youtube.com/watch?v=y_J8IS89sCk&list=PL915D0F7E97656F26
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>greatest subjective thing
lmao

reminder to sage

Amen

No, Peter Green.
Also, you have to go back

Only good song he made is all along the watchtower. Everything else is mediocre.

Jimi Hendrix never played the race card like a fag.
Op BTFO
/thread
fpbp

I, like a majority of people here, have never heard one of his songs so I would say probably not.

All along the watch tower is a Bob Dylan cover.

Stevie Ray Vaughan is white

Jimmy Page is white.

>Nigger """music"""
>Best player is a nigger
No shit OP, what a surprise

Dammit, 1 digit away from quad 4's

merely plant's puppet

This is true.

He made some awful fucking noise with that fender.

He set distortion, overdrive and the rest into 11 to create a sound so unintelligible you couldn't notice he couldn't play the guitar.

>Van Halen
>Randy Rhoads
>Jimmy Page
>Eric Clapton
>Jeff Beck
So far I see no niggers

This

he could play clean too, i hope you realize that

his double stops were out of control, and his trash pop songs were just there for sensationalism

if you think he is overrated, he was way ahead of all the other names in the 70s except for maybe bta and other prog rock guys

>not Tommy Emmanuel
youtube.com/watch?v=pHj0lksA0KU

He might be the greatest guitarist of all time depending on what your benchmark is. Was he very influential? Yes, he was. Was he a great technician on the guitar? Yes, but in an unorthodox way. Could a very talented conservatory-trained electric guitarist play a D major scale faster and more cleanly than he could? I think so. Just don't bother telling me that Art Tatum was the greatest pianist of all time.

OP is retarded but led zep are cancer.

That is his worst song, and you can tell you have a normie if they mention this song. They only play this on the radio, if you actually listened to Jimi Hendrix you would know more of his work.

He's like half chink

so pleb

at least someone can select someone that does more than bend notes and play twelve bar blues.

imo Hendrix was the greatest ELECTRIC ROCK guitar player, but couldn't really hang in other genres. His shit was really hard to play because he had his own fingerings that involved the thumb and he played his guitar upside down. So basically his techniques were just very unorthodox and couldn't be imitated.

His hard stuff sounds deceitfully simple because he soloed with chord voicings most of the time and didn't just do shitty scale runs. His compositions were also incredible, and so far ahead of his time. He probably had the best sound technician for rock too.

Sorry I just really love Hendrix. It's all subjective, but I hate the way he is depicted. He was an amazing guitar player, give him props.

As far as politics goes, he basically told the entire thought process of the 70s to go fuck itself. He was his own man, you should give his lyrics a listen if you think otherwise.

youtube.com/watch?v=9u9cRkgwziw

not here to debate race shit, only hendrix's status. he was good, but by no means the best or even close. i reckon most mid-level heavy metal or prog rock lead guitarists could outdo him.
even with that in mind you still have to appreciate how influential he was. i do like some of his songs

no one cares

I would also like to add a caveat to my previous response. I would like to say that I am referring specifically to the electric guitar as used in rock music. Jimi Hendrix might be the greatest rock electric guitarist of all time. Classical guitar is an entirely different instrument, and I doubt Hendrix would have known what to do with one. The classical guitarists would have known what to do with the electric guitar, though. Whether Hendrix would have been great on a classical guitar we'll never know.

>reminder that the greatest guitar player of all time is a black man
Pfffttt

He was ahead of his time and an innovator, but he is FAR from the best guitarist. Malmstein and Skolnick makes him look like a little baby.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mylvwhy63bk
youtube.com/watch?v=r57gUjDe3jU

>at least someone can select someone that does more than bend notes and play twelve bar blues
Are you retarded? Van Halen and Rhoads? 12 bar blues?
someone loves bbc

offensive to musicians, hendrix was 90% shit. there are plenty of amazing black musicians though and if you look around and find a few then Sup Forums might have a hard time.

Dats right, and his name is lil wayne.

youtube.com/watch?v=y_goHl-GuNk
Hendrix's compositions don't even come close
Hendrix was sloppy but still great
youtube.com/watch?v=dQwwxiBjLzI

He was a great writer, but his guitar capabilities are barely above your average child student.

i was waiting for someone to mention Yngwie "how the fuck do you pronounce his name" Malmsteen

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimi_Hendrix

He had Indian and white ancestry.

Great grandfather was a rich (((merchant)))

Those guitarists would have had the benefit of Hendrix's influence, though, so it's hard to say. He was doing this stuff in the mid to late 60s. I don't think he was close to being the greatest technical player, but it's the influence in electric rock, like you said, that makes him so important.

dae else like REAL music xD

>greatest guitar player
>can't even hold a guitar the right way up
oh I am laughing

Ing-vey

>dadrock

Wes Montgomery was another great nigger guitarist. His work was in jazz though, so he doesn't get the credit that Hendrix does. Montgomery is a better guitarist than Hendrix, but it's apples to oranges when you're talking about jazz vs. rock.

Ok.....
youtube.com/watch?v=7gphiFVVtUI

Guy just fucked around and made random sounds. Ovverated bc flower child. Top 50 maybe.

See I like Jimi but...

I do love Hendrix's work.

>tfw jewtube btfo any chance of gen Z hearing his songs

JEFF BECK, THERE IS NONE HIGHER.

>Dylan is ( ( ( White ) ) )

i know im just taking the piss

Hmm...Chuck Berry and BB King?

Although Hendrix is a great creative guitarist, he wasn't very technically skilled. My vote goes to Ritchie Blackmore for all around best guitarist.

Won't even pull the Eminem card, cuz I just don't like his rap and Jimi was something else. They've got comedians, boxers, runners and golfers down too. I'd be worried I've they weren't still niggers at heart and therefore shit with money and everything else. Horrible at cycling and swimming too. Cops and English...not so good. This is still a white man's show faggots.

Yngwie Malmsteen isn't black

This

Gay. Clip your nails and incense really?

Reminder that when Jimi Hendrix was asked who he felt the greatest guitarist around was, he said Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top.

nah van halen was a badass, rest of the list though

rhodes was alright but he was an average speed player that had virtuoso sound

hendrix and van halen were two guys doing stuff no one else can do, van halen still retains that honor, so yeah you are right there

>Gay. Clip your nails and incense really?
Still a better guitarist than Hendrix.

yngwie malmsteen is white bruh

Not even top 25... Not even close to best of his era... Not even the best black guitarist...
What a terrible, uneducated bait thread. Just regurgitating dumb shit normies who know nothing about musical ability say. Jimi is probably the most overrated guitarist of all time.

I O M M I

Danny "The Humbler" Gatton is the greatest of all time. Look him up. And he's white..

ITT: technical wankers
shredding and being technical is one of the most overrated things I can think of
Gilmour BTFOs Malmsteens entire career with a few notes
youtube.com/watch?v=9pkh8zi_eic
youtube.com/watch?v=9pkh8zi_eic

He inspired more people to pick up a guitar than just about anyone, regardless of what you think of him, he is one of the greats.

This
A melodic guitarist btfo of any shredder

*sips tea*

Malmsteen is a meme. Being the most technically skilled guitarist is like being a realist painter, cool on the surface but totally devoid of thought or artistic creation.

>best at playing niggermusic invented by niggers
>couldn't write and conduct the greatest symphony and most well known song of human history while simultaneously being deaf

Of what use is this?

Cool! I didn't know Robert Fripp was black tho

there are literally 12 year old asian kids that have surpassed hendrix
he was good for his era, but he can't compete with the best modern guitarists

Jimmy Page

Technical playing and composing is what makes a guitarist good. Everybody has different tastes in music, so saying that a guitarist is one of the best because you personally like his music, is as subjective as you can get.

>reminder that the best guitarist of all time was a dirty sicilian

He is, and I won't deny how influential he was. As far as making people pick up guitar, Kirk Hammet has probably made just as many, if not far more people, start playing but I wouldn't say he is one of the best ever.
That distinction usually indicates technical ability and talent,. Not popularity.
And no I don't mean meme motherfuckers like Malmsteen. I mean Gilmour, Eric Johnson, melodic Buckethead.... Shit like that.

>dedicating your life to music noone listens to

No. Some of us know the difference between technique and musicality. Hendrix's technique was unusual, limited in some ways, but he was able to play what he wanted to play and many people responded to it. The original post says Hendrix was the greatest guitarist of all time. Even without a conservatory technique he could still be a great rock electric guitarist, maybe the greatest. I don't think technique is overrated, it is important depending on what you're trying to accomplish. If you're trying to play Villa-Lobos etudes, you had better have a huge technique.

slash is jewish.

The ultimate irony is that out of the two guitarists in that band since 1983, the one who actually has all the musical talent is Hetfield.

Yeah right op you fucking cackled

Better guitarists who are white:
The grateful dead
John Mayer
Ozzy ozborne
Bb king
Kurt cobain
Paul simon

Literally btfo

This. But also pic related.

It's just that he looked at the guitar like no one ever did before him. Just like Bruce Lee. The fact that they had a nice face didn't hurt either. After a lot of consideration my personal favorite is still David Gilmour.

>Ludwig Van Beethoven
>music nobody listens to
Ok

And this too.

I know... It's weird that he doesn't get the credit for his great rhythm because of Kirks wah pedal. James is legit amazing.

Eric Clapton > Jimi Hendrix

This is a technical argument. The chink kids might be able to play a lot of notes in a short amount of time very cleanly, but that isn't quite finally the point, is it? Otherwise, you'd see 12 year old Ching Chong Bong from Nanking selling records in the tens of millions, wouldn't you?

They only play bheethoven on liberal ass npr type stations so lol at supporting the jews you retard. Now go ahead and brag about your based 500tb mp3 player full of classical music for 5th graders and the mass effect soundtrack

>greatest guitar player of all time

Fuck off nigger.

Respect for knowing this, and for telling the truth.

>implying that's brendan small

sauce?

Eddie V. is a true innovator. Most influential guitarist of the 80's. Pure genius. Also Ritchie Blackmore.

thank you .

did you read me post this on the Sup Forums thread about him yesterday?

Eric Clapton is so fucking overrated. All he does is the most basic blues done better by black people 70 years ago

Checked and also good taste
>reminder that ted greene is the best WHITE guitarist of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=y_J8IS89sCk&list=PL915D0F7E97656F26

>"actually the best music is from cartoons. Heil Hitler"

>Beethoven
>Liberal
>NPR
>Jews
You needta get yourself an edumacation nigga.

Idiot leaf, jimmy had great songs before his final woodstock days

He was an average guitar player fucked out of his mind on weed, booze, and acid. Nothing more.
Not even the best BLACK guitar player. Not even close.

The difference is that despite being technically amazing, no one actually actually wants to listen to that shit. Musical talent is a hell of a lot more than playing shit really fast, maybe if you were older than 14 you would realize that. Want real talent? Look up Joe Pass.

Not the greatest, maybe the greatest rhythm guitar. Listen more. Jimi Hendrix took from Ike Turner. Follow the songs, not a lead, it's rhythm guitar with licks. That's what made him great.