Social Media has ruined the world

>Always being notified of things that are occuring
>Always 'reachable'(connected)
>Can never truly 'move on' in life(social media friends, pictures & other baggage)
>Snooping culture
>Lack of privacy
>People's identity removed, end up being more or less the same

I'm somewhat old enough(29) to remember & experienced adult life prior to smartphones & social media. When you talked to people in 2006/07 they were truly individuals. You took an actual interest in those you talked to and so did they. Everyone felt a lot more 'easy-going' and didn't have any opinions or cared about political events across the globe.

The world has gotten a lot smaller with smartphones and social media, so much smaller. When I bring this topic up to my close friends they just laugh it off and say that I'm looking at the past through rose-tinted glasses.

What's the endgame to this?
Will we ever get to experience a pre-late 2000s world again?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Kojève
opendemocracy.net/can-europe-make-it/riccardo-paparusso/kojeve’s-idea-of-end-of-history-philosophical-key-to-european-
marxists.org/reference/archive/hegel/txt/kojeve-s.htm
iep.utm.edu/kojeve/
medium.com/world-economic-forum/welcome-to-2030-i-own-nothing-have-no-privacy-and-life-has-never-been-better-ee2eed62f710
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveillance_capitalism
sustainabledevelopment.un.org/content/documents/Agenda21.pdf
weforum.org/events/world-economic-forum-annual-meeting-2017/sessions/what-if-privacy-becomes-a-luxury-good-davos-2017
youtube.com/watch?v=AZm1_jtY1SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=stgrSjynPKs
youtube.com/watch?v=eO-q_97c4QA
youtube.com/watch?v=ymNFyxvIdaM
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

smartphones have enabled a techno-cult to be created and sustained.

no. social media is a cancer that has ruined everything from family to work. Im a bit younger than you and didnt get a computer till grade ten. This was at the height of myspace and facebook was gaining traction. Cellphones and social media are the worst things ever.

we are already seeing the results of a social media world. Think about what society isgonna look like in 10 years? luckily i'll be worm food by then.

>Will we ever get to experience a pre-late 2000s world again?
No. Next year people born in the year 2000 will be 18.
The world we knew is over, and every time less people understand our sadness.
I'm glad that at 23 I got to experience the simpler life for a while.

fuck that makes me feel old. Ima few years older and I can remember 2000 like it was yesterday.

>What's the endgame to this?

Ever seen the Matrix?

The endgame is that creating a globalized world allows us to ignore the cancer that has infected our own local communities. The gate only swings one way; we are due for a societal collapse thanks to racial tensions, a lack of resources, a corrupt government, the destruction of morals, and a lack of purpose. What social media and the internet in general has done is offer us a distraction from the reality of our current situation. We focus on the starving on Africa, instead of the starving in our local communities. We focus on the rights of foreign people swarming to escape their "terrible regimes", while ignoring the build-up of a terrible regime with our own leaders. We use the weight of the entire world to apply peer pressure to our political enemies, knocking down opposition at its knees in the name of "humanity" and "fraternity".

Prior to the internet hugbox, if someone wanted to be a trigender pansexual pyrofox, the community would beat the ever living shit out of that guy because it's the most retarded thing anyone would have ever heard of. Now, they can retreat onto the internet, where their fantasies and desires are not only accepted, but encouraged. We have access to women showing off their bodies for attention en masse to the point where social interaction isn't necessary to achieve sexual stimulation; it's available at one's fingertips. We don't protest, fight, or speak out against our government in person, for the most part, since we can sign an internet petition and pat ourselves on the back for our masturbatory assistance. It's getting to the point where, one day, we can even vote online for government authorities.

Technology, and especially social media, offers you a distraction from the rust, the cracks, the homeless, the violence. After all, who cares that fifty people died in your state's capital today? Social media says that thousands have died around the world, too.

What's truly sad about this is that the kids growing up nowadays has never experienced the world prior to social media and smartphones.

If you're born in the year 2000 then you were 10-11 years old during the pinnacle of smartphone boom. They think this is how the world is supposed to be which to me is both scary and disgusting.

No.

As Kojeve, a Soviet spy who created the European Common Market (>European Economic Community>European Union), predicted and pushed for: the "Hegelian" global historical synthesis of capitalism and communism.

>"The universal and homogeneous state is `good' only because it is the last (because neither war nor revolution are conceivable in it: mere `dissatisfaction' is not enough, it also takes weapons!)

>In the final state there naturally are no more `human beings' in our sense of an historical human being.The `healthy' automata are 'satisfied'(sports,art,eroticism,etc), and the `sick' ones get locked up. As for those who are not satisfied with their 'purposeless activity'(art etc), they are the philosophers(who can attain wisdom if they 'contemplate' enough).By doing so they become 'gods'.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Kojève
opendemocracy.net/can-europe-make-it/riccardo-paparusso/kojeve’s-idea-of-end-of-history-philosophical-key-to-european-
marxists.org/reference/archive/hegel/txt/kojeve-s.htm
iep.utm.edu/kojeve/

medium.com/world-economic-forum/welcome-to-2030-i-own-nothing-have-no-privacy-and-life-has-never-been-better-ee2eed62f710
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveillance_capitalism
sustainabledevelopment.un.org/content/documents/Agenda21.pdf
WEForum 2017:
weforum.org/events/world-economic-forum-annual-meeting-2017/sessions/what-if-privacy-becomes-a-luxury-good-davos-2017

>tfw don't have any social media or tracking devices on me
Feels good

i 100% agree with you user

i have hope that in the future there will be a rebellion once people realize that 99% of social media interactions are neurologically meaningeless and even damaging.

Sup Forums is the only social media i use and only because it's truly free speech here, though eventually ill try to stop posting here and just try to live in the real world

i won't have any friends, but that's okay, it's better than having 10000 "friends"

Spot on.

I've had similar thoughts myself but people just shrug it off when you try to explain it to them. It's actually insane how easy the human brain can adapt and accept things as normal that in reality are extremely destructive.

Holy fuck I dont want be a blackpilled faggmaster but god damn I dont wanna see the future.

Stop fucking caring about others. Fix your own disaster of a life before you start complaining. Stop being a total fuckin failure maybe then pretend to care about the world or what's "ruined the world" like the last 800 gorillian people living before you complained about with other technologies discovered over the course of history.

a big problem is that hot girls are no longer just the local hot girl they are virtually minor celebrities, or at least they see themselves that way.

I don't know how any of this can be fixed. even when you socialize with people they can not get off their phones and always have to seem like they have something better going on. socializing used to feel like an intimate thing. Knowing people was genuinely worth it. life just seemed more real.

Lol dude people have Facebook while they're still in the womb. People's literally entire life will be on Facebook

ya but atleast Sup Forums you can have discussions like the one we are having now. Thats why I like the internet. Discussing ideas and learning. I dont use the internet to take dic picks and make lame twitter jokes and take 50 selfies a day.

yes but its gonna require a few ariel h bombs going off to fry all the phones and computers lol

I used to enjoy walking to my friends and just tapping on the door to see what he was up to and if he wanted to play bb guns or micromachines and action men or someshit
Good old days

>not using a phone bed

put your phone to sleep anons

How can anyone be so retarded to get in a relationship these days? With smartphones and shit, I dont trust no broad. especially young ones who have been raised on social media but now its even contaminated the milf pool. Older women are just as bad with social media as these young fucks.

the fact people have to do this just demonstrates a scale of the problem.

It's not just the actual devices themselves it's the way they have firmly planted themselves in people's manner of being. even if you're not using it you're thinking about it.

The social media platform designers actually make it to be addicting. They stagger updates in order to get a maximum release of dopamine.

The worst part is that people still fall for all the punditry about how the web will usher in a new golden age, when all its done is make everything worse.

You can talk about how great the well of knowledge is, but everything of worth is fucking text, and you can transmit that over a 2400 baud modem.

topkek
how the fuck are you posting then, autismo?

There's something really sinister about it that I can't put my finger on. Same as when you see a video taken on a phone, and can see a gang of people moving in and out of the frame with their own cameras.

youtube.com/watch?v=AZm1_jtY1SQ

I agree Swede Bro, can we go back to 2008 before Facebook, Twitter, Etc. peaked?!

Normies destroyed the internet.
But how does one define normie?

Man what the fuck happened to this? I did this not long ago, as I was in the area and thought I'd drop by old school.
Never doing that again, they got angry and afraid. Even though I've known them for over 15 years.

get IRC/ICQ and a flip phone for starters

Sadly probably not

now cheating is just 1 click away, and humans are weak when it comes to their urges.

We might as well stop being monogamous now, the Pandora's box that is (((social))) media is wide open.

this
fucking ant people trying to get """followers""" because it gives their pathetic existence meaning?

I think even people on Sup Forums fall victim to this, with how readily they'll support anyone who has vaguely right-wing ideals and a camera to talk into.

>People's identity removed, end up being more or less the same
Societal engineers are attempting to achieve a human uniformity and removal of individuality, nu males are a proof of this. All males are supposed to be standardized into nu males with predictable, controllable behavior and little to no variations in appearance.
I was trying to locate a patient zero nu male thinking it could be a popular person who started the trend, but I think that the "virus" was spread via social networks. They can be seen even here, although rarely, but frequency increases as you approach the town center.

I love these pepe painting gifs. Any more?

>get IRC/ICQ
But no one uses them.

Please broadcast your suicide leaf

Couldn't have phrased it better myself.

As someone studying computer science, I think about this all the time. Too many of my peers and people working in the industry are too caught up in their jobs and the social media craze to critically think about what they're doing.

I just hope my STEM degree isn't a meme and I can use it to help humanity in some way that isn't being a code monkey like Pajeet.

It is possible to live a disconnected life.

If you look at highly successful people (except for hollywood jews and virtue signaling tech milionaires and shit), they don't hang out on Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat. They are mingling at real events, parties with their family and business partners. They may have more money than you but that doesn't mean you can't live that life too.

You just have to find the right people, if you keep hanging out with family and friends that live for social media, you will always be an "outcast" in their eyes. Start a new hobby, go play tennis/golf or something and try your best to connect with people smarter than yourself.

>What's the endgame to this?

A technocratic elite living on private islands and garden continents. Whie 99.9% of humanity exist in population corridors surrounded by natural hazards like inhospitable terrain and radiated wastelands filled with traps and weaponry to destroy anything that tries to leave the hellhole.

"Mankind" at that time will have all the bad qualities we have today but none of the good ones, while the elite are practically immortal through advanced medical science and genetically altered bodies.

Most if not all of the world elite have already agreed to this plan and are working to make it a reality.

I'm convinced social medial is the "smoking" of our generation. In 100 years our progeny will look back and ask how we could be so stupid as to inundate our lives with shallow crap.

Unplug yourself as much as possible. I started by turning all notifications off on my phone. Deactivate your accounts one by one, and eventually you'll liberate yourself. It's shocking how little you actually miss when you do this.

Smartphones are a useful tool when used in moderation, but I agree that social media is cancer.

If only. That was when the age of balance between left and right wing values in society was only just showing the first signs of imploding like nowadays.

Everything was better back then. Video games, movies, food, society, culture, people themselves, media, comedy...now everything is degrading in quality and the left is fueling that degradation.

Many people nowadays don't take the time to stop and have a good look at their sorroundings, analyze the aroma of things, what the person next to you is doing, is he or she going through a rough patch in life and needs a shoulder to lean on? a supporting ear that is willing to listen to concerns and provide some heartfelt advice?

Instead we keep our eyes glued to screens all the time, texting with dozens, maybe hundreds of people that we will never meet in person conversating about the most superficial things, life seems more and more artificial and distant these days, the day of the Borgs has arrived, we have been assimilated.

>normalfag problems

nigga how can social media be ruining your life just log out of the accounts and stop going to those websites

I know you're shitposting, but our social systems and practices evolved alongside our biology. Social media is more dangerous than people realize. It's a drug that people treat like a toy.

There was an interesting article by a former SV developer where he spoke about the tricks that they pull to maximise dopamine and addiction.

I'm looking into ZeroNet and I think it could be the foundation for a new ethic of online presence, where the (standard) 10MB limit is a good barrier from wasteful or trivial information. It also means you create with a degree of gratitude to the peer who is seeding it.

This encourages static website generation, and by extension (hopefully) a method of presentation that's more thoughtful (written articles) rather than sending out tweet storms that say nothing.

We won't see something like this ever again. Be glad you experienced it. Why do you think popular culture is constantly rehashing shit from the 80's and 90's? Because they were fucking creative and original. Right now, popular culture is primarily vulgar, without inspiration and filled with messages of hedonism.

Experience and fun is the mantra. Understanding and meaning is gone.

Social media has taught many people not to lead, but to follow. And everyone has the fear of missing out, so we follow so much, that we forget what our own identity is without the wisdom of the crowd.

Last week, I took shrooms in the dunes with 2 university schooled friends. I was astonished at how limited and narrow their personalities were. They relied completely on their peers to have an educated opinion about something. They refused to discuss anything in the future, and primarily spoke about fun experiences that happened in the past.

It's sad, that university schooled people have become as vapid and sheepish as they have become. Idiocracy is near.

Modern culture reminds me of something E. Michael Jones said: ' The good job are never coming back, so "go to the gay disco and forget all your troubles".'

The overwhelming triteness of modernity is what affects me more than the degeneracy and vulgarity. The much-echoed concept that nothing matters, backed up by how little of worth we actually have to call our own.

I'm writing an essay (just for the web) at the moment that this feeling that nothing is worth caring about is why people belittle those that have a desire to improve our countries at a cultural level, or adhere to some higher standard of behaviour, is that they're terrified that if they care about something it could be lost or taken away. And if that happens, they wouldn't be able to handle it. So better to not care about anything at all.

Very well put. I'd love to read the essay, although that would be impossible, since I assume you would like to stay anonymous.

>' The good job are never coming back, so "go to the gay disco and forget all your troubles"
>*runs through jewslation device*
>we sent your job to china so we could sell you more pointless items, go have buttsex to anger your God now goyim.

If North Korea bombs us with that electro magnetic, connection killing bomb we will.

I think it would be really good for the New Right could move away from conventional always-connected social media and offer an alternative in some way. I think building up a culture that is mainly based around written (and by extension something that can be easily viewed offline) works that aren't daily, to go against the constant search for a new posting.

Holding long-form articles and essays higher than vlogs would be a good start, I think.

That's pretty much it. E. Michael Jones does talk about the JQ a lot. Granville Thorndyke has done some montages based on his words.

>A good man though a slave is free, but a wicked man though a king is a slave for he serves not one man alone but what is worse, as many masters as he has vices.

"If you want to maintain political control promote vice and that's the story of our culture."

Great thread

I really need to read City of God some time, but I'm reading Carlyle's French Revolution, which is another mammoth of a work.

Grade school and high school would have been a nightmare for me if cell phones, cell cameras and social media had existed back them. Now we are a self-administered surveillance society with high expectations for virtue signaling and conformity.

if you want some serious depressing nostalgia watch pic related

It's set in the 60s, but it's also how I felt growing up in the 90s. In the neighborhood with my crew.

Now most of my old friends are either dead from suicides, drug overdoses, car accidents
the rest are lost souls

ted was right

>Faggots still using social media...

I've been without Faceberg and any other social media for 4 years. I have a very active social life and job, but i let it be clear that i comunicate only by email o sms and i will not be bothered.

Stand up cunts.

>Sup Forums can only be accessed through smartphones

Good op. Now, to back to kikebook.

You may be on to something. We had a power outage for 30 minutes, and the silence was bliss.

>using social media

stop being a normie. all the things you think you "need" it for are just excuses for your addiction.

NOTICE:

You are retarded, please refrain from posting here.

Exactly the same with me and people I knew.

One guy I went to school with became a crossdressing faggot who died from AIDS, refusing to take his medication because it messed with his sex drive. He knew for about a year before he said anything and infected a girl who killed herself when she found out she got bugged.

This isn't even mentioning general drunkenness and drug addiction.

Even if you logout the majority around you are still logged in, so you're just out there by yourself.

In some ways. I think it's more than technology beyond a certain level or intrusion into life passes the point of diminishing returns

>u r gay

Sorry, code is all they care about.

i dont use social media

>tfw you miss the real net of the 80s and 90s BBs.
>tfw 2000s before Myspace/Facebook was the last stand
>mfw you hear stories of 1970s internet real oldfags

Net today is total degeneracy.

Used to watch this movie yearly, with my brothers. around christmas time. Also while growing up in the nineties. Luckily, none of my old friends died. At least you still have that moment in time.

>Sweden

That's burger tier. I get 2 or 3 every thread.But at least i don't see niggers running arround the streets raping people. We can get guns here.

Try Urugoy next time. Maybe you get off as half smart

When GeoCities was buried, Sir. Tim's dreams for the web were in the casket with it. I can't help but think that he feels a sense of disappointment how it all turned, and is turning, out.

Its your decision though to particate in it. Nobodies putting a gun to your head and saying use faceberg so you can't move on the past and available/ connected 24/7

Just find people that think alike and spend time with them.

Delete your facebook account/social media. Disconnect yourself.

Nobody is forcing you to partake in all this vapid degeneracy enabled by modern technology. Indeed, even though on a mass scale this shit is indeed killing society, a few individuals can still rise out of it and escape it.

Seek to be one of these individuals.

>But at least i don't see niggers running arround the streets raping people

>implying I ever seen this
>implying u r not gay

earlier in a post you used the word "retarded" I believe, so I don't really care about what you say to me you're obviously low-tier.

>u r gay

AHAHHAhahahahAHHAH

oh and we can get guns and we have several in the family, dunno why everyone can't educate themselves and stop repeating memes

here, listen to some 2002 music to calm down

youtube.com/watch?v=stgrSjynPKs

>Implying i ever seen this.

First, learn some english. Second, you do see it every day, we all see it, it's a shame honestly.

Retardation is a real thing, you should visit your arab doctor asap.

Turn them off for a day.

It's the most liberating experience you can imagine.

youtube.com/watch?v=eO-q_97c4QA

>Tfw i turned 18, grabbed my ID and bought a Walter in less than 20 minutes.

>critiques grammar

>u r gay

must be true

>tfw born in '83
>tfw experienced the golden age of the internet, free of all this social media bullshit and what it has spawned

So delete it dumbass. Nobody uses that shit past 22-23 years old.

FAG

this is what creeps me the most tbqh

Yeah. Just don't use social media. When you want to find out what someone is doing. Make a god damn phone call and invite them out for a drink or lunch.

There are shadow accounts made for people that don't have accounts, which a produced through parsing conversations for context and photographs that are uploaded.

It's very likely that as soon as a woman updates her status as "pregnant" Facebook prepares an account.

Social media has made women the narcissistic cunts they are today.

it has ruined society in a lot of ways.

It's basically a mixture of 1984 and Brave New World. All these idiots thinking they live in a democracy are nothing more than fish in different sized fish tanks thinking they're in the sea.

The reality is they seek comfort, not freedom. They couldn't cope in the sea even if it was given to them. They couldn't cope with total freedom as they're socially conditioned demoralised degenerate teenagers trapped in adult bodies who cannot survive for themselves.

True freedom would mean they would need to take responsibility for their own actions and most people cannot do this. It's getting even worse with each generation of prolonged adolescence. They will find ways to not get jobs, to protest, to complain about being victims, it's always someone else's fault and not their own.

They want to be degenerate. They want someone else to provide them with welfare. They want others to raise their children because they cannot keep their legs closed. They want anyone else with a little self respect to continue financing their pathetic fucking pity party of excuses. They are then further conditioned to be like this by the media and political parties who push them further down this path to the point of no return.

Once they hit the end of the tunnel they become totally mentally fucked and end up like the deluded rainbow haired antifa cunts. The problem is they then find themselves as fish in a small fish tank of thought and expect everyone else to live by the rules in that tank.

>parsing conversations for context and photographs that are uploaded.
By conversations you mean posts people make? How do they decide who a person is?
If someone uploads a picture and labels "H and I at the mall" or something do they make an account for "H"?

Tfw i got to experience the 90s as a kid.

Everyone will turn into sheltered assholes, and no, we will never experience the wonders that was pre-2000s

Dude is Swedish, give him some decent pre-social media Scandinavian music.
youtube.com/watch?v=ymNFyxvIdaM

They see that this "H" looks just like "Harry" from another photo uploaded by someone in the poster's friend list, and boom, Harry has an account all ready.

A glitch in the system a few years back revealed all these accounts.