Catholic Guilt

lapsed Catholic here. I appreciate the moral teachings that the Church has to offer, but I cannot reconcile myself with the enormous guilt complex that comes with being a Catholic. Almost all of what comes out of Pope Francis' mouth is humanitarian neo-marxist nonsense. He's more friendly towards muslims and jews than he is his own Catholics. He expects us to tolerate people who want to murder us, and to be ashamed if we don't. But this isn't just about the pope. It seems that the Catholic Church doesn't want its followers to be strong and healthy individuals. They want weaklings that will depend on them for everything and follow all of the pope's orders blindly. Any criticism directed at the pope or even a priest is met with reprisal among fellow Catholics. Being a real Catholic is a major life decision, and I have no interest in returning to the church I was baptized in if the clergy expects me to a "good little lamb" who can't make his own decisions. Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

historyandapologetics.com/2015/02/pope-francis-is-no-liberal-24-examples.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

catholicism is not true christianity.

just read your bible and follow god's words.

>catholicism is not true christianity.

it's difficult to believe that when you've been attending "the one true church" since childhood

Francis did nothing wrong. He is quoted out of context in the press in an op to make traditionalists hopeless and support sedevacantist shills

did Francis not just endorse race mixing in Europe recently? Or was that a misquote? Enlighten me, please

Catholicism is a cult, as well as Protestantism. Baptist King James Version only, or hell.

and Baptist sects aren't cultish?

You got a source?

Christianity and Catholicism are for cucks

You have this stupid guilt trip because the Catholic Church has an erroneous understanding of grace which transforms your relationship with God into this brutal, impersonal criminal court system.

Orthodoxy has the correct understanding on the basis of Theosis and uncreated grace as God's energies.

I'm am still struggling to rid my mind of this guilt trip as I am converting to Orthodoxy.

Christianity is really just Jew 2.0 - The true religion of civilization(s) were Greco / Roman belief structures.
>Little to no guilt - if you are alive zeus / jupiter is ok with you
>god(s) don't want you to constantly grovel on your knees and supplicate to them, instead they reasonably want you to offer them things - like any emotionally mature relationship (I give x your give y)
>gods have no special preoccupation with humanity or its fate - much the way you feel about salmon or white-tailed hawk
>gods are not interested in a "personal relationship with you"
>Interestingly, only humans can be noble and courageous because we face death (unlike gods who are immortal). This juxtaposition makes gods admire the 1% of humans that can live a courageous life, so they bestow gifts upon them
>gods generally hate 'unnatural' things, so Artemis would kill virgins / fags / people who harm children
>essential law: Know your place (mere human), and Everything in moderation

Codreanu was a true martyr. Too bad the Catholic Church's martyrs are so unheroic when compared to him

Catholics follow the Demiurge, that is why they killed all the Gnostics.

The Mother Mary is actually Sophia. The mother of the Demiurge.

what I also appreciate about Orthodoxy is its emphasis on nationality. Catholics in America don't care if we become colonized by Mexico because they're our "brothers in Christ" despite their interpretation of the religion being extremely different

I saw it on here a few weeks ago, but I can't find it. He said about how it's okay to mix races because the European races are getting old and dying

Become Orthodox

I haven't seen that so I can't comment. Here is a good source of Francis quotes regarding particular theological complaints against him
historyandapologetics.com/2015/02/pope-francis-is-no-liberal-24-examples.html

you are a fucking pussy

i don't believe your shitpost

>waaaah muh francis is a commie
His Holiness hasn't said or done anything controversial. You're obviously trying to worship Sup Forums shit along with Christ and experiencing cognitive dissonance. Either get with the program or fuck off and bow to the faggot frog god.

>I cannot reconcile myself with the enormous guilt complex that comes with being a Catholic.
There are two components to slavery:
1) The abolition of rights, especially property rights...
2) ... among a population with original sin, that is, the self-contradiction of a moral flaw that is not a choice but inhereted.

The first half is obvious; a slave cannot be afforded rights. The second, however, is necessary to maintain a slave population, by designating all descendants of slaves not as innocents but as new slaves.

Make no mistake about what it means when you are told you have ancestral guilt. It means someone intends to own your ethnicity as property.

I will give this some thought. But whether Francis approves or not, interracial marriage is becoming increasingly common in the church

we have a pope who says to let migrants in despite security concerns after a priest in Normandy had his throat slit by one. This pope is either insane, suicidal, or both

I've been told by clergy that nationalism is heretical. Tell me, who do you have in more in common with? Your countrymen, or Catholics in the Philippines or the Congo?

elaborate on what you mean by ancestral guilt. Who's telling me I have it? The church?

I know that the orthodox church does not teach the doctrine of original sin, which is one of the reasons I'm considering converting to it.

Orthodoxy teaches the doctrine of 'Ancestral Sin':

we are fallen because our human ancestors sinned. But we do not inherit the guilt of our ancestors, Adam and Eve. We are just left with the effects of their sin.

Yes. The pre-reformation Church were the masters of birth-guilt and fake news. Martin Luther made them clean up their act a bit, but the Catholic Church is still fundamentally rotten, especially in mainland Europe where its oldest core remains.