Marijuana Compound Removes Toxic Alzheimer’s Protein from the Brain

Holy shit, weed haters BLOWN THE FUCK OUT. Cannabis actually HELPS prevent Alzheimers.

>“Although other studies have offered evidence that cannabinoids might be neuroprotective against the symptoms of Alzheimer’s, we believe our study is the first to demonstrate that cannabinoids affect both inflammation and amyloid beta accumulation in nerve cells,” says Salk Professor David Schubert, the senior author of the paper.

>It has long been known that amyloid beta accumulates within the nerve cells of the aging brain well before the appearance of Alzheimer’s disease symptoms and plaques. Amyloid beta is a major component of the plaque deposits that are a hallmark of the disease. But the precise role of amyloid beta and the plaques it forms in the disease process remains unclear.

>The researchers found that high levels of amyloid beta were associated with cellular inflammation and higher rates of neuron death. They demonstrated that exposing the cells to THC reduced amyloid beta protein levels and eliminated the inflammatory response from the nerve cells caused by the protein, thereby allowing the nerve cells to survive.

>“Inflammation within the brain is a major component of the damage associated with Alzheimer’s disease, but it has always been assumed that this response was coming from immune-like cells in the brain, not the nerve cells themselves,” says Antonio Currais, a postdoctoral researcher in Schubert’s laboratory and first author of the paper. “When we were able to identify the molecular basis of the inflammatory response to amyloid beta, it became clear that THC-like compounds that the nerve cells make themselves may be involved in protecting the cells from dying.”

Article here:
>salk.edu/news-release/cannabinoids-remove-plaque-forming-alzheimers-proteins-from-brain-cells/

Original paper here:
>nature.com/articles/npjamd201612.pdf

Sup Forums anti-weed cucks on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093
ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6818588
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3389568/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4642772/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606907/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19630708
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2484906
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463999/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593817/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2424288/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17007222
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4352721/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033190/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11434841
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955395914000206
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0143562
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16128224
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23802821
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24384575
nature.com/articles/npjpcrm201671
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2094297/
monaldi-archives.org/index.php/macd/article/view/645/633
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4747424/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3350824/
nature.com/mp/journal/v22/n1/full/mp201621a.html
youtube.com/watch?v=DaCe2bj9ekc&t
youtube.com/watch?v=rI80mr2sUfA
youtube.com/watch?v=43zDKKodcw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It still makes you behave like a human that has Alzheimers.

Not an argument.

>I smoke weed so I don't get Alzheimer's

Short term memory isn't same as long term memory, the "I'm forgetting what i was doing" it's a neurological effect caused by lack of focus and not because it destroys your memory neurons.

Sheeeeeit

Just a fact.

And fapping reduces the risk for ass cancer. Why does Sup Forums want to kill me with anti-degeneracy?

>thinks that subjective statements that use the word 'like' as a means of drawing comparison to something qualify as facts
you act like a brainlet and that's a fact

Well it gives me extreme anxiety and paranoia... I have no fucking clue why I smoke. I don't know what part of me likes it or any positive effect it's had on me other than to clean my room

>tfw have marijuana psychosis from years of drug use
>tfw if I ever smoke I'll be delusional and paranoid for up to a week
>last time I got stoned, the next day I decided I'd quit my job and live in the woods "because I should live like a wild man, society sucks"

>tfw I literally have to be sober now

DUDE

>DAZOOM POT CURES CANCER

That may be true, but explain why this means we should legalise the smoking of cannabis, rather than legalising it for medication production?

>increases high blood pressure risks by 3x, a problem plauging about 1/3 of Americans.
>but that's okay, because it reduces the chance of Alzheimer's by about 10%, a disease less than 20% of the population gets.

Sure. So btfo.

This is an Israeli board full of shills

>muh blood pressure
Try not eating so many high-sodium McDonalds fries, fatty.

>Cannabis actually HELPS
No you stupid maple nigger, the molecules can be isolated.

You're not alone user.

>tfw have marijuana psychosis
>tfw have psychosis
If that was the normal reaction to a brain on weed we would all be in the woods. You are starting with an abnormal brain, then adding weed. Like how giving a stimulant to someone with ADHD calms then, but it's just speed to everyone else.

David (((Schubert)))

>increases high blood pressure risks by 3x, a problem plauging about 1/3 of Americans.

Explain? I learned in school weed was an upper even though you feel "chilled out" but a simple explanation would help.

>the main molecule that prevents AD is also the psychoactive one
Did you even read the paper?

Well I function normally sober.

Hey guess what Fritz opinions are not arguments and they definitely are not facts now go teach this to your Muslim bull

Hopefully they can do more studies on this. My family has a high risk for Alzheimers. If this turns out to be true I'll be smoking weed like crazy when I get older.

I'm testing on myself I'll let you know when I'm 70 how it worked out or not if I can't remember

I want to try weed but shit like this scares me
The only time I tried it I thought I was dying, the high came down and I started crying tears of joy that I was alive

I wasn't trying to diagnose you as crazy. Just abnormal when it comes to adding weed. Something in your existing chemistry doesn't like it.

that guys is a shill or has much bigger mental problems

Just eat some fucking bananas for Christ's sake.

Alzeimers is fucking terrible. My Grandma has it. It's like watching her slowly die, your personality leaves, your memories, all that's left is a corpse but it's still alive and looks at you when you walk in to visit and you hope that somewhere in there there's some part of them left but deep down you know there's not

>weed literally make you hungry and unleashe the bulimic instincts of Americans
>Illegal because it would create competition DUDE

Holy shit did you hear about morphine? It reduces pain. Quick everyone, fire up your opium pipes and abuse the shit out of it.

Sweet! My blood pressure is always low.

get her high, stat

probably the second, I plan on trying it again sometime to see if I get the same effects

Tons of people get wonky when they do any drugs, even drink.
I get worried sometimes that I'll accidentally throw it all away from some delusional shit. I hold myself together most of the time when I use weed, but I have had enough paranoid events that I have decided it's not a risk that I, as an adult should take.
Probably not wrong

My grandparents both had it. Sometimes a circuit works and she brings up her family or remembered us for a few moments but eventually she was reduced to sitting in a wheel chair calling guys in a magazine handsome.

>Smoke weed
>Prevents alzheimers
>Somehow always remember to smoke weed errday
Checks out

>Weed raises Estrogen levels:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093

>Weed decreases testosterone and growth hormone, tobacco increases them (but also raises cortisol which is a catabolic hormone):
ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6818588
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3389568/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405

>Weed Smokers Have More Violent Convictions:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342

>Weed Causes Cancer:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4642772/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947

>Weed Reduces Volume Of Various Regions Of The Brain And Negatively Effects Motivation :
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/

>Weed Is Addictive:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606907/

>Weed Causes Long Term Cognitive Damage:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19630708
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2484906
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463999/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593817/

>Weed Causes Depression And Anxiety Disorders:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013

oh man, alex alex...

Look, I'm not discounting it has medical applications, but why should I accept AYYWEED EVERYDAY as anything but degeneracy?

>Weed Causes Psychotic Disorders:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2424288/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17007222
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4352721/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033190/

>Children of Fathers that Smoke Weed More Likely To Suffer Sudden Infant Death Syndrome:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11434841

>Weed Legalisation Results In More Frequent Use:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955395914000206
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0143562

>Weed Causes Lung Damage:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16128224
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23802821
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24384575
nature.com/articles/npjpcrm201671
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2094297/
monaldi-archives.org/index.php/macd/article/view/645/633

>Secondhand Weed Smoke Impairs Psychomotor Function And Working Memory:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4747424/

>Weed Worsens Symptoms Of Social Anxiety Disorder:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3350824/

>Weed Causes Deficits In Dopamine Release:
nature.com/mp/journal/v22/n1/full/mp201621a.html

youtube.com/watch?v=DaCe2bj9ekc&t
youtube.com/watch?v=rI80mr2sUfA
youtube.com/watch?v=43zDKKodcw4

I've met one that forgot about political correctness and was super racist towards black people, fucking hilarious

You're smoking too much sativa. Try indica and if that doesn't work, try a CBD only strain.

if you get psychosis when you drink you shouldn't drink same with weed, but that's has to be a pretty small population and also means you have something else going on

do you take any other medications? that could be the issue right there

just don't do a ton all at once do a little at a time if you overwhelm your cannabinoid receptors too much it can make you feel uncomfortable, just like with drinking, its a tolerance thing.

B-but this one article from a nigger/pothead says the drug im already addicted to cures all diseases so I'll just go with that

>Weed makes you hungry, therefore it should be banned

here's a gay ass blog for ya'll
>smoking gives me panic attacks and the worst dry mouth
>do it for weeks at a time when 17 anyways because hurr feels good
>grow out of it, get a job, etc.
>develop severe anxiety issues
>start vaping it to help with anxiety
>still awful dry mouth and mild anxiety breakthroughs, even when choosing the right strains
>stop for a few years, mom who uses it medicinally (thank fucking god she was able to and quit taking painkillers) suggests I try an edible, but I say no since I'm scared of anxiety
>finally try one this last summer, just a little rock candy
>tastes yummy
>super slow onset that lasts for hours but isn't super strong
>just feel happy and glowing, no munchies, dry mouth, anxiety, coughing etc
Can't understand why anyone would take it any other way desu.

>weed -causes- cancer
damage control is off the charts.

>I wonder who could be behind this post
considering all the dot gov links its not a hard guess.

keep pushing alcohol and shit though so your society is subservient and dumb and whatnot. implying people haven't noticed. implying you arn't already dead.

Gentle reminder that Alzheimer's is literally a divine gift bestowed by God to reduce the suffering experienced by the elderly and to try to combat it is absolute heresy

the panic attacks and anxiety are from doing over stimulating your endocannabinoid system doing less would help this the amount in your edible must be good, you build tolerance with time and you won't get that anxiety anymore ever

>t. stoner

I'm pushing sobriety.
Stop escaping reality and face it

Are there any benefits of light usage? Is this for just heavy/daily users? There's a lot of info to trudge through and this thread would be gone before I could put something together.

No medications at all.

Have you never met a drunk person? They get confused, believe they love someone, believe they hate someone, etc. Not every drunk person, but definately a higher amount than people that get psychosis from smoking weed.

There are no drugs that won't eventually make you crazy. Very common to "relax", and be a functional drug user for many years before it becomes an issue.

>dude LMAO smoking weed doesn't mess with my brain
>dude holy shit smoking weed changes my brain BUT it's good I swear

It still blows my mind how people like you are so fucking stupid

This

Sativa makes you wired while indica makes your body melt

Cbd has already been linked to a bunch of health benifits and is proven time and time again to reduce stress and anxiety.

This. Almost all of these downsides are due to an overindulgence of THC.

As with anything, moderation is key.

>Is this for just heavy/daily users?

Yes. Most of that comes from smoking way too fucking much.

Light up niggaz

You probably just got too high. Try a small amount of indica if you want to smoke again. Do it in a more comfy environment.

Not legal in my state so it's whatever my roommate can pick up, kinda boned on choice of product. Thanks for info

Nice government sources. Totally truthful and non biased.

for one, when you get stoned you have to confront your inner voice, it gets "louder". sometimes this makes people paranoid or whatever but it allows you to confront your mental stresses head on and work through them. I treat my anxiety/depression with cannabis with success, but its not like pop a pill and it goes away, you have to sort out your inner demons.

Both light and heavy usage effects me negatively

t. Psychosis user

Forgot to mention weed makes me gay

Straight as an arrow every day, then I smoke some weed and want to Gavin McGinnes my butthole

Figured. Anecdotally I've found artistic abilities go up when you have the fight amount. I've written some cool improv guitar pieces high. Too much then I can't play properly

whatever CIA, go sell some more crack to inner city black gentlemen.

weed thats harvested early wont have as much of the matured trichromes and that's the stuff that will make you feel paranoid off your ass
strain has less to do with it
commercial growers always harvest as early as they can, esp in illegal markets where every day the plants are in the ground is more risk
properly harvested and cured weed doesnt have nearly the same effect

this is great for ptsd

also why i'm pro-statue removal.

pull all the triggers away.

Definitely this. Any "shadow" you have will come full force at you. A few bad trips I've had made me super insecure and feel pathetic. Like near suicidal levels. I eventually confronted and defeated it, though.

Anytime user. Until you can have a better choice of strains, just have smaller amounts of it.

Also, if you start to feel any anxiety coming on again, it really helps if you just remind yourself that it's just the weed, and that it's nothing and it will be over in a few minutes.

>Salk

Well I'm sold.

this. 100%
you need to find people to get it from who do it out of passion not because they are drug dealers

>smoke weed
>don't get alzheimers
>act like you have it from age 16 instead

All I do is think of every horrible situation that can happen whether it's really possible or not (die alone, you're a fucking loser you need to stop engaging others, you're gonna get fired tomorrow for whatever reason). For the most part I talk myself down, telling myself it's the weed. My grandparents taught my mom and us grand kids to talk yourself out of bad thoughts or bad times which is really helpful. Don't need someone else to deal with all my problems.

some people react weird ways to various substances and ending up psychotic from cannabis is a rare but well-documented possibility

>It cleans the brains like soap, babeh.
What about the studies showing it'll give you schizophrenia?
It gives you instant paranoia and paranoia is a primary symptom of schizophrenia.

>artistic abilities go up when you have the fight amount

So true for me. I've always been a very logical, systematic, mathematics left-side brain kind of person, who hated the mandatory art classes growing up. Now when I have a nice sativa I make artwork on the computer. It's not very good but it's a step up for me.

That pic user.

Yeah, you have to harness that inner voice, and instead of berating yourself turn it into an attack strategy to better yourself, overcoming that obstacle allows you great freedom, this is what made me really believe in cannabis when I took hold of my mental state and changed my inner voice to become positive

You're probably too autistic to enjoy cannabis. It's not for everyone.

Fake and gay

>when you get stoned you have to confront your inner voice, it gets "louder".
what weed have you been smoking? you are describing LSD.

>peoples all around the world have been practicing drug use for millenia
>western states crack down on drugs during late 19th/early20th century
>Sup Forums kiddies think they are bad because the local pastor says so

as long as you keep the use moderate and preferrably start during adulthood, it's fine
there's also the factor of genetic disposition, but hey, gotta roll the dice

just don't smoke skunk weed ( high THC content weed )

REEEE THE JESUS LEAF REEEEEE

When you get 20%+ THC stuff it really can have that effect if you have a lot at once

So do you not think? It should really say your thoughts get louder, its easier to get trapped in your head, whatever. not like tripping lmao

the munchies are a myth. it doesn't actually make
you hungry if you're hydrated. get a hard candy
and bottle of water cause your body is craving sugar

> that gif

Story behind this?

>Almost all of these downsides are due to an overindulgence of THC.

Well shit, the same could be said of rat poison. The real question is: are the guaranteed upsides worth the potential downsides?

As far as I've read it's a case of butane gas huffing going very badly wrong.

>The real question is: are the guaranteed upsides worth the potential downsides?

Most of the time yes, especially if you have something wrong with you that warrants a medical marijuana card.

Nicotine has prevention effects on alzheimers too
And of the two (cannabis and nic) which lets you function normally and actually enhances cognitive performance?
Rmyt

>mfw Sup Forums discusses weed

I don't know when it became so acceptable to debate things you know nothing about.

NorCal. We grow it good and tasty here. There's a lot of GIANT operators out here, but it's mostly backyard gardens.
There's folks that grow the CBD weed Harlequin, which has almost no THC. It has no street value.

because i have ate so many edibles in one sitting and still felt nothing, in comparison to the amount of dabs i vape, so realistically once your tolerance is so high, you have to change around strains often, even then its 1-2 weeks at most and im tolerance caped on that strain.

Wtf I'm a #bogiemissile now.