JPMC patents "Interprocess communication"

Link: arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/09/jp-morgan-chase-just-got-a-patent-on-basic-app-communications/
Archive: archive.is/HJ2Dg

Chinaman here. It should be no secret to Americans that Chase is in bed with the Chinese government. Not too long ago Chase was fined under US's Foreign Corrupt Practices Act for giving positions to the unqualified children of China's officials as a form of bribery.

The point of overly broad patents like this one is to tip the scales in favor of China. Chinese companies steal whatever they so please because good luck trying to enforce copyright laws in a place like China, however Americans who respect the rule of law will feel intimidated by the implicit threat of costly litigation, thus stifling innovation all across the board.

Someone trying to help America in China would probably end up in some underground political prison, yet banks trying to help China in the US actually get bailouts. How is US not the most cucked country on the face of the planet?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/09/jp-morgan-chase-just-got-a-patent-on-basic-app-communications/
patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=9,747,468.PN.&OS=PN/9,747,468&RS=PN/9,747,468
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lolol wat Obama's America Invents Act wasn't enough to give away all our technology to China?

say whole OP again please but in spanish

The key provision of the AIA is:
>Applicants that do not publish their inventions prior to filing receive no grace period.

Thus people are incentivized to publish their inventions for Chinese companies to steal.

ay dios mio!

Yup. Effectively first to file rather than first to invent, so the Chinese patent trolls can publish first and then have the patent rights.

Will be closing my Chase account soon.

Their fees are terrible.

You haven't switched to local credit union yet? You might need to shop a bit to avoid fees, but they're pretty tits in general.

Good, now you won't be "Chase"ing after your own money!

>arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/09/jp-morgan-chase-just-got-a-patent-on-basic-app-communications/

Pretty amazing patent.

I still remember when eBay tried to patent a thumbnail, lol

Nice umbrella patent. Mine is bigger. Guess Chase is up next on my lawsuit schedule.
God, I love the uspto.

Patents and patent enforcement/protection are retarded. Discuss

Original Sup Forums thread for those interested

>Chase

Fucking patent trolls, Sup Forums we should definitely add this to the list of shit we have to fix because nobody else will

>Patent a program talking to another program
>70 years after kernels made
this is getting retarded fast

I'm not entirely seeing the connection to this patent and China here. Obviously Ameritards are going to be too intimidated to innovate anything and JPMC is in bed with China and its govt.

Can someone please explain the finer points of Chinese or Global IP/Patent law? How does the threat of patent infringement in the US correlate to China?

Chase's logo is the shape of an asshole. Guess what is happening to you as a client of that institution.

How is this not clear? Chinese companies don't care about copyright law whereas American companies do. The implicit threat of costly litigation over anything gives the advantage to those who don't care.

Originally opened the account as a secondary account, just for the $300 bonus.

Got tricked into using it as my main account because they have a branch at 300 Hamilton. Two blocks away from the Palantir office.

>secondary account
Wise man. Kinda sucks when one of your accounts gets shut down or has a hold put on it or whatever else.

Why would Chase be incentivized to give this IP away to China though? If Chinese companies, developers, etc. are able to use app-app communication whereas those in the US are not, how does this benefit Chase and their end game?

>Why would Chase be incentivized to give this IP away to China though?
They are not giving it away, they are trying preventing Americans from using it without disadvantaging themselves.

>how does this benefit Chase and their end game?
Politically speaking, Chase is the kind of company that stands to benefit were there no such thing as rule of law.

>Chase is the kind of company that stands to benefit were there no such thing as rule of law.

more like the exact opposite. without laws, shit like this wouldn't even be enforceable

> without laws, shit like this wouldn't even be enforceable
Things like this aren't enforceable due to prior art, however Chase is abusing the system.

I still don't understand how preventing the US from using this while encouraging it in China benefits Chase. I can see why Chase would benefit from not having rule of law, but how does this foster the inevitable global takeover from China in terms of IP and Chase's game plan?

bump

what brain dead patent offices grants a patent on inter process communication?!

The USPTO. Chase is in bed with the federal reserve and the US govt. in general.

Bump for actual news. This elite anti-nationalism is a far more damaging economic threat than the over-lamented risks of protectionism.

>Chinaman here

Let me guess
You are a diaspora

What's even the point though?

It sounds like millions of applications do this. So what's even the point of patenting it? For what purpose? They can't shut everyone down.

That's the point. Since its such a common, wide-spread procedure, Chase claiming ownership of it gives them even more immeasurable power than they already do. Technically speaking Chase can sue any company or developer who utilizes this app-to-app communication because in the eyes of the law, they invented and own this process.

I hate these laws that are like

>Well. We know that about 25% of the population of the USA does this. But we simply don't have the manpower to go after that many people, so we're going to go after 10 people and throw the book at them.

Every single law that works that way needs to be abolished.

The only laws that should be on the books are the ones where if you're caught breaking them, you're fucked. If the law knowingly and willfully refuses to prosecute 99% of all cases of a specific crime, they need to stop prosecuting 100% of the cases and just admit defeat on that front.

The question is whether or not Chase is actually going to sue everyone up the ass. My guess is probably not but the fact that they have the power to is really fucking concerning.

why is burgerland so god damn corrupted?

Because we wait to hang people until we have just been totally disgusted with them. We are about there. Invest in hemp (rope).

Power corrupts. Burgerland is tremendously powerful. No surprise.

The fact that copyright, intellectual property and patent rights exist in the way they currently do, and in 20 fuckin 17, is mindblowing to me. The entire branch of intellectual property can pretty much be considered the cancer that is destroying modern humanity. The fact that they have an ever-extending age due to constant lobbying isn't helping either. At least one of the few good things of the EU is that they constantly go against such companies and slap them with antitrust/whatever they manage to shit out so they can fine them and moderate their expansion, because the US is just too corrupt to do so anymore.

Patents and copyright are antithetical to a free market.

wtf why is there 12 spam threads of this on Sup Forums and here

>Chase sues some operating system maker like Microsoft, Apple, or Google
>All of these companies have lawyers of their own
>Easily point out that IPC has been around since 1983 (BSD 4.2)
>Chase gets their patent revoked (because prior art) and has to pay the legal fees of whomever they tried to sue

we have to patent patents and then place everything in the public domain

>implying Chase is dumb enough to sue a company as big as Apple or Google and get their patent revoked

My guess is they're going to target start-ups and less powerful tech companies who couldn't even fathom of fighting this in court. They've already gobbled plenty of fintech companies and control most of the world as it is through finance. This is just the next step to exerting more power and control. If anything this is their way of getting on par with Microsoft, Facebook, Apple, Google, and Amazon.

There aren't a lot of startups making operating systems, and all of those companies I mentioned have a vested interest in such a case not going unchallenged.

This isn't just limited to operating systems. This is the entire process of any app talking to another app. If anything, the original patent seems to imply that it's all mobile apps except operating systems, but the language is so vague it could mean any program running executable assembly code on a processor. If a judge finds it to include OS's then we're all fucked because that would imply Chase owns the process of just opening and running all mobile programs.

patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=9,747,468.PN.&OS=PN/9,747,468&RS=PN/9,747,468

Patenting something that already exists?

They patent your genetics, so why not?

US patent law operates on a first file basis. Whoever files the patent first owns the idea or thing regardless of who originally invented it.

I think you remedied your own problem.

White people are the only ones who respect the rule of law and it is a noose around your neck.

When the rule of law is gone then the rule of life will take hold of this land. And that rule states that if you fuck me I will kill you.