WHY don't Americans build concrete houses??

WHY don't Americans build concrete houses??

>pic very related

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news2/interactives/world-quakes/index.html
unvis.it/cbc.ca/news2/interactives/world-quakes/index.html
youtu.be/Vqq8-2ereKg?t=1m
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because (((they))) told the americans that a concrete house can't stand a hurricane/tornado, so they should build and rebuild their houses everytime it happens

Muh economy. It's so Jews can extract millions of dollars in mortgage payments over the life of a structure which cost 50k in materials to build.

Concrete houses are vulnerable to earthquakes. In places where there are a lot of earthquakes, wooden houses should be built instead

What about Texas?

cbc.ca/news2/interactives/world-quakes/index.html

New Orleans has a very low water table. The weight of concrete houses would cause them to sink and become structurally unsound in the neighborhoods surrounding the French Quarter and downtown. The same is true of Florida for the most part.

Let's archive it unvis.it/cbc.ca/news2/interactives/world-quakes/index.html

in 25 years we got two 2 cat5 hurricanes and most of the houses are made of concrete. this is how city looks after the hurricane.

boi, you should teach them how to build walls

(((they))) gonna theach them

>concrete?

What is that, some sort of ancient mud rock?

Because we're not gay

Why don't Americans build wooden skyscrapers?

Why don't societies undertake a generation of massive building projects and just make houses out of stonehenge level slabs that would last for over a century? I've saw some government housing apartments, that looked sturdy a.f., despite being a bit cramped per household.

Be a heck of a lot better use of money than another damned food stamp/wic/welfare program, or another looming apartment tower full of tiny ass uncomfy apartments that are only going to be torn down in 50 years to make way for a bigger one.
The idea of permanence and ample housing space per household kicks ass.

Texas should have built concrete houses.

Thankfully most illegals live in non-concrete houses and were the most affected by Harvey

It's more eco friendly.
Burgers are more nature self awareness them other countries.

>mfw Mexico is more advanced than Amerifats

>WHY don't Americans build concrete houses?
Trees are a dime a dozen over here in the US and Canada. You guys had to strip your island to build fleets of ships.

Salt Lake City is all brick homes, it's also built on one of the biggest fault lines in America.

Waiting for the masonryfag tears when that city is razed.

Aren't concrete houses super shitty?

Don't they fall apart during quakes?

Because I live in a beautiful pic related

they have more people, the demand for houses is high. wood is much easier to build with and easier to come by than the huge amounts of bricks and concrete that would be needed to make every house. plus I guess they don't expect their houses to be destroyed every year, so building out of wood would be the best solution all-round, in quantity, speed, cost, with a small detraction from quality and strength. got to weigh up the advantages and disadvantages as well as feasibility,

It won't make a difference. The houses are already hurricane rated per building codes.

They make a point in being heavier than their house. It's a sex thing.

even the poor people has not much damage with a CAT5. you guys will get CAT4 and all popsicle stick houses gonna fly real high.

>not printing your house out for $10k

Stay pleb.

Concrete houses are way better then wooden. You don't need to worry about fire or water fucking about the wood. The reason why the wood agenda is pushed is because it puts money back in the economy when the houses become shit

That's what Mexico looks like pre-hurricane though.

They have superior insurances

Hey man say what you want about them the Israels know how to build walls to keep pests out (or in.)

What about steel houses? Better or worse than concrete?

I always wondered about that to. Stone houses are as easy to build, and they're much stronger.

>stronger
>better

Really situational.

Wooden frames can handle earthquakes but not fire.

Concrete homes can handle fire, but not earthquakes.

>What about steel houses? Better or worse than concrete?

better or worse is completely dependant on the application / environment the structure is going to be erected. there's going to be advantages and disadvantages to all buildings depending on their location, the weather they need to endure, the cost, the materials that are available etc.

True, the wooden structure is good for earthquake or land movement in general but people build wooden homes even in areas with very stable land

because they are poor

norwanon

Because sometimes I want to change the layout of my house. Instead of having to rip down concrete I can just take a hammer and rip a wall down. There you go, open floor house.

>building materials: $10k
>land value: $540k
>boomers selling the future of their children for temporary gain: Pricless

>$540k
Absolutely disgusting.

Many of the houses in Florida are concrete

The only reason people should be worried here is those on the coast who'll get flooded.

But Hollywood told me American houses look like this

>build house out of brick
>lasts for hundreds of years
vs
>have to cut down an entire forrest to rebuild homes for thousands of people everytime the wind picks up

because were not a bunch of commie faggots

don't houses on the coast have a basement? wouldn't that help with flooding? id rather have a flooded basement than the first floor of the house.

Oh fuck no!! That's fucking silliness. I'm in Middle TN and I got a house with 1 acre plot, and a 2010 sqft house, 3 miles from major interstate and less than 15 minutes drive to Nashville for about the cost of a Pre-owned Mercedes.

Cityfags BTFO!

The same places that get hit with hurricanes are also places with very soft earth. A concrete house wouldn't last very long because it would start to crack.

>you can't use bricks or concrete goy.
>it's dangerous and unstable and not up to legal code.
>don't forget to pay your HOA

>this area is prone to hurricanes
nigger you are stupid

That area doesn't get hurricanes and is carved out of solid rock
Miami and Houston were both fucking swamps before the were settled. It's not a good comparison.

expensive long lasting houses go against their consumerist culture

What about geodome houses? The good ones have inner shells made of concrete and they can survive forest fires, tornadoes and earthquakes.

>it is impossible to farm wood

in a forest fire wouldn't it just turn into a huge domed oven, the shell itself might survive, but anyone/thing inside is fucked.

I having lived in New England, Massachusetts, wonder why even with wood buildings, why do people build houses with overhangs in wind prone areas.

Houses in wind, hurricane, tornado prone areas should have no overhang, a Cape Cod Roof.

Also, building heavy structures in a flood plane is retarded. It is almost like you want your house to sink into the earth every year.

Don't you have any bedrock to drive pilings into?

You mean high water table.. The rest is very true

Straw houses are obviously superior. You can build them from plants in your own backyard and since they're so lightweight you can become nomadic and move whenever theres natural disasters.

There are a lot of brick houses

youtu.be/Vqq8-2ereKg?t=1m

>bedrock
>in a swamped out flood plane
user, I haven't seen a rock in the swamp in my entire life.

The US is really dumb with building codes.

They want residences to have fire sprinklers which can freeze in the winter yet big businesses can build giant hotels out of wood.

30 years ago a Burger King would have been made out of masonry, now they are fucking made out of wood.

Federal disaster insurance means property can be built on land that would otherwise be unsuitable (i.e. uneconomical) for development.

That's why you drive pilings idiot.

The rock is deeper.

crack a window open she'll be fine

Exactly ;)

There may be bedrock at some depth.. But it would need to support the entire footer that the wall sits on. If you only did like, lets say, the 4 corners, the middle of the concrete wall would settle and crack.. Or fail altogether.

Because they're too fat to lift it.

>drive piling into muddy soil
>be amazed when it starts to shift
Do you not understand what a swamp is, lad? The ground is not stable and will shift and flow if it becomes saturated enough. We have ancient oak trees that are angled at a 45 because a hurricane blew them over decades ago.

If a fucking tree can't remain stable, why would a house? Why build a concrete house just for it to sink and shift, thus costing more in the long run than a wooden house ever would?

Prefab with steel reinforcement wouldn't crack signifcantly.

Steel is heavy and will sink into the earth.

Are we sure about this? Even after the big 1989 earthquake, all the concrete structures in Berkeley and Oakland that I know about were just fine – parking garages, the university art museum etc. The cypress and embarcadero freeways collapsed but they was old and poorly maintained. Concrete buildings seemed to be OK for the most part, and that was a pretty rough shake.

middle class Americans, the goyim hollywood trys to sell the most to, or did

the flames arn't licking up the side of the building though. still a distance away, i meant if it was surrounded by fire, it would just turn into a big pizza oven

The pilings go into the rock underneath, dolt!

Normally sprinklers in cold weather climates are dry sprinklers meaning they are pressurized with air until a break in the system allows water to fill the pipes . Also, yes, alot of commercial structures like Burger King are cheaply made with heavy roof top loads such as AC units. These are made to burn and we as firefighters let them burn.

Didn't I tell you that we don't have rocks around here? The bedrock you are thinking of is quite a long ways below the swamp.

It would separate enough to have a gaping hole in your wall.

>Stone houses are as easy to build

Not even close. A small crew can throw up the walls for a stick (wooden) house in a day or two. Stone or brick is certainly better, but it takes much longer, requires rarer skills, and is far more expensive. Actual concrete has some other issues with things like cracking and mildew, aside from being more expensive.

A lot of them do. In more rural areas you will find trailer houses like the one in that picture.

The houses in your picture are found in towns amd cities that were thriving around the turn of the 19th to 20th centuries.

We still have much to learn from africa.

You havnt seen how cheap wood is here

Construction dude here.

We can and will build us whatever the fuck you pay us to build.
We can build you a house that could withstand a nuclear blast if you pay us enough.

It's so deep it wouldn't be economical for a residential structure.

sick lincoln logs bro

lol you're an idiot
in guam they're about 90% concrete houses (with iron rebar)
I lived through several very powerful earthquakes and my house didn't even Crack
most of the houses were completely undamaged!
also been through several hurricanes far more powerful than harvey and katrina and none of the windows even cracked

Exactly. It would cost as much as the house itself to bore down 75 ft to 100ft and fill them up with concrete as a footer for the concrete walls. Absolutely retarded idea.

Crumble
Very nice, people would be surprised how affordable these can be

I cant speak for the nation but its is a code in the gulf coast Florida for homes to be build out of cinder blocks.

Fun fact in Europe, building a wood house is more expensive than an all concrete one.

concrete houses are better everywhere
only reason why Americans don't do it is because we have an abundance of wood and our entire building industry is built around wood houses

Interesting.
Some places people here have no choice, but most can build whatever they want.

Some areas they must be stone or cement because of hurricanes, some areas they must be wood or special earthquake -proof construction

Is that due to expensive wood, cheap concrete, or costly regulations?
We have a lot of wood farms in the south, so wood is very cheap across the nation.
>sinking house foundation intensifies

LoL I'm living on 15th floor of a concrete apartment that survived 6.5 magnitude earthquake without cracks. If my building stands still your two story cucksheds won't even scratch at all.

You must be really dumb to rebuild your homes every year.

for hurricane areas only
same for the rest of the country
the problem is when hurricanes surprise surprise hit areas that AREN'T "hurricane areas"

uh we do?

ICF building is getting more popular and it is cheaper now to build with that than typical wood frames.