higher cultural plane, only exploring concepts and abstraction and generally trying its hardest to be as obtuse as possible so people who think they're the bees knees of modern society can masturbate over objectively ugly things as they celebrate their own sense of self-importance.

I'm not saying there's no room for that level of thought and exploration in art, but at least frame it in a way that makes it accessible, like art has done for centuries. It just strikes me as an exclusionary tactic for pompous arseholes who aren't willing to put much effort or skill into their work.

Paul Jamin - Le Brenn et sa part de butin 1893

You win. Your the winner

Forgot image

Jackson Pollock is a pretty damn good painter tho