Meditation

Do you meditate Sup Forums? How often do you do it?

I use to be pissed all the time on here, started hating people in general and believing genocide was the true option not just for ethnic cleansing but removing the stupid people which inhabited our world through the most viscous means possible.
I hated college too, having to pretend to be apolitical while professors kept shoving down leftist ideology drivel in classes I was paying for out of my own pocket that were required if I wanted to progress.

I expressed this to a campus counselor and he set aside some time and taught me meditation. I still dislike most of things going on in the world, but I have a far more positive and useful mindset about it.

Instead of endlessly bitching about everything wrong I actually work at trying to fix things; a few months ago I was helping repair a ghetto in my town with a group of volunteers.

Sure there were a lot of niggers there, but what I saw was valuable property that would become too expensive for them to own if we improved it to a suitable condition. Sure enough, most of the blacks in the area have sold their homes and moved back to California. Last week the area became majority white for the first time since 1998.

My mind feels way clearer, sharper, and I've realized that anger fogs the mind plenty more than any kind of brainwashing. Hatred is a weight that keeps you moving at a snail's pace through life. Meditation hasn't removed either from me, but with it I've been able to refine my feelings and turn them into something useful not just for me but everyone.

If all you do is come onto Sup Forums to feel hatred and anger, regret in taking the redpill, ect. I would strongly recommend you try meditation for a week or so. Try it out and see the results for yourself. Take it seriously, it could be the difference between you living a shitty life doing nothing but hating niggers and Jews or becoming the next great leader to mold humanity towards a stringent dawn of beauty.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age
youtube.com/watch?v=I8dLlGvroac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this is like one of those ironic "yaaaawn im getting sleepy......." posts right

If you don't meditate I'm going to fucking come into your house and force you.

I haven't done it much since my third eye was opened permanently.

My advice for you, OP, is start focusing on control while you're meditating.

Not just breathing; heart rate, metabolic rate, etc. can all be manually controlled.

>sitting cross-legged
You are like little babby.

I've already been getting there. It feels great, like an ascension of some kind.

Good shit, OP. Meditation is pretty good for you. I myself don't do it as often as everyone says I should, but I'm more of a "when it feels right" kind of person. Life is already pretty great, and I feel balance in a lot of ways.
The more you can positively influence your vibrations, the better, especially now. Things are coming and I feel like you will be called upon to lead in some capacity.
You're going to feel like you're going insane and that things don't make sense, but if you can ground yourself and realize that you're picking up new signals in the radio that is your brain, you'll get through the next step just fine.

'Meditation' is a meme to serious Buddhists which is why you've probably noticed that it's so wishy-washy and inconsistent. Please don't waste your time with this new age crap.

'Meditation' is a mistranslation of the Pali 'Bhavana' (development, cultivation). If you want real wisdom read the real canonical texts (dhammapada, 5 nikayas etc)

Source: I've studied the Pali canon for hundreds of hours

>new age crap
>not new at all

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I personally don't feel like a 30 minute meditation session can do anything but help.
Yes, there are many different texts and sources out there with their own ways of achieving the same goal, but none of them are necessarily "wrong".
To write them off so hastily would be a mistake, but not one that I feel would prevent you from achieving your own personal goals.

Meditation is older than the 70s.

Also I'll read those, they seem interesting thanks.

fpbp

I take really long shits.

No, they can't. You ape.

It helps you in so far as during those 30 minutes you're not doing harmful things to yourself but that's it, it can only suppress the ailments of the mind never eliminate them.

The 8 Jhanas are a whole different animal to modern new-age 'meditation' its not comparable

Yes, there are many different texts and sources out there with their own ways of achieving the same goal, but none of them are necessarily "wrong".

I understand the idea of the universal path but what you said isn't correct, if you never discriminate and investigate you'll never discern the truth

If you sit and pay attention to your breath for an hour, you will legitimately feel better. Anxiety decreases, depression alleviates, old thought patterns are broken and new ones are allowed to form.

Just because some hippies and entrepreneurial yogis co-opted meditation for their own purposes doesn't mean you need to dig through esoteric texts to do some basic self-reflection.

Hippies also practice yoga which is amazing for your body. They did a lot of stupid shit but not all of them were druggy retards, if Sup Forums was around during their time I'm sure most of them would latch onto it just as quickly as you and I did.

I know that's a meme picture, but I remember meditating and felt the boundaries end, the last thought was "I am part of the Universe, and the Universe is part of me". It was kind of uncomfortable and jarring so I stopped a few seconds later. I remember driving home and seeing a homeless man and recognizing that we were both part of the same entity.

Jacking off and playing League of Legends never felt so empty as it did after that.

I don't deny that but it's a mundane accomplishment, the goal of the true Dhamma isn't coping with life it's the path to Brahman (the absolute)

>I use to be pissed all the time on here, started hating people in general and believing genocide was the true option not just for ethnic cleansing but removing the stupid people which inhabited our world through the most viscous means possible.

I also meditate and still feel that way.

Hippies were invented by the CIA to de-legitimize the extremely successful anti-war movements that sprang up in the 60s.

This is a terrible meditation guide.

>Do you meditate Sup Forums? How often do you do it?

Yes. About once a day but time varies.

>Instead of endlessly bitching about everything wrong I actually work at trying to fix things

This has nothing to do with meditation.

>My mind feels way clearer, sharper, and I've realized that anger fogs the mind plenty more than any kind of brainwashing. Hatred is a weight

Hate is just another emotion. Meditating is about observing your state as it is, observing what's happening in reality at that moment. The goal is to bring your mind to the present instead of wandering about. This is what nearly all meditative paths teach the rest is just the manner in which you get there.

Which makes me question what in the fuck they taught you.

>If all you do is come onto Sup Forums to feel hatred and anger, regret in taking the redpill, ect. I would strongly recommend you try meditation for a week or so.

A WEEK? Hahahah you're not even going to be comfortable sitting down for 15 minutes straight in a week let alone have had the time to learn anything.

Are you trying to mislead people here or are you just the victim of some terrible teacher yourself? It certainly sounds like your screed is just a cover to moralize about the website rather than say anything about meditation.

Have you ever meditated for 30 minutes to come to that conclusion?
Are there any scientific facts you can use to back your claim up?

Meditation is the act of making your mind go blank.

I can't do that, I'm too aware of everything.

>This has nothing to do with meditation.
Meditation has given me a clearer mind which has allowed me to see a better path to take in my life. Hate is an emotion which burdens you when you leave it unattended and unfocused just like any other emotion, and by observing the state of your being it becomes clear and easy on how to better focus your emotional state into something productive rather than self-destructive.

Also I sit down for over several hours a day straight without break, where do you think we are, seriously? Did you even put thought into what you were writing when you wrote that?

I don't know what he's on about but there's a lot of ongoing research on neuroscience and meditation. I read this a while ago and it's a bit out of date now, lots more new research have been done. It's still a good book to start the topic with.

>Meditation is the act of making your mind go blank.
>I can't do that, I'm too aware of everything.

Sort of, it's being entirely in the present. You can't do it now, that's why you practice. You don't decide piano playing is something you want to do, try to play Beethoven and give up immediately saying you can't play the piano.

It is such bullshit. I cannot close my third eye, it is so fucking dry.

>Hate is an emotion which burdens you
> just like any other emotion

There's the rub. OP is introducing a lot of wishywashy lefty talking points in a positive sense, which is just more decisions guided by emotion. There is no difference if it's irrational hate or love guiding you.

> on how to better focus your emotional state into something productive rather than self-destructive.

You left out the part where you don't talk in vague handwaves and state direct chosen actions, which would betray that you're just choosing to do new things and then interpreting them as "something productive instead of self-destructive", with that reasoning just being another political framework.

>Also I sit down for over several hours a day straight without break,

Good for you.. I guess. Do you think it's a competition? Because you just lost it.

>Did you even put thought into what you were writing when you wrote that?

Lotta ego for an enlightened man.

No, bring all focus from any of those points this this one: I really want to know what you were thinking when you thought someone on Sup Forums would have trouble sitting comfortably with a clear mind for 15 minutes. You do know what this website is, right? It's clearly not your first day here, so I'm super curious to try and understand why you at all thought that was something which would be an issue for any single person here.

It's possibly one of the single stupidest things I have seen posted anywhere and it's a comment about sitting. This is an achievement and I really want to know what exactly your logic was behind making it.

Can the Anons that say they know their shit about meditation give suggestion on books, videos etc. for a beginner?

high doses of mushrooms(7g+) or lsd(10-20drops) get me in a nice head space asmr is fun too youtube.com/watch?v=I8dLlGvroac

>No, bring all focus from any of those points

Oh it's an "I refuse to answer anything in your post besides what will make me look good" episode.

> I really want to know what you were thinking when you thought someone on Sup Forums would have trouble sitting comfortably with a clear mind for 15 minutes.
>It's possibly one of the single stupidest things I have seen posted anywhere

This from someone who supposedly meditates. You're now either revealing complete ignorance or feigning that you don't understand anything about meditative practice and what sitting actually entails, just to invent a "gotcha" point.

Oh how very enlightened. LARPer.

This is like you going into Sup Forums and saying to someone that they probably aren't experienced enough to be comfortable bitching about video games.
Seriously, stop avoiding and actually explain what was going through your mind when you wrote "Hahahah you're not even going to be comfortable sitting down for 15 minutes straight in a week" on one of the few places in the world that someone could reliably cultivate a group of people for professional sitting contests just by picking some random anons in any thread.