Facial recognition to determine if you are gay!

>New AI can guess whether you're gay or straight from a photograph

>An algorithm deduced the sexuality of people on a dating site with up to 91% accuracy, raising tricky ethical questions

>Artificial intelligence can accurately guess whether people are gay or straight based on photos of their faces, according to new research suggesting that machines can have significantly better “gaydar” than humans.

>The study from Stanford University – which found that a computer algorithm could correctly distinguish between gay and straight men 81% of the time, and 74% for women – has raised questions about the biological origins of sexual orientation, the ethics of facial-detection technology and the potential for this kind of software to violate people’s privacy or be abused for anti-LGBT purposes.

Soon Pence will have homeland security using this! What a time to be alive!

Archive of article: archive.is/s8985

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Up to 91% accuracy
>Men-81%
>Women-74%
Something doesnt add up here.

Either way the fact that some genius thought of this and put it into application is pretty brilliant.

Hopefully some user can come in and explain how the fuck they got those percentages though.

I'M GAY

XD XD XD

>Something doesnt add up here
In the article is says the 91% figure is when the software is fed 5 different pics of the same faggot. The other lower figures are from just one pic, off the dating site.

That is pretty impressive, I wonder what traits they are looking for to make this determination and I wonder if it is facial structure/genetics or something else completely.

My GF reckons she can tell a poofta by his face, gotta admit she was right about it.

So tell me there, when did she confront you about yours?

>I wonder what traits they are looking for to make this determination

faggotry

If you put a mirror in front of the second one she disappears

>men 81%
>women 74%
>traps 100%
proof is in the pudding, boyos

If they're using deep learning the whole point is you don't tell it what to look for, the neural net determines the patterns itself

depends on # of photos.
glad i hate social media.

Now that is actually very interesting, I have limited understanding of what you are talking about but it definitely wants me to go out and look into it more.

>I wonder if it is facial structure/genetics
I bet it looks for facial/bone structure, and expressions. The human judges 'gaydar' most likely relies on how feminine the fags look and express themselves, and how masculine the dykes look (so a bunch of proportions based on stats). For my masters I wrote simple image recognition software for quality control in paper production back in uni in 2000, shit has come a long way since then, I doubt these programmers even had to try that hard

heres the tl;dr
youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

People laughed at me for saying there was a gay face.

NOW THE FUCKING NEURAL NETS PROVE ME RIGHT

LIBERALS ON SUICIDE WATCH

NEXT NEURAL NETS WILL BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY PSYCHOPATHS FROM FACIAL SCANS

ALL POLITICIANS WILL COME OUT AS PSYCHOPATHS

Oh cheers for that bloke, will make some time this afternoon to crack a beer and watch it!

This is cool but will it be available for public use anytime soon.

>will it be available for public use anytime soon
Since Sweden it already 100% gay I doubt there will be much demand over there

Female:
Blue hair? = gay
Nose ring, tats, and chubby? = gay
'Bull' nose ring? = gay
Shaved head? = gay

Male:
Pink shorts? = gay
Plucked eyebrows? = gay
Vegetarian? = gay

The A.I. wouldn't have to be very advanced to be able to I.D. Faggots, desu.

It only looked at faces not mannerism or even attire.

>The research found that gay men and women tended to have “gender-atypical” features, expressions and “grooming styles”, essentially meaning gay men appeared more feminine and vice versa. The data also identified certain trends, including that gay men had narrower jaws, longer noses and larger foreheads than straight men, and that gay women had larger jaws and smaller foreheads compared to straight women.
>The paper suggested that the findings provide “strong support” for the theory that sexual orientation stems from exposure to certain hormones before birth, meaning people are born gay and being queer is not a choice. The machine’s lower success rate for women also could support the notion that female sexual orientation is more fluid.

THE FUCKING PLASTICS ARE TURNING YOUR KIDS GAY

ALEX JONES PROVEN RIGHT AGAIN

>pink shorts
>vegetarian

What part of
>based on photos of their faces
didn't you understand?

Can't read = gay

>in the year 2017 your computer tells you to start sucking dick if it thinks you got a pretty face
Why didn't deus ex predict this?

Dunno if this works, everyone (girls, gays, straight guys) thinks I'm gay, but I'm actually, honestly not.

>AI takes one look at a PEDO face and sends them to jail
How are pedos ever going to recover from this?

Jew version when

>Jew version when
Considering long time /pol posters can spot the jew with near 100% accuracy it should be easy

Same bro. I get it all the time. Its really annoying.

Even science knows chicks making out is okay.

Thats kinda bullshit. Because they studied only those from a dating website. So it was not heterosexuals vs homosexuals, but heterosexual degenerates vs homosexuals.

funnily enough, Pence has gayface

this

100% homo face

Bet it won't out all the trannies. Many such cases. Sad!

Hope u die from aids faggot

Could tell by the flag desu

Ofc it is biological. Some people are gay even when it means off with your head if you're found out. Who would "choose" that

With trannies it's harder. We've had a thread about it yesterday and I've told that when I was a kid I kind of toyed with the idea of how would it be to be a girl and I've heard it's not that unusual for boys in their early teens(a lot of posters also claimed similar fantasies).

Guess what? I though it was gay as fuck so I didn't tell nobody. Like two years later it was gone. Nowadays however, a kid is encouraged to talk about it because of all the gay acceptance no-touching culture and then it's treated seriously, kid gets sent to psychologist who was taught that he should get him on hormones and he should brainwash the poor kid into delusion that this is the right way for him.

The small amount of actual transsexuals, maybe like 0.5% of population if not less, probably can be spotted.

>Gay people make gay faces on dating apps the paper
I work in AI and I would never fucking hire these people. Remember how 70% of psychology studies can't be reproduced? It's because of this stupid shit. Literally imagine what a gay man's dating profile looks like. If they had done this from neutral resting faces I would have been impressed but, oh wow, that's data would be really hard to get and you couldn't just lazily scrap a picture off the web and dump them into Torch

>0.5%
No, it's more like .0001%.

This is what lazy people who never did any maths think deep learning is and is the reason so many research projects based on them turn out to be invalidated by paper 2.

>vs homosexuals trying to attract other homosexuals
I can't believe this is what's coming out of Stanfooooo- oh, it was a psychology paper
>b-b-but ut did better than people
Yeah, and some people go "nigga all these white bois look gay to me." Do you trust people for anything? The training set was biased and they did the Hot Pockets of data analysis ~~Deep Learning~~ ("it's like a deep method breh, that's how you know it's good")

You seem like you know your stuff, can you make a net that can recognise gays or not?

it's funny, because a while back one of these "deep learning" things was trained to identify IQ from pictures, and the high IQ traits are basically the same as the gay traits

can't wait for the normalfags to literally lobotomize their own gene pool trying to fight the gay peril, lol

>Reading the article
Hi plebbit

you fucking cancer, I hope this is bait

Do you have a mental disorder?