all stations go in here and tune in 11175
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

SKYKING freqencies:
main: 8992 11175
backup: 4724 6739 13200 15016
MODE: USB

| Main WebSDR:
| [Loc JO32kf]

What YOU need to know --> numbers-stations.com/media/articles/EAMs.pdf ominous-valve.com/hfgcs.txt

Alternative WebSDRs that can be tuned to SKYKING:
[Loc FN21mh] fq 4724 8992 15016
[Loc KO04sd] fq 4724 6739 8992
[Loc GH80Ac] fq 4724 6739 11175
[Loc NO13th] fq 13200 15016
[Loc JN70fq] fq 13200 15016
[Loc LO64dv] fq 6739 13200 15016
[Loc FN20xd] fq 4724 6739 15016
[Loc GG53ob] fq 4724 6739 15016
Full list gist.github.com/anonymous/2e448b4287ddcc05ade7c90778d57eac
Location of listening stations - Maidenhead Grid Square - levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php

MILITARY AIR TRAFFIC: global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html
Go to options, filters (check enable filters), and select military.

Callsign list (NOT UP TO DATE): panix.com/~clay/scanning/Frequencies/Military/mil-callsigns.txt
[Laughs in Skying but does not answer.]

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1WWK3x6Vtiw
vocaroo.com/i/s1gMTQmIiWXb
vocaroo.com/i/s0PYyYz55B8c
youtube.com/watch?v=7zn6duEhK4U
youtube.com/watch?v=fMH_2pBAEe0
vocaroo.com/i/s1aikbkLIQt5
shortwaveradio.ch/radio-e/radio-index-e.htm
koreas.liveuamap.com/en/2017/05-september-kcna-the-us-is-entirely-to-blame-for-com
youtube.com/watch?v=I0AxrOUJ62E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

vocaroo.com/i/s1WWK3x6Vtiw whats dis
358.5KHz AM

not sure, its still happening could ask one of the ham fags in the sdr chat

Hambro checking in again for another Skyking thread. I'm going to recommend you get your own shortwave radio in case SHTF, you probably won't be able to listen on the WebSDR. Get a radio that can receive SSB and run on batteries. I recommend the Sony ICF-SW7600GR, it's the last consumer price range SW radio made in Japan. Get one while you can, I have one and enjoy it, but any radio that can receive SSB will get the Kangs.

I'll be monitoring the thread, ask away if you have a general radio question and if you want to buy, post budget.

Also get your ham radio license, what are you, a lazy pleb? Get to work!

All Stations

you hearin the skykang channel rn? theyre transmitting a new message im recording

Why are these threads so comfy?

did he say quickling at the start? for the code book phrase

Hard to tell if it's a harmonic of something or what. Doesn't sound like a data transmission to me but it could be?

Who knows. Those extra low bands are filled with weird signals.

Sounds like Quickling or similar, yeah.

That's the station's callsign.

yea i heard quickling out. at the end

NEW MESSAGE!!!!
vocaroo.com/i/s1gMTQmIiWXb

I don't know but it's true.

So glad we finally got a Pepe.

AYO DIS IZ SKYKANG420

WADDUP POL YA PASTEY MOFUKKAS

YALL KNO U MUH DAWGS THO
FUK THA JEWISH BANKERS N LAWYERS

SKYKANG OUT
PEACEEE

>you will never be a coolguy saying callsigns

Just the daily morning messages. There will probably be a few more before a few hours of silence and a couple of test counts.
Keep in mind, some prick has been broadcasting Morse code over 8992, the USAF don't use Morse code over HFGC, so keep that in mind before getting worked up over it.

2 in a row just now:

ALL STATIONS this is quickling break
BAZ2X5 standby
BAZ2X5 standby
BAZ2X5 standby
message follows
BAZ2X5 GK?WKF 7ESHX7 HGFJK5 XRLKYS
BAZ2X5 GKPWKF 7ESHX7 HGFJK5 XRLKYS

This is quickling(?), out

ALL STATIONS this is quickling break
BAUNYE standby
BAUNYE standby
BAUNYE standby
message follows
BAUNYE PWVHHY 3EZ6J6 4CFJ4L PEZFYD
BAUNYE PWVHHY 3EZ6J6 4CFJ4L PEZFYD

This is quickling(?), out

I have a baofang, what can/should I do with that?
I have programed ~20 SHTF frequencies but all I ever hear on it is weather radio reports

callsign list:

Milkyway
Glenmore
Sulfate
Shotgun
Original
Orange
Quickling

"If someone says "This is Original, Original, Break." They're basically saying "The phrase for today is Original, use this phrase in your codebook to decipher this message if it is intended for your station.""

makes sense cause we've never heard from the others since

because we'll know the korean bbq is going to happen a few minutes before everyone else

Reported

vocaroo.com/i/s0PYyYz55B8c

fuck a bong

i never knew someone could be more autistic than us

IDS HABBENIN

I CAN SMELL THE CART STARTS FROM HERE

its military shit , discussing North korea and war how is this not Sup Forums

Go back to sleep mate.

Current events

NK watch

War is the continuation of politics by other means you nigger mods leave us alone reeeeeeeee

he's just a newcunt. Oldfags know skyking is part of Sup Forums

It's only meant for local communications. If you don't have your license please don't try to transmit until after the literal end of the world.

Playing this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=7zn6duEhK4U

While listenning to
youtube.com/watch?v=fMH_2pBAEe0
and Skykings

It's not a callsign, it's the phrase for the day to keep all the station's decipher codes in sync.
The only stations who generally don't do this are major Air Force bases like Andrews, but even then I've noticed messages that were clearly from Andrews use the daily phrase without saying it was from Andrews. You generally learn the source based on who's reading them, some of the personal who read these messages have very distinct accents.
There's one woman who's clearly Black and from California who sends messages from Andrews, you can't miss her.

user do you actually have the radio in the picture? I'm thinking about getting one but i'm not completely sold yet

bracing for impact while comfy at my computer is how i want to die

comfy af waifu sleep skytendies

Even then I think the HAM nazis will still find you

CHECKED

This is as political as it gets, MONGOLOID.

Checked.

Yep but instead of putting pins in your coax they'll probably just kill you...

NEW MESSAGE

all stations quick break bravo alpha yankee echo tango STANDBYE

Red Team call going on right now.

All my crypto shit is crashing and I dont care. I will gladly sacrifice it all to see the end of the Normies world.

is that a reverb im hearing or is it someone in the background reading to the guy talking the message

BAYET4 VBMVCI JSZ2ZC 3PTSOS YYDWWX

This is Quickling, out

bdyet vbmvc jsz zc ptsosyydwwx ?

What does it all mean?? was he throwing numbers in there?

Hambro what are your thoughts on the Grundig Satellit?

vocaroo.com/i/s1aikbkLIQt5

complete recording

TARGET COORDS

Perhaps radio in the background receiving the message.

There's some type of data/Morse along with it.

They are (not-decodable) one-time pad codes. BAYET4 is probably the code for the recipient of the message. The rest tells them what book/page/whatever to check for their instructions. Inscrutable messages to us, but it's interesting to see the frequency and length, etc.

Defense Contractor here. This user has it.

New message

It's normal, the radio transmission is quite literally going around the entire Earth and being picked up by the antenna twice. Even though it's traveling at the speed of light, there's tiny but noticeable delay.

new meme

Usually there is an irl milfag or two larping in these threads. None tonight. Strap in.

There have been a number of radios to have that branding over the years. They've all been the upscale radio for the time period. By today's standards, the last few models have excellent performance. Before the '80s or so they weren't as good as a more modern radio (but still good for the time period).

They're known as table radios, portable in theory but with the big speaker and large controls, more suited to stationary listening. Currently they're made by Eton. I haven't used the most current one, but people seem to like it just fine if you read the reviews. For $400 you're getting closer to something like pic if you're willing to buy used, it will have features for a more advanced user such as noise blanking.

On the other hand, the Sony I recommend has an even better receiver, is cheaper (even if you spring for the optional AN-LP1 loop antenna which I also have and highly recommend) and if you need big sound you can always plug in an external speaker or plug it into your home stereo system.

This guy's site has a ton of reviews of a large number of current and older shortwave sets, it's worth a look.

shortwaveradio.ch/radio-e/radio-index-e.htm

Civilianfag here, can any milfag calm me down about NOKO?

thanks user, i'll probably go with the sony model for the price and better receiver, would you recommend a hand crank for extra SHTF usability?

i heard anonymoose can get my ips and tinder when i go to that website.

HOW TO USE A RADIO for newbies and lightly experienced users alike:

If your radio has variable RF gain or an attenuator, you'll want to pay attention. If you're listening and notice that there's static or a background noise, and it's fairly loud, turn down your RF gain and / or switch on that attenuator. It seems counter-intuitive for sure, you're literally making your radio less sensitive! However, what you're doing is making sure that less of that hissy background noise makes it "through" the front-end of the radio to the audio stage, where it's amplified and makes your ears uncomfortable. If you turn down the RF gain or use the attenuator, you will probably want to turn your volume up a bit. It really depends on the radio, and if it has automatic gain control, and how it works. Some radios with AGC ignore RF gain unless AGC is switched off, better radios will allow you to use both at once and even tweak the AGC settings.

Crickets will be your reply. I am sorry. So sorry.

koreas.liveuamap.com/en/2017/05-september-kcna-the-us-is-entirely-to-blame-for-com

only if you don't type something into the callsign field even if they get my ip wtf can they do find out what city of 7 million people i live in

I have solar and a generator and a number of 12v batteries from tiny to huge. Hand cranks are a shitty plastic meme, sadly. However solar chargers for AA batteries are cheap these days and effective. I have a GoalZero Nomad 13 which I use to charge both pen cells and my 12v batteries on the go, I like it quite a bit. It also has output so you can charge a phone or tablet with it.

Triangulation is a bitch, Newfreind.

i'll take routing protocols for 500, alex

Care for a Daily Double?

get comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=I0AxrOUJ62E

thanks hambro, also is there any cheaper alternative to the AN-LP1 loop?

I"LL BET IT ALL ALEX

Not really, it's pretty much the cheapest loop antenna on the market and will work with anything. You can build one cheaper though.

Here's my loop antenna, some hamfag here in the USA made a bunch for an un-named European military force and made some extras to sell to hams. It was expensive but it's built like a shit ton of bricks, and works amazingly well. I'm using it right now.

fag thread DETECTED

fuck off back to >>Sup Forums and >>/qst/

literal fag detected

Tip: use potentiometers in the place of resistors.
The problem I've found with basic emitter amplifiers being used for for active antennas is the fact that they're never perfect when you build them with set values. Small adjustments can fix all of those problems, and can help a lot.
The best solution is to put the amplifier in a project box with the knobs for the potentiometers sticking out the top.

thanks hambro, here's hoping I actually get to use it if SHTF

Any good reading/info about radio comms? /k/ommado here my deepest knowledge or radios is programming a scanner to tune in my local emergency services. I'm sure I could google but do you any good references?

I have a Tecsun R9012
Dirt cheap and analog so if SHTF you can save battery life without those fancy displays. Also less electronics to be damaged in the event of an EMP

And finally you can easily hillbilly the thing and power it with just 6 solar cells in the event you run out of power since it runs on 2 AA batteries.
I've also got a Sangean portable antenna which makes an insane quality booster
I'm in California and I regularly get broadcasts from China and japan with that thing. It punches well above it's weight in my opinion

The Fagometer just pegged. Pun intended.

So, what will be the Political Fallout if these Skyking messages are for Military action? *nudge nudge*

What do you mean? They are all for military action. There's no politics involved.

Military Action is by Definition a Political Action. Westpoint Elementry 101.

Yep, always use pots on anything homebrew or even prototypes. Great advice. I'm going to try a few of Nandu's crystal radio circuits, if you don't know about him, he's an Indian guy who is at the forefront of crystal radio tech, and his blog (Nandu's Thoughts) is a really great source of ideas.

ARRL Handbook will teach you everything you need to know and more.

Great job user, you ever listen to Brother Scare? I use his broadcasts to check reception now that Harold Camping is offline.

>you ever listen to Brother Scare
no but I usually tune to the UTC thing that announces the time every minute to check signal
However the Tecsun doesn't get the skyking frequencies so I'm looking to upgrade once I get some money saved

Putin: Military hysteria over N. Korea may lead to planetary catastrophe, heavy loss of life

even putin wants off the ride now kek

I'm also looking to snipe a cheap car CB radio since you can't rely on cell towers during any disaster since everybody panics and clogs the digital pipes trying to contact people

Haven't been listening for a day now, is it still as active as 2 days ago when they had a long character message each 30 minutes?

high levels of nu/pol/ detected. sorry you can't le downvote this.

CB radio's a shitshow often times but you'll be able to talk to truckers and such who often have access to good information and are lonely. I don't know anything about which ones are any good though. In an emergency *coff coff* it'd be legal for a ham to use their more capable and powerful radio on CB radio frequencies, but of course that's completely theoretical.

who /comfy/ here?

thanks brother have some hot ass

Thanks

tfw you've listened to skyking regularly since 2013 and it's not happened yet