Let me at kim

let me at kim

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

didnt obongo get rid of our a10's?

who said anything about the government run military?

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

i grew up and have always lived around one of the main hubs for these planes... They fly over all the time in squads of 3, and it is fucking awesome to see. It reminds me of how much the rest of the pussy ass pretentious fuck bags that hate the "dumb American wold police." Then they completely rely on our technological advancements without investment, and get saved from terrible entities while doing nothing but saying "Why u spend so much on military, u cavemen." Don't worry, we'll do our part and save you again here soon, just make sure you do your part and judge/complain people who get dirty.

he tried to, it was initially going to happen. It was a good decision to not retire them, because of how effective they still are. The cost to replace would be not be close to the advantage. Troops on ground love these things too and are big morale boosters. They are like plane tanks, tried and true.

I call those things Night Witches.

the chad bullet

forgot pic

Bring some friends.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

wtf i hate king nigger more now

Used to use these for CAS in OEF. The gun makes a noise like you can't imagine. You can see when the plane fires 'cause a huge cloud envelops it, and then a few seconds later you hear the BRRRRRUUUUUUUUPPPP noise. The effects on target are fucking awesome. We called in a gun run on an orchard that had some hajj in it and when we went to do a BDA later we found a dude's beard where it'd been shot off. Blew his fucking body to shreds, beard left intact. 10/10

That said 15s are better CAS 'cause they have better pods and can actually see wtf they're dropping on. 15s can count your leg hairs.

2pbp

Confirmed stolen valor. F-16 was what you meant.... They have sniper and lightening pods with the ability to carry useful amounts of ground ord.

Never had lawn darts for CAS. Range is way too small for OEF, not to mention the lack of loiter. 15s carry a shitload of ordnance, the fuck are you talking about? They mounted lightning IIs IIRC. POG-like typing detected

You are both wrong. Sniper pods and lightening pods suck shit. They can barely tell if an object on the ground is a human or not. There is a reason F16s hate being used for NTISR, and its not because they arnt dropping.. its because they are being asked to the impossible.

t. US Army Targeting Officer who worked extensively with F16s all last year in Afghanistan

Also, the most you will see an F16 carry is about 4x Mk-82 500lbs bombs (with GBU guidance kits of course). Can they carry more? Yes, but not at expense of fuel. I wouldnt call that a lot of ordnance tbhfam.

A10's wont be needed initially.

The "close in" war wont happen until effects of the stand-off attacks are known.

TLDR: A10's be tacticool awesome deathbringers

How might one go about purchasing one of these...asking for a friend

So what's the good and bad of f16's?

If they have those police chopper camera gimbals with IR, mega zoom and a big field of view - a competent pilot should be able to hit a bicycle with his cannon, right?

What are the main complaints you have about the pilots and the f16?

T. Building a he162 once my cryptos moon

gotta make sure it comes with a dragon feeder for the cannon.

Im not saying they are a bad platform, just not the be all end all. We use them extensively mostly because we have tons of them and they are ground based (opposed to carrier launched navy FA 18). The real issue is its a tiny little hybrid fighter, not really excelling at CAS/AI. If you want a ground support plane, you want a B-1 Lancer / Bone. They can hit something like 12 different targets simutaneously. B-52s are still great planes as well and they are currently beinf used in Afghanistan.

When we go to war with a country all the children rush out to collect the metal raining from the sky to sell as scrap haha.

No, but a 15 is right out by that standard. CAS platforms are 16,18 and 10s. Plus rotor. 15s need not apply.

Hmm sounds like ah-64s are the solution, are they any good as infantry support or is it a bit of a meme?

The American jets don't seem that suited for close air support outside of the a10 - delicate and built for speed. Have you been for a ride in any 2 seater f16s?

>didnt obongo get rid of our a10's?
No, he didn't have jack shit to do with it. USAF wanted to get rid of the A-10 because it's yet another separate airframe type, parts supply chain, and training pipeline(s), all for a bird that doesn't do anything exceptionally well that can't be covered by another airframe. Retards in Congress like McCain prevented USAF from retiring it, because it's based out of DM and has the adulation of a bunch of neverserved fanboys that still think low&slow application of gunfire is the state of the art in air to ground.

It's remarkably analogous to BBs in that regard

>Insults A-10
>Tolerates F-35

Opinion discarded.

Hahahaha so funny when you bomb yet another country hahahaha.