Christians BTFO with one sentence!

>If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful

Why can't Christcucks understand this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_superposition
kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-Chapter-5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>OP is always a faggot
Why can't you understand this?

Decapitation is so hot.

Because what you're not understanding is that the Bible shouldn't be interpreted literally rather to understand that to be godly is to be what is admireable and what works on a societal level.

God is simply a place holder for the target which we all aim to hit and to be godly or walk with god is to follow the path that works for yourself, for your family then for your community and so on and so forth.

I hope this helps.

>Bible shouldn't be interpreted literally

>If God is all-powerful He cannot be good
Wrong and saged

But that's not a city folk, that's a turkish abomination whose parents were brother and sister.

the best case against god is niggers existing at all. even a purely sadistic god wouldn't wish that on us.

If God was all-powerful but he allowed children to get cancer, then he cannot be good.

Is the boy who has an ant farm evil because he doesn't give a shit about what the individual ants do, but that the collective whole keeps creating intricate little structures.

>not having the mental capacity to understand that God is a cosmic scientist

Why would I care about what you believe is good? If you deny God and His rightful place as the arbiter of all things good then I have no reason to care about anything you have to say on the matter. It would be better to simply kill you.

The Creator gave stewardship of the Earth to Lucifer before the rebellion. The "god" of the earth right now is literally Satan, and will be until Christ's Return. The "Prince of the power of the air" uses media to corrupt minds. Not living according to the Creator's Will corrupts the body.
The all powerful, loving Creator doesn't want us to suffer. But if we reject Him, we do.
Don't worry. It will all be sorted out upon the return of our Redeemer.

>What is freewill
>Quoting BvS's Luthor unironically

lmao imbicile.

Free will, you (((atheist))) degenerate faggot.

>Bible shouldn't be interpreted literally
So the Bible is completely meaningless then and subject to whatever flavour-of-the-month interpretation you want?

pain, death, and communists exist because sin was born into the world. God created the world but Satan runs it until the battle of armageddon.

>When a deadshit cultural Christian athiest pleb tries to dictate absolute bollocks

God doesn't give a shit brah. He's an all powerful concept who gives negative infinitely no fucks.

Define good.

>implying free will can exist if there is an omnipotent creator
Why can you retards not understand something so simple?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_superposition

Obviously the Bible is a collection of many books and texts, it's absurd to take everything as a whole literally, there's lots of symbolism and allegory in there and really needs to be understood in it's context.

>kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-Chapter-5/
>10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
>11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake

Thank you, OP.

If Christianity is so bad, then Western Civilization must be bad, except it isn't, it's fucking awesome, so Christianity is good.

Because lots of lefty assholes identify as "atheist Jew" or "atheist Muslim," I choose to identify as atheist Christian. I don't agree with Christianity on a theological level but I figure somewhere in their mythology and/or morality is solid fucking gold.

>God has unsurpassed, incomparable power, which to our simple matter-based brains is "all-powerful"
>There is no objective set of rules defining (((good))) that God is subject to, there is nothing above him or anything equal that could "check" his power
>"If God has wronged me, in what court of law shall I accuse him? Who shall be a mediator judge between Him and I?" -Book of Job
Good is whatever the Being on top decides it is. To be good is to follow the will of the most powerful. Sorry to drop that blackpill but it is reasonable truth.

>This is what Protestants actually believe
Kek digits confirm this belief system results in maximum chaos potential and needs to be saged from reality.

also this

Im not religious but this argument can easily be defeated based on the fact that a human couldnt possibly understand the motives of an all powerful being

Like every other fucking book.
FFS those old story's passed by person to person for millennia and later written down by some random ass individual.
Of course they shouldn't be taken literally you dumbass.
Think about the meaning.

>Tiny-brained ape thinks it can comprehend the mind of the Omniscient and Infinite.

Might doesn't make right.

ISIS detected.

picking on christians is just edgy at this point. leave them alone.

Not for humans but for God. HE decides what is good and what isn't.

special pleading

>Everything, even the concept of evil itself, has a role in God's plan.
I'm not even a Christian but that was too easy.

>keeping this thread bumped
just sage and ignore

>God is all powerful, as in "God has the power to be good and all powerful at the same time"

Only thing God hasn't managed so far is to get you neckbeard atheists laid yet

no, but the boy is not all-powerful either.

Pic related is OP

ITT: Christians using circular logic

>cannot be good
By whose standards? Yours? Who the fuck do you think you are?

Shut up, ant farm boy

If that is the case, then there is also no reason to assume that such a god has your best interests in mind. At that point, you are basically just worshipping a very powerful demon out of fear of punishment.

Incidentally, this is why I think that out of all of the various offshoots of Christianity, Gnosticism is the least illogical.

why? Why is god now subject to your morality?
>le Euthyphro problem and """problem""" of evil
guaranteed replies
If god eradicated all evil then he would eradicate free will, free will is the ability to do wrong and to do right.

Because your argument is poorly formed, like most arguments against God. It would help a lot if the people formulating the arguments weren't teenagers who hate religion because their own families are religious.

The argument you presented is a broken form of the argument from excessive evil/suffering; the idea being that if God is omnipotent and purely good, then there wouldn't be as much evil/suffering in the world as we see. The problem with the better form of the argument is the fact that humans really suck at proper labelling. The response is that God is not an hedonist nor is He an utilitarian. Things that people call evil often turn out to be good and vice versa. We make those mistakes in judgment due to incomplete knowledge. Who is to say that the amount of suffering/evil in the world isn't just the right amount and of just the right kinds to eventually bring about the best possible results? If people could one day look back on today from a (near) perfect future, wouldn't they be glad that things worked out the way they did?

"Good" is a human construction, it is a relative term that relies on human emotion.
God is above such things.

>yfw atheists' definition of "good" is everyone has everything done for them and given to them and isn't allowed to make own decisions or have independent thought

Good thing it isn't meant to be taken completely literally in orthodoxy you aspie.
However, that dickface's belief that God is merely a tool to personal betterment is heresy.

Why would God be incapable of being good and all powerful?

Alright this shit again

So lets say hes all powerful and he made us into what we are, to erase all evil, he would have to pretty much just enslave us and make us into automatons. But this is not the case, he gave us free will to act how we see fit while keeping in mind his teachings.

Now you could say, alright then, why is life so shit, why is there suffering, could he at least make us resistant to cold or whatever and see here's the thing, he could do that because all powerful but he did not, why ?

Because suffering is a precondition for meaning, you need to be able to suffer to know that this is the negative of life and that you should probably strive to avoid said suffering, after all, what is good without evil, you require its opposite to define itself, otherwise what the hell is good ?

>Everything, even the concept of evil itself, has a role in God's plan.
Which means that god isn't good, as the concept of evil is his instrument. Such a god would be a god of Judaism or Islam, not a god that the Christians try to construct.

Will Evil be ever defeated according to Chrisitan mythology?
Yes. After the Day of Judgement.
That means, that according to the Christian mythology, evil does not arise from the freedom of will.

That means, that our world is neither perfect nor good creation. A world created in an after day of judgement state would be both more perfect and good.

>God is above such things.
Not according to Christianity.

Because Christianity is a messianic faith, dum-dum. Christian should believe that our world is broken, imperfect and corrupted in order to also believe in Heaven/Garden of Eden/the prophesy of victory over sin and death. The problem with that is of course this:

Evil was created the moment that apple in Eden was eaten, once you become conscious of what can harm you, you are then conscious of how to harm others.

>the god delusion

>Evil was created the moment that apple in Eden was eaten
Ok. Ok. So, the defeating Evil is not possible then? It exists outside of God and His creation and may enter it at will (or at random)? And I thought that Christians believe God is all-powerful and capable of defeating evil...

Loosen up that fedora a little bit r/atheism faggot.

Be careful not to cut yourself with your own edge.

You are a very smart and enlightened person, clearly.

If God is omnipotent and omnipresent than it means that all good and all evil come from the same source which would be then be made up of two energies that make one whole. or something like that...

Sauce?

Cancer is a tragedy, but it's not necessarily evil

SHILL THREAD

SAGE

SHILL THREAD

SAGE

SHILL THREAD

SAGE

SHILL THREAD

SAGE

Clearly hasn't read Humes and doesn't understand that we'll never know God.

God is above human morals of good and evil, ya dingus

That's just a stupid, overly simplistic way of defining free will, made only to justify your beliefs. Free will is the ability to make choices. However, just because you want to do something, that doesn't mean it's an option for you. For example, throwing a fireball is not an option, because it's impossible. If god existed and was good, he'd create a world where any evil act is just as impossible as throwing a fireball is now. You would still have a lot of choices - between multiple different good (or neutral) acts. How is that not free will?

up

yours

faggot

who cares what you think...

>Presupposition
>Assumes his definition of good is the objective truth
God is the standard for good and is the standard for objectivity.

People like you fustrate the ever living shit out of me. The bible is a set of laws. Just like in every society, you dont get to pick and choose which laws to obey or follow you stupid niggers. When he says you will burn in a lake of fire for all eternity for being in sin, it doesnt matter if you lie or murder someone, you are in sin. You go to hell. If you apply this dumb as notion of dont take the law literally, than you are suggesting the bible can be interpreted to mean whatever the fuck you want it to be. Lord supper? Nah we eating chicken and biscuits nigga. Not literal right? RIGHT?!?!

You fucking morons need to die. all of you religious morons. you have no critical thinking skills and you divide communities with your cults. DIE CHRIST KEKS, KIKES, AND SAND NIGGER!

>God is good
>Creates a world where natural disasters indiscriminately kill people

and

It took you this long to watch batman v superman?

k

y

s

> including Uncle Adolf amongst those untermench
Stob it.

>implying that allowing humans to have choices wouldn't bear any consequences

>God is the standard for good and is the standard for objectivity.
But I use the very Christian definition of it. If you're saying that Christianity is not true, I rest my case.

digiets checkout

>If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful

what?
why?
should i sage this shit?

Get your filthy heathen hands off her!

>Dictating god's morality

Kek fuck off, faggot