What is Sup Forums's thoughts about this book? Is it worth buying? Is there something better along the same lines?

What is Sup Forums's thoughts about this book? Is it worth buying? Is there something better along the same lines?

It's just a handful of stories about how some shit happened with some pseudoscience trying to tie it all together. It's bullshit pop science like Gladwell and Taleb.

Read the classics.

>worth buying
>paying for words
>in 2017

lel

pretty good.
check it out.

I like having real books and a personal library as oppose to PDFs

(((real books)))

Let me summarize it for you.

Information asymmetry.

In other words,don't share information you don't have to in order to always have the upper hand.

Also. Just because you know something and you don't tell someone aka withholding information, doesn't mean you're lying.

In other words, say only want is necessary, no more no less.

That's the lesson being taught in freakonomics.

I've found it quite valuable. But I'm sure there are better books out there that touch on this subject.

thanks user

There was also a chapter about how abortion is good and kids with black names cant get good jobs. In other words, just some stories about completely obvious shit.

But thanks for the rundown

I bought and read it a long time ago.

It's a pretty lite book. You won't find anything truly profound and inspiring in it and you will be surprised by how short it is.

I would just find a PDF online or summary if you are interested. The interviews with the author were more interesting than the book itself.

If you really want to read something that makes you think find a really old book, struggle your way through it and then read other's interpretations of it.

It's definitely worth reading maybe even buying, maybe, but definitely a must read if you're into learning how to have more power over other people/getting what you want by manipulating/controlling what you say.

Definitely a great look into the Jewish tactics.

Basically how to lie without actually lying. I'm almost convinced this is ancient Jew logic made to avoid commiting sins.

I've read it over a decade ago, but one thing stayed in my mind because it only clicked much later, thanks to Sup Forums
There is a part that talks about a past prediction of a huge crime spike in the US, which never happened. The book argues that it's thanks to the legalisation of abortion. Only then I realized, it was about aborting negros.

That chapter was actually more about aborting black babies from the hood to prevent future criminals.

Was truly a top kek when I read it in highschool.

Not the type of anti white pro abortion, live your life lefty shit, but more like. Dude niggers need to stop breeding ffs.

Sounds like the latest fad book.

My take on that is that pretty much every non-fiction book out there, specially in economics, is a remix or re-telling of successful books written decades ago. So I don't other with modern books on these topics anymore. Once you're properly equipped with the adequate knowledge you can already understand what's going on by yourself.

If you want understand economics go for Hazlitt's book, it really has everything you need to know and it WILL change your life.

It greatly tarnished sumo for us. (; ;)

>econometrics with publicly available data
>pseudoscience

this is why you never listen to posters on this board.

braINlet

just listen to the podcasts user

>Book colors are orange, black and white.

I'd say go for it; but don't be surprised if it disappoints you.

I really enjoyed undercover economist. Sequel is good too

Read this instead.

its a garbage liberal rag

>kids with black names cant get good jobs.

Its not kids with "black names". Its kids with dumb names or culturally outside names basically. You play to the audience you want to woo. Have a stupid names that doesn't fit in and people will judge you before they meet you.

It was good read

iirc it's not that they have a stupid name it's the fact that they have parents that would give them a stupid name hence they will not be raised as well as other kids will be and will then fall behind

And it's not even black names I'm pretty sure they look at a girl who was named "chastity"