Why haven't you converted to Orthodox Christianity yet, pol?

Orthodoxy is Catholicism without additions, and Protestantism without subtractions. It is the core, the remnant of the faith given by Jesus Christ to the Apostles at Pentecost.

Orthodoxy means "right teaching" and "right glory". So by being a member of the Orthodoxy Church you simultaneously believe in correct religious truths, but also offer correct worship to God.

We in the west need to reevangelise our fallen people and create autonomous Orthodox Christian congregations everywhere all over the planet.

Orthodoxy is also perfect for people sympathetic to nationalist and far right politics, because Orthodoxy has always recognised the centrality of the organically developed nation as the fulcrum on which the church delivers the sacraments and presents the mysteries of Christianity within the idioms and culture of individual peoples.

The only people shilling orthodoxy have never been to an orthodox church in their life, and they didn't do any research whatsoever either. Look up who the current russian patriarch is, and how he got his position. The whole system is rotten.

I go to an Orthodox Church every Sunday. There is corruption in the Church, as there is in every human institution. It is much worse in the Roman Catholic Church.

This, Orthodoxy is a meme it was infiltrated by the KGB.

Because it's heresy. Still better than catholicism tho.

Bolshevism is dead. The blood of the martyrs from the Communist captivity of the Church is a leaven to future Christians.

Because I don't want to share my faith with Greek mongrels, Bulgarian shitskins and straight forward third world trash in Ethiopia. Last time I checked, Russian Orthodox Chruch has no problem conducting marriage ceremonies for interracial """""""couples"""""""".

>it's ok because someone else does it too

great argument my dude

No, you are being illogical. If someone is not consistent in the moral behavior that they advocate, if they are hypocrites, that does not mean the principles they are advocating are wrong. It just means that they too have failed to live up to these standards. This is the tu quoque fallacy.

I'm not telling you, become Orthodox because you will find an institution of immaculate, infallible human beings. I'm saying that you should become Orthodox because they have preserved the faith unadulterated, and all other Christian groups have failed to do this.

> that feel when finnish orthodox
> that feel when under constantinople patriarch and not moscow ex-kgb shills church

In Orthodox Christianity, we call "the church" all Christian people and not some institute. The church are all those who are baptized and no Patriach or Priest has highter authority than a simple believer. If a patriach goes rogue and start to teach heresy he is excommunicated and life goes on. This is why Orthodoxy cannot be corrupted.

>I'm saying that you should become Orthodox because they have preserved the faith unadulterated

Who the fuck cares if they use it to extend their political power, which they in turn use to make money?

Everything except the path of self-improvement and self-development is cucked. Yeah i'm going to become Orthodox to be a part of a widely recognized LARP club which most of its memebers don't even treat seriously, to listen to a fat ex-KGB stoolie tell me about theology?

get over yourself with your pretensious LARP, you disingenius faggot.

Why I am not Orthodox.
I live in one of the few areas of the US where it's easy to find Orthodox parishes, Pittsburgh. Most of the Orthodox friends I have tell me that their parishes are essentially ethnic clubs/ fraternal societies where they celebrate the fact that their grandparents or great grandparents come over from Russia, Serbia, Greece, etc. depending on which parish it is. As a result I would no sooner be a member of St. Sava Orthodox Church than I would be a member of the Sons of Italy, the Tamburitzans, or the Hibernian Lodge. At best the members would greet me with the question "Which girl here did you marry?" and upon finding out I had married nobody would either say "What are you doing here?" or simply "Get the fuck out". Maybe things are a little different where there aren't so many orthodox parishes. A side effect of this is also that people consider being Russian, Greek, etc. a sufficient condition for ongoing membership in the church and don't really care what the priest says. The worst example of this I saw was a guy I knew in the 90s who saw no problem being an active bisexual and also serving as a deacon at the church his father served as a priest.

>Orthodoxy is Catholicism without additions,
I'll admit that the RCC has an apparatus for creating new doctrine much more actively than the Orthodox can, but this still does not mean that the Orthodox do not create additions. It's just a slower process because you need agreement between patriarchs instead of one pope. It also doesn't help the RCC that they have made theology into something of an academic field, and academic fields rely on innovation rather than preservation. But one of the reasons that there is little pressure to innovate in Orthodoxy is that very few people are actually taking it seriously enough that they feel a need for innovation. Why change something when you can just not live according to it?

>I can pick and choose and make up shit in regards to divine teaching
Yeah nah, fuck off dickhead.

>In Orthodox Christianity, we call "the church" all Christian people and not some institute.
This sounds a lot like the 16th century reformers
>The church are all those who are baptized and no Patriach or Priest has highter authority than a simple believer.
This sounds a lot like the radical reformers such as Muentzer and Karlstadt

This weird position where hypocrisy delegitimizes everything. Big part of christianity is recognizing that we're all hypocrits and sinners. And moving past that with forgiveness and grace.

>This weird position where hypocrisy delegitimizes everything.

It's not a weird position at all, that's why the concept of hipocricy was fucking recognized in the first place, retard. Sounds like you just performing mental gymnastics to legitimize a morally bankrupt institution because you've been high on Christ-chan memes a bit too much.

>Big part of christianity is recognizing that we're all hypocrits and sinners. And moving past that with forgiveness and grace.

I may be a sinner, but i definitely not a hypocrite, because i was brought up right, and didn't need a Canadian Tradcon Boomer who sounds like Kermit to teach me not to lie to extend my procrastination consntantly. Yeah and big part of not being an asshole is getting your act together and not making obvious mistakes that make you a hypocrite.

>that feel you will be part black in 100 years just like Greek subhumans with that christcuckery bullshit

And the Gospel meaning of 'hypocrisy' is actually closer to something like a person who does not believe in what he preaches, not just somebody who stumbles.

(The thread about declining church attendance fell off the map so I'm posting here in the hope that Orthodoxbro sees it.)

I see what you are saying. I respect church authority because it provides a framework for many things. Recourse to authority means not having to re-invent the wheel at every encounter with a question or problem that was probably answered in the past. Denomination I think is distinct from authority and can obscure the important things. I like the idea of growing the church from within oneself, to the few, to the many. There are clear examples of when this has been successful and the results are enduring, whether speaking of the church as a whole or of denominations that arose more recently.

I'll relate that I'm a Methodist. One of the things that I find compelling about my denomination was how it arose (what it represents now is a different matter). John Wesley, one of the founders, had a powerful inward experience of God which was more significant for him than his outward study to become an anglican priest. The anglican church at the time was not seeing adequately to the spiritual needs of the colonies (later the USA), so Wesley's preaching there brought Christianity to many people who otherwise would not have experienced the church in any meaningful sense. Independence from England then saw the Methodists turn from an anglican sect into a church in their own right. Wesley, for his part, remained an anglican priest till the day he died. What relevance did the American revolution have to Christians in other places in the world? Perhaps very little. Was Wesley's doctrine, itself responding to anglican doctrine, as developed or authoritative as other denominations? I do not know enough to answer that. But to the people on the frontier whose access to church was limited by so many factors, I think it meant the world. If the search for the truth is a journey, I think it set many on the right path.

Thanks for the post.

Don't listen to this guy. He is off his rocker. Probably a deluded Roman Catholic.

Go to the north side parish in Pittsburgh. Very convert friendly

-orthodox seminarian

What the greek bro is trying to say is that in Orthodoxy, fidelity to the faith is paramount. There is no Papism. If you defect as a layperson or as a patriarch, you're out.

Orthodox seminarian

>Go to the north side parish in Pittsburgh. Very convert friendly
Are there single women there? Will I be able to meet them or is it one of those come to service, service ends, everyone bolts out the door in 15 seconds except for some old ladies situation?

My current church is ok, but unless you're in the student group (I'm too old for that) you don't actually get to meet anyone. I also work until midnight all week, so my ability to sign up for something like book club is nonexistent. I'd be willing to convert if I get a wife out of it.

I don't join groups that need to be wiped off the globe.

>divine teachings
>wrote by a pedophile 1000 years after christ
>"don't bother reading the bible, just listen to our latin mass you can't understand, that'll get you to heaven for sure."
>mfw

Well, the reformers were right on this one. In Orthodoxy we give more value in the words of an illeterate saint that an educated patriach because Christianity is not something you can study but something you feel and live.

I don't believe there is enough evidence to convince me that there is some asshole in the sky who turns women into salt for looking at cities.

Orhodoxy looks unappealing and wrong. Its heretical. Orhodoxy got rekt by Turks and Balkans were Turkish for 400 years and Russia got rekt by Mongols. Also if Orhodoxy was right it would not have 0 nations in top 26 best nations to live in (Pic rel). Also all orhodox countries are degenerate

>tfw you're a catholic and know that the papacy are pretenders and corrupt reptilian jews.

I see a nice post about religion, then I see angry atheists flip out instantly its like their nihilism wants to stop others from finding true happiness in gods grace.

Why would i? We have long tradition of atheism in my country and we going to make 85% of our population atheist very soon.

>Russian Orthodox Church
wew lad

>The religion which brings me the more money is the true religion otherwise it's heresy

RIP Češka