I deserve an extra 20 dollars for carrying a few plates

I deserve an extra 20 dollars for carrying a few plates

That's per customer, not hour

You do m'lady. How about you come home with me tonight? I gave you a hefty tip.

The middle class fighting the working class has always been the crypto strategy of landed and inherited wealth class

You mean your wages are not passed onto us via food prices? You mean I get to tip you based on service and ability? So that means I don't have to pay for shitty service? Wow, what a great system!! God bless the USA.

amen

I just called the SJW police on you for attempting to have relations with a strong, independent woman. Prepared to get accused of rape and get socially ostracized very shortly.

The tipping system is retarded. I have to pay more as 20% coz I ordered a lobster instead of chicken?

Then again wasn't the original intent of tips to avoid tax or something?

the Mexicans in the kitchen are ones toiling all say for $100/day and disgusting stacies get all of the credit, money and prestige

Dont meme, our (all tipped positions, im a bartender) tips are taxed via Tip Compliance. We need to reach a certain tip level per hour or the government literally steals from our paycheck.

Also if you order a 120 dollar meal you can afford to toss a high school kid 20 bucks you stingy faggot, they also clean up after you when you leave.

>Then again wasn't the original intent of tips to avoid tax or something?
No, it was invented to justify not paying your employees

B-but I have to be nice to people I don't like! Emotional labor! You don't know what it's like!

blame the employer for not paying his employees enough and relying on the customers to provide.

If I don't get my water refilled within about half a minute of it being empty, I reduce my tip to ~2 dollars. If I have to ask for my water refilled, I won't tip.

This, the american jew does relies for the customers to pay employees wich allows him to pay minimun wage

in some states restaurants are not required to pay minimum wage because they tax on tips. i used to work for a place where the waters/waitresses were paid 2.50/hr. no joke.

What if the restaurant is busy and I have 20 tables?
Or if the restaurant is slow and I have 1 table?
I should be paid the same regardless of the effort I put in?

I am a sous chef at a restaurant and I hear these bitches complain of tipping out 40 dollars for the kitchen staff after making 200 dollars that night. Then the following night making another 170.Then friday and saturday making another 200.

plus their basic hourly income. Super annoying.

How fast do you drink the water?

Fuck people who act like waiters get bad money.

think again

my gf is a waitress, need you jews to fork over the change so i can buy more shit

you tip well so that next time your there you get prefered treatment and sometimes free shit.
>tfw not a baller tipping well everywhere its approriate
sad!
if waiters and bartenders get tips, should you tip a guy who checks out your groceries, or the guy who helps ya find shit at home depot? im gonna just start tipping everyone i meet just to be safe.

Fuck you. You can afford giving five to a bum on the corner when you are going out. Doesn't mean you do it. Can and deserve are two different things you poor angry fuck.

then they'll just draw gubcheez from the tax base, either way the jewbux flow down the pipe

Imagine if you lived in a country where staff were paid properly and tipping culture didn't exist. Oh well, it's not like you have a democracy or anything and could lobby to change the laws.

It's hilarious reading Ameripoors ranting about the retarded expectations they have of service staff.

>if my anus isn't tickled anti clockwise within 87 seconds of using my salad fork they're getting nothing from me!

This

How much does the chef get? The dishwashers? They work a lot harder too

Lel 2.50 an hour would be gold for me. I only made 2.13 an hour

The system in the US makes the customer lose out as they are heavily expected to tip due to staff being heavily underpaid. Even cheap restaurants make 3-4x markup on most of the dishes they sell and at certain times of the year that can increase a lot. Fine dining restaurants can make 10-20x markup on their food. Most profits come from drinks though, especially alcohol.

The UK is even more retarded though with the only tipping culture being in very expensive fine dining restaurants with certain restaurants servers making £500+ per night from tips. Occasionally customers will tip in regular restaurants but most now prevent their servers from keeping tips to themselves and require you to pay the restaurant the tip which is then split between all the staff including kitchen staff. So if they employ 50 staff and you get a £10 tip you really only get 20p for yourself. Most servers get paid less than someone who stacks shelves in a supermarket yet you commonly have to deal with managing 8 tables at once catering to the customers every demand and dealing with bad customers shouting at you and complaining for menial mistakes or nothing at all. I've had people shouting at me who can't even speak English properly and they have nothing wrong their the food. One time I even got threatened with a knife. People usually do it to get away with not paying. If you have had a shitty day it can be horrible to go to work in the evening having to deal with even more shit. Even so I'd do it any day over something as boring as shelf stacking.

I make my own food at home, with ingredients and recipes of my choosing.

Who are the losers in this game?
The restaurants and the servants.

>Dont meme, our (all tipped positions, im a bartender) tips are taxed via Tip Compliance. We need to reach a certain tip level per hour or the government literally steals from our paycheck.
Well if tipped workers didn't cheat on taxes to such a degree you wouldn't have to pay on assumed earnings.

>Also if you order a 120 dollar meal you can afford to toss a high school kid 20 bucks you stingy faggot, they also clean up after you when you leave.
Their job is to clean up after the customers leave.
Maybe you should work for a place that revenue shares if you want money per sale.

I believe those under contract should be paid by their employer the agreed upon sum and if they are dissatisfied with that they can negotiate a raise or find employment elsewhere.

Maybe if yanks actually got paid reasonable wages for these kind of jobs they wouldnt need to live off tips. Here we give people tips because the service is good, not because the fuckers will starve without it.

They should starve without it waiters / waitresses are useless and get in the way

To be fair the cook cant exactly handle that shit and cooking at the same time.

I can write my own orders down and collect the meal when it's ready

I guess but whos going to move the dishes from your table and shit when you are done? You might as well just be going to a chipper at that point.

Not that there is anything wrong with chippers mind.

>tipcucks falling for this shit

stop saying amen to fucking muslims, you psychopath

Nope.

If tipping culture changed and no one tipped, wouldn't the price of the food just increase?

no

Wait, waiters dont get paid in Europe?

why not

He should've considered getting a job where the payment of his wages aren't optional.

Seriously how stupid and desperate are restaurant workers? Of course no one's going to pay you if they aren't legally obliged to.

>implying service workers want to survive on tips

But if the tips fail to bring them up to minimum wage, the employer has to pay the difference. So the absolute shit-tier waitresses are making at least minimum, while the ones who aren't trash can make significantly more.

It's mostly a sob story that waitresses cling to because otherwise nothing would be interesting or admirable about their job.

Yes.

That's about it.

It's too bad there are so many faggots that can't see past the "le lazy waiter asking for gibs"

Tip culture in America is the reason why our food prices at restaurants are so much cheaper than other places. But autist that have never left the basement, let alone traveled the world, will never realize this.