Mel Gibson

Mel Gibson thread !

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SqI6-JWzeRs
youtube.com/watch?v=-PjWVUWlJDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you mean he rejects the "second vatican"?

bump

Poo poo wee wee gf pls

What's the second Vatican?

bump

>smoloko

accent on the lo

>insure

look it up.. second vatican council is basically the church gathering to decide on certain issues.. one of the main issues was reaffirming the pascal mystery.

He reject the modern Catholic Church. He's still a true catholic, like before the 60s (latin, all that stuff)

The Second Vatican Council was a Council where they decided to fuck up Catholic traditions and replace them with modernist trash.

Why is this so significant and why is Mel against it? Isn't it a good thing that the Vatican is trying to create Christians again?

My last pic

believe me, they hate every kind of christianity.

Mel Gibson speaks the truth about Zionest Jews
youtube.com/watch?v=SqI6-JWzeRs

the unnecessary sequel to a trash franchise

christcucks

Why do this though? Wouldn't it benefit the church if they continued to create more traditional Catholics?

Why go the liberal route and try to appeal to a bunch of people that could care less (liberals)

None of this answers my question. I'm going to assume it's a good thing I guess.

He made a movie, "Get the Gringo" a few years back that never saw theaters. It's pretty good.

Good, them you just end up in Hell. No biggy..

How can one man be so based?

Kek @ that merchant

Didn't I answer it? They replaced the traditional and beautiful Latin mass with some hippie bullshit.
They thought people were leaving the Church because the Church was too traditionalist, so they tried to get the people to come back by 'revamping' the mass. Huge mistake.

Because it didn't seem that way to people at the time (early 60s). Liberal churches die very rapidly. Mainline Protestant churches literally are on the verge of not existing because of the very same thing.

The Church continues down this path because people in the hierarchy are sympathetic to it, it gets very positive coverage, and because it appeals to non whites.

The Church was in the process of backtracking in many ways. Neo conservative theologians like JPII and moreso Benedict were beginning to legitimize the old ways, which were growing rapidly as the modernists were declining.

Francis threw a wrench in all that and so here we are.

>Catholic religion of 1963 years before the Second Vatican
>Catholic religion is older than Christianity itself.
Why are Christians so fucking stupid?

>They thought people were leaving the Church because the Church was too traditionalist, so they tried to get the people to come back by 'revamping' the mass.

This could actually be a good thing. When Pope Francis finally relinquishes his role, there will more than likely be a huge shift back to traditionalism. Hopefully, this will spur a backlash towards it like recent politics have. Doing this, hopefully we can begin merging branches of the faith towards a much more conservative and traditional "relapse". I think people are craving that more than ever.

Again, you're doing an awful job trying to convince people this is bad. I'm pretty sure you're controlled opposition that supports the 2nd Vatican.

1900 years ago?
right...

he's already rich, why doesn't he just go 1488 and halp us..what does he care if hollywood black lists him anymore..like he could make some actual truthful WW2 movies

Mel Gibson is alpha.

He is trying to make sequel to passion, he knows what he is doing.

That would be sooooooo fine... Sadly, a dream

Because he is a fucking autist who doesn't belive in anything solid enough to fight for

>why doesn't he just go 1488 and halp us.

You are so unbearably naive. Let me guess, you'd gladly be one of those faggets marching at those Charlotte rallies, wouldn't you?

He's doing more of the "white cause" than you ever will (and not by making himself look like a Nazi, even though he obviously believes a lot of what they stood for.)

it has nothing to do with being a nazi
and no I wouldn't be one of those people, but I care about my race and think every race should, and I know who is responsible for freedom and the west and it isn't anyone brown

>all that stuff

Private Catholic school fag here. From what I remember in high school, they removed Latin to make the religion more accessible to other languages (Which is the logical thing to do). But what is (((all that stuff))) you're talking about?

I'm appreciative of Mel's movies, and more importantly, naming the J-O-O. But cmon man, for being such an intense Catholic, isn't it painfully easy to point out his divorce and children out of wedlock? Not my beliefs, but a hypocrite is a hypocrite is a hypocrite.

As i already said, he couldn't make a movie for 8 years, he is trying to make sequel to passion and then who knows what he might make. He should avoid pissing off joos if he wants to use their playground even against them.
I personaly dislike the non latin mass, so did tolkien, i love his attitude towards change, since it happened during his lifetime. If you wanna know real important changes in vatican II, you can check on wikipedia there is a page there. Its a bit hard to read as there is a lot and its very hard to understand, but for most people its incredibly significant and damaging, which does seem to be true.

BASED

youtube.com/watch?v=-PjWVUWlJDo

>being a catholic in any age

fuck no

>1963 years before V2
Eh? The Roman Catholic Church separated itself from the Orthodox Catholic Church in the 11th century, when it implemented doctrinal changes that the other patriarchates deemed heretical. Whether or not you agree with the charge of heresy, the point is that it's doctrine changed over time. Orthodox doctrine did not, the clue is "Orthodox".
Luther rejected some of these changes, either reverting to orthodox interpretation, or new/revised interpretations of his own (Protestants are closer to Orthodoxy than they are to the Romantic church).
The Roman Church wasn't compromised. The Roman Church was the consequence of the Church being compromised. That set off a chain-reaction of sub-schisms. The other patriarchates largely avoided this internal unravelling. While differences exist, they're in far closer communion with each other than any are with Rome, or than Rome is with its own schismatics.

Bizarre interpretation of history.

Mel had drink and drug's issues. Like other people I like : Jack Kerouac, Johnny Cash... They had issues, but fought against them, and defended their views. That's the most important according to me.

>"traditional Catholic"
>traditional
>tradition
>Catholic
Literally a synonym for "orthodox". The correct term is The Orthodox Catholic Church. They apply almost as much significance to *tradition* as they do to the Gospels (and Romanists condemn them for it while praying to Mary).

So to be "Orthodox" is to be anti-Catholic (modernist Catholicism)?