Browser alternatives?

I've heard about Ad Nauseam being used to fight Google, but I've also read that they'll mess with your data or some other salty response. Any different browsers that are separate from Goodle altogether? Also for the hell of it, would there be any legal response to using Ad Nauseam?

duckduckgo

Use Brave as a browser, it has built in ad and tracker block, plus its super fast
For a search engine, duckduckgo and startpage or gtfo

Chrome

kek

Pale moon is pretty great, if you want to use Ad Nauseam you will need to change 1 file however. Not a hard fix at all however.

I thought about brave for my phone, but I read somewhere it runs off of chromium
(just by vague memory, I could be just going full retard)

I've been happy with Brave. For some reason it won't load Sup Forums on mobile, so I have to use Safari there.

Moved my default search engine to startpage on all my computers, paid for an email account on startmail and I'm gradually moving all my stuff off my gmail account

Ad nauseum literally clicks ads costing advertisers lots of money. It's only helping the publisher (website you're visiting) make more money on fraudulent clicks. I wouldn't use it.

Look at the owner of DuckDuckGo then come back to me

I have it on my phone, and you're correct.

I'm running it right now on mobile

Long term trust is more important than short term gains. No trusting advertisers, not market.

Duckduckgo niggers.

Works for me.

Water fox, ublock plus, and pop up blocker. Your good to go m8

Use firefox with these extensions:

> ublock origin
> cookie autodelete (set to active mode with 0.1 delay time)
> privacy badger (manually disable anything that looks like an ad-related tracker, it will do the rest through its learning algorithm)
> ghostery (set to block all)

Also use these settings:

> Never allow 3rd party cookies
> Delete cookies when browser is closed

AND you can use firefox on your (android) phone with these extensions:

> ublock origin
> self destructing cookies (with 0.1 delay time)

Just choose a browser that isn't chrome or firefox, and one that you like. It could be a botnet like the others, but it will still damage the big companies.

I appreciate the replies y'all, but I'm guessing that some of these are attached to Google? (correct me if I'm wrong) I'm trying to find one that is completely separate from Google, so at the very least I don't give them traffic revenue. Unless these alternatives with the extensions and adblocker, etc work just fine of course

I heard Firefox started doing the same things as Google, would the options you've listed still work against it?

Looks like you guys are running Android. I have the latest update and Sup Forums doesn't load at all on iOS, I just get a blank page, other sites work fine

I've been meaning to ask, because I almost never see opera recommended: is there a reason for that? I use it, it seems pretty good. Built-in VPN and all.

I'm on android right now and everythings fine

Brave for browser. Qwant for search engine. Look up alternatives to any google apps you may use, but there's plenty of freeware apps out there.

I thought about opera but as soon as I opened it I saw a lot of Google related stuff, and thought they're partners

What specifically?

It depends on what degree of privacy/convenience you insist on.

With the settings described above, I can do all my this-is-really-me related stuff with minimal tracking and the maximum convenience of not having some random ass browser. The trick in this case is to destroy all your historic online data (an entirely different subject) and then for necessary google-related stuff use a new account with no personal data in the settings (e.g. fake name, delete your phone number after you create the account) and disable all privacy features in account.google.com settings (e.g. history for all google platforms including search and youtube etc, ad tracking, etc).

THEN, you use the "nosync" (aka all the google hooks removed) version of chromium from chromium.woolyss.com/#top (with the exact same extensions and settings described here ) for anything you don't want associated with your real-life personality. In this case, when using a google service, use a second google account not associated with firefox or previous accounts (with the same settings described for the firefox googlea account, except here it's OK to enable youtube history only).

If you want absolute privacy, that's an epic rabbit hole that isn't worth the sacrifice (and the time to learn) for most people. Plus, there's no real such thing as true privacy, as even Tor and similar services can be easily tracked now with AI bots.

Brave is a fork of Chromium, so theoretically Google could fuck them over if they made Chromium closed source, but they're not really in a position to do that without causing a public relations firestorm.

If you don't understand this stuff, it's best to listen to and just pay attention to what extensions are popular. I used to use Ghostery, but I've heard that's not the best option anymore. I like Brave because it blocks Google trackers by default.

> implying that a massive publicly traded corporation is communist

W E W L A D

Iridium.

Brave is a good one for Android. Same set up as chrome but without the jewry and a built in ad blocker.

Sucks for desktop though, but there are plenty of cleaner options.

This brave master race faggots

>AND you can use firefox on your (android) phone
>Android phone
Oh the irony

Mozilla works with Soros. Not touching Firefox, Not touching Rust.

Like I said, balancing convenience vs privacy comes down to individual discretion, but you faggots have to understand that even something as "perfect" as TOR is useless against AI tracking of your activity patterns.

I think in most cases this is reasonable. At least on Android you can block cookie tracking through extensions—that isn't an option on iPhone where Apple doesn't allow firefox extensions.

Only good answer is firefox

>At least on Android you can block cookie tracking through extensions—that isn't an option on iPhone
on an iphone Settings/Safari/Do not track and block cookies/Always Block