Serious question to atheists

Why do you believe we came from nothing?
Why do you believe that nothing matters?
Why do you deny that Jesus was real and died for your sins, and it's easy to go to heaven?
How can free will exist without God?!

Other urls found in this thread:

prri.org/research/american-religious-landscape-christian-religiously-unaffiliated/
churchleaders.com/pastors/pastor-articles/139575-7-startling-facts-an-up-close-look-at-church-attendance-in-america.html
youtube.com/watch?v=bNs2pgFhaPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not an atheist.

"Because we're here and we say there is no God."

But they must realize that's not an argument. Surely?!

>How can free will exist
it doesn't
*unwillingly drops mic*

Church attendance is declining:

prri.org/research/american-religious-landscape-christian-religiously-unaffiliated/

churchleaders.com/pastors/pastor-articles/139575-7-startling-facts-an-up-close-look-at-church-attendance-in-america.html

They just sputter and spit and demand "proofs".

But nothing from the bible, because they have decided a priori that the bible is not "proofs".

Oh, hey, look who it is.

1. God is all-knowing, which means god knows what you are going to do before you do it.

2. Therefore, your actions are predestined because you can't do anything but what god already knew you were going to do.

3. Therefore, free will can not exist. You have no more free will than an character in a story.

It also implies god is evil as fuck. God created me even though he knew I was predestined to be an atheist and go to hell anyway. He basically just created me to suffer. If god exists, it must be destroyed.

Nobody says we came from nothing.

We say that we don't know what creates a universe yet.
It very well may be an infinite multiverse of universes and when to collide, they create a new one.

The difference is that we follow modern observation and not ancient middle eastern gossip.

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world.

>Why do you believe we came from nothing?
I don't. We just don't know what it is we came from.
>Why do you believe that nothing matters?
I don't.
>Why do you deny that Jesus was real and died for your sins, and it's easy to go to heaven?
Prove it.
>How can free will exist without God?!
It ostensibly doesn't, but it's a useful fiction to maintain.

I don't, that's what you believe. That there was nothing then God waved his dick and said "let there be things".
Again, that's what you believe. Stop projecting.
>Why do you deny that Jesus was real and died for your sins, and it's easy to go to heaven?
Denying falsehood is a moral imperative of all Men.
>How can free will exist without God?
What, nigger? Free will can not exist in a system with an omnipotent creator. Why the fuck is this so hard for you retards to understand?

Why do you believe God came from nothing?
It doesn't exist.

You think free will gives you the power to surprise God.

I wonder why you think that. It's certainly not based on anything in reality. Maybe you just made it up?

>yet
Faith based statement of belief, indicating a religious statement.

>Prove it.

I rest my case.

>Why do you believe God came from nothing?

That's not our belief.

>Therefore, your actions are predestined
How so? The only reason God can know your actions is that he exists outside of space and time. He still gave your free will.

>atheism
>religion

He desires the ability to think, speak and act without God's foreknowledge. He seeks to be as God.

Atheism is a godless religion with faith based beliefs.

Because knowing there is no God would require infinite knowledge of the entire multiverse, which no man has.

DELET THIS

>:(

Atheism is on the rise in the United States whether you agree with it or not.

White Christians are not breeding, apart from Mormons:

White Christians stand out in that they do not have young children living at home. Nearly three-quarters of white evangelical Protestants (73%), white mainline Protestants (73%), and white Catholics (75%) do not have children under the age of 18 living at home. Roughly seven in ten Jews (71%) and Buddhists (72%), and approximately two-thirds of religiously unaffiliated Americans (68%), black Protestants (67%), and Hindus (67%), also report that they have no children living in their household. In contrast, only about half (50%) of Hispanic Catholics and Hispanic Protestants (52%) have no children in their households.

For all the fucktards here, Chris-chan ≠ Jesus

kys if you use religion for anything other than crusading

>We say that we don't know what creates a universe yet.
We know that matter can not create itself. Therefore, God is the only logical and rational explanation.

1: b/c we know the big bang happened and there's no evidence of anything before it.
2: I believe that people matter to other people, and that that is as much as anything can matter
3: no evidence
4: free will is fundamentally contradictory to the existence of an omnipotent God

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. There is no more evidence for an Abrahamic god than for Zeus, or for Trump Tower on Mars.

Why do you think that's my position?

As an atheist I don't believe we came "from nothing" because that makes absolutely no sense. We simply don't know what happened at the start, and I see no reason to believe it was wished into existence by an invisible wizard six thousand years ago.

I understand you're rightfully sick of hearing hyperbole like that and having God compared to the Easter Bunny but I'm sick of hearing I believe in literal nothing and have no morals.

>We know that matter can not create itself
We don't know that.

>Atheism is a godless religion
Atheism isn't a religion, and repeating this mantra won't make it so.

Better question for theists:
Why do you think that everything that is unexplainable was a magic trick by god?

>he exists outside of space and time
That means he doesn't exist.
>He still gave your free will.
How? If he knows whay we'll do and created us to do those things how do we havr any choice in the matter? Try to reason it out.

Also, fwiw, I'm a theist, just not specific to a defined religion. I just think there is no harm in believing in God. That said, I don't think religion is a valid justification for scapegoating groups of people.

a result of molestation at a small age, and bad genes with low IQ

I don't believe we came from nothing necessarily, the big bang had to come from somewhere so who the fuck knows.
Because nothing actually matters.
I deny the existence of a caring all powerful being who would let little kids get brain tumors before the age of 3.
Free will exists right now in my decision and thought process to type this comment, simple.

Because I see no compelling reason to think otherwise, although I don't think we came from nothing. I'm not qualified enough to explain the physics involved, however.

I think a lot of things matter. I just think the decision as to what does and doesn't matter rests in human hands. I don't need a divine watchdog to tell me that killing people is generally wrong, I simply know it is.

Because I know of no compelling evidence for his existence.

Honestly, how can it exist WITH God? A lack of free will seems like a natural consequence of omniscience. You can't know how everything will inevitably turn out unless all choices have already been made.

I'm fine with the Bible as long as its corroborated by additional sources...which it unfortunately rarely is.

For example, the Egyptians frankly LOVED keeping track of history. They recorded everything. Yet there isn't a single Egyptian mention or allusion to the Exodus. More to the point, the Exodus is normally pegged as having happened around 1500 BC according to the Ussher chronology. One would expect the mass loss of tens of thousands of Hebrew slaves, not to mention a significant portion of Egypt's military when the Red Sea stopped being parted, would have a massive negative impact on the Egyptian economy for decades, if not centuries.

Yet we know who was Pharaoh in 1500 BC - Thutmose I, who expanded the Egyptian kingdom south into Nubia and reigned during one of Egypt's highest points. There is no evidence of any major economic uphevals in the previous century, and in the subsequent several centuries Egypt would see some of its greatest Pharaohs and achievements - including, for example, Ramesses II.

Young age indoctrination is the answer

Actually, here - The question of "Where did you get that idea?" applies to all of your questions, so I'll go down the list and try to answer what I think you're asking.
Why don't I believe the account in the bible? Because the bible is full of errors as a result of being translated from aramaic to hebrew to greek to english numerous times and back again. If I understood the original texts there might be something more compelling, but the amount of contradictions to reality are staggering.
I don't believe that. Every single thing has value.
Who? I haven't actually heard this story.
How can free will exist WITH God, who knows what's going to happen for the entire length of the universe in every possible permutation because he created all of it and wills it to be exactly how it will be for now and to the end of eternity?

Rereading your questions, I have to say great b8.

I dont know where we came from

We all die in the end and turn to nothingness. How could anything ever matter when the end is so absolute.

Burden of proof yada yada

I don't think free will exists

Not an atheist, but:
Literally no one believes that. Every non-divine creation theory works under the assumption that there are underlying mechanisms to the nature of the Universe that we still do not understand. To claim these hidden mechanisms are an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient and omnibenevolent being is an unnecessary far fetch and no different from believing in a mythological creature.

You're confusing atheism with nihilism.

Don't know anyone who denies Jesus of Nazareth's existence. There is also no proof of the existence of heaven, the definition of sin, and even whether or not we and all we
perceive is real.

Free will can ONLY exist without a God. If God is all-knowing, he then knows all that was, is and will be, and so He knows that every action undertaken by a person is predestined, and since they bend to His divine will, God, if he exists, under the framework you provide, is responsible for all sins in past, present and future, and so He is the Tempter.
Pre-written history is necessary for an omniscient God, and is incompatible with free will. If you are following a written order of God, you are not free and are thus guiltless of all crimes.

Thou shalt not worship false idols.

I don't, I simply don't believe that a god that always existed but decided at an arbitrary moment to create the universe is the creator. Besides the big bang doesn't assert that something came from nothing.
Mostly I just don't care. If god sends me to hell whatever. If he sends me to heaven I guess that's also acceptable. If I am reincarnated that seems ideal. If my consciousness truly dies with me than that is also fine.
Immortality is a crappy deal, heaven and hell are essentially interchangeable. Also I tried religion. Didn't seem logical, didn't feel better, happier, or different, and mostly just saw it as a waste of time. Sure I could go to church every Sunday and read the bible every night for an hour, or I could masturbate for an extra 9 minutes every day and spend an extra hour every night playing vidya or shitposting.
How can it exist with god? If god knows everything than he can predict the future with 100% certainty. At the moment of creation he knew who would accept or reject him and chooses to condemn people based off of their choices.

You have a choice between two doors, door A and door B.

God knows you will pick door B because he knows everything and exists outside of time. This means you CANT pick door A. Your only choice is to pick door B, because otherwise you would surprise god. Your choice was predetermined. How is that free will?

yes all religions brainwash little children, otherwise they will grow up normal.

So many christcuck threads today. It's funny seeing you getting backed into a corner again and again in every thread.
Want to take a guess at why we don't know if something can come from nothing? Pro-tip: It's because we can never have "nothing" to conduct experiments on.

>Why do you believe we came from nothing
I dont know, not keeping up with origin-of-the-universe theories so much tbqh

I dont.

Because I like to hurt people.

All matter is just disturbances in various interacting fields, for example photons are disturbances in the electromagnetic field. Is it not much more plausible that the universe is governed by a simple set of rules that led to complex life than a consciousness just existed beforehand. That simple leads to complex. Just like evolution, simple cells led to complex life.
There is no reason is has to matter.
Could have been a real guy, just like every other cult leader. The whole heaven thing is clearly a human invention, a lie that people tell themselves so they don't have to face reality.
Free will is just the ability to choose, your brain weighs possible decisions and makes a choice, that is your free will, you are your brain. The opposite of that would be if someone else chose for you.

>if I'm a good boy I'll live forever and get to zoom around space and hang out with jesus, all I have to do is call jesus god and pray for redemption

You literally have to be retarded to not realize religion is jew shill tactics for retards. Seen any ghosts lately op?

Jesus caused the blind to see, the deaf to hear, the mute to speak, the leper to be healed, the palsied to be made whole, the cripple to walk, the bleeding to cease bleeding, demonstrated power by stopping the sea, by stopping the wind, by walking untouched through murderous mobs of Jews, He fed 10,000 people on many occasions with just a few loaves and fish, He raised His friend Lazarus from the dead four days later, and He raised Himself from the grave on the third day following His crucifixion.

He made extraordinary claims, and He provided extraordinary evidence to prove that He is God.

Of course it's a religion; it's just a godless religion that elevates the self to godhead.

You clearly dont understand what satire is reddit.

What is inexplicable to God?

Your free will is used, by you, to select among your available options.

You do not have "surprise God" as one of your available options.

Nor do you have "jump to the moon".

>He made extraordinary claims, and He provided extraordinary evidence to prove that He is God.
So where are the objective claims of these extraordinary events. Where do pagan Roman historians talk of Jesus feeding tens of thousands on multiple occasions?

>source: The Bible
Lol

>so who the fuck knows.

God knows.

99/9% of atheists are agnostic.
It's not a religion, no matter how hard you try to push it faggot.

pic related

>Someone writing something down is proof that it happened
How do you remember how to type and breathe at the same time?

How do Atheists explain the paranormal?

A BOOK IS A PROOF OKAY? CZKECK MATE KEKTEISTWS
>A BOOK IS A PROOF OKAY? CZKECK MATE KEKTEISTWS

>They recorded everything.

You must not have taken even the most rudimentary Egyptology class to be left with that conclusion. Nothing negative about any pharaoh is ever found. Their slaves leaving them en masse, destroying their army, killing their pharoah, and stripping the country of its gold and silver is NOT something the Egyptians would have recorded.

The Ipuwer papyrus is extra-biblical evidence of the plagues of Egypt, during Moses' time, but you will not believe that either. Nor will you believe the monument Solomon made on the other side of Al Aqaba to commemorate the crossing.

In fact, you won't even take the finding of the Hebrew pottery in the land of Goshen as evidence.

Do you want to know how I know all of that? What you will and will not do?

Because you have already made up your mind.

According to propaganda stories written 30 years after his supposed death, by unknown authors, of which we have no copies from less than 100 years after his supposed death, with different manuscripts with significant differences among them.

The most it could mean is that he was skilled stage magician.

This picture is so incredibly cute that you at least deserve a reply and a (you). I'm apatheist, so can't really answer your questions though. Have a bump.

A single source that we know for a fact was compiled based upon committee vote is not extraordinary evidence.

>Religion
>>the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
>>a particular system of faith and worship.
>>a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.

1) Atheism is specifically the rejection of a superhuman controlling power.
2) Atheism has no system of faith or worship.
3) My non-belief in God is not supremely important to me.

Atheism is a belief. It is not a religion. Religion implies some degree of structure.

Serious questions for theists:

Why do you think a salami sandwich in the sky can grant your wishes?
What is it about shellfish exactly that makes it unholy to eat?
If god is all knowing and all powerful, why didn't he make the world so that we have happy lives AND free will?
If jesus is fully god, why is he just bread and wine without the salami and provolone as well?

>paranormal
You mean hoaxes, and illusions? Name the strongest paranormal case you've got

I could have picked Door A, and then God would have known for all time that I was going to pick Door A.

I could have killed myself without picking either door, and God would have known from before the creation that I would suicide before picking a door.

My choice. My actions. My agency. My free will.

Also, my inability to read God's mind, and God's persistence in not telling me everything He knows.

do you find these cute as well?

How does one explain that which does not exist? It's impossible to provide proof of the paranormal, as evidenced by everyone who tried and failed. There are also no traceable accounts or reliable witnesses or evidence.

Most of what is called paranormal is simply things that do not exist and have been exaggerated in the heads of shocked or unstable people.

Nor can scientific experiments be done in the past, or make conclusions that make any sense for the past.

In the bible, and in the writings of at least a dozen of the most famous historians of the age.

I rest my case in chief #2.

Let's say an atheist encounters a so called "shadow person." Or experiences doors randomly shutting or opening on their own volition in a house purported to be haunted. Or at the extreme, objects moving without external impetus.

I'm just curious as to how they'd approach such a situation.

Then they're so stupid they can't tell the difference between being an athesit, being agnostic, and being an anti-theist, which most of them are (not agnostic).

Seconds have not passed since the last miracle.

Oh, wow, yeah, great conclusion. The bible is the result of a skilled stage magician.

the books were compiled into canons

canons don't matter

Record your observations, make a hypothesis, run some experiments

?
The shit tube running through it.
Because human agency tends toward evil, not good.
He's not even the bread and wine.

Except your choices are defined by your biology an upbringing. If you are predisposed to depression you are more likely to kill yourself. If you were molested by your father you are more likely to kill yourself. If you are an autist who was unable to make friends you are more likely to kill yourself. If you are a manlet who was constantly bullied for their height you are more likely to kill yourself. If your genes and poor upbringing result in a low IQ than you will be less likely to succeed in like making you more likely to kill yourself.
Stack all that shit together and it would be no surprise that you kill yourself while someone born mentally healthy with a good uprbinging and lots of friends doesn't. Or more relevant god lets children be born in non-Christian households in non-Christian countries where children never hear of Jesus or simply have no reason in particular to believe in Christianity. He then condemns those people to hell for not believing.

Are you 12 years old? Strange things happen but there is always a physical explination. So lets say you saw a shadow person, obviously your brain is under stress and it's an hallucination. A door closing on it's own is likely the wind.

Op there ain't no ghosts or bullshit like that. People are gone when they die, I hope when you get to my age and have seen 20 odd people put in the ground you can keep up with your delusion.

If you can see a shadow person, you can study it.

If a door is opening and closing, you can study it.... See if you can affect the timing/force and how it behaves.

Same with objects moving. Figure out what's causing it.... If nothing is causing it, put it as the foundation of a perpetual motion device and make millions.

Who created God?
I already know what your answer it and to that I ask:
Why couldn't the universe just create itself then?

And in all those cases, you could have never done anything else because God knew you were going to do it before you did. But those things didn't happen, because when god created the universe he already determined how it would and and everything that would happen in between. Your choices were made when he said "let there be light", and you're just an actor acting out a play that god wrote.

God created you to pick door B. You could have never done anything else.

My choices.
My biology.
My upbringing.
My conscious.
My subconscious.
My unconscious.
My desires.
My faults.
My goals.
My IQ.
My genes.

See the common word in there?

Like any number of cult leaders before and since.

>but there is always a physical explination.

kek

>In the bible
Inherently biased source. Why would the bible have stories where the writers specifically state that they couldn't find witnesses to a miracle or there are X reasons to believe such miracles never happened.
>at least a dozen of the most famous historians of the age.
Mind listing historians who aren't Jewish or Christian and wrote their works within a century of Jesus' death?

>people unironically want to live in an athiestic society.

Nobody is asking you to go to church, you dont have to collapse our entire moral foundation because your """intellectual"" arrogance is feels the need to virtue signal.

God = spirit being
Universe = energy and matter subject to entropy and loss of usable information

Good argument.

Yeah have fun going to the eternal rape dungeon because you never believed in Kleeborb.

Exactly.

Because "surprise God" is not an available option to me.

Then again, neither is "disappoint God", which I find tremendously encouraging.

>Because human agency tends toward evil, not good.
Why? God created humans... Surely he could make them tend towards good.

Even if he couldn't, surely he could have created the situations where humans happened to (by chance) always choose the good situation

Jesus lived a sinless celibate life.

Show me a cult leader who did not have sex with children.

1) I don't
2) I don't
3) I don't believe it.
4) consciousness

The truth actually has no bias. Objective truth is objective truth.

>Tips fedora

youtube.com/watch?v=bNs2pgFhaPw

I wouldn't call the laws of physics and the existence of a universe "nothing". They're quite something. Even if we have no bloody idea why -this- universe with -these- laws, it's still something.
Eh? I have things I value.
The idea of an "Afterlife" is for selfish people who worry too much about their own feelz.
Instead of worrying what you will feel after your death, focus on building something useful/valuable for the next generation.
I reject the morals associated with an afterlife. Better that death be final, so people are invested in the future of their civilization rather than their future as individuals.
Also, God is the arbiter of Sins in your canon. He could just as easily decide to undo them without sending anyone. The sacrifice of Jesus is irrelevant.
Free Will does not exist. Will does, but it's constrained by our bodys' chemistry.

Have fun not knowing why you exist.

>Nothing negative about any pharaoh is ever found.

Wrong on two counts. First, it IS found, it's just normally given a positive spin or outright lied about, but rarely covered up - for example, Ramesses II claimed a stunning victory at Kadesh, when in fact it was only a narrow Egyptian tactical victory and was strategically indecisive.

Second, subsequent Pharaohs loved to talk shit about their predecessors, especially if their predecessors actually did fuck up in some way.

>The Ipuwer papyrus

The Ipuwer Papyrus has some problems accepting it as evidence of anything. First, it describes one or two events somewhat similar to one or two events in Exodus, but it also describes events not contained in Exodus.

Second, it is clearly an Egyptian pleading to an Egyptian deity to destroy the author's enemies, which the deity proceeds to do. Now I'll grant that the earlier parts of the Bible seem to make it pretty clear that Yahweh is just one of multiple deities with which he is in competition, but I'm pretty certain that's not a stance you want to take now.

Third, the Ipuwer Papyrus has been dated to about 1990-1800 BC, which would put it three to five hundred years before Exodus according to most Biblical chronologies, which again is usually pegged at or around 1500 BC.

>Nor will you believe the monument Solomon made on the other side of Al Aqaba to commemorate the crossing.

Solomon was King of Israel from around 970 to 931 BC, which would be six hundred years or so after Exodus. So, no, I don't take a monument erected centuries afterwards as evidence. Japan built a life-sized Gundam model, that doesn't mean that any Gundam series happened.

>In fact, you won't even take the finding of the Hebrew pottery in the land of Goshen as evidence.

I take it as evidence of trade occurring. Israel was on the Levant. The Levant was a major trading hub and had been for centuries.