/AHSG/ Atlantic Hurricane Season General - Niggers Be Larping Edition

PASTEBIN: notehub.org/b1v5b

Mandatory and Voluntary Evacuations, Shelter Information:

gov.texas.gov/hurricane

Recent updates:
>50 Confirmed Harvey deaths
>HURRICANE IRMA LATEST INFO
trackthetropics.com/irma
>Harris County flood control officials: no more uncontrolled releases from Addicks, Barker
>The Federal Emergency Management Agency has received more than 507,000 applications for aid in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.
>Oil and gas workers are reboarding offshore platforms and rigs in the Gulf of Mexico to assess damages after Tropical Storm Harvey.
Addicks Reservoir Levels Monitoring
>Harris County
harriscountyfws.org/GageDetail/Index/2110
>USGS
waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?cb_all_=on&cb_00054=on&cb_62615=on&cb_62615=on&format=gif_stats&site_no=08073000&period=&begin_date=2017-08-21&end_date=2017-08-29

>Real Time Info on Rain and Water Levels
harriscountyfws.org/
>NOAA flood gauges
water.weather.gov/ahps/
>National Weather Service Houston:
weather.gov/hgx/
>Storm Visualization:
windy.com/
>Houston Transtar - road cameras:
traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/#

Local MSM Streams
>KHOU 11 Live Stream – Alternate Studio Up
youtube.com/watch?v=9MsaR5ckkmc
>Houston Flooding - Fox 26 Local News Live
youtube.com/watch?v=eo2T8ZljEBY
>KFDM Southeast Texas Channel 6 Live
kfdm.com/live
>Texas Search & Rescue Zello Live
youtube.com/watch?v=E12D6T06uF8

Comfy
>The Weather Channel - Music from Local Forcasts in the 1980s-1990s
twcclassics.com/audio/years.html

Other urls found in this thread:

rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/
nesdis.noaa.gov/content/imagery-and-data
twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/904532185407004672
fgilantranslations.com/shuumatsu-nani-shitemasu-ka-isogashii-desu-ka-sukutte-moratte-ii-desu-ka/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for hit georgia

Hoping for some statues in Charlottesville falling in the wind.

Fuck you. Irma's ours.

My dad's a meteorologist and is panicking because his tracks say it will strike georgia and head directly to atlanta (which is where we live) and will still be a cat 2-3 storm at that point.

can someone redpill me on how to prep for a hurricane? i've never gone through one before. never thought i'd have to plan for weeks without power or something.

i'm in a nice suburb of atlanta btw, so looting isn't a huge concern but i do have firearms.

Another cleanse on sight.

Thanks Jesus.

please destroy atlanta

Aaagghhhhhhh...

Reminder that if you're in the path you're already dead.

It's not going to hit atlanta as a cat 3. Your dad is an idiot of a meteorologist if he's worried about that at this point. So much is gonna change in the next few days

Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach area here. Should I be alarmed?

This is what an actual meteorologist would say.

Secure all outside objects. Bring inside if possible.

Elevate all inside objects off the ground. Before the hurricane, place all furniture on risers. Use cheap cans of food if you have to.

Buy hydrobarriers or sandbags. Have them filled and ready to place before doorways, garagedoors, places to divert the water away from you.

Board up all windows.

Gather up copies of all important documents. Birth certificates, passports, wills, deed to house, car title, insurance, bills with your address on them. Place in ziplock bag. Place that ziplock bag in another ziplock bag. Add to your go bag.

Have current photos of all members of your party with their contact info. Place in the important documents ziplock bag in your go bag.

Have bottled water, and/or a water drum/s. Hurricane water is too contaminated, do not trust a lifestraw or a sawyer to filter out chemical contamination. Boil all water (that did not come from a bottle) before use. Remember, 1 gallon per person, per day.

Make sure any battery packs are fully charged. Check all batteries in radios, flashlights, etc.

Fill vehicle with gas. Fill spare gas cans if you have them.

If the storm causes flooding in your area, kill your breaker before the water crosses your threshold (unless you are taking that Israeli's advice).

Place large tubs/bottles of water in the freezer, allow them to freeze into ice. If you lose power, move all your perishables to the freezer.

Cont...

hes an amateur meterologist, not a professional. cut him some slack.

Looting usually isn't that bad in non-totally-destructive hurricanes because everywhere typically gets flooded. It's hard to rob in a boat.

You'll get flooded in, 'lectrcity might drop for a day or two. People usually just read books or get drunk until it comes back on.

Get some gas early because holy jesus those lines get stupid.

Board up windows or other means of wind getting into the house, if it does then it can blow your roof off.

Park cars close to the house, away from trees. Also trim overly large trees before the storm so they don't fall through your house.

OP should add this
rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/
and this
nesdis.noaa.gov/content/imagery-and-data

SHE'S CHARGING UP!

Any other Houstonfags here tonight? My internet and TV just came back on. I really liked /HFG/, is this what it's become?

...cont.

Go bag list - 2 shirts, 3 underwear, 3 pairs socks, 1 bra (if applicable). 1 pair of pants (if there is room). Important document bag. Medicines that you commonly use, tylenol, midol, advil, asprin, meklazine, zyrtec, rolaids, pepto bismal, etc. Walkie talkies if traveling in a group and if cleared for civilian use (check your local outfitter store). Map of the area. Pen and paper (extremely useful for writing down numbers to call, directions, etc). First aid kit including bandaids, gauze, tweezers, scissors, needle, vet wrap (buy at a ranch store), ace bandage, antibiotic ointment, aloe vera, etc. If you use a mosquito repellant include that as well. $100 in cash, more if you can afford it. Bag of high energy food, protein bars, GORP (granola, oats, raisins, and peanuts), fruit bars, whatever you normally eat while hiking. At least one knife.

If you have space include toothbrush, hairbrush, small container of toothpaste, small travel bottle of shampoo, conditioner, bar of soap, razor, etc.

Be sure to ziplock things that go together, like toiletries bag, medicine bag, documents bag, etc.

Place in your vehicle 5 gallons of water (minimum). Place in your vehicle shelf stable food and the means to open it. Deviled ham, canned tuna, canned chicken, canned fruit, etc. If you have a small camp stove/hibatchi grill include it and appropriate fuel. Note, you can cook over tea light candles if you are patient.

Place in your vehicle a sleeping bag, pillow, tarp, and mosquito net.

Include a tent if you have one.

If you have pets please remember their supplies.

Buy a pool float from Walmart. It is better than nothing.

If you are armed, obviously check everything is in good working condition and that you have a supply of ammo.

Good luck!

>is this what it's become?
Yeah, we became Atlantic Hurrican Season General,. since Irma was announced so close on the heels of Harvey. Glad you're alright, m8.

twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/904532185407004672
>Seems Hurricane #Irma is indeed ramping up over warmer waters w/clearing eye & colder convective cloud tops. ADT (GOES-16) up to T 6.3
You Gave Her Your Energy And She is Powering Up!!!
New Hurricane Hunter Place at 4 am will be interesting to see.

plane*

Fuck dude its just a hurricane, not the end of the world.

Water temp map with approx. Irma center and direction marked, for reference.

what are the chances of Long Island getting hit? I need some excitement in my life

yep, she's just getting started

Roman Forest bro here, I'm about 28 miles north of Houston.

Models are still inaccurate as hell at this time. It won't be until tuesday/wednesday until things true-up.

That kind of attitude is why 1833 niggers got killed by katrina

Can confirm. His dad just flew over my house

Well the dude's in Miami. It's amazing that there isn't anarchy in the streets as-is.

Is this bitch gonna fuck up Charlotte or will it not reach that far inland

Thanks Gents. Hope you guys are okay as well. Since I didn't have any electronic entertainment I've been helping people rip out sheetrock and wet insulation. Not fun, and I'm sore as hell. I have a body built for Sup Forums, not manual labor. Luckily I didn't flood.

American houses aren't made to wistand Hurricanes. Also unlike P.R. most city's and US states are flat and are prone to flooding.

Just looked you up, you're right up the road from me. Kingwood here, we got hit pretty damned hard.

Currently in Roanoke Rapids, NC. Start panicking now, or later?

you niggers have been prattling on about hurricanes for some time now, I caught some streams of the first one but what the fuck how many are there now? are they big ones? I want katrina v2 tbqh

CAN SOMEBODY ANSWER ME?

>I have a body built for Sup Forums, not manual labor.
So fucking true it hurts. Down 40 lbs since Jan. but fuck me it's slow going. I'm an 817 fag, so we didn't get shite but som rain and a bunch of panicky dipshits fighitng over gas like it was beyond thunderdome or some shit. I tis amazing how good helping can feel though. Being useful during a crisis.

niggers larping as waht?

We already had Katrina 2.0 with Harvey ya unobservant fuck

I bought a ccrane wind up radio with a solar panel the night the storm hit. It was delivered about two hours before the power came back on. Make sure you have a battery powered radio or something like that. The lack of information is the worst.

>implying you're not American
Anyway, houses in Florida that were built after Andrew are all made of reinforced concrete with Spanish tile roofs.

Gee it's almost like we just had a horrible hurricane that affected over a million people. What's that? There's another one coming? Welp, I'm sure the already over-stressed emergency infrastructure will handle it just fine.

I'm not the kind of person to help my neighbors, I'm not really social. I spent the last four days? I don't know how long it's really been, just since last Tuesday helping people. It's a good feel desu.

get a shortwave in the future user

what is this pic from user?

My ccrane radio can charge my phone just by cranking a handle on the radio. Pretty nice. Take in to account that cell service will be shit after a disaster. After Ike we could only text for a week. Right now I can only get Edge level data on my phone. I need to buy a good scanner that can pick up a shit ton of frequencies and uses batteries.

Right in muh feels m8. Also, I can't believe I fucking double posted and then double deleted. God dammit.

Do the hurricane hunters have a site for updates?

Around this time of year a tropical storm forms about every week and bets are placed on which will turn into major hurricanes.

Be aware for now. We are still 2-3 days from the track truing up. Chill out until it does. Unless you're wildly unprepared, then, start getting prepared. Just in case, m8.

Is it weird that I genuinely want it to hit me? Like i want an act of God to force me to fight for my life. I want to sit on my damaged roof, with my rifle and a warm beer watching for looters, surrounded in desctruction.

Ariana Grande concert bomb aftermath

I meant to take some pictures of some of the houses, you wouldn't believe it. I got a bunch of nasty cuts on my hands the first day so I was wearing waterproof bandaids, latex gloves, and then work gloves so I didn't get an infection. It didn't make it really practical to take pics on the phone. We went in to one house yesterday that had been locked up since the flood. It was an elderly couple that was out of town for their 50th wedding anniversary. I had to throw a bunch of their stuff away because it was soaked. I'll admit, it choked me up a bit while I was doing it.
>The smell
>The mud
>The fish

Nah, I also crave chaos

can probably still get some radio shack scanners on the cheap before they die completely.
or just a basic uniden bc125at - non digital but gets it done.

I get it but really I think that just means you need to get a hobby. Sounds like you're bored.

Lieutenant Dan?

How come i had to reframe roofs for 6 months after Georges hit you fags in 98. I wonder if the blue FEMA tarps are still up in places

I can't remember the brand but I had one that could tune video as well. I tore my closets up for a while trying to find it. It's non digital and gone afaik. I guess my point is that all FL, GA, SC, NC, and VA should make sure they have a radio that doesn't need to be plugged in.

You are not wrong. Since graduating college I've been bored as hell while searching for a job. All the hobbies I like require money I don't have

Well, running a boat down the street to rescue people who have lost everything isn't really the best solution to your boredom. This week has changed me, it really has.

>how to prep for a hurricane?

>>The smell
>>The mud
>>The fish
I've been there. formerly of South Carolina. Shit sucks. Feel really bad for that couple too. At least they both survived. Hopefully their family is in a position to help them rebuild what they've lost.

I think the entire coast should be on look out but from NC down to Florida prepare for the worst

They don't get home until next week. We are trying to get it to the stage where the fans are going and it needs to be rebuilt stage before they get home. Just hopping from house to house at this point. Never met them, probably never will.

prepper here, get water and canned food if its not to late. Walmart has really nice 7 gallon water juggs for cheap

Can anyone give me a quick run down on Irma? Will it btfo Houston again for a double whammy? Will we finally get tid of Florida once and for good?

You in Texas?

upstate new york posting here, how fucked am I?

>Never met them, probably never will.
I would..prefer that were I you. It's going to be a rough emotional moment for them, andI really wouldn't want to see that.

not enough
t. Miamifag

p.s. take your people back

Yes, if your read up the thread I just got my TV and Internet back tonight. Power came back on yesterday.

All options still on table imo a clearer picture will be Tuesday on

here
spaghettimodels.com/

I'd like to prepare all over her face, nawimsayin?

Back then there used to be slightly more houses made of wood. Now most if not all are made entirely of concrete, rock, bricks and metal rods.

That's kind of how I feel. I've worked in about 8 houses this week. I knew 3 of them. My friend's wife was in tears the other night, that was hard. I can't imagine having to go through that in all of them.

Read vol 4 at

fgilantranslations.com/shuumatsu-nani-shitemasu-ka-isogashii-desu-ka-sukutte-moratte-ii-desu-ka/

You'll reconsider a hell of a lot of stuff in life.

I know too many people from around here that moved to florida, I don't understand the appeal.

I would check a topographic map of your area. Look for levees and see if you're in a flood-prone area that will get 10 feet of fucking water if shit goes bad. If so, get the fuck out. Don't even bother trying to stock up since you'll end up abandoning your goods when the water comes.

If you think you'll be good though, then by all means, stock up on food, water, baby wipes and things like that. Fill your tub up with water so you can flush your toilet in case the power goes out and you lose water pressure. A nice spare battery or solar-powered charger to charge your phone would be cool, too. Also top off your gas tank and maybe fill a gas can up. Then get comfy.

same here, follow her on the gram

Everyone here should fill up. Houston and Beaumont are not refining gas right now, and won't be for a few weeks. Think about that.

Good weather and Cheap.

Holy shit! Coast guard now recruiting through Cajun Navy, asking all boats available to enter Port Arthur for body recovery. Must be mentally prepared to see some shit. Hazmat suits provided.

Don't be a retard. I was doing Cajun Navy shit a few days ago.

Oh boy. I wonder if it will hit cat5

No. I like it when the power goes off. I have an excuse to light candles and use my camping stove. Obviously I do want the power to come back on though.

I forget what the exact quote was and who said it, but basically if you put humans in a utopia, they would be so bored they would destroy it just so something interesting would happen.
By historical standards, most of us live in a near utopia.

>I was doing Cajun Navy shit a few days ago.
What's your point?

I guess I don't have one. Sorry to waste your time.

Nah, miamifag here. I miss the '05 season, shit was lit. I want a good one to hit.

irma will strike with the force of a pachyderma praise kek

i have 350 dollars on irma at cat 5 in the carolinas and cat 4 by Ny.

anybody want to place bets?

where do you go to place bets? I'd do that shit.

Hurricanes damn near die the day they hit the coast line. There's no way for Irma to be 5 at the Carolinas and 4 at NY, unless it hits NC/SC, goes back into the ocean and travels straight north without a second landfall before NY.

goddammit, they just updated it and it looks like it is more off the coast.

FUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK

Odds are favorable, if it can avoid sizable land masses.

where? link?

Digits say Irma hits Philly.

God I fucking hate the people in this city