Swedish archeologist proves Islam has always been part of Sweden

A glass ring found in a Viking grave belonging to a Swedish woman offers proof that Vikings were in direct contact with the ancient Islamic civilizations.

The ring, which is decorated with glass and not amethyst as previously assumed, has an inscription that reads ”to Allah” or “for Allah” in Arabic, writes ScienceNews.

According to the archeologists behind the discovery, it’s a well-established fact that Scandinavians traded their women in exchange of glass beads with people from Egypt and Mesopotamia as far back as 3,400 years ago -- so it’s not that unlikely to think that Vikings women might’ve taken the trip down there themselves and converted to Islam, says the researchers from Stockholm University.

According to Jeanette Varberg, director of Moesgaard Museum in Denmark, it’s a very exciting discovery. However, she says she’s not surprised that there were multicultural connections between ancient Scandinavia and the Middle East.

I think Islam is what makes many Swedes today jealous of immigrant groups. You have a culture, an identity, a history, something that brings you together. And what do we have? We have Midsummer's Eve and such silly things, said Mona Sahlin, the former Prime Minister of Sweden

sciencenordic.com/ancient-ring-brings-vikings-and-islamic-civilizations-closer-together

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_trade_route
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't the Swedish Jews get caught destroying all kinds of historical artificats selling them for scrap metal? Claiming it would be too costly to examine them?

its viking loot from a raid..

>Retarded Swedish (((academics))) forgot the vikings raided parts of the Umayyad Caliphate

>One single trinket, that was probably traded for and held little significance
>LOOK LOOK SWEDEN WAS ALREADY ISLAMIC OH HOW DIVERSE AND TOLERANT WE ARE

This is as retarded as people with 1/15th Native American ancestry claiming they are Injuns

WE

>Still doesn't know that swedish vikings went to the east and traded with western asia

When does that piece of shit ring get recycled?

Islam isn't that old though?

>Viakang that raided some shithole that had islam
>LOOK SWEDS WHERE MUDSLIM

>vikings-and-islamic-civilizations-closer-together
i have cancer now

>it’s a well-established fact that Scandinavians traded their women in exchange of glass beads with people from Egypt and Mesopotamia as far back as 3,400 years ago

S W E D E N Y E S

WUZ

Of course. Because the vikings never raided anywhere. At all

>article from 2015

State funded propaganda and fake news. Sage

it's been known they've traded with middle east, like syria for a long time.
they had Damascus steel for a long time.

Vikings never raided. Evil men traded Swedish woman to Somali men. The woman however were treated good by the BBC and converted to Islam and then returned somehow and put the ring in a relative's grave.

stoopid trumpsters denying science AGAIN
you are on the wrong side of history come over

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, user

>they had Damascus steel for a long time.
can you give me an example of a viking damascus steel sword?

>raided
This delusion
It's well established that they killed Christians and preferred to trade with muslims

look up the ulfberht
it was made using steel that wasn't capable of being made in europe, but could be made in places like syria. (something to do with the carbon content I think? I'm not a metallurgist)

>ulfberht
from what i know that sword was made with metals from central europe and was most likely forged in europe not the middle east

SWEDEN YES

it's hard to find good info on viking stuff in general to be honest. so idk who is really right, a lot of sites reference damascus/(middle eastern) steel in scandinavia, especially in connection with ulfberht.

This post comes up once every few weeks, swedish vikings and merchants went far east where they traded and even worked as bodyguards (cucks) for rich muslims, the ring was most likely used as a form of currency.

>it's hard to find good info on viking stuff in general to be honest.
well the Swedish seem to try to destroy their own culture so ofcourse there are not gonna be a lot of info on it

not really news at all
it's been known for decades that vikings traded with the islamic world as early as the 8th century. the vikings took slaves and traded them for gold/jewels/silks.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_trade_route

there are viking runes in the hagia sophia in istanbul dated from the 9th century. pic related.