Russian shills - how bad is it?

So we know that the Russian government pays propagandists to spread misinformation on facebook. How active are they on Sup Forums or Sup Forums? How many memes are created by Russian shills? How many of the pro-Russian views you see here are actually paid for by Putin? Anyone know? I'm very concerned.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Earnest_Voice
newsroom.fb.com/news/2017/09/information-operations-update/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>2:17 PM
gook or australian?

Straya

You've got to be worried about how many of the posts here come from Russia. I'm always surprised at how many there are and how good their English is. Do we just assume that they're all paid shills trying to fuck up our site and deceive us?

Bump. Anyone know what's up? I bet with the new flags that the number of Russian shills has gone up massively. Or maybe they're all behind super proxies anyway. Anyone know how bad this is?

why were they shilling for "trump" after he got elected?
I thought the Zucc(tm) would have stopped this in the first place.

No such a thing
>+15p

>why were they shilling for "trump" after he got elected?
I think because they wanted to promote support for Trump with a pro-Russian inflection so they could get their sanctions lifted. But this was always a bit fucking stupid because if you invade neighboring countries (the Ukraine) and seize land (the Crimea) then you're always going to be unpopular. The Russian economy is being destroyed because of low oil prices too (brought about the the Saudis and Americans colluding), so the stakes were very high.

It seems that facebook has only just become aware that this fake news was driven by Putin. I want to know what anyone knows about its extent on Sup Forums. I bet there's been a lot of it, especially in meme generation. Maybe that's also why Putin got so angry about the gay clown meme.

Hi Sergei! I was expecting you.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Earnest_Voice

So we know that the American government pays propagandists to spread misinformation on facebook. How active are they on Sup Forums or Sup Forums? How many memes are created by American shills? How many of the pro-Russian views you see here are actually paid for by the CIA? Anyone know? I'm very concerned.

Likewise this is a good question too. For many years in the post-WWII period the CIA was providing covert funding to groups that supported American conservative political causes, like literary magazines that were anti-communist.
But just now I'm shocked at the scale of the Russian operation. I want to know what they've done on Sup Forums and Sup Forums especially. Any more ideas? (And I assume that you're not Sergei with a new proxy.)

Isn't Snowden still in Russia?

Yeah, being protected by Putin. I wonder if he's behind much of this hacking. He's probably shitposting under a proxy on Sup Forums every day whenever there's a Russian thread.

so CIA propaganda machine finds russia propaganda bots?

so nothing but pot calling kettle coon ?

>so CIA propaganda machine finds russia propaganda bots?
It's actually facebook who located the shills. I think facebook would prefer not to be used for political propaganda and manipulation, but it's pretty rampant on the site and it's clear that they don't really know what to do. Maybe they're putting more money now into tracing where the ads are coming from and when there's coordinated political misinformation being spread. Idk. But I do want to know how much this is happening on Sup Forums. Surely there's a mod or janitor who can weigh in.

Fuck off concern trolling loser

I'd trust the russians more than Facebook.

>100'000
>3'000 ads
>2 years

Literally small time nothing burger

I think Jews and Israelis spread more propaganda than all others. Who owns media through their nepotism?

The majority of Sup Forums is kremlinbots. They seem to favor Aussie, Canadian, German, and Swedish proxies.

>I think facebook would prefer not to be used for political propaganda and manipulation
the people who dontated 20mil to the clinton campaign doesnt want to be used for propaganda?

>Open Borders!
>Globalism!
>Russian Interference!

russians wouldntve attacked poor faceboog were it not for us meddling

>the people who dontated 20mil to the clinton campaign doesnt want to be used for propaganda?
Honestly, I don't know what facebook wants, but being taken over by Russian shills seems bad for the business. Probably the same with Sup Forums too.

>I'd trust the russians more than Facebook.
Seriously, with your history of being invaded constantly by Russia? You must be a Russian plant. I've never heard a real Finn speak like that.

I'm not saying that Russians are good or anything but that they are probably the lesser evil here. History isn't everything, the swedes cucked us beyond belief for centuries but the situation is different now.

Read the post. Under 150k of ads in TWO YEARS, and they weren't even election specific! NOTHING-BURGER Russia narrative BTFO

Russian Shill here
I am a Russian shill. How do you do?

>they are probably the lesser evil here
This p.much

>Russian-funded campaign to promote divisive social and political messages on its network
>divisive social and political messages
Since they're refusing to show anyone the actual ads I'm guessing this means that some (((Russians))) spent $100,000 over a period of two years to buy ads for BLM, SocJus, Open Borders groups.

Bumping your own thread what kind of fuckery is this
>trusting Cuckerberg with any form of Information
Fuck off poofter cunt look at Trumps policy's he's anti Russian

I'll take Russian shills over Shareblue faggot shills any day.

>inb4 Russia is funding Shareblue

Yeah, I'd like to know what the ads were too. I definitely don't recall seeing any such ads that were center-right or pro-Trump that weren't from the actual Trump campaign itself. Most of the ads I get are for products or movies anyway, not political.

>100k in shitposting ads beat a billion dollar campaign

Kek do they not realize how fucking embarassing that is?

>misinformation campaign
>promotes divisive social messages
So which is it?

Is it misinformation, or divisive messages?

Looks like the media will give this the podesta treatment: say that lies are being spread, without ever saying what the lies are.

Fuck this world

>Yeah, I'd like to know what the ads were too.
It's a good point. Facebook should release this info.
Also, nice digits.

i've been following the conflict in ukraine closely and regularly visit the russian analogue to Sup Forums. i can tell you that virtually all russian message boards and social networks are inundated with paid shills. they don't have one single strategy, but use all available avenues for content manipulation. some examples:
- paid shills
- sophisticated neural network bots using natural language they generate by analyzing convos on target sites
- dumb copypasta bots
- infiltrating admin team of a popular group or resource
- paying the resource

russian operation has been incredibly sophisticated and relatively low-cost.

types of messages they spread:
- daily talking points (change daily)
- philosophical/political opinions (change rarely)
- sawing distrust, fatalism, fake news (few to no changes, except news items)

>It seems that facebook has only just become aware that this fake news
Rumors of a Presidential run by Zucc, and we suddenly find out about how misinformation gets spread on facebook...No fucking shit dude...do you fucking think...

I don't use FB. Every time someone bitches about another human, I politely ask how facebook is involved, and if it is to cease the story. Its great. People stop talking to me.

The Supreme Court already ruled money is free speech and they can't bar foreign money from campaigns. How is this an issue?

>So we know that the Russian government pays propagandists to spread misinformation on facebook.

Was it the Russian government? Details of the story seem sketchy to say the least.

Even worse, some Russiaboos *resonate* with shills.

I've seen a guy defending Russia whenever related topic came up. I never understood why he acted like that. He had no connection to Russia in any way.

>. i can tell you that virtually all russian message boards and social networks are inundated with paid shills.

According to no evidence, just your own paranoid delusions?

they haven't been as prolific for the external audience, but have nevertheless been effective

just like during cold war times, the effect that allows them to be effective is amplification through useful idiots.

for example, a russian shill in graphics dept of internet research inc couldn't create a successful meme if his life depended on it. however, the campaign can influence a bunch of susceptible teenagers in the west and memes that support 'the part line' get created organically.

as usual, the problem is useful idiots.

>100,000$ on ads is all it takes to influence an election
whoa...

If you really want to feel Russian shilling at extreme, live in baltic states. Russians have no shame they lie through their teeth.

Ladies and gents, putinbots at work. Already attempting to swing the issue.

I doubt there are actual *paid* Russian shills here, but there are a huge amount of useful idiots looking for a hero in a unipolar world dominated by Americans. Russian propaganda just seems to be the most effective, possibly the best in the world.

Those aren't mutually exclusive...

facebook makes more than that a week from the lamestream media

muh russians.png

dummies galore. this is just the tip of the iceberg and only one avenue of many used.

>If you really want to feel Russian shilling at extreme, live in baltic states. Russians have no shame they lie through their teeth.

The Baltic states are Russian land.

>$100.000 on ads placed over 2 years
>Clinton spent more than that in one day during her presidential campaign

Literally fuck right the hell off Zuckerberg. We all know you're a traitor to this nation, a spy and a data thief who sells our personal information to the highest bidder.

there are actual paid shills here, but they are costly (compared to other methods in their arsenal) and so are mostly used for talking point relevant to news items, not for general topics

99% of the people sucking putin's cock are useful idiots, not shills

muh proofs?

a choice to not provide evidence != evidence not existing.

there's plenty of evidence for russian online propaganda campaigns. most of it can be dismissed for one reason or another (e.g. budget too small, MSM is no better, everyone does this, yes it's evidence for russia, but where's intl campaign). however, i have no interest in providing any of it. those who are smart enough can see how well what i say comports with their experience and logically test the model of the world where this is true. those who can't do that won't be convinced by evidence.

A lot of us just have more sympathy for Putin than any EU """"leader"""".

Kremlinshills usually use proxy of other countries for brainwashing on foreign resources.
Putin spends a millions $ on propaganda abroad.

>datamining
Fuck off shill

If there are paid Russian shills on Sup Forums they're doing a pretty amazing job blending in. CTR and JIDF should ask them for advice.

t.Russian hacker

eu leaders are scum. however, that sympathy is based on false narrative and carefully cultivated image

example: russian news sources make a big deal about islamization of europe, but stay completely silent on islamization of russia. russia has a much bigger islam and immigrant problem than any of the eu countries, and that's saying smth, considering sweden

You know all those Trump General threads? Russians.

Oh and anyone who denies it is clearly a Russian shill.

Facebook wants the same thing every other corporation wants, the perpetuation of corporatism. They will buy out any politician who they feel will protect them and crush their competition with "regulation."

Hot off the press!! "Someone spent 100k to promote their agenda via ads on facebook".
So what. Soros has spent 100k, countless times over to progress his agenda, and in a way thats a bit worse that a facebook ad. No one will headline that.

This however does not excuse Russia. It just mean that it is as crooked as Soros with its foreign meddling.

Always wondered why people give name to tgeir kids that sounds like "sir gay".

These russian super hackers sound really scary, is it even safe to post on Sup Forums? I only come here for Sup Forums and the cunny threads on Sup Forums btw

>a way thats a bit worse that a facebook ad
>a bit worse
OY VEY goy. The Open Society Foundations (in their own words) "work to build vibrant and tolerant democracies whose governments are accountable to their citizens" Nothing wrong with that you racist!

Im shocked Pol. Facebook was running political advertisements bought and paid for by Russians.
How long did they know? I can't believe that they would allow a foreign agency to meddle in the sanctity of American elections, and do NOTHING while America was taken over by a fascist! How long was Facebook colluding with the Russians?
I could never support somebody or their website who would compromise the sanctity of American elections. This is disgusting. Zuckerberg should be put in an orange jumpsuit. Fucking racist

This is definitely the bullshit. All polacks should trust only decent sources like Sputnik, RT, Russian Pravda, etc. Putin and Assad, my favorite muslim, are the last bastion of the white race and Christianity.
t /sg/ retarded shill

FACEBERG IS IN TRUMPS POCKET! ALL NORMIES MUST KNOW!
Seriously that's would be fun to spread. If /pol could cause some mass normie account deletions that would be hilarious

You forgot Al-Jazeera

Proof?

>Proof?
>tip of the ice(((berg)))

I would LOVE to see the alleged Russian "misinfo."

>Facebook uncovers
IT MUST BE TRUE

>How active are they on Sup Forums or Sup Forums?
They probably dont give a fuck about Sup Forums or even Sup Forums itself.
Im not even sure Olgino knows that it exists, and even if they do, its not big nor influential enough for them to spend their resources at it.

>The vast majority of ads run by these accounts didn’t specifically reference the US presidential election, voting or a particular candidate.

In other words
We have no proof of anything and
>
>Rather, the ads and accounts appeared to focus on amplifying divisive social and political messages across the ideological spectrum — touching on topics from LGBT matters to race issues to immigration to gun rights.
In other words
>Being anti LGBT
>Pro guns
>Anti immigration
Means you're financed by Russia
>GoY you're not entitled to dissenting opinions that makes your a traitor to our system and agent of the enemy we have declared as such by ourselves

The icing on the cake
>Pages were affiliated with one another and likely operated out of Russia.

We don't know but
LIKELY
LIKELY
LIKELY
LIKELY
LIKELY

>bought from accounts with US IP addresses but with the language set to Russian
Golly geee CIAniggers false flagging ,something we never seen before

Do polspastics srsly fall for this?
Are they seriously ignorant of the fact that the FaceJew works with the Gov, and the Gov wants to push le MUh RUSSHA narrative?

SOURCE
newsroom.fb.com/news/2017/09/information-operations-update/

>How bad is it?

Get fucking smart enough to recognize them. I swear Sup Forums would be like, 60% better if the average user could recognize shills. And not just Russian ones either.

It's annoying because it's so fucking easy to recognize them if you've got even half a brain.

guess facebook should be made into a state entity to prevent this from happening again. can you believe as they are now, they can just accept ANYONES money? even russians! we're like at war with those guys or something

>Facebook uncovers
Like I'm going to trust anything Zucker "those fucking idiots" Cuckergoldbergstein. If he said grass is green I'd rush out of my house to make sure my lawn didn't turn purple over night.

It's almost like anyone who feels like it can buy advertisements on Facebook.

Its apparently a Russian one at least.

Good to know Zuck is an anti American traitor employed by the same Russians who got us this orange asshat.

>Everyone who likes Trump is Putinbot
>Everyone who don't are shareblue
>Everyone who likes Russia is Putinbot
>Everyone who doesn't is CIA shill

Jesus Christ does this board not have any shills? What opinions do I have to have? I'm anti-neocon wars, neutral on Trump and Russia has the right to do same things that US do if US can do these things

Many nations around the world use shills to spread shit and rile people up for their own benefit. US, China, Russia, all do it.

For the most part the burger public believe the official 9/11 story / war in iraq / other propaganda from US gov + media

Outside where the US controls the narrative people accept the US does horrible shit all the time. This is a live example of controlling the past by controlling the preasent

I would not be suprised if in the US intel community disrupting the narrative would qualify as "interference" in the election.

This board making meme propaganda might be considered as a "subverted" place interfering because its not inside the mainstream lie

Will the russia story end up being Sup Forums trolls?

The same goes for porasha, porashniks just use it as an argument when they encounter anyone who disagrees with them even if he isn't an ardent supporter of Putin.

I gradually build the tractor to the first world, nonetheless my views are regarded as Olginistic among the Russian libshits just because I don't give a shit about Putin and don't hate him like they do.

>. I think facebook would prefer not to be used for political propaganda and manipulation, but it's pretty rampant on the site and it's clear that they don't really know what to do.

I think facebook would like to get paid more than anything else.

Russia tends to be pretty direct in it's approach.

Finns often visit Saint Petersburg merely for booze and smoking weed why wouldn't they like us.

Until you realize the us does this, every single first world country with intelligence agencies does this. Every single one. It's all just one big Jewish backstabbing shitshow as every first world country spies and influences their neighbors and third world shit holes via installing democracies.

You get weed in Russia?

I thought you only drank liquor

Let me break it down for you.
There HAVE BEEN proofs of Russian shills from Olgino, but they're paid pennies and they shill on Russian sites because they can't really speak English.
No Russian shills on Western websites.

It's illegal. But it's the most popular drug in Russia alongside with booze. Cocaine is much less popular in Russia because it's very expensive here.

There is conspiracy theory about our gvt. lobbying YouTube, but what do they need from Sup Forums?

So this idiotic shit is the reason everytime i try to argue with a braindamaged radical lefty no matter what be it borders or that we propbably should enforce laws the only "argument" they shoot back is "lol russian bot".
These fucking idiots.

>It's illegal. But it's the most popular drug in Russia alongside with booze. Cocaine is much less popular in Russia because it's very expensive here.
I thought that Krokodil was the drug of choice in Russia after alcohol.

>post about paid shills
>ctr shill flag
kikebook will be destroyed.

>why wouldn't they like us.
WWII and all the previous wars might have something to do with it. Few rubles for you today.

100K over 2 year period. Hillary spent 2 billion on her disinformation campaign. Laughable.

Right? Hahaha. It's so fucking stupid, it blows my mind this is the argument the Deep State is going with right now. You're coming to the den of the masters of subversion who defeated literally the biggest billion dollar propaganda campaign in history with this utterly weak bullshit?

It blows my fucking mind. How can they be this stupid?