twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/904941389846372352
youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RIP MIAMI
RIP TAMPA

This is a fucking katrina picture fuck off

GUYS I'M STEAMING DIRECTLY INTO THE EYE WALL OF IRMA HOW FUCKED AM I

Cat 5 is 158mph, 137 knots.

Reminder that the last pass through the storm saw 940mb in the core, and she got deeper every pass during the last mission.

just get an umbrella lol

pls leave tampa alone

me and my family can't afford being raped by a hurricane

>when you're so mad that people are being comfy and prepared that you try to get the mods to ban hurricane threads

ReviewBrah lives in Florida now

126 hours, HMON. This would be worldwide record low pressure, but such intensities are likely well exaggerated.

I've got friends who live by the Keys driving up near the GA border to get a hotel at least through Monday, and if it looks bad, they'll head north before it makes landfall.

They just don't want to go too far north only to have Irma swing towards Atlanta/SC instead and get caught. If you live in southern Florida, get your ass in gear and be ready to GTFO in the next 48 hours.

If it goes up the Gulf Coast you can kiss Tampa goodbye

WORRY

>get your ass in gear and be ready to GTFO in the next 48

Florida's plan to contra-flow interstates is a total clusterfuck

The GFS Ensembles Fuck Tampa. Has me worried her in Pinellas. :(

yeah, u see that shit? that's a new level of fucked up.

Innocent people get the fuck outta the way, kek needs to wipe the Everglades free of molech cultists with Gatorcane 2: Eclectic Jigaboo

here*

>kek needs to wipe the Everglades free of molech cultists with Gatorcane 2: Eclectic Jigaboo
You mean Tampa

What is the significance of GFS models compared to other models?

That's in part why. Also, we should have a better idea by Thursday whether or not this is going to swerve to the east or west of Florida, or just go straight up from south to north and just plow through the whole state.

This hurricane will make everyone forget about Harvey.

It is one of the leading models. The GFS is American and the Euro (or ECMWF) is the other leading model.

Hurricane Henirmuan

So Tampa is 100% fucked

Will Irma actually reach the northern east coast in any serious way?

Oops it was harvey not henry

The damage is going to be astronomically fucking worse. 1/3rd of Tampa sits barely a fucking foot above the water. The city will never recover from a major hurricane

Wondering this too. NC here, don't want any part of this shit.

Still too early to know where in Florida. Since the strongest part of the storm is the eastern side the East Coast might receive the worst.

>Parents live in Palm Harbor
Fug

looking more like it :(

NC can still get fucked. NY is unlikely.

I would assume alot of rain once the remenants work their way up. Might aggravate other systems up north though depending on the weather after landfall

Interstates are going to be packed, take the back roads instead.

One of my good friends lives in Miami, how boned at they looking?

wtf is going on in the eye now??
a fucking tonsil??

twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/904941389846372352

Just finished getting my supplies ready, should last me a day or two.

Possible dual eye formation, how bad is that?

>The city will never recover from a major hurricane
They might as well give the land back to the sea. It was a good run.

I'm in Boca Raton. Models still unsure if it would hit east west or in the middle bisecting the state. However the strongest parts of a hurricane are on the north and east sides.

Who else got their supplies ready?

I dk man. my sis is down there right now and she doesn't seem to grasp how serious this shit is. by the looks of it Miami is going to get rekt- but after that who the fuck knows. its not looking good though.

>go into walmart today
>water is actually completely gone from the shelves

Old eyewall could be dissolving and new one forming.

HERE WE FUCKING GO BOYS

is that what is going on here? has this ever happened before?

Well shit. I'm in Florida at the moment, going back to NC Wednesday. I'll stock up when i get back, considering my small town is prone to losing power in strong storms. Anything to prioritize beyond water and canned foods?

He's getting out of there, but I just don't wanna have him go through the pain of losing his home.

>my sis is down there right now and she doesn't seem to grasp how serious this shit is
My brother (A yankee) is down there for some wedding....He is by nature a bit obtuse for information collection and processing....I texted him like 10 minutes ago, and he tells me its the first he herd of anything. I was like WTF, you need to observe the weather, and do as others....get the fuck out.

"Its a wedding, it will be cool"

Translation: I am stoned/drunk/tripping

Oh boy, Hope everyone with a brain gets out.

Could be eyewall replacement. It happens when storms are fucking big, but it also tends to weaken them.

just collect rainwater from the hurricane

You don't understand how storm surge works. Actual landfall in Tampa is not particularly likely. The eastern side of the storm is where the storm surge congregates and if a major hurricane skirts by the Tampa-St. Petersburg area it's going through the bay and washing out easily 1/3rd of the city. Stick a fork in her.

No it wasn't. Tampa's a shithole infested with snowbirds, commiefornia transplants, and niggers. it's better off under water.

Does kek?

>tonsil
Irma has become sentient

ammo and medical supplies wouldnt hurt
lighters wouldnt be a bad thing to grab either

the Walmart and Walgreens in my town looked like black Friday, the lines were also super long. i just wanted some sourpatch kids.

>No it wasn't.
You miss the irony. It was a good run because it is over soon, and people like me can enjoy the fishing in a few years. Only total wack jobs on pole homes should be there.

It also causes their windfields to expand during each one, and once they complete the storm generally re-strengthens and gets even stronger.

Considering models are predicting a Sub-900mb storm, its to be expected.

Looks like the typical Amerimutt diet.

I like Boca. Is property affordable?

It also means larger wind field and likely increased intensification after that. I guess this can be called an annular hurricane now.

gas... a bunch of texas refineries are still offline. there could be a huge shortage during critical evacuation times

This is why you keep this shit in rotation supply. A case of water bottles per person in the house plus one, and as you drink the water in daily use you just replace it.

captcha pic related (forgetting to turn on legacy pays off sometimes)

yeah, I feel ya. when is he leaving? hopefully he has home insurance, but even with insurance it would still really suck to be in that situation.

Is this shit gonna appear again?

Windy kicks ass, is this a reputable site?

>survives hurricane Irma
>dies from diabetes

704 here

youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M

His parent live on the other side of the state, so he's going to live with them for a bit. I told him that it looks like the entire state might be getting fucked, and he said he's keeping an eye on it. Leaving Thursday I think.

That violates the NAP

Got plenty of ammo and lighters, no worries there. I'll look into medical supplies.

Got a couple gas jugs laying around, I'll grab them. Thanks guys.

I've heard another Hurricane is forming up behind Irma, what's the deal with that?

oh jesus. that is almost exactly what my sis told me (sans the wedding part). I don't know if this is some kind of sick Darwinian type shit going on, but I really hope they both come to their senses and gtfo.

Went through a Cat 4 no problem last time here in SW Florida.

I'm worried this time because we had massive flooding from a little rain last week and all the media talking about how bad the city let the drainage system get. Pretty sure my family is planning on riding it out with shutters but it feels like doomsday approaching to me.

Hurricane Rape train

Kek's will be done

There's another formation named Jose that's a bit behind Irma.

There's been talk of Irma slingshotting Jose up to New York, where it could potentially be a CAT 3.

There's also been less credible talk of Jose merging with Irma somehow.

Right now though, it's pretty much just a meme because it's being about as indecisive as a robot about whether it wants to make landfall.

>what's the deal with that?
Hurricane season, bud.

>Went through a Cat 4 no problem last time here in SW Florida.
Let me guess: Charley

Anyone else rooting for the tracks that take it through Philly?

yep

>tfw you realize she's been sentient all along

>Cat 3 hitting NY
lol they still havent fixed their shit from sandy and that was only a tropical storm

yea, it's pretty nice. same with delray and deerfield beach i think

I have family in Clearwater, I love a good happening as much as the next guy but this would sink Pinellas

I remember that storm was going to skirt the coast right off Pinellas and wash a large part of Tampa into the ocean and then it didn't

It's not bad, might be on sale after next weekend

Nigger, it would sink the whole fucking area

I don't wanna lose all my animu shit to water, please kill NC instead.

r.i.p. x-pipes

704 here as well, Honestly I'm hoping for a "worst case" scenario just to have something interesting happen around here

We were told it was going to miss us, then all of a sudden on the radio "whoops Charley is making a beeline right for us if you didn't evacuate to a shelter it's too late to now, stay inside your homes"

Are you still fucked 10 miles inland?

no jawbreakers? damn

I'm in SC, Columbia area. How fucked am I if it comes? Hugo came 3 years before I was born