Why do religionfags believe their religion is true...

Why do religionfags believe their religion is true? Don't they realize by doing that they're saying all other religions aren't true? What are the odds of that? Isn't it obvious people are just making this shit up? Thor and Zeus used to be gods that people actually believed in just as hard as any religion today but now they're just seen as "folklore".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z-S52rfLfCY
youtu.be/wo3V0r-6MGw
jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/free-bible-study/
apps.jw.org/E_SRCHMTGMAPS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thor and zeus didn't manifest themselves as human beings and do miracles

your pic related did

all religions are a system CREATED BY MEN to try and explain god. God can't be bound to any one theology and I FUCKING HATE people on this board you shit all over every thread with their bullshit.

Christ fags

Jew "Chosen People" Larpers

shit drives me crazy.

They believed Thor came down and did shit and Zeus fought Typhon on Earth.
This, thank you

fpbp
Yet nobody bothered to write it down?

Yeah, they wrote it down. They also had giant stone temples and statues dedicated to them. Many people have done this. They took their religions seriously and believed in them just as much as you believe in Jesus doing miracles or God parting the sea.

We believe in our religions because they are ours. They are the toolset handed down to us from our ancestors for addressing questions about being, purpose, and the divine.

If I had been born in Ancient Greece I would worship Zeus, but because I am born here and born I honor Christ.

Do you really want to know or are you just trolling. I am willing to answer you if you are for reals.

By all means. He did

People were very bored and stupid back then; almost as bad as today.

Because I'm no longer making an assumption that one particular one is true and all of the rest of them aren't. In all honesty it's probably the most logical to be Agnostic. That is if you're unsure that people didn't make all this shit up. If you're unsure whether or not a lightning wielding god fought a monster almost the size of the Earth.

>Please confirm my views pol.
This is you faggot.

Sure he did... It'$ people like you who make me realize human folly is eternal.

Study Quantum Physics, Laws of Physics, Abiogenesis, Mathematics, Consciousness, String Theory. That alone proves the NECESSITY for a creator.

However, I will demonstrate a SPECIFIC creator to you.

>(Isaiah 44:6) “This is what Jehovah has said, the King of Israel and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies, ‘I am the first and I am the last, and besides me there is no God.

>(Revelation 1:8) “I am the Al′pha and the O·me′ga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

>(Revelation 21:6) And he said to me: “They have come to pass! I am the Al′pha and the O·me′ga, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free.

>(Psalm 90:2) ... Even from time indefinite to time indefinite you are God.

>(Jeremiah 10:10) But Jehovah is in truth God. He is the living God and the King to time indefinite.

PAY ATTENTION HERE

>(1 Kings 8:27) “But will God truly dwell upon the earth? Look! The heavens, yes, the heaven of the heavens, themselves cannot contain you; how much less, then, this house that I have built!

PAY ATTENTION HERE

>(Deuteronomy 10:14) Behold, to Jehovah your God belong the heavens, EVEN THE HEAVENS OF THE HEAVENS, the earth and all that is in it.

The first set up above describe God in an INFINITE EXISTENCE beyond all time and space. That's why God is the beginning and the end. The second part describes God as being bigger than the universe itself. The third is describing different dimensions of existence. That's why heaven has its own heaven. It's describing different dimensions. God is bigger than the entire universe but also probably the multi-verse and all dimensions. He is infinity itself. No other god/gods is described in such a perfect state. All other ancient gods were animals, humanoids living underwater, on mountains or in the clouds.

Pay attention: Where did those ancient sand people get the ideas of extra-dimensional non-corporeal beings beyond the space-time continuam? Where did they get the idea of someone being bigger than the entire universe itself? Where did they get the idea of a being that extends from past, present, and future simultaneously? Where did they get the idea of a living infinity?

All other ancient cultures described their gods from limited human points of view. They described their gods as animals, plants, animal-human hybrids, and fully human figured. They placed those gods in locations humans could see from the oceans, rivers, mountains, sun, moon, stars, sky, clouds, etc.

Yet the God of the Bible is described in a Quantum state of existence. In a state of existence that most educated humans can barely understand today.

Being a "technical agnostic" is fine but I have come to believe that you are really missing out if you don't try to do your religion. I took off my fedora and went to church a couple of years ago and it has enriched my life in so many ways. Even in spite of my doubts and my respect for other faiths, the community, the mythology, the meditative practices (such as the rosary), the strict rules to abide by, all of these things bring you closer to God, or if you prefer, they test your metal and show you what you're really made of

>Why do religionfags believe their religion is true?
The power of the holy ghost. Also not being a retard and seeing Chritianity as the most logical to.
>Don't they realize by doing that they're saying all other religions aren't true?
No shit retard

fpbp

Of course my religion is the correct one. It's very obvious that everyone else is either working for or being deceived by the devil.

Could it be that god(s) reveal themselves in different ways to different groups of people and that they all are true?

Can you prove anything in the bible

without referencing the bible?

Religions are more of a team than anything. It brings people together

Feelz

I just did. Although I did use the Bible look what the Bible says about God and his nature.

Muhammad flew to heaven on a winged horse. Therefore Islam must be true by your logic.

Those are actually good points. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Buddhists and Hindus covered topics like that too. So it wasn't only them. Maybe it's just an innate part of our universe?
I can't do it. Every time I go to a church I can't get into it because I don't believe it. It's just so retarded. How can you fully commit to something like that?
>No shit retard
You're the retard here.
That would be really cool.

Why do no-religionfags believe no religion is true? Don't they realize by doing that they're saying god created humans for no reason. Don't they realize by doing that they're insulting god.

Look, sparing the details, my path was

Catholic -> Athiest -> Agnostic -> Buddhist -> Christian-esque

I'm a Physicist (and no I don't mean and undergrad nubile).

I had supernatural experiences and I've spent decades exploring answers to them. I've meditated countless hours on God, reality, and where we are in the continuum of realms. At the end of your journey you will find God if that is his plan for you.

No one is beyond saving, but some aren't meant to be saved. Think it over, bruv.

I hope to see you by my side when Jesus returns as the Lion.

This is difficult for people to understand who have no friends

ancient kingdom of israel

jesus christ's crucifixion

babylonian captivity

Why do no-religionfags believe no religion is true? Don't they realize by doing that they're saying god created humans for no reason. Don't they realize by doing that they're insulting god.

It helped me to run into a couple of religious people that really challenged me. Your average churchgoer isn't equipped to argue with you but you would be surprised at the education of your local catholic priests. In my case I spent time at a Franciscan monastery (they allow people to do week-long retreats there) where I talked to some of the most chill dudes, all of whom had advanced degrees in philosophy, history, theology, languages, etc. a good friend of mine is a professor of religions who practiced Buddhism for 15 years before becoming catholic and he was also a big influence.

I promise you that there are religious people that are smarter than you, somewhere, and though they won't "prove" god for you, they will help you learn to respect religious thinking and tradition.

That doesn't make sense to me. It reminds me of a time I talked to a schizophrenic person.
That has nothing to do with it.
I'm not that smart myself but at the very least can you agree that the stories in the bible are fucking ludicrous? Sure, I could believe in a one being or creator but the stories attached to the book just make it seem fake.

I have no religion.Religion is a business.
What i have is FAITH. Faith in GOD, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

They are largely myths (especially the OT). It's a mistake to believe that they are literal accounts of what happened to people.

However, just because it's a myth doesn't mean it's "ludicrous" or a "lie" or what have you. Myths are a form of storytelling that communicates esoteric truth, the "moral of the story" but also certain truths about life, God, being a person, etc. You wouldn't say "Beowulf" was "ludicrous" because it isn't true, would you? But it contains truth within it, just as the Greek and Norse myths did, just as the Bhagavad Gita and other Indian texts do, and just as they bible does. The New Testament, on the other hand, walks the line between myth and literal account. It is both at once- and you've got to look for the good in it rather than just trying to tear it down.

>Every time I go to a church I can't get into it because I don't believe it. It's just so retarded.

Maybe I can help. What is it about church or the Bible that keeps you away from it?

>I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Buddhists and Hindus covered topics like that too. So it wasn't only them. Maybe it's just an innate part of our universe?

No, Buddhism is Hinduism without the funny blue multi-arm gods. Hinduism has thousands of gods for everything. Two of the main gods have the heads of an elephant and a monkey. They are all based on humans who have sex with each other. They are based on humans as well. Jehovah of the Bible is not described as a human, animal, plant, nor an object under water, earth nor the heavens. His existence is described as extra-dimensional, beyond the space-time continuam, and infinity himself.

>jehovah's witness

The OT is surely embellished but you have no idea what you're talking about regarding the NT. The chain of custody and dating checks out with history.

Buddhism gets into metaphysical stuff if I remember correctly. The main thing that keeps me away from it is the surrendering. Whenever I go in a church and start thinking about it my head hurts and I start to make up crazy things in my mind and try to "block God" or Satan. Craziness makes more craziness.

I'm glad fedoras are idiots and don't breed. I don't want my Christian children to suffer being around them.

God is good.

Nice shitposting my dude.

Why are Christians so antagonistic on this board? They're basically the same shit as the average user, just LARPing as something ideologically superior. Imagine the average Christfag on this board was a priest.
>Father forgive me for I have sinned
>I spoke angrily to my mother
>Well the Bible says to stop doing that can't you fucking read
>I'm having doubts in my faith
>Chrisianity is obviously the most logical faith, stop being a retard
Ya'll don't even pretend to take your religion seriously on here, I wonder how many two-faced cunts on here act like this on Sup Forums but go full pretending nice mode at church.

>Buddhism gets into metaphysical stuff if I remember correctly.

Yes it does. The Chakras, Nirvana, and mantras. Too metaphysical actually. There is no logic nor reason in it.

>The main thing that keeps me away from it is the surrendering.

What do you mean?

>Whenever I go in a church and start thinking about it my head hurts and I start to make up crazy things in my mind and try to "block God".

Why?

How may I be of service?

Because world is too complicated and chaotic for our minds, we need simplifications and assumptions that we believe in. Mind you, not "know" what is true but to believe what is true. Without that we live in permanent state of chaos.

Also consider that most laws you have right now come from judeo-christian tradition, without that you might ask yourself why the hell would you believe in crap like human rights?

The answer is that believing in something is pragmatic and useful and has meaningful real life consequences.

Unconditional faith
>Don't they realize by doing that they're saying all other religions aren't true?
yes
>What are the odds of that?
there are no odds, that is how it is
> Isn't it obvious people are just making this shit up?
no, or debate on the authenticity of the bible would have ended centuries ago
> Thor and Zeus used to be gods that people actually believed in just as hard as any religion today but now they're just seen as "folklore".
true

This seems like a good thread to shill some Doctor William Luther Pierce on Cosmic Consciousness.
youtube.com/watch?v=z-S52rfLfCY

youtu.be/wo3V0r-6MGw

convert to catholicism

Amen, brother.

there is literally zero proof jesus did miracles, the only reason it was added in is because 2000 years ago the plebs needed to be told about magic n sheeeit before they believed anything.

The teachings of jesus are an amazing philosophical document, their truthfulness is self evident and does not require miracles anymore than gandhi or martin luther king jr needed to walk on water to be considered great men.

I wonder what jesus would think if he saw all the shit people say about him today, would probably just laugh and say some dope ass parable then go smoke pot with his disciples.

I used to be Catholic. I"m not anymore because they turn the Bible into a sacred paper weight. If the Bible is the word of God why turn it into a paperweight. Pic related.

The word 'faith' in English connotes to many people the idea of 'blind trust'. But in Greek the meaning of the word is closer to something like "trust in what is known prior".

t. schizophrenic

Study all of 'em and come to your own conclusions. Aren't there some Masons that study Indo-European mythology for their own Esoteric benefit?

>Every time I go to a church I can't get into it because I don't believe it. It's just so retarded. How can you fully commit to something like that?

This is SO easy. ask yourself "why am I going to church today?" If your answer is stupid, your experience will likewise be stupid.

An example for me would be "I am going to church to become part of a strong community and reflect on how to be a better person"

attitude is important, going to church to "give god one more chance" is insulting and you probably justly end in the lake of fire for such hubris. God's given you nothing but chances, you don't get to be so disrespectful towards him.

Most of the christians here are simple and pleasant, you dumb cunt. You just only pay attention to inflammatory responses because you are a petty bitch.

3:16; praise it, faggot.

You assume too much about the mindset I have. I don't want to be a good person because God wants me to. I want to do it by myself and without him or any aid. If he's real and sends me to hell then he's a douche.

I don't know. You guys have given me things to think about. I might actually become a Christian.

That's absolutely right. There is only one truth. Only one answer to 2+2. All other answers to 2+2 are false.
... and I believe because I have witnessed the opposite end of my religion.
pic related.

Lol, hilarious pic.
Catholicism: 440CE
Creator of the image doesn't do history obviously.

What is the pic supposed to be exactly?

Picture of a picture taken in late 80's after an exorcism; a manifestation of (1 of 3) demonic entities.

jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/free-bible-study/

apps.jw.org/E_SRCHMTGMAPS

It doesn't look like anything

I know it's bad, but I like it how it shows all the Major world religions systematically in one pic.

Buddy, Charles Taze Russell was brought to trial and found a fraud after he could not identify simple Greek or Hebrew characters, yet he claimed to have "fixed" Catholic and Protestant translations.

The NWT wasn't even released until after his death. He didn't fix any translation. He continued to use whatever translation was available.

They tried to make him self-incriminate himself by trying to make him translate English to Greek. You don't translate from a current language INTO an old ancient language. He knew what the lawyer was trying to do and refused.

Religious people live in a dimension where their god is true. They are unhappy that people believe otherwise. Proper understanding of mathematics and astronomy may help in the regard. If you are looking for proof of this, check out Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.

Keep thinking whatever you want to think, history speaks for itself.
Protestantism is bad enough being at most 500 years old, to the current year. Jehovah's Witnesses are hundreds of times worse; a 19th century total Judaizing apostasy.
There's a reason why it attracts the most intellectually dense.

I'll pray for you; gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto, sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.

See my user name. Look me up on 4Plebs on Sup Forums archives. See how dense my work is.

Through Faith in Jesus Christ.

Have you read the sermon on the mount in the chapter Matthew?

Setting that aside, let's assume well get hit by an asteroid tomorrow, or Yellowstone goes off, or any other number of other potential events: what if Christ is real? Did you seek him out? What do you have to lose? read one section of one chapter in the New Testament. If you don't have the book, google it: Sermon on the mount. In Matthew.

I have no interest whatsoever in falling prey to a false theology that is the descendant of a sixteenth century religion founded by a rebel Catholic clergyman (Fr. Luther), subsequently a whole handful of other sects founded in opposition of their direct descendant, to men like Charles Russell who took the logical conclusion of the Protestant revolt and privately interpreted himself completely out of Christianity.
After all, who is to tell him he's wrong? If one can just open the Scriptures and the Holy Ghost will speak the interpretation to you, then by God, who are you to argue with the Holy Ghost? Nevermind that the supposed Holy Ghost speaking the interpretation to you contradicts everyone else's supposed enlightenment by the Holy Ghost.

It's all one continual revolution and downward slide from 1517 to 2017.

When it comes to interpreting scriptures JW don't take the mysterious supernatural approach that you do. We take the logical, simple, and reasonable approach. We believe the Bible interprets ITSELF. Not that some supernatural force reveals it to you even though it was always there. The Bible is a supernatural book but it doesn't take one becoming supernatural to understand it.

The reason JW have come to our conclusions over the decades on what the Bible teaches is because we study it, research it, and compare it to all ancient manuscripts of all languages available today. The Bible is understandable if you are reasonable and objective, not supernatural. Pic related is how organized and self-interpreting the Bible is.

>We believe the Bible interprets ITSELF
This is precisely where you end up with thousands upon thousands of various sects all claiming to have the Scriptures speak clearly yet all contradict one another.
You're just another victim of the Protestant hermeneutic.

exorcism is fake nigger , the disciples could heal and cast out demons , today we can only cast out demons ?

>Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?

disciples heal but fail to cast out demons

Devils are the cause of illnes

>18And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

This. Most Christians on here are rather pleasant and decent, and are staunch in their opposition against degeneracy. It's the retarded Redditfags who shove plastic dog-dildoes up their asses, whilst screaming about Varg and the Amazing Atheist, that are the true cancer on this board.

checked

>Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

You may be good in the flesh, but not in spirit.

I read the word of God and it became clear to me as I Had never heard better reason or direction from a earthly mentor, teacher, faculty or manager.

Matthew 5-7New International Version (NIV)

Read and decide for yourself is my challenge to you...

>yeah, Jesus was totally a secular humanist philosopher. The Bible only distorts his REAL teachings

Cool.
So just like the Gnostics from the olden days, you've taken the square peg of Christ and hammered him into the round hole that is your particular philosophy

>christian/jew/muslim god exists from the begining of time
>decides to only interact with humans for a few years when we were only a stone throw away from being cavemen
>also there is only one of It and It likes to larp as bushes, Its own son, and as a spooky spirit

Yeah fuck that. You know who liked to fuck mortal women? Zeus. If Jesus isnt a demigod then hes an Avatar of God which is a Hindu thing. Abraham religion is copy+paste tier.
Thats why I worship Ra. I see his glory daily and he is what keeps life on earth alive. Praise Ra!

Just admit you're a brainlet who doesn't realize how similar all religions are that they might as well just be synonymous with each other. Were the Greeks right? Or was Rome right? Or were Zeus and Jupiter just synonyms representative of the same idea?

You mean "Sola Scriptura." Ironically, all those who claim that don't actually practice it. It was one of the earliest memes to be past around that was always heard but never taken seriously. JW are the only ones who let the Bible interpret itself while all the other sects just do what the RCC church does and create their own beliefs. Atleast the RCC and the Orthodox admit they shelf the Bible for their own traditions while all the other sects just straight out lie and say they do while they dont.

Romans saw religion as a means to unify the culture; as the Latin root of culture is cultus, meaning common religious devotion of a people. They borrowed many things from the Greeks.
Oh boy, an adherent to a 19th century apostate sect is going to tell me about how the 2,000 year old Christian Church is wrong. Hold on let me get comfortable.

Greeks/Romans doesn't even matter, it's just the most relatable to common era. The ideas are thousands of years older than either society, some of the ideas tens of thousands of years. Animized gods of fecundity are among the oldest religious ideas there is, the only difference is their anthropomorphic representation in art, but even in art, the core representation may be of different form but then the symbolism is still the same.

>Oh boy, an adherent to a 19th century apostate sect is going to tell me about how the 2,000 year old Christian Church is wrong.

The Bible does a good job at that on its own.

>“In recent years the practice has crept in of pronouncing the God of Israel’s proper name...The name of God ... is neither to be used or pronounced... for the translation of the Biblical text in modern languages, ... -a letter dated June29, 2008, to presidents of Catholic bishops’ conferences, the Vatican

>(Jeremiah 23:27) They are thinking of making my people forget my name by means of their dreams that they keep relating each one to the other, just as their fathers forgot my name by means of Ba′al.

Not quite sure what you're saying here.
Jesus/Iesus/Ieosus is a transliteration, not a translation. Yahweh has been used forever.

>742

John 7:42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?

Other religions don't have a hyperdeminsional scripture that chastises you for doubting said scripture via random numbers on a peruvian foot-rubbing forum.

Quantum mechanics has almost nothing to do with religion go watch some more cult vidoes on the YouTube though, I love the keks.
Any actually partial physicists here? Are you lyao too?

>partical
I would say you are a partial physicist though.
>oh look its another episode of learn the theories, not the math and plug some shit with some shit to get some shit so bang existance i fucking get it riiiiiiiight

>He's a Christ-cuck but believes in the Saturn-moon-matrix

Error heathen. God created his religion, both covenants, you rejected his Son, so you will go to hell.

>Oh boy, an adherent to a 19th century apostate sect is going to tell me about how the 2,000 year old Christian Church is wrong. Hold on let me get comfortable.

Thats the same thing the jews said , and we all know what happend to the jews

He did that in a dream, noone saw him doing that