What happen at Chernobyl?

What happen at Chernobyl?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/TwY6q
youtube.com/watch?v=42dLFI2jD5A
youtube.com/watch?v=yEoLntMCP7Y
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3056382/Radioactive-girl-Superhero-scientist-ventures-heart-Chernobyl-exclusion-zone-eat-toxic-apples-pose-reactor-s-control-room-defying-officials-say-humans-t-live-20-000-years.html
sophiaorsomethinglikeit.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-windscale-fire.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windscale_fire
youtu.be/jV45AFCwcUc
youtube.com/watch?v=jNKGbtYixeg
ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baл_(aвтoмaт)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nobody knows, everybody died.

A USSR prototype failure for wormhole technology. Used to deploy nuclear weapons

Someone let out the angry pixies.

some atoms decided to chimp out and ruined a whole neighborhood.

Nothing, goy. It was just a fluke.

Stalker happened.

A bunch of ruskies where forced to cover that shit and died because Ivan can't into atomics

Soviet engineering, failure to tell the technicians that Number 4 was actually a top secret breeder reactor different from #1,2, and 3 and would runaway in a test common to 1,2, and 3, and the general Soviet incompetence Communism is famous for.

it was a weather control weapon system we fucked up the battery for it. ask yourself why a small town needed a nuclear reactor....

Communism happened, basically.

Stalker

If you actually want to know and aren't just fishing for schizophrenics, this details the whole story.
imgur.com/a/TwY6q

Amazingly shitty nuclear technology. Chernobyl is what happens when you get a drunk college freshman to assemble a nuclear reactor he bought from Ikea at 3 in the morning.

Its like 130km from Kiev + another major city - is it that strange soviets built a nuclear power plant not in the centre of cities? + prypiat had 100k odd residents.

The Chernobyl plant was actually very modern and well-engineered. Its failure was purely the result of operator failure, where engineers improperly tested a new system to keep the cooling pumps running in the event of reactor shutdown before the backup diesel generators could spin up. Plant management disguised the severity of the disaster for several days to avoid ruining their careers too, preventing early response which could have mitigated the damage caused by Dyatlov being retarded.

>What happen at Chernobyl?

Literally two slavs fucking around ... "What do you think will happen it we did this?"

Skip to 13:50 (Caption the Subtitles).

youtube.com/watch?v=42dLFI2jD5A

This mini-series broke my fucking heart. I fell in love with Mariya Poezzhaeva in this. But this is a great recreation of the accident.

A successful run of a prototype corium refinery.

Top fucking kek.

>well engineered
lol wut? It was terrible.
High positive void coefficient. Graphite tipped control rods, like wtf.
The designer committed suicide it was so bad.

This. The reactor design was a time-bomb. But in characteristic Soviet fashion the engineers who knew this said nothing, lest they lose their house, career, future etc. Repeat that mindset several times and you wind up with a Corium Playdoh factory.

Are you daft?

Spoiler Alert if you watch the whole miniseries: Mariya's character is sickened by radiation poisoning and carries her dead puppy, Ricky, around for days.

I wonder if corium has any useful properties.

It's useful in medical treatment for destroying tumors, especially the kind that walk around on two legs and kvetch

cyka blyat

Spooky monolith appeared in one of the reactors and now an army a brainwashed goons are guarding it.

oi suzy

These niggas pulled some Jew shit and fucked up.

c*mmunists is what happened

My mum was pregnant when all this shit blew over and rained down on England (we took a surprising amount of radiation considering how far away we were) and I blame it for myself being so unattractive.

My parents are both moderately attractive, easy 7/10s when they were younger and I'm like a 4. I also have some minor physical defects which are normally associated with genetic disorders like down's syndrome. These Soviet cunts fucked my genes up I swear.

keep ah lowh prohfiyall and hold yer fi-yer

does that qt live?

>get out of here stalker

> England
> Unattractive
No need to blame Chernobyl bro

Jokes aside, never say that about yourself

AvE?

Let me put it this way: Kind of. She *lives* but faces heartbreak at every turn.

The only other "Tale of Commie" life story that made me have to go walk in a park and feed squirrels in a desperate need for adorable was "Beyond the Steepes." youtube.com/watch?v=yEoLntMCP7Y

Agnieszka Grochowska's acting in this one... Holy fuck. The story... Holy fucking fuck. The outcome... Why the fucking fuck did I fucking watch this fucking fuck. Why the fuck doesn't Antifa have to watch this fucking nightmare of fucking Communism?

Russians being russians.

The highly compartmentalized-hierarchical-bureaucratic nature of the Soviet system happened.

Several powerful Soviet institutions warned that the reactor type had good characteristics but under certain circumstances (low power levels) it can be dangerous if the operators are not properly trained but everyone of those institutions neither wanted to anger other institutions and neither they wanted the "hot potato" in their hands.

This was funnier when it was an old joke about soviet propaganda broadcasts on the radio
In short if the reactor starts to overheat the shitty design causes it to overheat faster because steam voids make the reaction faster when in a good reactor they should slow it, also the graphite tipped control rods mean hitting the emergency SCRAM button makes the reactor temperature spike up even higher at first instead of lowering it immediately, and Chernobyl blew up during that spike after they hit the button

breeder reactor ? never heard that one before ? link ?

i thought it just had a nasty void coefficient

underage.

Chernobyl Chernobyl Chernobyl
Like a fucking broken record.
You want to see some real serious shit, you want to investigate Windscale.
>Be UK.
>Want the bomb
>Not enough water for nuclear reactor
>air cool it instead.
>shit doesn't work.
>Cut the cooling fins off all the fuel bundles by hand to increase temperatures.
>shit works, but occasionally fuel bundles burst inside the reactor.
>Now want Hbomb
>Change up fuel mixture
>Fuel cartridge bursts inside reactor.
>New fuel catches fire
>Brits have a flaming air cooled nuclear reactor for 3 days.

Cherenkov radiation is so fucking cool. That picture is from the reactor at Oakridge that makes medical isotopes though, not Windscale.

A bit of both. It had even a worst design than traditional RBMK reactors but enriched plutonium "waste products" at a threshold that the IAEA didn't monitor. Its abilities were kept from technicians and operators at CNPS for military reasons.

Link? You're going to have to give me a minute to search Scholar. I did a paper on it at USAWC with classified files. I'm sure I can find you non-restricted data on this.

I didn't have photos of windscale, unfortunately.

dahnt. meuve. a moosle

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3056382/Radioactive-girl-Superhero-scientist-ventures-heart-Chernobyl-exclusion-zone-eat-toxic-apples-pose-reactor-s-control-room-defying-officials-say-humans-t-live-20-000-years.html

Check out these videos on YouTube by user Bionerd exploring the ruins, great and spooky.

I don't know but I'll be going there for a tour in 2 weeks. Ideally I'll grow an extra arm for masturbation.

I found some photos and more details of windscale, just for you.

sophiaorsomethinglikeit.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-windscale-fire.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windscale_fire

The SL-1 Accident is pretty neat too.

>The SL-1, or Stationary Low-Power Reactor Number One, was a United States Army experimental nuclear power reactor in the United States which underwent a steam explosion and meltdown on January 3, 1961, killing its three operators. The direct cause was the improper withdrawal of the central control rod, responsible for absorbing neutrons in the reactor core. The event is the only reactor incident in the U.S. which resulted in immediate fatalities. The incident released about 80 curies (3.0 TBq) of iodine-131, which was not considered significant due to its location in the remote high desert of eastern Idaho. About 1,100 curies (41 TBq) of fission products were released into the atmosphere.
>The facility, located at the National Reactor Testing Station (NRTS) approximately forty miles (65 km) west of Idaho Falls, Idaho, was part of the Army Nuclear Power Program and was known as the Argonne Low Power Reactor (ALPR) during its design and build phase. It was intended to provide electrical power and heat for small, remote military facilities, such as radar sites near the Arctic Circle, and those in the DEW Line. The design power was 3 MW (thermal), but some 4.7 MW tests were performed in the months prior to the accident. Operating power was 200 kW electrical and 400 kW thermal for space heating.
>During the incident the core power level reached nearly 20 GW in just four milliseconds, precipitating the steam explosion.

My old neighbor in NY was in Russia for a class trip. She came back and had radiation all over her shoes, clothing, and shit. I think she went for monitoring for a bit after. They moved a few years later but I imagine that had to fuck up a 16 year old.

The dad was a German immigrant who's dad and brother died in the war. He somehow brought over all their shit, he had uniforms, MP-40, Luger, etc.... The best part was we lived in central Jewville. He showed my dad all this stuff because he collected WW2 helmets and flags. They'd both be screwed if either talked so it was cool.

Sweet, thanks pham.

>what happen at Chernobyl

Are you retarded, a bot, or a fucking shitskin immigrant that can't speak English

Chimps playing with fire. Homo sapiens have mistaken more complex social structure for evolution, so things are dabbled in that they are not prepared for.

Communist intellectuals in charge of things

My god those suits look badass

They were completely worthless...

They look like 60s batman villains

an unfortunate side effect of a future cern experiment caused a temporal "mishap" in the past.

Those are soviet firefighter suits.

Shitty Soviet engineering.

Still my favorite memeball

>received iodine pills in warsaw

AMA

was this at the time, or not long after?

I farted. Sorry.

Vodka

Bandits happend

Soviet hate crime and genocide attempt against inferior Belarussians and Ukrainians. Fun fact: Check out the mail order brides currently aged 28-31 who grew up in or near the fallout zone.

CHEEKI BREEKI
I was playing that earlier

Get out of here, STALKER.

Get out of here, STALKER.

>Get out of here, STALKER.

Maybe they should have poured that over the reactor.

There wasn't any left after the engineers and maintenance team

Don't believe it, they were just hoarding.

>research chernobyl disaster for weeks
>read tons of recorded first hand testimonials
>technical details
Find out that reactor 4 was a secret military prototype reactor. God dammit, well that explains why the technicians couldn't figure out why the reaction rate was not slowing down.

Some spooky shit that some hard men took care of.

youtu.be/jV45AFCwcUc

So where was the "secret military prototype" contingency? If that were true they would have had people in place on site, or at the ready.

Face it, humanity is too infantile for this tech. The only thing that happened was monkey see, monkey do.

shit happens

They exist

Be carefull in ZONE

Keep your dick in a vice!

>install complete mod, cheeki breeki
>install dual gear deluxe
>every bullet is lethal.

Get out of here stalker

BELIVE,OR DIE

Reactor's secrecy meant little tbqh, every reactor in USSR was a secret object. May 1 is a nationwide holiday, and Soviet engineers on site were pushing the schedule to get done with tests before April ended and their superiors would get pissed.

Turbogenerators are xboxhueg and heavy, and friction inside them is very low (as it's supposed to be). If a steam pipe bursts, the generator would keep spinning and generating current for a long time, and the question was whether it would be enough to cool the fuel until the reactor is properly shut down. That was what they were testing that day. Such tests were carried out before, but the generator failed to generate current when its rotation decreased.

The night shift that caused the explosion was much less experienced than day shift, and was not fully aware of day shift workers' testing procedures. The full extent of the catastrophe wasn't clear until the radiation spread to Scandinavia, setting off nuclear power plant alerts there. Earlier Soviet disasters like Mayak were censored, and engineers had no ability to learn from their mistakes.

youtube.com/watch?v=jNKGbtYixeg

Strength in unity!

JOIN US

Ah nuuu

Holy shit. What is this creepy ass video?

dafuq gun is that?

ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baл_(aвтoмaт)

sexy weapon

It didn't help them one bit.

and powerfull