Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about Canadian politics more...

Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about Canadian politics more? I'm so out of the loop since Canadian media only covers American politics.

Other urls found in this thread:

scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/1350/index.do
scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/695/index.do
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's to talk about?

>dude weed lol
>moar muslims plz
>Allo, ici Québéc?

Who cares lol?

Alright. What happened to c16 and m103?

>Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about Nigerian politics more?
>Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about Ethiopian politics more?
>Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about Pakistani politics more?
>Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about Thai politics more?

Fuck off leaf

Well? Is OP being a faggot again?

They both passed. Canada doesn't even pretend to have free speech anymore.
"Hate speech isn't free speech". That's what they say.

So Sup Forums is the last place you can openly complain about trannies, fags and muslims?

C16 was so overblown. It's just more virtue signaling from Trudeau and it's unlikely to ever actually matter. All it did was add trannies to protected classes under the Canada Human Rights Code (which only applies in federal jursidiction, so federally regulated companies like CN for instance) and to the hate speech provisions of the Criminal Code, which are already so narrow that you have to practically be promoting genocide in order to be convicted under them.

I blame Jordan Peterson for blowing it out of proportion and making people believe that you can get thrown in jail for misgendering someone.

We were talking about the Canadian flag last night you dope.

Because Canada is garbage and irrelevant. Also, fuck you.

>I blame Jordan Peterson for blowing it out of proportion and making people believe that you can get thrown in jail for misgendering someone.
Was he not picturing a future where laws like this are slowly increased in intensity? I do agree it all seemed a bit apocalyptic, but judging by my precious EU, shit like censorship creeps up very slowly until it's too late.

Canada is fortunate to have already had some pretty strict limitations placed upon the scope of hate speech provisions. I'd recommend reading the Keegstra decision from 1996 where a narrow majority thought he barely qualified for hate speech conviction for teaching high school students that the Holocaust never happened.

I think it's interesting that you raise this point. The media likes to talk about American politics so nobody notices what's going on with the politics of other countries, it's really up to you to take notice of what's happening in Canadian politics and start discussions about them.

I mean, I love America and its politics are definitely important but the omission of information in a lot of countries is pretty suspicious.

Well politics in Canada are just as exciting as politics in Germany or Russia. Everyone knows who's going to win next and what they're going to do so there's nothing to discuss

Alright, sounds fair. Holocaust denial being punishable by law is buoll though. If theree is solid proof it never happened, let them come forward, if not, let them ridicule themselves publicly.

>buoll
bull

>politics in Germany

This.

Canada is destined to become Sweden 2.0. It's just a matter of time, the people here are boiling frogs.

Canadian politics are fucking boring and nothing happens whereas the drama of american politics is more interesting and is more likely to impact other nations.

I really do recommend you read the decision if you are interested in knowing the parameters of hate speech law in Canada.

scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/1350/index.do

My bad, I gave you the wrong link. Decision here:

scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/695/index.do

That's the point. By focusing on U.S. politics, they can push shit legislature while flying under the radar.

Also, pick a damn language. Maybe if you would all speak either English or French, Canadian news could actually reach more people AND make sense.

>pick a language

Multilingualism is something that should be promoted throughout the world though, user. You're missing out if all you speak is English. I also am fluent in French and am learning a lot of Japanese from watching anime.

Because no one cares about Canadian politics. Just a matter of time before we annex you anyway.

Agree

t. can speak Polish

>Let's ruin the USA for good by annecting permanently-blue commiefornia 2.0

when it's not totally shit it's totally boring

why would you watch women's tennis when you got the superbowl of politics going on next door

trust me I know what I'm talking about and you don't want to know about canadian politics. You can laugh at america's cause it don't matter but canada's will just upset you cause it's your backyard.

Yeah, because that worked out well for burgers the last time

Most Americans I know are total pussies about the cold, you Amerilard fags couldn't handle -10 c without crying about freezing

Kemono Friends was a really nice anime.

Agreed. I speak German, English, Turkish, Spanish, some Russian and am currently learning mandarin. Thinking about nipponese too.

You faggots better vote for Scheer in 2019

the fuck is that picture supposed to mean you nigger?

>being this new
you have to go back to r*ddit

canada is just a meme bro, nothing that happens in that universe is canon

Fuck off leaf I've literally never seen that in the year I've been lurking.

That a smile cannot be defeated? That Dorner helped inspire a hatred for corrupt state oficials in lowly internet fodder like myself which likely had a helping hand in this current momentum we seem to have building towards more of that with the normans? That time wasting java games posted for free on the internet are often leagues more entertaining that professionally crafted gaming indutry masterpieces? Why am I asking all these questions? Do I not know?

is it dubbed yet

>in the year i've been lurking
holy shit you pretty much admitted to being a redditor

lmao

Fuck, you got me, leaf. How will I ever recover?

A brief summary of actually important issues that took place in Canada:

Bank of Canada increased its rates today. the likelihood of our our housing bubble exploding increases dramatically with each upwards tick of the rates. half of Canadians, HALF of us, live paycheck to paycheck.

We are slowly getting embroiled in a new cold war with Russia. Canadian troops are now permanently stationed in the Baltics. Unlike the 1st cold war, our army has never been so badly funded and equipped. We are barely able to maintain a a battle-group (which is itself, a stripped down battalion) without leaning heavily on Reservists.

Gun registration laws continue to tighten across the country.

There isn't a single province running a surplus. Everyone is hemorrhaging money to fund all the gibs we gib.

and Yes, C-16 WAS a big deal, and it did pass. the long term consequences will be felt in the near future.

The European Union-Canadian free trade deal CETA is coming into full effect by the end of this year. Kiss your butts goodbye to shitty "made in Canada" merch that's actually made in China.