Why doesn't the US use the metric system?

Why doesn't the US use the metric system?

because fuck you, that's why

D&C

I think using multiples of 10 would make you a happier and more fulfilled person

Cuz they are so retarded mate, that's why.
Everybody knows that.

>betraying the "IMPERIAL" measurements for a froggy made system
you disgust me

Only literal retards would ever use anything designed by the French

i think doing what we want while being the top nation in the world makes us fulfilled

Literally because the founding fathers was redpilled about height.

They're special snowflakes

Because it would be very expensive and cause alot of Jewish stock market greif to change.

Metric system makes calculations on paper slightly easier

Imperial units correspond to the proportions of the human body, so they make taking measurements in the real world easier.

Because burgers are retard.

This actually makes some sense.
I'll be honest, what threw me off the most was England's non decimal currency. That shit was crazy. As you can understand, money confusing me makes me very uncomfortable.

Woodworking and shooting fag here, imperial can be pretty handy. But not really suitable for your main system.

The kitchen measurements make sense. For example, a cup and a teaspoon, obviously these have tons of utility in the kitchen.

An inch is a finger segment. A foot is a human foot. A yard is a large step (we are taught how to pace things out as kids, very convenient way to get a rough measurement). A mile is kind of arbitrary, but it has historical significance. Usually it's the distance of a short walk.

Measurements such as Farenheit, Pascals....etc. relate to the original scientific experiments that birthed them. Ocean measurements such as knots, leagues, fathoms....etc have great utility for sailing ships, when standardized rulers are not available.

In general, people should use the measuring system that's most convenient to the situation. Trying to force everyone to use one global standard, just to eliminate conversion factors and make things easier on some egghead scientist in an ivory tower is kind of ridiculous.

Why can't you all be like us and use both?

Whenever I do calculations of paper, the very first thing I do is convert everything into metric. Then unconvert back to imperial when I'm done

fpbp /thread

There are two types of countries in the world: those that have put men on the moon and those that haven't.

NASA uses metric. You also once crashed an orbiter into Mars because of a fuck-up between metric and imperial. A fuck-up that would have been avoided if you simply standardized metric. Now go sit in the fucking corner

hurr durr muh freedom

Why do American kids talk like this?

You don't seem to understand that we use both.

Honestly, imperial works pretty well for the average peasant.

The cost of converting every single sign in the US is a lot, most of the population don't want it because they see it as foreign, and it's prevelant in gridiron.
The only thing people use imperial here for nowadays is people's height.

Because an 18.2 meter touchdown is just fucking crippling faggy. 20 yards is superior.

England and Canada doesn't use it either retard

>haha you're a retard for not adopting the globalist system
WRONG

pretty much this

IT IS FOREIGN
ANY ANGLO WHO USES METRIC SHOULD BE HANGED DRAWN AND QUARTERED ITS TREASON!

Because metric makes you gay.

Also, Burma is pretty fucking hardcore. Genocide muslims and don't afraid of anything.

I was at the office getting my ID done, I had to put the information down it said "height in cm" we need learnt cm in school so I had no clue what it was I tell the lady "yeah I'm 6 foot idk what that is in cm" she says "how am I supposed to know?" So she googles it.
The retarded québécois did this to make the life of an ontarian a struggle, we need to go back officially to imperial I'm sick and tired of crap like this

It's the far superior system though, imperial makes things harder for no reason. I don't need to remember the exact amount of yards in a mile because the metric system has much easier rules.
While on the topic, Celsius is also superior to Farenheit which is fucking retarded.

The conversion factor is pretty easy; one inch is 2.54 cm, so every foot is a bit more than 30 centimeters (30.48cm to be exact).

But I agree, in general.

Go back to China if you like metric so much faggot Nigga I ain't doing math I should just have to write my height down without doing calculations

>pretending the USA isnt where western civilisation began collapsing under the sheer weight of its faggotry

Because all ancient structures were measured in miles and furlongs, therefore illuminati and templars are real.

Because they like being assbackwards.

Countries that try and mix imperial and metric units are retarded. You either have one or the other, not both.

>says the country that elected a gay paki prime minister

Not a chink but you must be a nigger if you can't understand the metric system, the easiest system on the globe.

This.
America does use the metric system in most official capacities and even the imperial measurements are defined in metric terms. I listened to a podcast all about it recently and from what I gather, pretty much the whole reason that the whole country isn't fully metric is that every time they've tried to push it, the government decided not to make it mandatory for the public population and private businesses to adopt it because they would be overstepping their boundaries (which they do in a million other ways now anyway, but it would be a massive expensive undertaking to do it now and it wouldn't really benefit the government that much anyway seeing as how they already use it)

Only Americans have the intelligence and wit to be fluent in both systems. I've worked with thousands of engineers and scientists in my career from around the globe and Europeans always ALWAYS make a fuss about imperial. Even the Nigerians and Congolese can get by when shown the conversions but the euros never even bother. It's laughable. There are literally hundreds of excel macros that can convert entire data tables either way with a couple of clicks but Europeans bitch piss and moan unless they're given data in metric. I've literally had euro engineers quit a multi-million dollar project because the more sensitive calibration equipment measured imperial. Just not worth the effort they said. One of them on that project pouted and sulked for days because we wouldn't budge our tolerances and let him use his inferior French device because it output metric. Fuck Europeans. Nobody else does this. Not the Asians, Africans, even the South Americans will deal with it. The Aussies of course take up the task of making lewd rhymes of imperial measures but it's all in good fun. No the fucking Europeans actually somehow believe that in the age of the computerized data table a meter is somehow magically different than a yard.

>Dutch poster
Opinion immediately discarded. Western Europeans are pacified and rely on America to defend them. Now lick my boots, scum.

Back to raping your sister, cletus

Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom should switch back to a full Imperial System, we also need to return to the pre decimal currency. If you're not buying your goods in farthings and shillings there's a good chance your currency got cucked by the decimal Jew

>that flag
>wanting to use globalist system

Nice try

Metric and Imperial is for plebs.
Real MEN use Planck Units.

>Says the country orbiting the event horizon of New Pakistan and the Capital of World Jewry.

The jokes you use to make fun of Americans are about twenty years out of date.

It's not your fault

So is Ireland though

They teach us both metric and imperial but imperial is more useful for everyday tasks like cooking, walking, and so on. If anything imperial requires more intelligence to use because it doesnt depend on moving mah decimal over but depends on complex and varying conversions.

FPBP

Because it's effeminate, gay shit used by Communists.

lol

The French had to invent metric because they needed a unit smaller than an inch to measure their dicks with

The none-decimal currency was just base 20. 20 pence to the shilling, 20 shillings to the pound. I don't know how you decimal Jews managed to convince everyone this was an incomprehensible system and had to be changed.

We do use the metric system. I'm a scientist and at work we all use metric in chemistry, biology, pharmacology, etc. we just don't have ass pains because we use other systems for daily life.

I do wish we could get rid of imperial for tools. I hate having both sets of wrenchs and shit.

That's wrong, 12 pence to a shilling and 20 shillings to a pound

Made me laugh audibly. Thanks leaf.

Pretty sure there is an American foot on the moon, and not a faggot euro centimeter

That was a fantastic read, thanks.

Units are arbitrary and anyone who's not a faggot can convert between systems.

Why are Americans obsessed with the word "faggot"? Is there something we should know about?

>shooting

What's wrong with metric?

There isn't anything on the Moon. There was no moon landing, ever.