Andrew Anglin proposes the creation of a new "free speech registrar"

Gab.ai censored him due to a threat from the registrar, threatening to pull their domain

The Daily Stormer is being scrubbed from the web on the registrar level. Clearly someone who is running these registrars has it out for him.
Tech literate people, would this work? What is involved in starting/running a registrar?

Other urls found in this thread:

icann.org/resources/pages/accreditation-2012-02-25-en
my.mixtape.moe/nmqmpf.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namecoin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's possible. It's just the fact it costs alot of money for them to register with ICANN since now that's how you go about becoming a registrar. It's alotta legal headache, alotta fees, alot of bullshit but it's possible.

Why should I care about this Stormfag

icann.org/resources/pages/accreditation-2012-02-25-en

Having a free speech infrastructure in place would prevent mass censorship, which seems to be where we're heading
I don't like the Daily Stormer either, but the way it was nuked off the face of the internet is extremely disturbing

Andrew Anglin is a manlet cuckold, he's funny though

Everyone should use the same offshore registrars as wares sites

we can always just spread links to the latest stormer volume

my.mixtape.moe/nmqmpf.pdf

Though creating a new, dedicated registrar for alr-right sites seems like a good idea

We should begin a data war. Fucking spam the internet to complete uselessness unless they start to respect free speech. If we can't use it, they can't either.

he should have shut the fuck up after cville and not mocked a dead woman whose body was still warm
>cuckold
he has a gf?

But then they would just shut our registrars out of the submarine communications cable.. They have ALL the infrastructure, it doesnt matter where we go, they can shut us down. Unless we get the firepower to shoot our own satellites in space that is. But then we would literally have two different Internets.

computer science fag here. You buy domain names form registrars but they aren't needed you can simply use an Ip address for your website an no one can fuck with it. A domain name is simply like a "nickname" for a friend. Registrars can have pressure applied to them from any number of (((sources))) like any another biz

There still are a lot of illegal websites, they somehow function and have working domains

Anglin is actually pro free speech for everyone. He's said he'd host communists if they needed it.

So you are saying ICANN is behind shutting all this down? This is the result of moving ICANN to China out of USA jurisdiction of free speech?

CYBER would yield more fruit than SPAM

Usability is the key, the human mind is lazy and inert, it always prefers the shortest path

I wonder if someone could come up with an alternative, blockchain-based domain system. It would be a great idea.

Canary in a coal mine. The move to censorship and control the internet will of course start with the most controversial content. How far will it go though? Is everything you do online 100% politically correct, legal, and corporate friendly? Since you're here on this board, on this site, I'm going to guess no.

Hopefully Gab.ai fails. I have no sympathy for someone pretending to have ideals and folding at the first sign of trouble. Hopefully the owner dies from starvation and all of his children as enslaved.

a lot of illegal shit is used by our governments and secret services. just like most drug trade is used for financing black operations around the globe. the deep web is 90% government services.

Have the stormer guys talked about hosting the website on a local server with a static IP? I guess that server's isp could cut them off.

GNS and namecoin come to mind

Bump. How does tpb stay up?

>So you are saying ICANN is behind shutting all this down?
I don't think so. Just the registrar who received some professional complaint.

There are registrars that ignore complaints, typically in non-western countries.

imagine the registrar is like the phone book and it says "Johns House" rather than the address. Or like your phone when you use voice dialing and say "Call Sarah", the phone links Sarah's phone address (Phone number) with her name and calls it, but you could have just as easily just punched in the address. DNS servers simply are a database with an IP address and "nickname", when you type xxxx.com in the browser it hits the DNS server to get the IP address then directs you there, but you can simply type in the IP address and go there and bypass the DNS server altogether
so they really can;t shut down any server ont he internet only your ability to have ti listed in the "phone book" (DNS server)

I think weev is the angriest one about this

No, only the registrar at this point. But if we wanted to become registrars ourselves, we need a license from ICANN. So even if we succeed, they will just remove our license.
ICANN is based in USA, but is adviced by most governments and NGOs. It's a (( non profit organization )). And no, it's not moved to china. Just not controlled by USA (and therefore it's constitution about free speech).

DNS is already decentralized. Nothing needs to be reinvented, you just need to not use GoDaddy.

oh ok thanks!

Oh yeah, namecoin seems like it

you shouldn't care about him on account of him being a stormfag, but on account of him being targeted for the most extreme form of internet censorship we've ever seen
getting behind him on this issue means working towards an internet where (((the media))) and owners of communication/distribution/dissemination infrastructure can't control the range of speech. this causes their power to create narratives and frames to slip

We make fun of dead mudsharks all the time here.

The precedent is set.

So if we don't want to be shut down we need to support him.

So Gab.ai, the supposed free speech platform, will now be taking their marching orders from ICANN?

This is exactly what ppl warned about when Obama handed over this authority to the international bodies.

You should keep Jared Taylor as the image you hold up. A peaceable old man talking calmly about studies will get more people who disagree on your side than a twat like Anglin.

I am not talking about the deep web. There are tons of regular websites with illegal content, pirated software, CP whose domains work just fine. Otherwise they would have been taken down for, say, DMCA violations

Certain registrars are just complaint-resistant and they just move those complaints into the trash

This is the end point of the internet, and I don't see why anyone is angry or surprised. People back in the Usenet and BBS/Fidonet days spoke about this constantly, how it would consolidate power in the hands of private corporations since only they can power the internet.

Compare a BBS where all you need is a modem and a phone line. That level of independence was values immensely by those people.

Yes, but it's obviously politically motivated who gets to stay and who doesn't. Off course CP is allowed to some extent so the global elite can jerk off in their spare time.

Taylor is absolutely magnificent. He demolishes anyone he debates.

Most DMCA complaints come from the Hollywood Jews. Do you really think they would let anyone stay if they could?

No, Jared Taylor doesn't get millions of views.

Anglin's edgy humor does, and that is why he is effective, and that is why they are afraid of him.

If you want proof, just think about why amren.com is still up and the DS has been almost completely suppressed.

hosting is not the problem. they have ample hosting and own several IPv4 addresses outright. the problem is domain registration. if you don't understand the difference then you don't need to worry about it.

i don't think i've ever mocked someone who died

Some sites are also experimental on the technical level (what is the most efficient way to share data etc). Most torrent sites for example. We are simply the users testing out the software. Youtube doesn't generate revenue, yet google still invests in it. Not because it will be profitable over time, but because it's an excellent tool in controlling information.

Yeah, precisely. A hosting provider has no control over the domain. It's always easier to change a hosting provider while keeping the domain and the whole site structure

Hollywood jews has less to say than information jews. He who controls the spice, controls the universe..

no prob bruv if you have any other question just post mane

Are you really so naive to think that the Jews are ready to part with their shekels in favor of some torrent/streaming sites? Their DMCA complaints just don't work

>ICANN

This is relevant if you want a .com, but you can just bypass ICANN and register a foreign ccTLD.

He would if he is the icon of the victim of suppression of information which you hold up, and if either of the two is to get more attention it should be him.

Welcome to Sup Forums

what about namecoin?
.bit domains?

stormer can't "simply use an IP address" because they receive an incredible amount of denial-of-service attacks. they need to be able to use a DDoS protection service (like bitmitigate, and cloudflare before they were banned from that) in order for the site to remain up. currently they have all the pieces in place other than a trustworthy domain registrar. literally the only thing that will help them at the moment is providing a trustworthy domain registrar.

im calling bullshit on that friendo
everybody was laughing when princess di got drunk driven into a wall

I'm going to show this to George.

how would becoming an independent registrar even help? haven't all daily stormer TLDs been pulled by icann?

also Spencer is a rich fag he should chalk up $200k for it

Get busy

Seems like a really worthy thing to look into

Any platform basing itself mainly on free speech that censors free speech is not worth talking about in any serious way. gabbai can fuck off

no, the individual registrars have been stealing their domains, not ICANN itself. in a couple of cases the registrars were ordered by the governments of the countries where they were based.

Like I said, this is a structural problem with the internet. No amount of dodging or weaving will get us anywhere in the long term, when it's part of the infrastructure that it does this.

Again, this was warned heavily by the BBS users and sysops as people left BBSs for the net.

But now ICANN is a private company, and is soon to be the monopoly. The submarine communications cable is also owned by private companies.

>(like bitmitigate, and cloudflare before they were banned from that) in order for the site to remain up
not necessarily, you can do this yourself it just requires a firewall and access list you have to make yourself, which is a bit of bitch granted but can be done fairly easily.
>literally the only thing that will help them at the moment is providing a trustworthy domain registrar

well of course they want to have a domain who the fuck wants to remember an IP address to visit a website. My point was they can't be shut out of the internet only the "phone book", if it came down to it

Pathetic false flagging viral marketing attempt.

why did weev stop playing wackamole? he should get on it. exhaust every possible tld and domain registrar there is

unironically enough (((weev))) the kike is the most responsible for all this he's the one who wrote the article encouraging people to crash that landhwale's funeral

your enthusiasm is appreciated, but your post reveals in lurid detail that you literally do not understand what you are talking about.

they are working on something more long-term but are remaining silent on it

WOuldnt surprise me if this was the case. I knew that fucking traitor giving up US control of the internet would cause issues

>literally the only thing that will help them at the moment is providing a trustworthy domain registrar.
sorry missed this part. No, they don't need a registrar and will be fine without. They just will prob have trouble getting new visitors with only and IP address to get to them. However there are also ways around this. You can simply open some bs website with a link to your site on it

Im trying to tell you there's much more shekels (and power) in owning the flow of information, than some petty DMCA complaints. Remember torrent sites are more than movies and vidya, it's a shitload of data, books, software and documents. It's a powerful information sharing tool, it's way more valuable than their stupid movies..

please stop embarrassing yourself. it is painful to watch

>If you want proof, just think about why amren.com is still up and the DS has been almost completely suppressed.

Because DS is 10x more offensive, neo-Nazi etc. It is not just because they get more traffic

If you wanted to register a domain for your Danish website, ICANN would have nothing to do with it.

Andrew Anglin is the first American to be unpersoned online and that makes him more renowned than any faggot talking shit here.

if you can't find any registrars that will accept your site [note: this is the current status of the stormer] then you need to establish your own registrar, which requires interaction with ICANN.

Sure I have only built multi national networks and was a computer science professor, please enlighten us as to your expertise and credentials and explain how anything I said wasn't accurate. I am sure everyone is at the edge of their seat to hear your expert ramblings of nonsense you pull outta your ass

That data isn't worth shit. The Hollywood Jews hate it when people watch movies for free and are ready to shut it down by all means, but people still do it, and a lot. Unless the registrar is in the US jurisdiction, they can pretty much go fuck themselves

dont they have a legal battle to worry about?

you are a low-effort troll

*For a .com

they can't find a registrar that will accept them for any TLD.

That's useless, the first reason is usability, and the second reason is that your IP may be not permanent in the end, you might want to change your server, and then you're screwed

nice retort, we are still waiting, why don't you give us the commands o even write an access list in a router

>would this work?
Nope. Domains are for fags anyway, just use the IP. Lots of you people seem to fail to understand that all this (((convenience))) is created by kikes and used as a trap.

>Just not controlled by USA (and therefore it's constitution about free speech).
Which means Obama really did sell us out hard.

but of course everyone knows they won't need it because their ideology is state-sanctioned

building a "free speech" registrar will never work, especially when it's headed by white supremacists.

free speech isn't economical and there are already incredibly effecient and scaled entities that will undercut them and force them out.

it'll become a charity.

the pathway forward has to be with .bit domains or something like that.

Big data is worth way more than what is lost on people pirating movies. you need to think bigger than the hollywood jew.

Maybe Regnery could fund it, if the need starts to become widespread and it really only takes $200,000?

He's probably not super tech saavy and very wary of scammers though

That simply cannot be true. There are are a number of anonymous registrars who accept bitcoin.

Can't use IP if it's not static or obscured in some way by a DDoS protector.

use namecoin you dumbshits
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namecoin

Namecoin's flagship use case is the censorship-resistant top level domain .bit, which is functionally similar to .com or .net domains but is independent of ICANN, the main governing body for domain names.

you can't just use the IP because of denial-of-service attacks. these attacks cannot be mitigated by writing some dipshit access list in a router configuration (like one retarded H1B in this thread is asserting) and i encourage you to spend ten minutes reading about various types of DDoS attacks if you do not already understand why. they need a DDoS-mitigating content delivery network (one domain resolves to multiple globally-distributed reverse proxies, each with its own distinct and ephemeral IP address) in order to remain online. keep in mind that the site backend is wordpress, which is extremely easy to knock over if you can talk directly to it.

no, seriously: i am not making this up. for the last time: they cannot just give out the fucking IP address, and if you don't understand why, then you have some reading to do.

>a certain combination of letters forming a certain combination of words will get you banned on every media platform available
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF FREE SPEECH

yes he did. which is why my blood pressure goes off the roof when liberals mention how Trump will sell out america to corporate interests..

yeah, and they offer essentially no protection in this situation. i've used several of them. have you?

Well it depends on what you consider useless bro. The sites function is to put information out for people to get to it they won;t get anywhere else. Yes it will be hard for new users to get to but these are two diff functions. You have to take what you can get. Again my only point is that they can't simply be censored from the internet only the DNS servers. I did not say this was optimal, it is just the way it is.

>and the second reason is that your IP may be not permanent in the end, you might want to change your server, and then you're screwed

This seldom if ever happens unless you want it too. Again depends on what your purpose is if people want the info you will have ways to get them your IP address through social media whatev. Again I never said this optimal or even desirable but it is what is, at least the site can't simply be shut down is my only point

Why not focus on the development of IPFS? That's basically our best bet for the future of online free speech. It doesn't get nearly as much attention as it should. The project would basically end censorship. More people who are technically capable getting involved would be a huge plus.

Becuase this shit will NOT end at the stormfags.

How can they be forced out?

Is being a registrar competitive? Like there are only so many slots?

Or can you just keep one going as long as you have the money?

We could just make a non profit organization with free speech in the charter, then crowd fund it, couldn't we?

Because your shitty beliefs are next on the agenda to be censored.