Is a ~100 megaton hydrogen bomb really that bad? It is not like the earth would crack in half

Other urls found in this thread:

cheniere.org/
nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Depends on where you throw it. It would be best in los angeles, it would be worst in rome.

in planetary scale, yes, is pretty small, a little fart at most

I support nuking LA

>It is not like the earth would crack in half

Considering there hasn't been an air-det nuke since we covered the ionosphere in metal, there's no way to know.

100 megaton would be overkill, even for nuking and killing Germans.

Most of the energy would be lost to space. 10-10mt would fuck more shit up.

You couldnt destroy los Angeles Without destroying Las Vegas

>nuke Jay Leno's immaculate car collection
Nuke niggers and LGBTestless in San Fran instead. Knock out Apple too, kek

Don't write the full comment in the options menu please
It would cause widespread devastation and depending on target areas leave millions dead

TSAR BOMB HITTING YELLOWSTONE COULD CAUSE SOME MAJOR DAMAGE

oh no degenerate capital, how would the world recover.

I guess the big question I am asking is why not normalize the acceptance of using these? It is not like the movie Threads after all, just a slightly more powerful explosion, and many of the modern ones are much more environmentally conscious and have megaton yields WAY less than Hiroshima.

luke others have said, depends on where its set off, for the best bang for the buck it should be detonated just off the continental shelf as close to commiefornia as possible, the resulting tsunami would cleanse this nation of a major portion of its cancer and not be as devastating fallout wise.

kimmy un cant aim his shit, and we cant shoot it down if its under literal miles of ocean. this is his best bet.

The 2004 Earthquake in the Indian Ocean was like 10k gigatons.

the chicxulub impact was about 100 million megatons and even that didn't leave too big of a dent (even if it did make a big mess).

100 megatons is not that much, although it is 10 thousand hiroshima bombs, still thats small in the scale of the planet

the impact that supposedly kill the dinasours was ONE MILLION 100 megaton bombs, all at once

HEY THATS NOT VERY FUNNY LAS VEGAS IS PRETTY COOL I SHOULD KNOW I WENT THERE WHEN I WAS A KID AND IT WAS PRETTY FUN THINK OF ALL THE LIGHTS YOURE JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE YOU NEVER GOT TO GO THERE THAT MOVIE THE HANGOVER WAS PRETTY FUNNY YOU GOT TO ADMIT I OWN ALL THREE ON BLURAY I HOPE THEY MAKE ANOTHER ONE ONE MAN WOLFPACK AMIRITE LOL PRAISE KEK TOP LEL

Yeah, but you'd need to destroy all of LA, or those fuckers might move east where I live.

UN hivemind in the working,

good job faggot

Earth ate another planet and swallowed it's core. No we can not crack it in half

Jay Leno's cars were the first thing I thought of when I heard LA was on fire

I wouldn't say it ate Theia.

The moon still exists, after all.

If he isn't moving them inland, he's a mong.
But then we are talking about Jay Leno...
If he isn't moving them inland, he's a gargantuan mong.

sad.

What's up with the moon? Where did that weird ass thing come from?

stop flirting with me using your degeneracy

Hollow satellite crafted from Theia.

Why mention 100 Megaton? Nork popper is only 100 Kilotons.

10/10 post

>The energy released on the Earth's surface only (ME, which is the seismic potential for damage) by the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami was estimated at 1.1×1017 joules,[30] or 26 megatons of TNT.

t. wikipedia

9.6kgt was released including what was released lower into the earth.

It's also worth mentioning that energy was released over like 6 minutes, not all within a millisecond like a nuclear bomb would be.

tl;dr don't release shit from your ass onto this board

once you break the second stage, and get fusion, is relatively easy to scale up

Yes but the fireblast isnt the only thing to worry about here. EMP blast and radioactive fallout being the others.

its a world ship. not a natural satellite. its surface is covered in exactly the same mix of materials you would want to insulate occupants from the radiation in space. the craters only get so deep regardless of the impact. distance is exact distance to cover the suns light. seems to be hollow. UFOs galore spotted by both nasa and amateur astronomers. lights and tracks can be seen on the surface. either we have a base, or there were already people there when we arrived.

lots of info on the theory out there if youre interested.

It wouldn't actually crack the Earth, nice hyperbole, but hydrogen bombs are exponentially more powerful than nuclear bombs. They are far more devastating.

>Why mention 100 Megaton? Nork popper is only 100 Kilotons.

You busted me. That was my intent.

Weren't they saying emp? Arnt we more worried about air burst anyways

Leave jay alone. leave him alone

There's literally nothing wrong with a 100MT hydrogen bomb.

>tfw barely live outside on the safe zone
>tfw I will witness the biggest happening in american history

If you hit Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant in Avila, CA which sits directly on the San Andreas fault, that would be pretty devastating and send shockwaves up and down the coast, potentially triggering a massive earthquake. There are other places that would be potential targets that are not necessarily population centers that could have a knock-on effect that would be devastating and would have far more wide-reaching impact than nuking LA for example.

Sup Forumsacks only seem to think of the cities & population, but military planners & intel think of other types of targets, too.

What the fuck are you talking about, Hiroshima was 15 kt that's 0,015 Mt.. We're talking 100 Mt vs 0,015 Mt.

To put in in perspective, the fireball of such a weapon would be calculated in dozens of kilometers. Hiroshima's fireball was a few hundred meters wide at best. Imagine a fucking ball of FIRE burning as hot as a sun on the surface of the earth. For miles. With winds and changes in pressure so important they could LITERALLY knock the shit out of you all the while melting your fucking face and eyeballs away like a fucking fruit under an industrial rust removal laser gun even though you are three hundred kilometers away from its hypocenter

that's a whole lot of "fuck you" for an "environmentally conscious" device you fucking nigger

We're tired of your CIA lies. We know you blow that shit up all the time under ground.

>t. french cuck with weak nukes

I live in Tucson, and I for one welcome Arizona's new ocean front.

>Proto-Earth knocked into Theia
>leftovers of Theia formed asteroid belt
and then either
>ayylmaos built device as though a microscope to study creatures that swarm and thrive in a drop of water, using asteroid belt
or
>one big asteroid became American
>ate all the other asteroids

Bombs are for nazis

Fuck off nazi scum

The question was one of target location and resulting devastation. Lighting one off underground in testing is not comparable to the question asked or answered. Perhaps I'm woefully underinformed but I'm not aware of CIA igniting any hydrogen bombs in testing locations anywhere (inb4 false flags) - that's strictly military.

all these traitors wanting to destroy America
ahmed cucked you all you faggots. I'll enjoy USA ruling over all you faggots for centuries to come. COME AT ME FAGGOTS, HEIL AMERICA

absolutely this.
all modern nukes are many-fold more powerful than either bomb dropped on japan.
i really enjoyed reading that post, btw

CIA NIGGERS
MIT NIGGERS GLOW IN THE DARK
ALWAYS HAVE MILITARY ASSETS
READ "THE SECRET TEAM" BY COL. L. FLETCHER PROUTY RET.

>mfw i live in los osos, on the other side of the canyon

poor lad, youre like a cabin boy blowing the captain who doesnt even know the ship is sinking. trump wasnt chosen to rock the boat you pleb, we chose him to crash the fucker. all is going as planned.

Read the post of the guy I'm responding to. Also yeah nah our arsenal's good

Enough nukes go off at the same time can set fire to the earths atmosphere.

Like 5 or 6.

>our
lol did rapefugees bring a dirty bomb with them achmed?

thats why we need more co2 tbqh

This obviously includes all animals, infrastructure and vegetation as well. It could also cause a volcano to obliterate most of the United States or a quake that would rock the hemisphere

hit the cia niggers with your automobiles

Yes, and people don't generally realize these are exploded OVER a target for maximum effect - craters don't damage the same radius or degree. Hydrogen bombs are exponentially more powerful - think Tunguska...

this is fucking wrong though. we dont have o2 in enough concentration to be combustable, the majority of our atmosphere is carbon dioxide, not flammable

Hey I think I know how we can solve the Israel/Palestine problem

Stop shouting, you'll wake the baby!

What about the tsarbomba? Was it not like way bigger than 5 or 6?

They dialed it back from full yield because russians are pussies.

While I think the subject is surrounded with hysteria, I think the Frenchie is correct. We should not play with bombs that use nukes as triggers, nor should we tolerate those who do.

>MIT NIGGERS GLOW IN THE DARK
made me kek
>READ "THE SECRET TEAM" BY COL. L. FLETCHER PROUTY RET.
Will do. I'm just a random neet who likes exotic weapons research and weird shit like that.
You might look into Lt. Col. Tom Bearden (Ret.)
cheniere.org/

Sure thing americuck

You guys keep comparing dicks with russia while we maintain an useful arsenal that doesn't cost our taxpayers their healthcare in dismantling costs

oh wait, that already happened

Doubt it, you have no idea what it would take to make Yellowstone explode.

The Tsar is 100 Mt

for real?
the earth was formed by vortex accumulation. it was a opened ended bubble, until a large planet flew by, distorting spacetime and ripping a little moon bubble out of earth (also closing the north pole in the process.) the moon was ripped from the pacific sea area and the earth bubble got a bit smaller when it happened.
So the moon in a wee bubble of earth.

Good luck not finding your own nukes or radioactive material on the black market at some point in history

Oh no, you're fucked. Neat park, tho.

Nope

nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Actually it's mostly nitrogen u Fucking retarded faggot alt left granny. If it was most co2 you would be Fucking dead. I'd love to shove all trannys and alt into mostly co2 rooms tho

A 100 Mt bomb would only produce a fireball just under 8 km

Jesus Christ, americans are dumb beyond belief!
I will save this thread as a constipation medicine.

No, but it's not an attractive option since it's much more effective to have a lot of smaller nukes than one big bomb.

excuse me we don't use fag measurements here ok?

Eat that shit, Faggot.

See

I am all out of sides

You forgot to activate your proxy.

if you nuke the Yellowstone Supervolcano, it would destroy most of the United States

That's what IFL Science said on Facebook

Sorry babe. About 5 miles.

Yeah and Bill Nye the No-Science Guy said we were ALL GON' DIE

General Mattis called Air Force Global Strike Command headquarters shortly after he issued the go code. I have a portion of the transcript of that conversation if you'd like me to post it.

No.

The Sumatra EQ was measured in gigatons.

>Those Vegas digits

Nearest gun store is 2mi away. I'll be fine.

Google environmental effects of tsar bomba test in america. It tells you about the resulting radiated rain that happened from the 50 megaton blast

It is sad. Most don't understand the difference between atom bomb and hydrogen bomb and so are conflating the two without any scientific difference as to the mechanisms or understanding of the different levels of devastation between each.

>only

>google

not believing nothing from those result tampering kikes

I wonder how long it will take before they come up with a better cover story for Fukushima.

>OH SHIT SON
>OBAMA JUST DRONED THAT SHIT
>HERE LOOK AT THE PICTARS

>history of cold war tech is political
Then use a different browser dumbass. Check wikipedia at least.

>Neat park
which? do you mean the elfin forest? montana de oro?

i just hope i'm sitting at the bar when it happens.

2 Ash zones, so 4 eruptions before America becomes Pokemon master.

>Pic
I-is she a Bog?

NUKES ARE 75 YEARS OLD

ROCKS WILL MELT