Burning Man burning man

>Authorities are investigating the death of Aaron Joel Mitchell, 41, who broke through a two-layer security perimeter during the Man Burn event in which a giant, wooden effigy is set ablaze.
>Nevada's Pershing County Sheriff Jerry Allen estimated that there was a crowd of about 50,000 people who were present when the festival's crew of firefighters pulled Mitchell out of the blaze. He was airlifted to the UC Davis hospital burn center in California, where he died Sunday morning.
>"We don't know if it was intentional on his part or if it was just kind of induced by drugs. We're not sure of that yet," Allen said.
>The sheriff's office also says that the attempts to rescue Mitchell were hampered because part of the structure was falling as they were trying to get him out. The sheriff's office says: "Rescuers had to leave him to allow the structure to fall and provide for rescuer safety before they could go back into the flames to extract Aaron from the debris."
>Organizers are also offering emotional support counseling on site, saying in a statement: "Now is a time for closeness, contact and community. Trauma needs processing. Promote calls, hugs, self-care, check-ins, and sleep."
>The festival culminates with the burning of a towering 40-foot effigy made of wood, a symbol of rebirth, which usually happens the Saturday before the Labor Day holiday. It's followed by the burning of a temple on Sunday before the festivities wrap up Monday.
>Attendees have tried before to run into the flames while the man is burning and there have been reported injuries from people trying to get a piece of the spectacle as a token and going through the hot coals.
>"People try to run into the fire as part of their spiritual portion of Burning Man," Allen said. "The significance of the man burning, it's just kind of a rebirth, they burn the man to the ground, a new chapter has started. It's part of their tenants of radical self-expression."

>pic is a burning man at burning man
it's potery

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170904042249/https://www.cbsnews.com/news/burning-man-festival-death-fatality-man-runs-into-flames-black-rock-desert/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know how to archive properly, so this is the best I can do for a link without giving CBS shekels:
web.archive.org/web/20170904042249/https://www.cbsnews.com/news/burning-man-festival-death-fatality-man-runs-into-flames-black-rock-desert/

Thanks for archiving the link. Wow, just wow. I've never liked burning man, even when I first heard about it maybe 13 years ago. Silicon Valley used to be kinda cool, better than Hollywood at least. What the fuck happened?
>Insert Moloch Reference Here

i wish everyone at burning man would become a burning man

LMFAO
thats what they get for not representing minorities properly

>the moment of spiritual awakening

>support "radical self-expression"
>don't let someone burn himself to death
fucking hypocrites

But they did

>"radical self-expression"

I miss the old hippies.

Drugs r bad.

I wonder how much it hurt. he must have been high as fuck when he jumped in there

Just let the fucker burn. Why give a suicide nut the chance to murder you?

take down the barricades and let people have as much radical self expression as they can handle.

>organizers have tried to contain the problem by having their own rangers stage a human chain to prevent people from entering the fire.

is there no video of it?

enjoy my cheap edit

I wonder if he felt pain or if the drugs changed the way he perceived the burning sensation.

Now if only we can make a Jewish festival centered around this.

dude was probably hopped up on so many drugs he most likely saw the flames as some sort of portal from his mind trip.

Burning man is just another excuse to get fucked up on drugs. Like EDC and all those other shit events.

its like a bug zapper but for hippies, a hippie zapper

How about an art exhibit where a drone sprays everyone with white phosphorous?

there's been quite a few deaths at burning man
it's really just silicon valley's version of bohemian grove desu

I can't find a video, but you should be able to piece it together with these three images.

>water bottle
Remember kids, it's important to stay hydrated.

>Last of the Mohicans

Probably took too many drugs, didn't know Jesus and got possesed by a demon which promptly made him run into the fire to be sacrificed.
>please forgive me lord for my sins and everyone itt and right now on Sup Forums
>God bless them father
>You got to know Jesus

*record scratch*

yeah...that' me... you're probably wondering how I got here

is this where he immediately regretted his decision?

Xavier, no!

So if you're a xtian you can make yourself psychotic on drugs and you won't hurt yourself, because doing so is the work of demons who possess you because drugs?

For the first time ever, this year's Burning Man was better than last year's Burning Man.

no but having a spiritual grounding (jesus in his case) will prevent you rom being swallowed by the existential void that high dose hallucinogens can cause and you end up jumping in a burning pile of wood

>So if you're a xtian you can make yourself psychotic on drugs and you won't hurt yourself, because doing so is the work of demons who possess you because drugs?
No, that's free will and you don't get to escape the consecuenses of your actions. However you will have more protection and won't be easily manipulated or influenced into doing something insane and suicidal like the guy in op God is loving and forgiving and he tolerates our sins and mistakes, but up to a point where he steps up his more stern nature and allows the repercussions of your actions to directly affect you, as a warning and a lesson to fix yourself.

There is also a separate issue of whether you have or have not accepted God and Lord Jesus Christ into your life before.

It's democracy

PERSONIFIED

*pottery

anyways, 50k hippies? what a fucking nightmare

For all we know he realized he was god and that running into the flames would allow him to be reborn. Which is a hypothesis we can't disprove.

Also not "existential void".

Or he thought the fire would cool him off because "hey man the opposite is the truth" or some other such high bullshit.

Point is, killing yourself during an induced psychosis isn't the same as suicide. Or maybe negligent suicide, or auto-manslaughter or something.

So if you turn you back on Jesus you'll run into a fire when you take hallucinogens?

Why do we try so hard to prevent idiots from ending their lives?

>He was not under the influence of alcohol but it is not yet known whether he had taken any drugs.

What drugs would make someone do that, assuming he wasn't suicidal to begin with? I hear a lot of bad things about designer drugs.

so you admit he was an aimless drug user who ended up dead, exactly my point, don't know why it took that many sentences to say "you're right".

Personally I feel really bad for the firefighter who was chasing his up till the last moment. This may be very hard on him since he was feet away from saving a guy from that...God bless him.

>So if you turn you back on Jesus you'll run into a fire when you take hallucinogens?
If you say so. However, please logically break down for me exactly how the statements I have made can be logically construed to equate to your statement.

Wrong pic.

Maybe it was Redbull (gives you wings) or Vitamin Water. Those are at least 2 steps above normal water.

Here is the guy before he died. Looks like a bike lock attacker

that picture is fucking badass

very hippie

Lol that guy in the firefighter suit has got some balls of steel. I dunno how tall the man was this year but im sure it was at least 50 feet... could've fallen right on top of him at any time

>I don't know how to archive properly

You just go to archive.is and enter the URL you'd like an archive link for. A few sites don't work with it, however.

this reads like something that would happen in iron age germany or something lel
Völkisch as fuck

kek i loved that show

thanks user

FUCK

My fucking sides, they're in orbit around my inner eye

Almost, but not quite. Needs more human sacrifices.

He'll have been high on psychadelics. Idiot. I just want legal psychadelics and this will be used against them.

Objectively speaking, now is a better time than before to legalize psychedelics: there's one less nutcase out there to abuse them.