Just work your hands to the bone

>just work your hands to the bone
>be a good goy
>just go get a job
youtube.com/watch?v=HHIUNbD1PiI

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_education_system
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Americans still pay retarded amounts of money even for mid-tier college in 2017
For what purpose? Education in Europe costs like $2k a year for foreign students.

Union teachers i think

Fuck off, Ivan.

Why so agressive? I genuinely don't understand the situation. I doubt that people who whine about student loans are Harvard alumni. Might as well get your diploma in Germany or Czech Republic if you aren't going to study in top Anglo universities.

We don't like your commie types around here, Ivan.

Why would you want to go to an American college if you don't like commies?

Because the US government subsidizes college loans, Univerisities are able to raise the price knowing the loans will always be given and they will be payed.

he's got you there clapistani

DESTROYED

Yeah, I understand how the mechanism works. I don't understand why people still pay for college with inflated prices when there are alternatives that are sometimes literally 50 times cheaper. It's understandable if people are willing to put themselves in debt to get into a top Ivy college because regardless of education it's still prestigious but most people who default on their student loan debts get their education at shitty colleges nobody have even heard about outside their state.

You got him there

Why would you get a faggot degree if it's not worth the loan?

No, you don't understand: the American taxpayers need to bear the burden of my poor decisions. For reasons.

Because its a "human right" for me to get a higher education.

>not going to cc and transferring into an actual degree that pays off.

>2017.
>Not working for yourself.
Inflation is way too high to consider leeching off a boss.

>(((working)))

They need to bear the burden of a lie that was told to an entire generation, and then conveniently declared non-dischargable by the same people that sold the lie in the first place.

Go to college, they said. You'll get a good job, they said. It's a trillion dollar bait and switch perpetrated against an entire generation, and as an American you should be outraged.

You have to undeestand the American mentality. College is pushed on everysingle person in high school (unless you're a nigger). Counslers in high school will you give you advice on going to college, they don't know anything about real jobs.

It's socially strange to NOT go to college after highschool, like you're poor or a loser (I'm not saying that's how I view it, only how most people view it).
It's only recently that people have started to notice and doubt the college meme. Maybe in 5 years the social expectations will shift, but for now we're still riding on the 90's norms about college.

Do American cartoons really have to show their message so clearly?

sick bantz

10/10 very nice

It's a norm everywhere. I was told by my parents that people who don't go to college end up working at a junkyard or whatever. Even China passed the landmark of 40% enrolled in tertiary education this year. I don't understand why Americans don't study abroad, it's cheaper. Even I would be able to afford studying in Germany after saving for a year or two and my salary is nowhere near what Americans make.

>tfw when graduated at top 1 latin america engineering university and make $1300/mo.
Americans have it good. And complain a lot. If you spend $1k a month you can still save $27k on a $39k year salary. Even if you have a "5-figure debt meme" you can pay it in 2-4 years. And the interest must be so low. Here loans may have 40%~200% yearly interest rates.
Not defending Gender Studies Degrees...Just putting into perspective that an Affirmative Action 80-IQ Nigger graduated in Gender Studies have it better than an Blue Eyed Blonde Engineer from Latin America.

Yes because if they don't it ends up like Horsey's testosterone new face of the republican party where nobody understands what the author was trying to say and the people that he's trying to bait just nod and say "Yeah that's accurate".

>It's a norm everywhere
This, I think my parents would disown me if I didn't acquire higher education like they did

There is a reason why HE created 'Work Camps'

The funnier part is the people who get into that type of debt and end up with a fucking pointless degree.

don't you need to know german though if you want to study there?

Because people don't think shit through.

>And now we come to your final lesson: Willingness to learn doesn't mean learning.

The university I was considering required auf Wiedersehen tier German. They provide language courses once you arrive there. I'm pretty sure there are courses that are purely in English, those are more expensive but still a lot cheaper than American college.

because they are retarded. I warn people all the time, they never listen.

>do well in high school
>get scholarships
>go to a cheap state college while living at home
>get out in four years
>debt payed off in a year with the job i got out of college
i bet these FUCKWITS moved halfway across the country and paid $50,000 a year for powerpoint presentations and a room for four years ahahahahahaha

fpbp. Fucking this x100

would you rather pay 80k for sociology degree or pay 80k for nursing degree. cunts just don't get it

This is actually a good point but I think it has something to do with degrees from those countries not working in the US and people not knowing about or how to go about studying abroad.

Texas is right, this is a large part of the problem here. NO information is given about the alternatives such as trade schools. As soon as you graduate you're expected to go to college and it is the only things stressed in high school. That or the military but that a whole other conversation

In my early 30s now. Didn't get the point of going to college and incurring a ridiculous amount of debt. Actively worked out of high school and have accumulated rental properties.

Moved across country. Married with kids. Bring in roughly 80k a year over 120k with wife's income included. No debt except 2 mortgages which are payed by rental properties. Own 2 vehicles. Have 3 bank accounts each over 10k. In Bitcoin since 2013. In ethereum since 2016.

>>Mom still feels it's necessary to tell me to go get my degree because without one I will eventually go broke and be unemployable.

The meme is strong in the US about collage. Biggest lie out there imo. It is a debt trap and a way to enslave hundreds of thousands of people to shit tier jobs.

This so much. I feel it should be mandatory in high school to take 4 years if a trade in order to graduate.

Imagine every person in America came out of high school equipped with a trade to enter the workforce and pursue a college education while working their trade.

I think there is a reason this and financial management are left out of the education system and it's not because its worthless knowledge. Quite the opposite.

Do you mean highschool + 4 years of trade or highschool with 4 years of trade combined?

I think if you score less than 1000 on the SAT you should not be allowed to go to college and forced to go to trade school. To many people in trades would over-saturate the market

>study abroad

Even a shitty American university tends to rank above most foreign ones. Also most people are retarded and don't go in-state, and there are as many as 4 million foreign students at American colleges inflating the costs because it has become a jewy for-profit scheme.

Even in Britain now we're ending up with people getting into >£50K of student debt, with interest rates this year at up to 6.1%, I know it's not a real loan but having half the population in that kind of debt before they even get started is absolute madness.

>whiiiiite and eduuuucated

Yes but Brazil is a semi-African semi-Latin shithole so of course it would suck. You guys couldn't even do fascism right.

The reason is that 'muh college' is a RACKET in the U.S.A. and unions, unis, booksellers, beaurocrats are totally in bed together and encircle the whole game. Would THEY want you to get a foreign degree?
I go to a bottom-tier university in Washington DC. All colleges have a strong incentive to bring in foreign (read saudi) students, subsidized by both governments to attend at an even HIGHER rate than out-of-state.
if education was a stock I would be shorting it.

I don't know what it's like elsewhere in Europe but in the UK foreign (that is non-EU for the time being) students are used as a cash cow and face very hefty fees.

100% agree with you. Financial management can be an elective and the trade class can either be an elective or a Saturday class, depending on the students needs. It can also be a mandatory extracurricular.

If you're entering student in an engineering field, be sure to look for pdf copies of your books every semester. Will save you thousands, and ctrl+f is also infinitely better than a physical copy

t. still 80k in debt

in my experience, college is a dating platform for women
they never allowed us to make friends with other guys, and forced us to work with women

>borrowing ridiculous sums of money
>complaining when you have to pay it back

Americans are truly niggers.

There is no America anymore. K-12 selectively bred us all into Prussian serfs. Your masters laugh at your petty moaning. You happily went along with this slavish, brutish system and only bitch when it's time to pay the piper. Just clap at the brain damaging football and marry a behavior policing whore like a good little pleb.

Don't like debt? Don't take a loan.

>2017
>Taking out private loans for your education
>Having children when you still have student debt

The entire compulsory school system is geared to push kids into college or dead end slave jobs. Your "I'm smarter than you" narcissistic attitude is what the rulers count on to keep the system running.

> Sup Forumsbitches about how irresponsible it is when people dont have kids
> Sup Forums bitches about people having kids before they pay off debts, even though they/their wives will hit sterility decades before anything is paid off

i know you're not a monolithic entity, but make up your mind guys.

I never believed the "white genocide" Sup Forums meme. Its not a policy so much as the wide ranging racket that mentioned managed to erode the 1950s american dream into unaffordability

Or you could just go to community college.

This, they want you to be an autistic serf that only breeds post 30's to pass on your autism forever.

Community college is for plebs. If you miss out on Greek Life you WILL be a pleb with no connections for life. The whole university system is a representation of the old Roman way of ruler-ship. The elite go to Greece for a real education, while the plebs are forced to live off their propaganda and welfare grain.

>taking 4 years in uni for an art degree
well thats what you get

I did. Every position i apply to wants 2-5 years experience for "entry level."

Apparently the answer is companies need to shut the fuck up and train their employees, or community college actually needs to actually teach skills.

seems like im doing fine with a 2 year engineering degree, can't help that you picked a shit major

Eggsackedly

what study did you end?

This is the most retarded fucking thing I've ever seen. Not only did they fucking ACCEPT the loan and APR on that loan, they did not bother to fucking research the area of study they wanted a degree in to see what the job market was like. Pic is fucking retarded and blame falls on the idiot who accepted a student loan without doing the very fucking thing that they will be doing in school: research

If you're doing fine with your college degree why did you even make this thread? I've never seen less than a bachelors in the engineering job descriptions. Define "fine."

Most college programs in the US aren't even that expensive, what most of these idiots building up massive amounts of dept are doing is:
>Going to out of state schools without realizing that can quadruple what you pay
>Not getting general education out of the way in a community college for almost nothing
>Live on campus without realizing how much everything is costing them
>Purchase all of their textbooks and class materials new instead of exploring other options
>Switch their degree programs on a whim and end up in school years longer than necessary
>Don't both looking into scholarships or grants at all
>Applying for ridiculous private student loans before exploring subsidized options

automotive was totally a shitty choice. I guess there aren't cars everywhere that need some sort of repair. I guess they just aren't that important to americans and I should have studied theatre arts if I wanted a real job.

I dont need fucking 6 figures. I dont even need to be salaried. I would just like to pay rent and buy food, and maybe go out to a bar once a month. but apparently that doesn't exist anymore, for anyone.

you don't even need a 4 year degree to be a manufacturing engineer, same as you don't need a comp sci degree to work in tech necessarily.

look up PLC technicians and the like. Will always be in demand, can work in any industry, be a biomedical tech at a hospital whatever

salaries range from 20-35/hr depending on job/industry. obviously manager and higher positions pay more

[spoiler]I was bored when I made this thread[/spoiler]

Stop talking about that here you dense fuck. The only reason we make this kind of money is it's an open secret.

Interest is usury and usury is unearned income. It's a gib for the kikes. You can't be anti-welfare and pro-usury and remain logically consistent.

Going to a foreign school will likely make it hard to get a job in the US unless its historically well known like a couple in the UK. There is a mostly accurate belief that foreign schools are much lower quality than US schools.

Nigger there is such a shortage in our field we will always be fine. No joke about the open secret though

My sides are destroyed, well done Vadim

From what I've heard, they also fail to do networking, doing short-term internships for experience or - again - networking, and similiar.
They get out of college, and wait for a job to fall into their laps. Only it doesn't, so they sit aroudn and wait for better times, without taking a lower entry position "below" their status, but able to get them into their field and promoted (if they would be good enough workers to warrant that, so no dice for most of them.). No, really, that last point I'm serious about. Pareto principle - 20% of the people, get 80% of the work done. And unless they are dipshit retarded, they also get a much higher pay. Thing is, college is for this "top 20" percentage. The ones that push forward. Instead they push even the biggest dregs into it, who just aren't able to work as needed.

IT used to be that way. Then they pushed for coding classes in public school and made tons of articles espousing all the money you could make in network admin jobs. Now they give 2/3'rds to pajeets and pay peanuts to the rest. Even engineering is all contract bullshit with no benefits.

This. I graduated college with a BS in Biochemistry with zero student debt due to academic scholarships. Im now in medical school and projected to have close to 300k in loan debt by the time im done, but this is pretty normal in the US

That spur of the moment stupidity is literally beat into them in K-12. They are trained like animals to go with the flow and never think for themselves. You're pointing and laughing at a slave's misery.

I'm not worried about it, most people don't want to work in manufacturing as is. and pajeets want to be "real engineers"

my college is doing a coop program with a lot of manufacturers in the region including a major automotive company and they can't recruit enough people to fill the openings and push p hard

doubt people will suddenly start rushing into it

well, keep in mind that we make 16-17 year olds shop for college. This is frequently the first major financial decision they ever make, and of course they're going to fuck it up without guidance.

A 17 year old is going to feel pressured by their parents and 12+ years of schoolhouse conditioning to go to college, even if now isn't the right time. A 17 year old has no goddamn clue what APR is, how loans even work, or even that subsidized options exist. ((they)) are selling a lifetime of crippling debt to children who dont know any better.

At least Joe Camel came with surgeon general's warnings.

>doubt people will suddenly start rushing into it

That's what they all say...

Is this comic implying that it's the students fault?

Mate no one wants to work on the plant floor anymore. there's a reason there is a trades shortage. people don't want to do manual labor. Also certain plants dealing with oil and shit, they have to clean up a chemical spill and they're like fuck this.

>doubt people will suddenly start rushing into it

>its an occupation that pays more than minimum wage
>steady schedule
>not food service

you must have a really rosy look of the economy to think that people wouldn't rush into that.

I'm up against stiff competition in this field. You must live in a gray area or something. It's been pretty hard for me to get a job. Did you get in pre-2008?

Somewhat, but this isn't something I would pin entirely on the students. A lot of it comes down to differences in culture, some come down to changes in our job market. In the US I feel like internships are largely seen as a way to get your foot in the door with a company, not as something you do for the experience itself. So people will sometimes pass up potentially useful internships because they don't see themselves ever working for that company as their career.

There is also the issue that the opportunities often times just aren't even there, following the market crash college students found themselves competing with experienced workers for internship positions. Only recently have things finally started getting better in that regard, but that doesn't really help the people who went through college and were never able to get anything.

5 figure doesn't sound too bad if it's like 50.000 it's only like 400k here

>be me
>graduate with a 5-figure debt
>get an entry level job
>drive a shitty car, sit on drug store deck furniture
>have to spend $$ eating lunch with co-workers, skip other meals
>work extra hours
>get promotions
>buy less shitty car
>buy less shitty furniture
>keep paying off debt
>eventually get in the clear, put same money aside to buy a house
>a few years later buy a house

You fags think college was free in the last generation?
Bullshit, everyone had student loans.
It's just that they weren't pussies about having to live a harder life to pay it off.

You want to have all the cool things while you are young and don't want to work for them.

I do live in a gravy area desu. No. There is just a lot of retiring and having a major automaker in the area really helps. A lot of suppliers & the automaker itself

what exactly are you looking for? E&I? Maintenance? The industry I've found with the most requirements is food production, and they want HVAC knowledge most of the time, or boiler knowledge for beverages.

well 5 years in the industry + college and companies can't hire enough people... yea I don't think people are lining up to work in a factory.

College today costs like five times what it did 20 years ago, nice try at feeling superior though.

>Choose to go to college and accumulate debt.
>Choose to go to college for studies in job field that is imaginary. "Women's Studies"
>Surprised when you get out and you cant find a job paying well enough to pay back said debt.

His parents started out with nothing, at a nothing job, saved up from that nothing job, and bought a house, and continued from their. The problem with the younger generation is they want it all now and nothing later.

So instead of buying homes they rent, and then complain they want a home but cant afford it when in reality the rent they are paying could be spent as monthly house payments, but they would rather live in the city then the rural areas where it is affordable.

I am pretty late in life myself, slow start to growing up, no college, bad jobs, nearly died but back on my feet and I am looking to buy a small home for low and later in life if I want to upgrade, rent out said home.

Interest is slavery. Anyone who's even zoned out to a documentary or two knows that. I feel bad for people who were forcefully brainwashed into it in K-12, but fags like you that still defend it are natural born slaves to be used and abused. You grew up int the pre-2008 economy. Gold fell from the sky back then.

I have interviews, but there is always someone with experience to trump me. Only graduated two months ago though.

>Even though I'm now legally an adult, I can't make loan decisions.
>I was tricked into buying a worthless degree at an insane cost, despite that I could easily look up how much the degree was worth, and how much the degree costs.
>I am not responsible for my actions.

You know what I did? I found a college with manageable costs, took 5 years instead of 4 so that I could get a job to pay those costs, I got internships over the summer to network, I got a degree in something useful, and graduated with 0 debt, and a six figure salary offer. Now that's probably your best case, but it wasn't hard to do.

if your school didn't offer coops/work study, idk man. What area do you live in?

>College today costs like five times

what else did you pull out of your ass today?
don't tell me, I really don't want to know

pretty wise words here, user.

Why you even need to go to college as a requirement for every shit tier job? Why not adopt something like the German system, where you have jobs you can learn at companies while you going to a trade school.

You even get money from the company where you learn your profession while you gain work experience instead of looking at power point presentations. If you weren't too dumb you even get fully employed by the company after your examination.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_education_system

>be college age
>have latest cell phone
>have unlimited data plan
>have laptop
>have internet plan
>have netflix plan
>have video game console, 20 games
>have mmo subscription
>get starbucks every day

"College is for suckers, there's no way to pay off all that debt! That's why I'm going to keep working at the 7/11, losers!"