Hollywood Profits Plummet Amid Sales Slump

What do you anons think caused this massive Hollywood profit slump? Their movie sales are historically low this summer. Do you think it is caused by their push for an SJW agenda? Or is it caused by them alienating a large portion of their audience? Or are people simply sick and tired of shitty films with no actual acting skills? Or is it caused by the new and rising entertainment platforms? What's your thought on this Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

buzzfeed.com/susancheng/jackie-chan-the-foreigner?utm_term=.telboaYaN2#.odJmrnWnJR
archive.is/maOm5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Slump rhymes with Trump. Trump rhymes with drumpfh. Drumpfhie wumfphie is killing Hollywood because they're too diverse. scoops

>Movie pirating
>Shitty movies anyway
>Predictable plots
>Rehashed shit
>Sequels
>Sjw shit
>Muh equality shoved in every part available
>The constant TRYING to be funny and forcing comedy
>Pandering to idiots, children and autists with iphones.
Just a few of the gorrilions of reasons

I'm just wondering, has there been any good movies this year at all Anons? I haven't watched fucking hollywood films for like three years.

A lot of people liked Dunkirk. I wasn't a huge fan, but I can understand why people may have enjoyed it.

There haven't been any memorable movies for years.
People can still quote movies from the 80s/90s. I can't even remember any recent movies I've watched.

Good, screw the uppity limousine liberals and kikes in Hollywood.

The only movie I saw this summer was Dunkirk. The rest of the movies were trashy.

Besides pirating, pretty spot on
Pirating doesn't hurt anyone, GoT is a perfect example

The Belko Experiment was pretty good.

What about airline movies? I don't go to cinemas but watch a shit ton on airplanes when I travel. It's cheaper and I really don't feel like paying a ton for imax and 3d shit.

The audience grew up and the younger audience wasn't hooked and knows how the internet works.

Wow, it's almost like flooding the markets with stupid capeshit and re-re-remakes doesn't encourage people to want to watch movies they've seen before with bonus CGI.

I liked the new King Arthur movie.

Hollywood's brand is old and out of date. Political correctness has eaten it like cancer and stifled creativity. Now, there is technology and affordabiliy that allows anyone to make entertaining and thought provoking content AND deliver it to their audience at low cost.
Who needs more pampered, overinflated egos with minimal talent walking down red carpets like they're royalty? Fuck Hollywood. Let it die.

Remake and superhero bubble is finally popping, no one cares about either anymore and there's not enough original, quality content to fill the void. SJW shit is part of the reason why the remake bubble is popping but not the main reason, capeshit is imploading because everyone's fucking sick of it in general

The Emoji Movie was masterful.

All of the above. And the same (((people))) with the same connections are the ones runnin Hollywood, thus there is a lack of creativity.

It had a nigger in it. Fuck off.

>Hollywood takes a stance against Trump
>Massive sales slump
Curse of Trump stikes again

I liked Spiderman, even though they turned MJ into a mudblood on top of giving Peter a progressive love-interest (who has a cuck of a father).

Funny that white people will never speak up about their characters getting replaced by diversified versions, meanwhile a bunch of Vietnamese people are upset Jackie Chan is gonna play a Viet character:

buzzfeed.com/susancheng/jackie-chan-the-foreigner?utm_term=.telboaYaN2#.odJmrnWnJR

People are starting to smell the bullshit

I argue that all the movies are actually pretty good, and that's the problem. Its a saturated market and people are overwhelmed by choice so they choose not to choose since there are no more must-sees

And here's the archive archive.is/maOm5

you'll be spared on the day of the rake, leaf
fuck hollywood, they sold their industry to gays and China

Give me more examples of the Trump curse. I hear a lot about it but what are some major examples, besides this hollywood shit?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I didn't cast the mother fucker, I just liked execution, dialog, and cinematography. No movie is perfect ( except predator )

Also Target

(((They))) will claim it's due to piracy, but look at all the absolute shit that they're putting out.
It doesn't help that they are telling half of their customers to fuck off, and NO ONE CARES WHAT CELEBRITIES THINK ABOUT POLITICS.

lurk moar newfag
some user post the giant trump curse image

Completely wrong

Allow it theaters fall to obscurity.

Movies are just shit these days, and anything thats moderately successful gets milked to oblivion. The free market really should have corrected things by now but i think nepotism in hollywood is preventing it.

Baby driver was fun

Far Left: FUCK CORPORATE HOLLYWOOD
Far Right: FUCK PEDOWOOD
Centrists with PC skills: Can't I just torrent it?

hollywood fell for the chinaman's lies

Can't think of a movie that came out in the past 10 years that I even wanted to see. I only saw a handful of movies in theaters and walked out unimpressed. I love older movies from the 40's to the 80's because they couldn't rely on CGI shit so they had to have good actors. Some of my favorite movies are military dramas like Patton and Das Boot.

Fuck the Jews and the left for destroying movies and television shows.

I really believe youtube and content creators are the cause of this.

>actually pretty good
nope
the last golden age of American film was the 90's mini-major studios like Orion

The only movies I considered watching in the theatre this year were The Mummy and Alien 5.

Then I looked into how many jews were involved in The Mummy (Director + Writer). Then I remembered Ridley Scott's BMWF cuckold fetish from Prometheus.

Not to mention the new "no singles" policy that seems to be popping up everywhere. If you don't want my money I won't fight to give it to you.

1. All of the new movies (except Dunkirk) either have shitty actors (Valerian) or shitty plots that nobody gives a fuck about.
2. Reboots mostly suck.
3. Capeshit carries everything else.
4. $12 for a fucking sm. coke and popcorn is ridiculous.

Hollywood wastes too much of their money paying actors or for CGI bullshit and not investing that into market research.

>WAHHHHH WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT SEEING MOVIES?!?!!??

Baby Driver is just Hollywood attempting to push another ugly talentless jew male into the lead role of Hollywood Heart Throb.

> (OP)
>I argue that all the movies are actually pretty good, and that's the problem. Its a saturated market and people are overwhelmed by choice so they choose not to choose since there are no more must-sees
Must sees means people feel like they must see it. There hasn't been a movie like that in years. Why do I want to watch a newer, crappier remake of something I have already seen?

Half you faggots are young enough to have enjoyed Phantom Menace so I'm not taking any opinions on movie qualities from you

Hollywood has consistently made money til this year.

Pirating isnt the cause. Its the shitty films, lack of creativity and originality. Everything looks bland and boring.

And young people are having more fun going to the streets for real life political activism. Sit through a movie for 2 hours or spend a day street battling for the future of the country? Tough choice

I think because most people are getting poorer and poorer that they cannot afford luxuries like going to the movies

Outside of the newest Star Wars movie I haven't watched anything hollywood in the past 15 years

Wind River wasn't bad. There was some cringy sjw hype around it for being heavy handed on >muh native american actors

but the plot itself wasn't too bad. Wasn't the best thing in the world, but worth seeing if you want to support something that isn't a rehash of a reimagining of a prequel of a sequel of a re-release.

If you've seen Longmire at all, it's like a movie length version of that.

Diversity UP sales DOWN

It's no secret diversity in film has massively increased over just the past year. Pretty much every movie has a cast of mongrel shitskins now because the industry is hedging their bets on the futures audiences being shitskin majority. What are the demographics in the US under 18?

But I don't think people want to see that, whites are still by far the largest audience and I for one no longer go to the theatre because fuck paying money to see a bunch of shitskins being presented as equal

>Produce nothing but capeshit and SJW bollocks and capeshit with added SJW bollocks and put niggers in every role possible for diversity
>Why are our numbers tanking!?

Dunkirk is a masterpiece.

It's what I'm saying. They're pretty good by today's standards. No shitty CGI or bad acting. Just passe. Not must sees like Saving Private Ryan etc

I'm pretty sure the Viets are just pissed it's a Chinese guy playing a Viet character. China is the Asian jew.

I still will see some movies but I definitely go give a shit about a lot of things because of their agenda. Its not even that intentional but I am sure that is how I'm acting subconsciously.

> more people knowing it's the jews

Probly the virtue signaling user. I cannot stand butthurt libs anymore

I would love to see another movie that had good sword fighting. But Hollywood doesn't seem to care.

The Count of Monty Christo remake with Jim Caviziel was one of the last great such movies.

Had a nigger in it, fuck off

Shit movies

I wish comic shit would die already

Dunkirk is one of the best movies that's come out in a long time.

Pandering to SJW who don't actually support things they like with money. Same reason why SJW games do poorly.

No singles?

>no singles policy

What?

You have to be 18 to use this board

I walked past a movie theater today.
>capeshit
>remake, can't even remember which one
>The Dark Tower, but movies based on Stephen King's novels usually suck
>titles I've never heard of

Besides, why pay $10 for snacks and show up an hour early just to get a good seat, and then watch a bunch of ads and trailers at "showtime"?

Don't forget sticking nigs in everything they can just to meet the quota.

Norse mythology based movie = Nig
Brit Arthurian legend movie = Nig
WW2 historical movie = Doesn't cast a Nig and gets slammed for it.

Not every movie needs a Nig.

What a bunch of tards. It's because there is better content online and on streaming services. Movies are dead.

They've replaced artistic integrity to farm people for money.

>watch baywatch
>seems alright so far, 10 minutes in
>throughout the movie anytime a reference was made about a woman like feature such as zac efron having soft supple hands after slapping the rock was immediately followed with someone turning to a female and saying
>"No offense"
>This happened like 5 times throughout the film
>weirdest shit ive ever seen, completely ruined the flow

Is this why they have lately been doing so many adaptions of popular anime?

Arrival was good desu

You forgot the biggest reason
>forcing

Look at The Mummy.
What do we expect from a movie with such a name?
>Action-adventure featuring a rogue who fucked up and unleashed a torment from hell, embodied in ancient Egyptian myth.
>Brandon Frasier, hot kike, dim-witted Anglo
What did we get?
>Michael Bay-esque effects show following a random douchebag who accidentally a tomb, mummy is a girl, she has wind powers and looks pathetic, douchebag becomes Satan
>Also weird tie-ins with future movies by putting literal Dr Jekyll in the movie as head of a new organisation
>cinematic universe nobody is interested in
>story nobody is interested in
>effects nobody is interested in
>characters nobody is interesting in
>Tom Cruise

They're forcing so much into so many movies and expect everyone to keep up. People are getting worn out with it all.
I know I am. I was looking forward to Alien:Covenant but boy was that movie a big fucking pisstake on the whole franchise. Too much forcing.

most people in my area would rather hang out at home and watch something for free and be able to talk and drink than go somewhere where you get charged 10 for a ticket and then even more for food and then sit in silence for 2 hours

I think it is a mixture of pretty much all the reasons you just gave. Hollywood is pushing the kikeshit agenda so hard that when a decent script passes the desk of a producer it gets butchered. Ethnicities of Characters are changed, random offshoots of the story lines that have no bearing in the main narrative are created to provide some bullshit interracial, politically correct scene. Then that scene is left with loads of questions and loose ends as the main narrative carries on.

I am so glad people aren't giving their hard earned shekels to this bullshit entertainment industry any more. One of the few things that gives me hope is that these Globalist platforms are getting impatient and pushing the agenda too hard and too quickly.

Yeah Spider-Man was more entertaining than any of the precursors. The SJW shit was horribly forced. MJ is not MJ at all, but she's a great character for a manic pixie dream girl meme. If they named her something else I'd like her (if she weren't a love interest)

They have review boards whose sole purpose is to avoid "outrage." Another weird one was in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, they would take just a puff of a cig before throwing the entire thing away. Like, they wanted to promote quitting smoking?

>They're pretty good by today's standards
Today's standards suck.
Why watch that shit when I can watch pic_related?

i went to see phantom menace like 7 times. i knew it sucked but it was still star wars and it wasnt THAT bad apart from jarjar.
I was a star wars kid and watched the trilogy once a month or so. The new movies kinda hurt me. I only ever watched the second movie once it was that bad. mind blowingly bad. just unreal.

You got any pixels with that?

All of the above senpai.

Don't forget hollywood's idea of a "comedy movie" is a bunch of loudmouth man-children and vulgar humor.

I hope it dies soon.

Let's take a look at what's currently playing at my local theatres:

-The Hitman's Bodyguard: White/Black buddy cop movie with 2 hours of white bashing from Samuel L Jackson
-Annabelle Creation: The Conjuring was good so let's milk it with 10 more shitty movies
-Dunkirk: Evil Nazis heroic allies good goys also retcon some strong poc and women
-The Emoji Movie: Kek
-Spiderman Homecoming: MCU Movie #582658576 but this time we've got a fag Spiderman and a nigger love interest
-The Dark Tower: WE WUZ STEPHEN KANGZ

Wow look at all these enthralling films please hollywood just shut up and take my money.

Its a common meme among the /r9k kiddies.

The real reason is that movie theatres don't take Good Boy Points.

The black dude in Predator was exactly what black people should be: people. He never once made anything about him being black or the "hardships" of blackness. His entire thing was about seeing an old friend and fucking up enemy combatants and aliens. Died like a man.

I liked American Sniper quite a bit even though I was acutely aware I was being played the goy the entire time watching it.

Hardcore Henry was kind of interesting even though it was essentially just your average shitty AAA game story

If I've seen any other new movies in the last 5 years I honestly don't remember them at all

I boycotted pedo Hollywood. There is always Kodi.....if you're desperate

To be honest, I don't think it's because of SJW stuff. I think it's genuinely because all the new movies suck ass or are shitty remakes/sequels. Like Ghostbusters remake, could have been good, even WITH all women, but it sucked balls bad. It just wasn't that funny.

There hasn't been a batch of real good movies in a long time. I feel like every time I open the theatres website to see what's playing I'm like "pass, don't want to see it. Pass pass pass" etc

Baby Driver was fun yeah, but dissect the story and characters and the agenda is still there.

>Jaime foxx black gangster with mental issues turns out to be not that bad of a dude, gets killed
>real/main bad guy turns out to be a White wall street banker with an obsessive streak for destruction
>cops are also represented as bad guys

clearly hollywood needs a government bailout

think of all the (((jobs))) and ((((gdp)))) on the line

we need diversity films. diversity is strength.

It's because of PR people.
Movies that people like and sneak out as classics with the potential to make a lot of money are medium budget, small studio movies targeted towards a particular audience. But they're not safe because movies that are targeted for certain people are likely to offend a few people they aren't targeted towards. Since offending someone has become quite literally the worst thing you can do today, we get movies that written for the lowest common denominator and are deemed "safe." Though the problem is that no one wants to see a movie that was never targeted to them.

This is a problem with a lot of media and just business in general. People are afraid to make moves because they don't want to offend anyone

Maybe people are rejecting the BS, if only subconsciously. Too much CGI, not enough inspiration, too much political BS.

>every single movie is a cuck propaganda piece

This is why I stopped going. Why would I pay $10 to sit in a theater full of hooting shitskins to watch a feminist jew lecture?

I literally haven't been to a movie theater in 5 years... Movies aren't interesting anymore.

I give the Jews money at Christmas because my family likes to go see Star Wars together. It's just an excuse to do something together during the holidays.
Otherwise I won't give them a fucking dime.
On principle. Fuck them.
I've always been a huge movie hound too. I used to go every weekend whether I had a date or not.

Centrists are cucks who have no backbone and cannot me their own decision and chose a side.

Also learn how to green text Leaf.

This is not a one year phenomena. It's a long, ongoing trend.

Go back to the 90s. (Almost 20 years ago; you're old now, accept it) The film ads were atrocious. You couldn't trust anything because they would only show the best thirty seconds of the movie. It could be worth seeing, or a complete waste of time. Film critics are lazy, dumb slobs so you couldn't trust them, either. It was a terrible time.

As soon as it was feesible to transfer whole films on p2p networks in the late 90s it started having an effect. Not many people had the desire/service speed (256kbps) to make the transfer happen in a reasonable time frame, but it started. Now they could see more than the best 0.03% before deciding what to spend money + time on. Then bad films (which are most all the films made, tbqh) started seeing sales slow down.

The be clear: good films make more money today than ever before, because people *want* to pay for them. Everything else is suffering because it's garbage and you can't hide it behind a wall of false ads anymore.

Now most film pirating is done by people who wouldn't see the film in theater anyway; theyre only pirating it because it's so easy now. But a lot of people are filtering out the trash, and I applaud them for it. Consumers deserve to know what they're getting into and production corps have nobody but themselves to blame.

Same reason American malls are dying. People can't afford it. The middle class is rapidly disappearing.