Agnosticism

How does Sup Forums feel about agnostics? Ive been strictly agnostic for as long as I can remember. I agree with Christian values and I believe religion was/is important to keep the uneducated masses from causing chaos.

That said Im very open to the possibility of God or "gods", but I have seen no evidence that what people claim of Him is true. Any time I try to read about Christianity or attend church I feel like Im fooling myself.

What do you think Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Should have mentioned I think pure Atheism is as absurd as claiming a given religion is correct. Our sphere of comprehension is very limited and its ridiculous to claim with certainty that there is no god

I'm the same as you. Humans can never be certain whether or not deities or exist, or if there is life beyond ours and it's naive to believe we can. But you're right that religion is a foundation for all society, and provides the general populace with a moral code to follow.

I'm the same as well. I completely feel like i'm LARPing every time i go to church

If Christianity was good enough for a pagan like Constantine, it's good enough for you. Just convert, but don't let your preacher or priest cuck you. Just think of God as an esoteric chad nationalist.

I'm probably going to hell for this.

Agnostics are just pussy (Agnostic-)Atheists. You either believe or you don't. If you don't believe, you're an Atheist. Knowledge claims (Gnostic/Agnostic) are a separate question.

I believe a god might exist, user, just like I believe you may be wearing red. Why would I believe you are or believe you arent? Youre a country away.

>You either believe or you don't.
No, theists believe that god exists. Atheists believe that god does NOT exist.

Hence if one is agnostic and neither believes no disbelieves in god, they're just plain agnostic.

>How does Sup Forums feel about agnostics?
They can't make a simple decision.
Live a life guided by helpful and wholesome rules
or
Live a life of objectivity with your own set of rules

If you don't pick either one, then what the fuck do you have?
The ability to not make a decision?
Nice.

>agnostic

learn about mysticism

>can't tie knots on the sabbath
>christian values

You can live a life of objectivity while still believing there may be a god. It isnt a lifestyle or something you push on other people, just a passive belief

You'll be hard pressed to find an Atheist that 100% wholeheartedly agrees there's no possibility of a God

Then they aren't atheist by definition.

You can disbelieve something without saying it's 100% definitely not a thing

No, disbelieving in something means you believe it doesn't exist. If you don't "100%" believe then you're just a skeptic, aka agnostic.

But you still doubt it, which means you're an agnostic atheist
Why do pure indecisive agnostic niggers always have to argue against this?

Sure, a God might exist, but do you believe he exists or not?

You can't neither believe or disbelieve. You're condemned to do one or the other as a thinking agent.

samefag here, just like to add, that has no bearing on one's claim to knowledge.

One can believe and claim to absolutely know.
One can believe and not claim to absolutely know.

One can not believe and claim to absolutely know.

One can not believe and not claim to absolutely know.

Most Atheists are in the last camp, (Agnostic-)Atheists.

Unfortunately if you're centrist or agnostic on this board, everyone will call you a fence-sitting faggot despite the fact that balance is the key.

What the fuck are you talking about?

wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty